Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-20 02:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

New pets! (lol)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-20 02:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait, even better:

new COSMETIC ONLY pets.

There, we fixed BST.

Signed: SquareEnix
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-20 03:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-12-20 05:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
The next version update is scheduled for early January 2020.

Enjoy the monthly updates to Ambuscade and job adjustments for beastmasters.

Nothing's been tracked as broken, so it's not "fixes". I think there is cause for at least some optimism?

.:edit:.
Also, you can thank me for this because I just mothballed all my BST gear.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-20 05:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, imagine a dev:

introduces new pets

None uses BST aside the people already using BST

Even those BSTs dont uses the new pets

Conclusion: utter failure, restart loop
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-12-20 05:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

in the pic it looks like run wild or bst SP so could be some dmg+ but we will have to wait and see
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-20 06:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New job trait: 10% chance to save a Jug when you use it.

THERE, WE FIXED BST DIDN'T WE?!

Signed: Square Enix.
[+]
By DononofSylph 2019-12-20 07:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New Job Trait: BST can now summon pets in town.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-20 07:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Charmers Merlin will now cause a strong DoT effect to the player using it.

Distance between player and pet will be further reduced while not under the effect of familiar.

Honestly it was the ridiculously low values of the ready timer that caused the problems. It's everything SMN is now, except BST's can do it definitely while SMN's are limited to 30s and need to burn SPs. That and BST pets are a helluva lot tougher then avatars.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-12-20 08:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We're getting a named sheep for a job enhancement.
By kishr 2019-12-20 08:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Using leaping lizzy boots gives a .005% chance of a double attack.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-20 10:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't blame you guys and your gloomy outlook for this coming update. SE has had a really smug attitude when players gripe about BST.

The only thing they could do to make BST useful outside of what everyone wants (to which they said no to) would be to increase Run Wild/Killer Instinct to something much much higher. Along with a very reduced recast timer. Like +50% parameter bonus across the board on Run Wild and KI +30% bonus effect. Gives both the pet and the master (and nearby party members) a huge boost and would make taking one comparable to bringing another DD along. Biggest problem is losing the pet and all those buffs, which brings them right back to being useless again. idk, it just sucks the way they have been approaching this.
By Felgarr 2019-12-20 10:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am cautiously optimistic....I hope the new JA they have in mind helps. (I honestly never use Run Wild anyway, if that happens to be the JA that gets updated/replaced/etc).
By clearlyamule 2019-12-20 11:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

New pet with a cover ability. There bsts you can hide behind your pet again while still meleeing
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-20 12:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Job ability to increase potency of pets debuff. (Making the job competitive support role)

Job ability to heal the pet (it honestly would still be a slap in the face)

Call beast revamped and no longer on a timer
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-12-20 13:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh? Another BST "adjustment"?

Could SE be any more cruel to BST than they already have been?
By Nariont 2019-12-20 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well pld was a suprise despite their advertising of it to sound pretty awful, so maybe theyll manage something, wouldnt get my hopes up though.
 Asura.Xanders
user: L0ki79
By Asura.Xanders 2019-12-20 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They are going to give BST a Behemoth pet, then limit it's ability to flame armor only.....
 Lakshmi.Leosin
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-20 13:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Amen Aeonova.

It's almost offensive given the issues w/ BST how much SE ignores the Marid in the room.
Here's to hoping they adjust their stance on BST, but i'm just expecting a mediocre JA at best. From the pic - kinda looks like the BST is absorbing a pets ready buffs?
Imagine how much more enjoyable the PLD update would have been if they would have listened to the player base and threw in Flashga instead of Banishga.
By Felgarr 2019-12-20 13:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
New pet with a cover ability. There bsts you can hide behind your pet again while still meleeing

Your ridiculous trolling aside, the issue is that the distance nerf limits job abilities from activating successfully. (There's a physics joke that you assume all horses are 3D spheres of uniform mass ....well, our distance is similarly measured, inconsistently from the "center" point of a monster's model). Regardless, you wouldn't play your WAR or BLU, if Berserk or Unbridled Learning intermittently activated successfully, due to no fault of your own.

TLDR; grow the *** up.
By clearlyamule 2019-12-20 14:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Your ridiculous trolling aside, the issue is that the distance nerf limits job abilities from activating successfully. (There's a physics joke that you assume all horses are 3D spheres of uniform mass ....well, our distance is similarly measured, inconsistently from the "center" point of a monster's model). Regardless, you wouldn't play your WAR or BLU, if Berserk or Unbridled Learning intermittently activated successfully, due to no fault of your own.

TLDR; grow the *** up.
I've been right there talking about these problems since the beginning and even filed some bug reports in the OF for SE to ignore. You also miss how the pet will just move out of range on it's own unlike those other jobs or how it still uses the ability up despite them going out of their way to fix that on smn around the same time

tl;dr learn to take a joke
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-20 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR; grow the *** up.

So everyone else made sarcastic remarks about their expectations about BST update, and you only went after him? Keep that same energy.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-20 14:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Delusional dream adjustments:

New job ability- allows master to absorb pet buffs/traits, 3 minute duration, 5 minute recast. This partially solves the BST low attack/multihit issues as a frontline DD or maybe lets us boost Primal Rend/Cloudsplitter with pets who have MAB Bonus (Acuex only?).

Job ability adjustment- either straight damage buff to Unleash (unlikely, more below!) or the addition of stat mods to Ready moves ala SMN bloodpacts.

I did ask on the official forum for both of the JA adjustments. I think they are scared of touching damage under Unleash, personally. We can already use Unleash alongside summoner's AFAC. Granted it takes a lot more investment, and more risk on certain NMs, but Unleash has twice the duration. If Sweeping Gouge did, say, 20% more damage under Unleash than it does now...

What I actually expect: nothing. They don't give a ***about beastmaster. I'll continue to play mine, because I love this job most out of all of the jobs in XI, but what we actually need is the Ready nerf dropped. That opens up all kinds of content for us, anywhere you currently use SMN you could easily slot in a BST.
By Jetackuu 2019-12-20 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

grow the *** up.
By clearlyamule 2019-12-20 14:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leosin said: »
Here's to hoping they adjust their stance on BST, but i'm just expecting a mediocre JA at best. From the pic - kinda looks like the BST is absorbing a pets ready buffs?
Actually didn't look at the pic closely but might be on to something. Though I'd say what if it's the other way around and the bst is sharing their buffs with the pet kind of like drgs can with empathied spirit link. Instead of running in to deal damage run in to refresh things like shell, stoneskin and haste and let the pet kill it with capped haste white damage!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-20 14:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a very interesting opinion about the picture.

If BST gets something like a Spirit Link effect which allows you to transfer buffs to your pet, that would be very very good, on top of their Run Wild + Killer Instinct traits. It doesn't really do much for the wyvern when DRG does it, as it's just a way to heal and level them up for wyvern bonuses. But BST pets could actually be pretty ridiculous if you could transfer/copy #allthebuffs. Means you wouldn't ever need to rely on Pet rolls in a standard group setup with COR, and you can skip pet gear augments in favor of Master BIS.
By fonewear 2019-12-20 14:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming bigger sheep with better sheep stuff !

Please look forward to it !
[+]
By Mavrickx 2019-12-20 14:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Inc chigoe and frog with cone hat....
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-20 15:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They'd never in a million years give us a caster pet.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-12-20 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Pet aura's with some unique buffs/debuffs.

Must have pet out for 5 mins for full effect. Raises call beast to 20 mins and shares a timer with beastial loyalty. Familiar gets 20% boost while lowering the effect to 1 min. Come on, what else could they *** us with?
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 175 176 177