Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 176 177 178
By Morihei 2023-01-04 09:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I've been reviewing my tp sets on bst partially in reflection of R30 Gleti's, but also for dual wield.

I think it makes alot of sense to use a dual wield Artio's mantle for bst/dnc tp set especially. Really could use it for /dnc or /nin.

ItemSet 389127

Artio's with DW +9

With Triple attack 5% on the legs and DA 10 on the Body, the Gleti set matches the tp building potential of Malignance pieces in those slots. Counting the Regain, it should surpass it. However, there is a nice boost to attack and Subtle Blow 15 in legs slot is very welcome as well.

I consider swapping in the Hands also, but they are 4 store tp less than Malignance.

Defensively Gleti set is better in some ways and worse than others compared to Malignance. So situational, but the added attack, pdl, crit rate and multi-attack should be a significant improvement to white damage on bst. It also gives some pet bonuses which Malignance has none.

The R30 path is arduous, but its a noticeable upgrade as well.

The headpiece with counter and regen is very welcome to the counter build (bringing easy counter rate up to 70 and regen up to 19 in counter set).

The r30 upgrade actually makes this 2/5 ~ 3/5 of a really great tp set.

I really appreciate EVERYONE'S input here. I need it. I hadn't even considered DW Artio's for tp. I really like /dnc, too, especially since I'm hoping to hit that ML30 mark! That SC bonus will be nice with the Doli - Sweep - Doli - Doli chains, if I can actually reach that last one consistently.

I had questions about Ullr. I like ranged attack, and it has such chonky STR / DEX. Do Coiste and Ushasha help WS damage THAT much? Or can I use Ullr just because I want to?
By SimonSes 2023-01-04 09:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
I had questions about Ullr. I like ranged attack, and it has such chonky STR / DEX. Do Coiste and Ushasha help WS damage THAT much? Or can I use Ullr just because I want to?

Its not only WS but also TP, You cant use Ullr just for WS.
[+]
By Morihei 2023-01-04 12:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another dumb question. I don't see Gleti legs anywhere in the pet ready sets. Do we not need ready -5 anymore? We don't need those legs for anything?
By Nariont 2023-01-04 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You still need 1 piece of ready recast equipment to floor the recast, so yes gleti's are the ideal swap
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-05 06:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another dumb question. I don't see Gleti legs anywhere in the pet ready sets. Do we not need ready -5 anymore? We don't need those legs for anything?

Gleti Legs would be used the the ready precast set. you can actually swap it during midcast to the noted ready sets.
Just like you would with magical nuking with a fast cast set and a nuking set.
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-01-06 02:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the content where you guys feel like you need to wear the malignane set?
Cause im currently building a tp set without ny malig. piece just for fun, but im honestly curious about where you guys use full or 4/5 malig. while building tp
By Morihei 2023-01-09 11:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
What is the content where you guys feel like you need to wear the malignane set?
Cause im currently building a tp set without ny malig. piece just for fun, but im honestly curious about where you guys use full or 4/5 malig. while building tp

I use Gleti Hands / Head. I have a WS + 7hit setup. I also just got Agwu's Axe, so I'm playing with how that changes things. But I think it lets me use the Sortie Earring and JSE Neck.

Edit: I use Gleti Hands mostly because I never got them from HER. I don't know how that would change my answer, though.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-09 15:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The content where defense matters most for tp set is of course the newest content: Odyssey and Sortie. It also matters on higher waves of Divergence.

Frankly the tp building is so good on Malignance, or well augmented Gleti, Mpaca, etc.. that you can self skillchain with it. so, why have a faster tp building set for weaker mobs anyway?
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-01-10 03:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
The content where defense matters most for tp set is of course the newest content: Odyssey and Sortie. It also matters on higher waves of Divergence.

Frankly the tp building is so good on Malignance, or well augmented Gleti, Mpaca, etc.. that you can self skillchain with it. so, why have a faster tp building set for weaker mobs anyway?

For exping i guess.
Or ambuscade, or probably just for fun
The reasons why im asking are basically 3
1) a friend crafted the full set of argosy +1
2) im sick of farming HER
3) Gleti is not my priority

So i was looking at something like this

ItemSet 389386

Obviously argosy path D
I have malig body (my only piece haha) but i kind of dislike it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-01-10 03:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
given your criteria argosy is probably ok, but on anything current and remotely difficult, zero defensive stats on it really hurts. would not recommend
Oh yeah, i wouldnt recommend either!
I'd love to augment my gleti set but atm my proprity is on agwu for my nuking set and nyame, so it will take months before getting to gleti

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-10 06:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL ARGOSY!!

Not laughing at you, just surprised its resurfacing!

I had all the argosy and a few years ago I was strongly converted AWAY from it!

I would NEVER TP in argosy. Sure, I can think of situation where is no problem: you have a tank and trash mobs that do NOT aoe. You are better off getting Sailfi belt and using Tali'ah and Meghanada gear for tp.

but do I want to maintain a set just for that? I wasn't using it for TP though, i was using it for Weaponskills. and I cannot tell you the number of times I would DIE when doing a weaponskill.

Argosy is a TRAP. and its outclassed by alot now. Between the high WSD on so many pieces (even w/out augmented Nyame) the only slot it would compete in is the leg slot, but PDL on Gleti's legs will still outperform Argosy.
yes, the TP building potential of Gleti's legs, Malignance Legs, and Argosy +1 legs are the same.. until you consider Accuracy and Survivability, because you don't build tp while dead or whiffing. I wouldn't even use it on apex mob cp farming.

/rant

I've been down the argosy path. it was a painful learning experience.
By Morihei 2023-01-10 09:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Minaras84 said: »
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
given your criteria argosy is probably ok, but on anything current and remotely difficult, zero defensive stats on it really hurts. would not recommend
Oh yeah, i wouldnt recommend either!
I'd love to augment my gleti set but atm my proprity is on agwu for my nuking set and nyame, so it will take months before getting to gleti

For reference, none of my Odyssey gear is augmented yet. I would definitely keep the Argosy+1 on a mannequin, or in a glass case somewhere (Max gil in your Bazaar?). But I'd echo everyone else's advice against using it on the battlefield.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-13 15:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to test if my Lua is working correctly with the gear swap for when the pet readies a move.
I want to make sure the midcast set stays equipped until the pet has readied his move and not any sooner.
Had an issue with SMN for the longest time where it was returning to my Idle/Engaged gear before the Avatar completed its BP, so I want to make sure I don't currently have this issue in my BST lua.

Can anybody suggest a target and a pet/readymove to use to make this test?
Maybe a Ready move with a pretty reliable damage so that I can lock sets, do some tests and easily find out from the damage difference if the Lua is working correctly or not.

Thanks!
By Nariont 2023-01-13 16:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

could do a healing one like wild carrot which would ensure that you're seeing the tp bonus swaps go through and keeps numbers fairly consistent, since if the tp bonus swaps are working then everything else should yeah? Other option is just a general nuke as the difference between a naked one and a mab loaded one would be pretty hard to mistake
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-13 16:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs showswaps
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-13 16:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
//gs showswaps
No that's not helpful.
The problem I had on my SMN lua was different. Gearsets were correctly swapping in the right order, but with bad timing.

Allow me to make an example

1) Swap to BP Delay- set
2) Swap to BP Midcast set
3) Swap to aftercast set

The order was correct but step 3 was, sometimes, happening before the BP was completed with the result that the BP would end up being calculated in my aftercast and not my BP midcast set.

I want to check if this happens in my BST lua as well, so I was looking for some reliable target and Pet ready moves to check an immediately noticeable difference.
On SMN I used Diabolos nethersomething.

@Nariont
That reminds me I still have to complete my Pet magic damage set :-(
Is it still worth to get Acro Head/Legs/Feet in place of the despicable three valorous pieces suggested in Falk's guide?
I have the 3 acro pieces already (unagumented) and a plethora -orb+1 stones, whereas farming Valorous could prove annoying, especially the Kist. Plus the degree of control you get on the augments is so small that it's frankly quite irritating.
By Nariont 2023-01-13 17:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant remember what acro is used for anymore beyond call beast recast, biggest gain on it is that unlike valorous you can get both macc/mab. As to farming valorous it shouldnt be much of an issue anymore, a blu/run or rdm can make quick work of him iirc, just need to stack meva which malig covered pretty well
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-13 17:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No I think you must be thinking about something else. Pet Macc and Pet Mab share the same slot (Snoworb) so it's either one or another.
Also Valorous caps at Mab30 whereas Acro caps at 25.
But yeah with Acro I could gain invspace by using the same pieces for Call Beast delay- too!

I dunno, it's clearly not BiS but difference looks small enough to justify the amount of money, time and inventory I would save!
Unless I'm missing something very important?
By Nariont 2023-01-13 17:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, so it does, my bad. Then yeah if you just wanted to save space that's certainly an option
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-13 20:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

pet magic set is an easy one to see if the timing of your lua is right or not.
Valorous is very noticeably better than Acro for pet mab and its really not that hard to get good pet mab augments on valorous. Doesn't take that long. but hey if you think they are dispicable to get.. you can just suck instead.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-14 06:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more about the fact that I already had Acro and plenty of stones.
So now I have 3x Acro with Call Delay-15, Pet DT-12 and Pet mab +73.
Didn't take me much time at all and I didn't have to spend a single penny.

What's even best all of this is taking me only 3 inventory space rather than 6.
I find it a pretty good compromise.

If I tried to get Valorous right now I would still be afk with MAGA hoping to get decent augs.
All that work and gil for a maximum potential difference of 16 mab.
Emphasis on "potential" because getting +30 an all 3 pieces is all but guaranteed, right now I could have less total mab than what I got on Acro!
It doesn't really seem to me like it "sucks". It's the next best option after the first, it would be quite a stretch to say it sucks.

Anyway, not gonna try to convince anybody but I'm personally quite satisfied!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-15 06:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that makes perfect sense, but for those situations I can just use my petmacc set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-01-15 07:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Your reasoning is sound of course. just didn't know why valorous was 'despicable'.

The 'spell maps' for ready moves are in Falkirk's Lua.

actually he has tables in the guides main page as well.

I use pet Macc only on things that the Macc is more important (purulent ooze). I rather enjoy bursting acid mist or corrosive ooze on Demisang Deliterious. Makes the fight alot more stable, and that pet mab set has a really good improvement to the damage.
[+]
By Morihei 2023-01-17 10:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Squeenix hate BST/WAR? Do you use it for anything? Since everything has a timer, it feels like we just need to be DDemons.

Edit: Also Agwu's Axe exists. I just wish instead of a BST-exclusive axe, they'd give us a great BST-exclusive shield or Scythe. C'mon Squeenix! Let's mix things up!
By Nariont 2023-01-17 10:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Squeenix hate BST/WAR? Do you use it for anything? Since everything has a timer, it feels like we just need to be DDemons.

Not sure what you mean, besides DA you can get just about everything war offers natively on the offensive side, if you mean single wield dmg, well that's the intention you give up some DPS for use of a shield, granted shield variety is pretty trash for BST. IF you want single wield to keep up up you need a dancer along with you basically.

as to being "DDemons", the idea is just that BST's DPS potential is supposed to be supplemented by pets actions, this only really happens for a set amount of time but after that gear creep will outpace whatever the pet can do to the point its just some kind of support bot, luckily bst has some strong debuffs to fall back on.

This is why drg is the best DPS pet job, pet solely exists to buff the master and it does that very very well.
By Morihei 2023-01-18 12:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm back! Sorry.

I've heard that in later MLs, Ultimate Weps pass ambu weps, especially Emp Weps. Is that true? Is Farsha a thing?
By Nariont 2023-01-18 12:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MLs dont really have anything to do with it. BSTs best weapons remain the same as discussed a few pages ago, ikenga's axe got shot up the ladder now that it got TP bonus slapped on it
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 176 177 178