Which BCNM 30-60 and KS30 you recommend to best Profit
First Page 2
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-08-20 19:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of KS and BS, friends for help me and time, but I want "Money" and Idk all bn and which have good rate drop or a expensive item.

Accept suggestions
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 19:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you have to work with. If you got a good nin +rdm trial and trib is great. If you only got yourself as a rdm or a good blm (or duo) up in arms is like garunteed 60k+ in npcables that are worth abit more now though. And of course when you finnally get that kclub. As far as good money on KS... alot have rediculously poor droprates. Id reccomend Copycat or Royal ramble. Both have decent garunteed drops and good some good drops that have high droprates. But they are a bit harder than the others...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-20 19:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal ramble!!!

Royal jelly if you got a click for bcnm
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-08-20 19:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Emperor Hairpin has like a 40% drop rate in Dropping Like Flies. It's 6-man, but it can be duo'd extremely easily by any decent Paladin and Summoner. There's, of course, the standard fare Under Observation. Many combinations can do it fairly easily. A good NIN or BLU can duo with a RDM.

As for KSNM, Royale Ramble and Copycat probably. Copycat is very setup-specific, though. SCH and BLU make better healers than WHM here 'cause Benediction spam is no fun.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 20:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as for copy cat I just do the no brain 4+ blms...
 Lakshmi.Vetramont
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vetramont
By Lakshmi.Vetramont 2009-08-20 20:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Demolition Duty for BSs and Royale Ramble for KSs, due to the guarunteed gil from both (excluding lol galka hands on DD, but that's rare). To me, there's nothing worse than spending a ton of time on a BCNM run and coming home with zilch. (That's right, I'm talking to you, ODS >.>)
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-08-20 20:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Vetramont said:
I like Demolition Duty for BSs and Royale Ramble for KSs, due to the guarunteed gil from both (excluding lol galka hands on DD, but that's rare). To me, there's nothing worse than spending a ton of time on a BCNM run and coming home with zilch. (That's right, I'm talking to you, ODS >.>)

Demolition Duty is an Assault... did you mean Demolition Squad?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 20:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ODS used to be better. I used to be in a blm merc shell about 1-1.5 years ago. Yeah out of nowhere droprate went way the hell down. To the point where wed only get a money drop maybe 1/30ish. But no one would listen all they say was the OMG bigger money drops and never took our word on droprates and how Copycat had garunteed adaman and then garunteed good soemthign else... and generally soemthing worth a rather nice amount. So of course when you spend hours and hours only getting the gil from the KSNM... you break linkshell lol.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-20 22:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out for Royale Ramble. It requires a very specific set-up. I've tried with less than optimal parties, and it was like running into a brick wall.

Don't forget BCNM60 ~ Up In Arms! In theory, if it's a 1% Drop Rate, it's still the most profitable BCNM seal for seal. At 100 runs, or 6000 beastman seals, you make 40 million gil. That's 6.7K per seal. BCNM40 UO is reported a 10% rate on PCC, and that's 400 seals to make 2M (or less). That's 5k/seal.

That's of course making a lot of assumptions.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-20 22:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghlin said:
Watch out for Royale Ramble. It requires a very specific set-up. I've tried with less than optimal parties, and it was like running into a brick wall.

Don't forget BCNM60 ~ Up In Arms! In theory, if it's a 1% Drop Rate, it's still the most profitable BCNM seal for seal. At 100 runs, or 6000 beastman seals, you make 40 million gil. That's 6.7K per seal. BCNM40 UO is reported a 10% rate on PCC, and that's 400 seals to make 2M (or less). That's 5k/seal.

That's of course making a lot of assumptions.

You're not factoring in Ni for UO. UIA is still the better gil/seal return, but UO has more consistent returns so in some ways it's more favorable.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 22:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes also not factoring in the 100% synth materials from UIA npcs for like 60k... and actually sells on ah now for a little more
 Fairy.Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-08-20 22:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Hes also not factoring in the 100% synth materials from UIA npcs for like 60k... and actually sells on ah now for a little more

60k? Where are you getting your numbers from?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-20 22:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"experience"

Looks like ~48k in NPC to me, plus a teleport ring and another synthesis material that'd probably be better to AH.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-20 22:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Dasva said:

60k? Where are you getting your numbers from?

3 oxbloods sell for 13kish npc 14-15k ah 2 pearls 1 black pearl forget npc price but sell at about 1k and 2k. You get a tele ring which npcs for 2.5k then one of the necks which is like another 2k npc but stole is up to like 10k on ah now I think... thats just garunteed theres a whole bunch of other stuff you can get 1 of maybe kclub or walkures in another tier.

Oh yeah and I solod 1.1k worth of seals on that. In like 1 week lol
 Leviathan.Lenor
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Lenor 2009-08-20 22:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal favourites are BCNM60 Jungle Boogymen and KSNM30 Royale Ramble.

Jungle Boogymen requires some initial setup requirements such as making sure everyone has cleared their Tonberry hate, getting the Paintbrush of Souls to get into the Den of Rancor, getting unlit lanterns and lighting them to open the gate to the Sacrifical Chamber. But once you know what you're doing and know how to navigate the area efficiently, it's all good. If you don't sell and split, and extremely lucky drop will net over 1M Gil. An average drop gets 100k - 300k, depending on which torque(s) you get.

My LS managed to spam 11 rounds in a little under 3 hours and everyone walked away with 450k+ :>

It requires a specifc set up though: RDM, WHM, BLM, tank, DD x2.

BCNM30 Royal Jelly is my other favourite - if only because it shouldn't be that hard to find heavy DDx2 and one main heal.

I don't think the set up for Royal Ramble is that strict - RDM/NIN/PLD kiter x2, main healer, heavy DD x3.
 Valefor.Maiev
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Maiev 2009-08-20 23:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Royale Ramble ksnm30 will give you a guaranteed 250k more or less depending on how much the ingot sells for on your server, its a guaranteed drop
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-20 23:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maiev said:
Up in arms ksnm30 will give you a guaranteed 250k more or less depending on how much the ingot sells for on your server, its a guaranteed drop

No. UIA is a BCNM60, I assume you are referring to Royal Ramble?
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-20 23:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre: Yeah, I was using napkin math. I didn't factor in the Staggering amount of Oxblood either...
 Valefor.Maiev
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Maiev 2009-08-20 23:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Maiev said:
Up in arms ksnm30 will give you a guaranteed 250k more or less depending on how much the ingot sells for on your server, its a guaranteed drop

No. UIA is a BCNM60, I assume you are referring to Royal Ramble?

brainfart -_-
yes i was referring to Royale Ramble :P, edited post
 Caitsith.Rephlex
Server: Caitsith
user: Rephlex
By Caitsith.Rephlex 2009-08-20 23:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Up in arms has been a favorite of mine. 1/10 on the KClub to date. 60k does seem to be the normal expected walk away money. However, 60 seals is a lot to burn for that little. I do not know if you have BST at 60+, but as a BST trio it is honestly easy enough to read a book while doing it. As it is a single NM BCNM you have a lot of options with setups.

Another thing to consider would be the SCNMs. I keep hearing good stories about those and collecting the keyitems for the Alliance instances are said to yield awesome loot and worth the effort.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-21 00:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldnt have to bring 3 people to up in arms...
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-21 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to duo up in arms with my friend all the time. I was RDM and he was BLM. Was easy as hell.
Now's he's quit and I need to find another strategy. -.-

RR seems like a good choice. I wish I had people to do it with. O.ignot is 100% not to mention the other stuff.

If you have SMN then Contaminated Colleseum is easy as hell as well. You just need a few SMN friends.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-21 11:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Well as for copy cat I just do the no brain 4+ blms...

whoot! time nuke + ele seal sleep ftw >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2009-08-21 12:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to do Under Observation. Compare this to BCNM (40 seals) to Petryfying Pair (30 seals) for example. UO you can get a 2M Peacock Charm and/or up to 2 Ni scrolls, so that is a possiblity of 3 "money items". Pet Pair you can get either Leapers or a Ni scroll (I've never gotten either). So for my level my best gil/seal ration is the UO.

I can't speak to anything higher or any kindred fights because I've never tried them.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 12:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You have 75 thf and 100 woodworking and you've never tried a KS? O_o
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-21 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Up In Arms for BS.
Royale Ramble for KS.

Anything else is a waste of seals.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-21 12:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkei said:
I have a lot of KS and BS, friends for help me and time, but I want "Money" and Idk all bn and which have good rate drop or a expensive item.

Accept suggestions
Depends largely on jobs you have available. If you have Smn 20+, Shooting Fish is great depending on how well you can sell the Mann. Pieces and you 'also' get Thunder Spirit Pact worth 200k. Sure, the drops aren't as high in value as UO, but you can do 2 SF for every 1 UO.

If it takes 10 UO to get 1 PCC (based on averages) and say you get more lucky than normal and get 2 Utsu: Ni... That's a profit of ~2.7 mil or so.

With the same # of seals, you can do 20 Shooting Fish. You're guaranteed a Mannequin head worth from 100-300k depending on the person. You have a 1/20 chance at a Mannequin Body worth 200-400k depending on the person. And you have ~ a 1/4 chance at a Thunder Spirit Pact. Add that all up and you have at minimum 3 mil, with a good chance at 3.2 mil or more. Plus, the BC can be solo'd by a Summoner with good skill and minimal investment in drinks/ethers.

I also echo the thoughts of others on KS. I'd do the Royal Ramble for guaranteed gil especially since the drops that aren't guaranteed are worth nice gil as well.

That is, IF you have no plans on going for Black Belt items from the KS99's. =)

Enternius said:
Up In Arms for BS.
Royale Ramble for KS.

No... Up in Arms is one of the biggest wastes of BS there is. Even at a 1% drop rate on the KC, it's going to take you 6000 seals to get a club (going by averages, yes you could get a KC on the first run). With those 6000 seals you could do 150 UO or 300 SF. And... From those 150 UO you'd hit an average of ~41 mil. From the SF, you'd net nearly 100 mil.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 12:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Up In Arms for BS.
Royale Ramble for KS.

That's debatable big time. I know a lot of people that have done a lot of Up In Arms and never seen a KC, so sure, it's a guaranteed ~60k or thereabouts, but you could do 1.5 times as many runs of Under Observation or any other BC40 for a much higher chance at some decent money. Sure it's no 40mil or w/e KC is at, but it's a realistic chance that a lot of people (including myself) have done fairly well out of on occasion.

Jungle Boogeymen is another good one. Two runs of that and you're almost guaranteed to get ~4-500k, and could get 2-3 times that amount if you're (stupidly) lucky.

And going by your logic of spending lots of BS on a BC with a stupidly low drop rate, you should be suggesting Early Bird Catches the Wyrm KS99 or nothing else, you have a better chance of that dropping than you have of getting KC from Up In Arms, and sells for nearly the same price.

Edit: Shooting Fish looks good too if Tbest's reported drops are correct, I've not looked into many BC's at all really, just speaking from experience of the ones I have done.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-21 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I like the mannequin BC's for 20/30. Guaranteed to get at least one mannequin piece and 1/20 drop rate on another one. SF is probably the best one due to the Thunder Spirit Pact being worth ~200k.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-21 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay math time.

6000 seals to get one Kclub.
So of a 100-run sample size, you're likely to get these for drops.

1 Kraken Club (50,000,000G)
300 Oxbloods (4,500,000G)
200 Pearls (300,000G)
100 Black Pearls (500,000G)

That's 55,300,000G total, or 9216 gil per seal. You'd be lucky to get half that over time from any other BCNM.

Now, for KSNM, Royale Ramble is a given, just based on the fact that it's 100% drop for O Ingot.

Of a 100-run sample size (3000 seals)

101 Orichalcum Ingots (30,300,000G)
31 Warwolf Belts (2,170,000G)
21 Hierarch Belts (420,000G)
25 Palmerin's Shields (750,000G)
23 Trainer's Gloves (92,000G)
100 LV73 weapons (250,000G)
133 Cardian Cards (133,000G)
8 Damascus Ingots (1,600,000G)
4 Damascene Cloths (600,000G)

Total of 36,315,000G, or 12,105 per seal.

I believe my math is all correct. These are all prices from my server.
First Page 2