Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-11 10:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The way the killer Instinct and the killer effects bonus from Nukumi gausape works is like this:

Killer effects cap at 50%
This is severely reduced on NM's by 2/3 just because
Bst can pretty easily get to 40~45% but capping at 50 usually requires the 10~12% killer effects food.

Nukumi Gausape works like founders. Or I prefer to say founder's body works like Nukumi Gausape, because Ferine/Nukumi came first.

1/2 of the Killer effects damage will be reduced while Gausape is worn.

So at most it can be 25% damage reduction. However, as stated earlier, this is multiplicative with Damage reduction, so it becomes only 12.5% if you are capped at 50% dt already.

(The cap for players if 50%, the cap for pets is 87.5%. Players need a separate category to exceed 50% which is rare, but bst has one)

Futhermore Killer Instinct has the exact same effect multiplied again at 15%

This means with capped killer effects, Killer Instinct, and Nukumi Gausape +1 it is possible to get about 67% Damage Reduction.

It is also possible to get up to around +37% damage dealt.

This would be with 50% intimidation rate on normal mobs and only about 16% intimidation rate on NM's

Its been mentioned, but there are alot defensive layers that can be stacked here on bst.

Damage Reduction 50% is very easy for master to achieve now.

Malignance set. this is DT, Acc, STP, EVA, Meva all rolled together.

Shields: I tend to Prefer Adapa shield for the reprisal effect and higher block rate though Bulwark and Beatific are also great options.

The new defensive abilities from Zealous Snort and Crab ready moves have been recently mentioned.
Which means def + and stoneskin
OR Counter, and MDB 25

In this post I've added information for Killer Effects and Killer Instinct, which are situational, but more broadly than the killer effects of other jobs.

The Remaining Challenge for tanking is Enmity managment. We can make a pretty good Enmity+ set, BUT our native enmity tools are almost non-existent.

Bst is Almost completely Dependant upon Support jobs for Enmity.
Our native tools are pretty much Feral Howl and Charm. Feral Howl is unsuitable because it is a 5 min timer and charm unsuitable because it cannot be used while having a pet.

/blu is a great option with many AoE spells.
/run also an option but probably difficult to keep rotation up
Mp management is a challenge with either of these support jobs

/dnc and /nin are well worn paths, but only /dnc has some enmity tools with Waltz's and Animated Flourish.

I've even tried /brd but it was very cumbersome

I see more advantage to /whm or /sch than /pld honestly, but maybe I should revisit this.
[+]
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-01-11 13:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried out some testing with my gearswap and windowed macros and it works decent enough to get precast and midcast on ready moves,

So the basic concept is let gearswap handle everything but midcast and then let the windower macro handle the delay and midcast set. This will require you to remove the midcast set from gearswap.

Macro:
/console gs c Ready one <---Gearswap handles precast
/console exec bst/Tig/Trdy.txt

Windower Macro (bst/Tig/Trdy.txt):
wait .1 <----Macro controls delay
input /equipset 21 <----Macro controls Midcast (Blank Set in Gearswap), aftercast should kick in as normal on Gearswap.
input /echo :::: Bst Rdy Gear equipped ::::
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-11 13:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Beastmasters say, "SE! Please increase pet command range. Our abilities aren't going off"
SE says, "Ok, you can now share the buffs that your pet does."
"But we can't activate it because our commands don't go off!"
"Ok, here's some new pet food."
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-11 13:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Minions LS of Shiva is making a comeback!

We're doing some Lady Lilith fights pet style. 2 PUPs 1 SMN.

If anyone seeing this is on Shiva, come join us as it's just the 3 of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mml22ReFyQ0
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-11 16:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Re-started the stream now that we have a full party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyNiHH9luP4
By Pantafernando 2020-01-11 17:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck there.

Please do share the good runs. Personally i like pet strats, im more confortable with that as a multiboxer.

Would love a pet strat for lilith VD with adds and such. Dont feel like doing hundreds of runs for multiples accounts and malignance is like the best set in game for almost everything nowadays.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-11 17:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We just blew away Easy with 3 PUPs and COR support. MIGHT try Normal for lulz here in a little while.
 Asura.Chanter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chanter 2020-01-11 17:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i joined a pup merc ealier today. we were selling 2 spots and using SP to down this in 3 minutes with 3 pup 1 cor on VD
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-01-11 17:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Next week gonne enter my vacation, its in my todo list to work on my pups 1hr burn set, as its to play with those savage blade rng.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-11 17:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is a BST thread and we're mucking it up with PUP stuff. lmao.

Point was the Pet Job LS revival. I'll post in the PUP thread then, I suppose.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-11 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chanter said: »
i joined a pup merc ealier today. we were selling 2 spots and using SP to down this in 3 minutes with 3 pup 1 cor on VD

Are you just zerging her down?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-01-11 20:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserk + Rage + Guttler Onslaught Aftermath
That Defense though...

Sylph.Excalin said: »
I tried out some testing with my gearswap and windowed macros and it works decent enough to get precast and midcast on ready moves

Thanks for testing. Are you positive that you got your normal midcast damage? I tried this just now in a non-laggy zone and still was getting poor results.

It's supposed to be dealing 10137.

Can you tell me more about which zone you tested in, which move you used, and what the damage amounts are?
By Ozaii 2020-01-11 21:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370679

This is the set i am working towards. I am pretty sure melee on bst this will be optimal tp set. If you have aymur. Even without it will still be amazing with a blurred axe off hand and delich main simply due to acc and dt meva and such. The v feet are my personal choice over the malignance due to around 3 to 4 stp difference. However i am sure the malignance boots will do wonders too if you need the accuracy for something like dynamis.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-11 21:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

To add on to the gear set i just posted. Can simply swap in malignance boots and a d ring and you will be capping pdt without issue. While maintaining good damage and acc.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2020-01-11 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So they kinda messed up with zealous snort being a magic haste... The mob readies zealous snort... How is that a spell?

Regardless, there are some definite bonuses.
Aymur am3 can now be maintained while both master and pet dd.

With the +2 neck addition and other gears, very curious how a solo bst with Vickie pet and sweeping gouge performs. Given a +2 neck geo and rea brd in party as well. Also assuming max sets. The malig. gear seems to he a godsend. Dt and stp? Has mythic AM3 written all over it.

Edit: Im thinking from a pure DD perspective.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-11 22:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't have been such an issue being magical haste had it been a separate buff. Would have been cool being able to cap haste solo with just a RDM trust. But they managed to botch it in the worst possible way. Headscratcher...
By Ozaii 2020-01-11 22:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370682

This was put together with Aerix. For higher levels of content. This should give better results.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2020-01-11 23:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Wouldn't have been such an issue being magical haste had it been a separate buff. Would have been cool being able to cap haste solo with just a RDM trust. But they managed to botch it in the worst possible way. Headscratcher...

Ja haste wouldv'e been potential. Total haste caps at 80. Magic haste caps at 43.75 and equipment 25. So 68.75 total meaning the rest has to be made up with ja haste. Not only would 25 ja have capped total haste with a brd in party but we would also have been able to swap out some haste pieces for more stp or multiattack. I know dual wield is a thing but doesn't that hamper tp per hit?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-01-11 23:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I took my BST to Omen tonight and had consistent 15s charges. LOL thanks S-E.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-12 03:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
To add on to the gear set i just posted. Can simply swap in malignance boots and a d ring and you will be capping pdt without issue. While maintaining good damage and acc.

Two moonlight rings in place of chirich / d ring would probably be good too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-01-12 08:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix said:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that there is no delay between inputting the command and activation.

They omitted Wild Carrot / Rhino Guard / Fantod, but these abilities are all instant.

Does anyone know th3 exact values of vickies zealous snorts counter rate?

Tested on frogs, similar to what was done here, and got a little over 4000 samples for each test case:

Base CounterZealous Snort Counter
Counters5131608
Total Hits45244368
Counter Rate11.34%36.81%

The "Total Hits" row is a combination of successfully countered attacks, as well as regular hits.

Level 99 MNKs have the Counter II job trait (12%), which the first column is aligned with.
When you account for accuracy checks, the Zealous Snort Counter Rate is actually:
36.81 / 0.99 = 37.18%

Zealous Snort gives Counter+25, which matches the value of its Haste and MDB buffs.

shamgi said: »
I don't have exact numbers, but a quick test put it around 30-40%.

Yup! You nailed it.
[+]
By Mavrickx 2020-01-12 11:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »

That Defense though...

I tried out some testing with my gearswap and windowed macros and it works decent enough to get precast and midcast on ready moves

Thanks for testing. Are you positive that you got your normal midcast damage? I tried this just now in a non-laggy zone and still was getting poor results.

Can you tell me more about which zone you tested in, which move you used, and what the damage amounts are?

I Think this is a bug. If I do Rage > Berserk they will stack. But if I do Berserk > Rage, Rage will have no effect. Most likely there is no checks for War's Berserk activation.
[+]
By Ozaii 2020-01-12 11:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ya for sure man. They got acc and such. Probably better. Just know some peeps swear by the dring. Lol.
 Sylph.Excalin
Server: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-01-12 11:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That Defense though...

I did it with my tiger, figured out what damage I would do in my DT gear and what damage I would do in my Ready Midcast Gear before I attempted to establish a baseline. I then executed attacks using the macro and removing my midcast from the gearswap on mandies outside Audolin.

1174 Attack (DT Gear baseline) - Had Mythic and JSE axe, once gearswap was turned back on it would go back to DT axes but numbers were staggered enough that it was ok
3580 <---???

1269 Attack (Ready Set Baseline)

TEST (Gearswap on using the macro)
4653 <----???

Precast is unmodified from prior to patch. Mob was engaged and Ready Move was executed as quickly as possible to reduce TP gain.

Basline with Idle gear instead of pet DT gear (Pet DT axes this time):

TEST (Gearswap turned back on with macro):

Probably a better test to go from Idle gear to Midcast than he Pet DT gear. all Ready Moves are 10 seconds...because precast isn't an issue.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-12 13:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix said:
The following abilities of pets summoned with the job ability Call Beast have been adjusted so that there is no delay between inputting the command and activation.

They omitted Wild Carrot / Rhino Guard / Fantod, but these abilities are all instant.

Tested on frogs, similar to what was done here, and got a little over 4000 samples for each test case:

Counters5131608
Total Hits45244368
Counter Rate11.34%36.81%

The "Total Hits" row is a combination of successfully countered attacks, as well as regular hits.

Level 99 MNKs have the Counter II job trait (12%), which the first column is aligned with.
When you account for accuracy checks, the Zealous Snort Counter Rate is actually:
36.81 / 0.99 = 37.18%

Zealous Snort gives Counter+25, which matches the value of its Haste and MDB buffs.

Yup! You nailed it.

We need a 119 hippogryph pet. Does Fantod get put on the master?
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-01-12 18:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
SquareEnix said:

Counters5131608
Total Hits45244368
Counter Rate11.34%36.81%

36.81 / 0.99 = 37.18%

Yup! You nailed it.

We need a 119 hippogryph pet. Does Fantod get put on the master?

Nope.... because if you look at the update notes...

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-01-12 20:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Its pretty plain why Fantod and Rhino Guard got left out.

rhino gaurd is +25% Evasion. Unlike Secretion which is +25 Eva

I"m not exactly sure how high we can get evasion without this, but a 250 evasion bonus would be pretty broken. pretty much floor hit rate on anything you are fighting.

Fantod for Falcorr is a strait out damage x4 multiplier

So who can hit a 25k+ weaponskill?

Congrats you can now ALWAYS hit max damage weaponskills. That is also broken.
By Ozaii 2020-01-12 20:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We. Need fantod. All the fantod.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-12 20:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Its pretty plain why Fantod and Rhino Guard got left out.

rhino gaurd is +25% Evasion. Unlike Secretion which is +25 Eva

I"m not exactly sure how high we can get evasion without this, but a 250 evasion bonus would be pretty broken. pretty much floor hit rate on anything you are fighting.

Fantod for Falcorr is a strait out damage x4 multiplier

So who can hit a 25k+ weaponskill?

Congrats you can now ALWAYS hit max damage weaponskills. That is also broken.

But we are bst. We need it.
By Ozaii 2020-01-12 20:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a new griffon pet.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 175 176 177