Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 175 176 177
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-09 10:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I played it last night in a Sheol A run (so I had significantly less accuracy issues), and I still only parsed a .1% over the COR, and it was still under 20% damage overall

But using what Naegling/Fernagu? Using empy+2 body? Doing just Ready or sending pet at every mob?

I hopped between Naegling + Dolichenus/KC. I don't have empy+2 body yet. Initially, I was using Ooze on groups, but then i realized I wasn't getting the Tandem Strike bonus, so I started using Fight on every monster, which definitely slows you down. Maybe it wasn't necessary and my acc was just fine without it. I probably wasn't playing it optimally, and it was Sheol A after all so I should make adjustments for that zone. Ideally, I should just ignore the pet for the first 3 floors, or use Rage from Sheep and only use Ooze higher up, since I probably can hit attack cap just fine. We don't use a tank for Sheol A, so doing Ooze can mess up the flow of the puller/sleeping the 2-3 groups we often encounter at once.

What is the optimal TP range to Savage without TPB OH? I was firing off at around 1600 but I felt the numbers were kind of low, so perhaps I need to hold TP a little longer to one shot.
By SimonSes 2022-09-09 11:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea whats optimal threshold for A, but generally optimal is 1750+. Also you need to remember that when you gonna use Decimation, you will be lower on parse even if you kill as fast as with Naegling or faster, because 2nd Decimation will have lower damage, since it will only do as much hits as needed to kill the mob.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
Server: Carbuncle
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2022-09-09 13:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

in all curiousness...

we can do fusion to light and MB with the lizard, is there a darkness way we can do that too ?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-09-09 13:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
If you're not running K-club or Aymur you'll need to start swapping out more malignance pieces for Multi attack.

Is this true of Doli/Decimation, since TP overflow does nothing? I'd rather hit 1k TP reliably IMO for that combo. Now Savage Blade or Mistral Axe setups yes, you benefit from TP overflow so multi-hit/balanced sets make sense.

Carbuncle.Kyawind said: »
in all curiousness...

we can do fusion to light and MB with the lizard, is there a darkness way we can do that too ?

Ruinator > Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter should be double darkness, could burst with acuex and Pestilent Plume.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-09 13:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
But Sakpata's would have been the gamechanger. Snubbed yet again!!!

I agree that Sakpata for BST would have been great. But... I can kinda see leaving BST off, if only because BST was already on Malignance, while the Sakpata jobs just had Hjarrandi Head/Body for their more modern DT/hybrid sets.

It's true that I would have preferred Sakpata's DA+ to Gleti's Crit rate/Regain, but eh, I can live with that. Aside from that:
1) Both sets have identical Acc/Atk
2) Gleti's has significantly more DEX (DEX+133 for 5/5 Gleti, versus DEX+100 for 5/5 Sakpata), and both sets have similar STR (STR+169 for 5/5 Gleti, STR+176 for 5/5 Sakpata)
3) Gleti's has PDL+1% more per piece than Sakpata
4) DT- versus PDT- isn't that big of a deal, IMO, considering you can still cap PDT- easily enough, and (with Shell V MDT-29%) you can use a handful of DT- pieces to cap MDT- if the situation calls for it (e.g., JSE back and Moonlight Ring, both of which I use in my default TP sets anyway, and swap in a Malignance piece or two as needed). 1% less xDT- per piece is a bigger deal than DT versus PDT to me since it might mean needing 1 more piece to cap, but hardly a gamebreaker.

I'm not even counting the pet stats, since those could have just as easily been slapped onto Sakpata instead of Gleti's. Or also keep 'em on Gleti for DRG (or cue DRG also saying GIMME SAKPATA TOO lol).

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
also onslaught > onslaught is dark, and you can also do onslaught > tegmina buffet > onslaught for double dark

I use this frequently with Guttler, and sometimes switch to Guttler specifically due to the good darkness SCs with Onslaught. The same 3-step "self" double darkness SC with pet also works with Tulfaire, with Pentapeck replacing Tegmina. Pentapeck needing 3 ready charges versus Tegmina's 2 is a consideration, but on the other hand, sometimes single target Pentapeck is safer than Tegmina's AoE.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By phunky 2022-09-09 15:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »

Is this true of Doli/Decimation, since TP overflow does nothing? I'd rather hit 1k TP reliably IMO for that combo. Now Savage Blade or Mistral Axe setups yes, you benefit from TP overflow so multi-hit/balanced sets make sense.

Depends on your offhand. Crepusucular or blurred I'd still run majority malignance but something like Agwu's or Ikenga I'd start subbing out some pieces.

yeah guttler is great for exemplar soloing. 20-25k onslaughts with 25-40k darkness beats most other options easily.

I like guttler in a few situations with k-club. Ruinator > Onslaught > Onslaught is nice. Especially with the WS and SC bonus from Nyame.

It falls behind other options though. If we're talking solo EP with the appropriate pets it's competing against 65k savage blades with 99k lights, 55k primal rends with 80k gravitations or decimation does anywhere from 30k to 70k

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-09 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

phunky said: »
It falls behind other options though. If we're talking solo EP with the appropriate pets it's competing against 65k savage blades with 99k lights

Interested in more context here. Swooping Frenzy > Savage is the only master+pet light SC I can think of with sword (mine certainly aren't hitting those numbers for solo EP though). That's aside from multisteps that also require the use of kinda bad WS, so likely aren't ever worthwhile (for example, Burning Blade > a few ready move options > Savage for a 3-step light).

Any other specific SCs you're referring to?

corrosive ooze + killer instinct is nuts

For EP farming, that kinda seems like the best approach to me. Anyone find it worthwhile to go after other targets with Killer Instinct? Like, pull out a lizard for Crawler's Nest[S] camps?

I used to do Tulfaire in Doh Gates, which worked pretty well for Bird versus Aquan (and could make use of the aforementioned self double darkness with Guttler). But at this stage in the game, I would imagine it's hard to beat being able to use Ooze AND get monster correlation bonus on the same Apex/Locus mobs.
By phunky 2022-09-09 19:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is in Dho Gates. Killer Instinct up with merits into it.

Trusts: Silvie, KoH, Qultada, Monb, Cornelia.
Naegling offhand K-club.
Swooping > Savage Blade

Trusts: Star sybil, KoH, Arciela, monb, cornelia.
Aymur R15 offhand k-club
Swooping Frenzy > Primal Rend

Trusts: Silvie, KoH, Qultada, Monb, Cornelia.
Doli offhand k-club
Swooping > Smash axe > decimation

If mobs have enough HP, my skillchains are:
Swooping > Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter > Ruinator > Primal Rend
Swooping > Primal Rend > Cloudsplitter > Mistral

Doli
Swooping > Smash Axe > Decimation > Decimation

EDIT:

Quote:
For EP farming, that kinda seems like the best approach to me. Anyone find it worthwhile to go after other targets with Killer Instinct? Like, pull out a lizard for Crawler's Nest[S] camps?

The trick is to double dip into Defense Down and Killer instinct. So for crawlers nest you can use the Genbu Pet for 25% def down and KI. Outer Raz bats you can use slug and corrosive ooze. The Apex Twitherym in outer raz you can use use the Genbu pet also as they're vermin. Rhinowrecker vs the mandys in Sih Gates. Venom shower vs the leeches in Sih Gates. And everyone knows about Raaz pet in moh gates.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2022-09-09 21:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This last post reminds me. Somewhat recently I started getting into Bst a month ago, and I was wondering a bit about Crude Raphie. I thought he was included in the guide when I would look through it before (when I wasn't playing Bst), but it seems he's no longer there. I was wondering what kind of information is on him in regard to native defenses/base stats/skillchain props etc.

Even though he unfortunately can't hit lvl cap like our other pets, which is why he perhaps isn't in the guide, there still seems to be some interesting utility to him despite this.

Are there other unmentioned pets that may have utility to be aware of?
By phunky 2022-09-09 22:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Crude Raphie is in the lvl 114 pet node. It's hard to find but it's in there in the bestiary.

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/317

The only pets worth considering from that generation is Fatso Fargann for TP denial, Crude Raphie for vermin stomping and possibly presto Julio for Soporific. The other pets have gotten newer versions since.

One thing I use to do with Crude Raphie was
Tortoise stomp > Calamity > Tortoise stomp > calamity > Tortoise stomp > Calamity. This was pre odyssey so wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty strong option now with nyame.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2022-09-09 22:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect, thank you so much!!
By shamgi 2022-09-10 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Light with Rhinowrecker > Savage Blade in the nest is great, because you get the def down and a decent hitting ready move(I average around 10-12k with it) as well on Fungars. Even solo I'm doing around 40k Savages, so with even modest player buffs I bet I could do more.

Bonus points for a camp you don't have to fight basically anyone for in comparison.
By Felgarr 2022-09-10 22:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
This last post reminds me. Somewhat recently I started getting into Bst a month ago, and I was wondering a bit about Crude Raphie. I thought he was included in the guide when I would look through it before (when I wasn't playing Bst), but it seems he's no longer there. I was wondering what kind of information is on him in regard to native defenses/base stats/skillchain props etc.

Even though he unfortunately can't hit lvl cap like our other pets, which is why he perhaps isn't in the guide, there still seems to be some interesting utility to him despite this.

Are there other unmentioned pets that may have utility to be aware of?

The post below probably deserves an update, since Beastmasters have gotten +2 Pet Levels since it was written. So subtract 1 from the Beast Affinity Merits column (if you have Gleti's Boots and any Nukumi Earring). Beast Healer must be a typo?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58081-Get-rid-of-Beast-Affinity-Beast-Healer-please%21?p=635455&viewfull=1#post635455

It's a shame. If SE made these 11 pets attainable as 119 via a jug item, they could get rid of Beast Affinity altogether. They could create a something like a JA (pet diffusion?), or something much more potent and strategic to their vision of Beastmaster as a front-line DD.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-12 20:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for the OP lua, how can you use a jug manually? I cant get it to stop defaulting to what is toggled.
By phunky 2022-09-13 03:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs disable ammo

and

//gs enable ammo
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-09-13 10:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
for the OP lua, how can you use a jug manually? I cant get it to stop defaulting to what is toggled.

I just changed it to default to no specified jug:
Code
state.JugMode = M{['description']='Jug Mode', 'None', 'Lyrical Broth', etc

Alternatively you could just remove all of the jugs in there, I think it was intended to be a personal preference thing.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-13 12:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies. I was trying to avoid having to manually disable that slott, as sometimes you need it faster than I can type and such. Would be tedious to do it that way.

Also adding none allows for HQ jugs to be consumed... tested it today opps! I like the functionality of setting the jugs so I want to keep that, but have an option to manually equip one and use also without the worry of consuming a HQ.
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-09-13 13:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Could just add more jugs to the list. Mine has grown quite large and I've made macros to cycle or pick a jug.

Post deleted by User.
By Veydal1 2022-09-13 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If using the lua in the OP (not the basic one) try cycling through the list of Jugs defined in the lua by using ALT+F8.
 Asura.Lycus
user: Sacia
By Asura.Lycus 2022-09-13 17:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to post something like this here (if I need to make my own thread I will) but after searching and searching for a BST lua that I liked I finally decided to write my own and I wanted to share it.

github link

It's based on the Motes/Kinematics luas but is HEAVILY modified with lots of ideas borrowed from here and there (particularly the PUP lua written by Arrchie).

It has lots of features including jug cycling, but my version will only cycle through jugs in your inventory/wardrobes to make selecting the jug you want easier.

I won't claim that it's bug-free, as I'm still testing it myself, but so far I haven't had any issues. I'd love some feedback!
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-13 19:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

looks cool I will give it a try, error line 667 for your haste samba though still :D

I would also include the leech though I know its not 119 its a very important pet for current content.
 Asura.Lycus
By Asura.Lycus 2022-09-13 19:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops! Added Fatso Fargann (I assume that's the one you were talking about), and removed the ninja haste samba sets (since you can't get the haste samba buff while /NIN anyways.

I'm still learning BST so I only included the 99+ jugs in the pets library, but I may as well go ahead and add a few of the other jugs just to be safe. Thanks!
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-09-13 19:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You did a great job so far it looks very promising. I cannot think of other non 119 jugs that are used often so mr fat will probasbly be it but others could chime in im sure. I would also consider adding logic for not using HQ jugs with call beast, unless I accidently passed by that.

As for the whole haste part, Check out a few of the nin lua out there. I have seen some very advanced checks that would not only cut down the number of sets you have, but also reduce your involvement in hitting so many toggles to figure them out correctly. It would not be hard since you already check each party member to do the same and see if one is a rdm (then assumes haste2 and not haste1).
[+]
 Asura.Lycus
By Asura.Lycus 2022-09-13 19:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm that's a good point I'll have to work on implementing that. I hadn't thought to check party member's jobs. I'll still probably leave the haste toggle available but might take it off the HUD to reduce confusion.

For now I've updated the pets lib with all of the 76-96 jug info, just in case!

Thanks so much!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2022-09-13 20:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should make your own thread for it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 175 176 177