Which BCNM 30-60 and KS30 you recommend to best Profit
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-21 12:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
You'd be lucky to get half that over time from any other BCNM.
And yet I listed two BCNM's that you get at least the same amount as your UiA or more. Btw, KC from what I've last seen is ~40 mil on Fairy.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-21 12:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My maths took a long time ; ; I didn't see you say that before I started.

And Shooting Fish is really good. Last time I cared about making money, those Pacts were 60k. Idk why they jumped so high in price but I'd still go for Up In Arms considering it's fairly easy to solo, and I'd rather have 1 Kclub than 300 Thunder Spirit Pacts (Which sell about once every other day on my server)
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-08-21 12:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Royal Jellies simply because of the ease. DRGx2+WHM = win every time. Did several runs a couple weeks ago with LS mates. we set the record every run (did 5ish total). I got ni and phalanx drops on two different runs. (that made it 1/7ish on each I think (not just my orbs)).

Did three runs yesterday. First person got Ni. so that makes it 2/10 on runs I've participated in. The other two runs were crap drops. I think I'll make a whopping 20k off mine if I'm lucky.

I do want to look into the others, particularly since I want a manne body. It's just hard finding the proper setups.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2009-08-21 13:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
You have 75 thf and 100 woodworking and you've never tried a KS? O_o

awesome huh? lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-21 13:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius, the one place your reasoning really fails is that even after 100 runs of Up In Arms, you actually have a pretty decent chance of NOT seeing a KC drop.

Wiki said:
[[Kraken Club]] {{Drop Rate|6|1009}}

That's 6 KC's out of 1009 runs, or 0.6%, meaning that even after 100 runs you theoretically have a 60% chance of having seen one. However that's not how odds work, because even after your 99th run, you still have a 0.6% chance of getting one the next run, not a 59.4% chance.

So basically, if you're the sort of person that loves wasting your money on the lottery as a means of getting rich, then by all means do Up In Arms, but there are much better methods of making money with MUCH better better odds.
[+]
 Siren.Yunalie
Server: Siren
user: Rayln
By Siren.Yunalie 2009-08-21 14:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed with Blazza, if you are looking to make money why the HELL would you waste seals on a 0/6% drop? do U/O 100 times for 40 seals I promise you'll see a PCC at least once.

I have to facepalm almost everytime Ent posts something and I have to admit im on the same server as him...
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-21 14:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Royale Ramble

4xDD, RDM, WHM.

One DD (we used a WAR w/ Hermes' Sandals) vokes King of Coins and runs back to start.

other 3 DD (had 2 SAM and MNK(me)) Rape Queen of batons RDM holds Queen of Cups. Should be dead by the time WAR gets back with King. Kill the King when he gets back. Kill QoCups after. Easy as hell.
 Ramuh.Kaishen
Server: Ramuh
user: Kaishen
By Ramuh.Kaishen 2009-08-21 14:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
That's 6 KC's out of 1009 runs, or 0.6%, meaning that even after 100 runs you theoretically have a 60% chance of having seen one. However that's not how odds work, because even after your 99th run, you still have a 0.6% chance of getting one the next run, not a 59.4% chance.

Actually I just ran the numbers through a binomial calculator, and it's even worse than you put it here. With 100 trials, and a 0.6% drop rate, you have a 55% chance of having 0 K. Clubs drop. If it's a 1% drop rate, you still have a 36% chance of having seen 0 K. Clubs after 100 runs.