Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-08 18:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
NQ Hippo is also th3

I think SE made an oopsie. Nobody tell them, or Draylo.

Meh it's still lower than master's TH4. While it's more efficient to tag everything with a pet in an aoe pull, it's really no different than a 'tag' from the master. (or even a diaga)
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-08 21:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Also, it isnt 1.43 hits. That is doing it wrong. You probably did 1.5 * .95 instead of 1 + (.5*.95) to get 1.475 hits. which is closer to accuracte. You would actually just take .025 out of your offhand hit. But either way would work.

All of you wrote before that is totally correct and I had an morning brainfart with those +1 attacks in round.

Now to explain this 0.43 It was obviously just based on my brainfart that 6hits on KC makes following attack useless, which is obviously wrong, so I took chances for 6-8 hits, when I should only take chances for 7-8 hits of course and that would be +0.475 like you wrote.

Note to myself, dont try to calculate between breakfast and morning toilet :)
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-08-08 21:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Note to myself, dont try to calculate between breakfast and morning toilet :)
No worries.

That morning turd must do wonders for you lol.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bixbite 2020-08-08 21:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So for a Pangu+Kclub Mistral Axe/Calamity build.
Which is better? Pangu A or Pangu B
By Spaitin 2020-08-08 21:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
So for a Pangu+Kclub Mistral Axe build.
Which is better? Pangu A or Pangu B
Path B
By SimonSes 2020-08-09 02:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I would really like to know amount of SB from trait and if its SBII or regular SB. I wont be able to normally play till next weekend tho. I hope someone make some test before then :)
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-09 03:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got out of another Dynamis-Windurst Divergence run up to Wave 3 and I was using Daring Roland the whole time. Jettatura landed without fail on all W1 targets (Regular and NM), W2 targets (Regular and NM) and all Regular targets on W3. It did not land on the W2 Boss or the NMs on W3, which leads me to believe it flat-out will not land on targets of a certain level.

Duration was between 15-20 seconds.

Overall I'm very impressed with it but the main problem is that the targets need to be looking at the Hippogryph for Jettatura to work. If hate is loose like it can be in Dynamis it's really hit-and-miss.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-09 03:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We did an Aeonic run today through Zi'tah and yea, miss seems to just indicate full immunity.

If it landed, full duration, but about 60% of the mobs were just flat immune, which I assume more and more things will just have that immunity as one climbs up in terms of difficulty.

But the larger hurdle is just making sure they're in the front to see, which as noted can be difficult.

Still, if you get it figured out it seems great. The very least of it's capabilities is to stop PLDs and THFs from popping off and slowing down the kill speed, especially in Windurst/Sandy where eye color can prevent magic damage from being wholly effective.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-09 07:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Jettatura duration info is appreciated, since it can't be stolen with Absorbing Shield...

Hoof Volley supposedly has "Damage varies with TP", but from testing it seems to always be the same as max TP Razor Fang (~20.7k average). Does it hit multiple times, or have any other noticeable effects?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-09 09:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Tandem blow data

bst/drg (no double attack, no subtle blow)
pet: Herald Hentry (pld job no da, no subltle blow)

weapon: level 90 Farsha
brenner

tp give per hit from solo master: 24
tp given per hit from solo pet: 14

tp per hit from tandem blow:
20 from master
11 from pet

I don't know if its sb1 or sb2
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-09 10:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So what 15 subtle blow for master and pet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-09 11:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yes 15% subtle blow.

I will need to make a 50+ subtle blow set to tell if its subtle blow I or subtle blow II. I don't have a path b pangu, so easy route is out.

so the 3 tiers of tandem blow are probably just like the first 3 tiers of subtle blow(5, 10, 15), but they only apply while pet and master engaged to same target.

Though I suppose we also should check if they stack with normal subtle blow, since we often have subtle blow 2 or 3 from /dnc or /nin.

I hope/expect that they should stack.
[+]
By Nariont 2020-08-09 12:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

theyre under different names so id imagine so. Though like the acc theyre nice increases but probably should have been a bit higher on the pets side,
By SimonSes 2020-08-09 12:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So thats capped SB for KC setup with 2x chirich and dignitary earring. Nice :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-09 12:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk type pets will already have 35 subtle blow, so tandem blow will take them up to 50.

so maybe gelai earring and isa belt are enough to test with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-09 14:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk, is it possible there was Treasure Hunter coming from another source when you tested the new Hippogryphs? Or something changed since then? I only got level 1 Treasure Hunter when I tried them out.

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-09 16:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Xilk, is it possible there was Treasure Hunter coming from another source when you tested the new Hippogryphs? Or something changed since then? I only got level 1 Treasure Hunter when I tried them out.

actually it looks like my understanding of the indicators was incorrect. Although I've used vw in the past to check. and I've verified th1 only for after the nerf.

However, I was using the red and blue light indicators showoing 403% instead of 400% as an indicator. I was fairly sure my prefious testing only had 401% when showing.

However, I just repeated it with only master equipment at 1% instead of 4% and it still shows 403.

So I apologize for the misinformation.

it appears tat th3 will show 410%.

I have not been doing any other objectives, and campaign, so they are traditionally 'capped' anyway.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-09 18:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The Beetles:

NameHurler Percival
Jugjug of pale sap
Natural Cap116
Attack Adj.+20%
Defense Adj.-
SpeciesBeetle
EcosystemVermin
JobPLD
TP/hit95
Damage TypeSlashing

iLvl 119 Stats:
Max HP4988
Accuracy863
Attack909
Evasion690
Defense1029
NameY. Beetle FamiliarEnergized Sefina (HQ)
JugZestful SapGassy Sap
Natural Cap119119
Attack Adj.+10%+20%
Defense Adj.+30%+40%
SpeciesYellow Beetle
EcosystemVermin
JobWAR
TP/hit95
Damage TypeSlashing

iLvl 119 Stats:
Max HP55085702
Accuracy899899
Attack873954
Evasion701701
Defense12511349

Yellow Horned Beetles:
Ready MoveCharge CostDescriptionDamage TypeSkillchain Properties
Rhinowrecker2Deals physical damage to enemies within a fan-shaped area in front of pet. Additional effect: Decreases defense (DEF-25% for 60sec). Damage varies with TP.
Fusion

Transfixion

As Ruaumoko stated, the Defense Down effect lasts for 1 minute.

HURLER PERCIVAL:
Ready MoveCharge
Cost
1040 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Power Attack1876387638763Critical Hit Rate varies with TP
Rhino Attack187631793320718-

Y.BEETLE FAMILIAR/ENERGIZED SEFINA:
Ready MoveCharge
Cost
1540 TP 2000 TP 3000 TP Notes
Power Attack1876387638763Critical Hit Rate varies with TP
Power Attack (Crit)1946494649464Crit. Hit Damage+8% from WAR secondary job
Rhino Attack1137101793320718-
Rhinowrecker2201852646230722Conal AoE, Additional Effect: DEF-25%

Rhinowrecker is approximately 50% stronger than Rhino Attack, but costs 2 charges.

As far as our piercing options go, it's competitive with Pentapeck (which is 3 charges
and requires 2 double attack procs to pull ahead).
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-09 19:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was playing with Hippogryph on Belphegor in Reisenjima. I'm getting drastically different damage with Fantod. The description makes it seem like duration is only affected but it feels like damage of the next hit is.

Fantod comparison pic (I don't know how to image import properly lol)

No TP Bonus axes, I did have TP hands on though. Skullrender/Arktoi. No Run Wild either. First damage was pet freshly engaged. Used a Fantod and Heel macro. Then after cooldown used Fight and Back Heel macro. Second damage I let the pet get some TP, around 2k before Fantod and Heel. Then same thing with Fight and Back Heel.

Nothing else changed, same fight. Repeated it again on a normal mob. Same thing happened. Fantod to me seems like the damage amps up with TP, not just duration.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-09 20:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
Fantod to me seems like the damage amps up with TP, not just duration.

Interesting! Can you try a more controlled test where you know attack is capped? That Hoof Volley looks like regular damage (as if Fantod wore off). I don't think anyone has quantified the relationship between TP and duration for Fantod.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-08-09 20:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Just got out of another Dynamis-Windurst Divergence run up to Wave 3 and I was using Daring Roland the whole time. Jettatura landed without fail on all W1 targets (Regular and NM), W2 targets (Regular and NM) and all Regular targets on W3. It did not land on the W2 Boss or the NMs on W3, which leads me to believe it flat-out will not land on targets of a certain level.

Duration was between 15-20 seconds.

Overall I'm very impressed with it but the main problem is that the targets need to be looking at the Hippogryph for Jettatura to work. If hate is loose like it can be in Dynamis it's really hit-and-miss.

So in essence, Jettatura would be extremely useful for the more dangerous NIN type mobs in Dynamis. I was hoping the increase to Mag. Accuracy would be significant enough to make abilities based on Mag. Accuracy more relevant. Seeing this post gives me hope that BST can finally see some more use in current endgame content.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-09 20:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fantod at 1040 TP lasts for 20 seconds:

Fantod at 2000 TP lasts for 35 seconds:

And Fantod at 3000 TP lasts for 1 minute 10 seconds:
[+]
By kasnuaku 2020-08-09 21:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Took Beast master in the tank party for dynamis wave 3, and for the first time everyone noticed the Genours Arthur P.ooze. Maybe I didn't have enough pet magic accuracy before update to land it(never noticed the drop), but it sure did land this time. Played with the Hipster Gryph was fun to terror the wave 2 NMs, and sometimes a whole statues worth of stuff for 14 seconds or so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-08-09 21:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Interesting! Can you try a more controlled test where you know attack is capped? That Hoof Volley looks like regular damage (as if Fantod wore off). I don't think anyone has quantified the relationship between TP and duration for Fantod.

Yep! That's what it was. That's a crappy duration. I went to East Ron and tried it with and without Empy hands. The TP bonus is just enough to pull it off but impossible without any TP. Thanks for the clarification.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-11 00:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm brand new to modern BST - before this past week, the last time I put any time at all into the job, Charm was still significant. But I've been interested in messing around with BST lately, and the update motivated me jump in (not to mention FFXI was just begging me to do it when I got a shiny weapon from AMAN Trove the day of the update to finally upgrade Kaja>Dolichenus). I have near/at BiS sets for TP/Decimation from other jobs, and at least already had any relevant BST PUP shared gear for pet-focused stuff (I've been a serious PUP for ages).

Falkirk's guide is a phenomenal resource, but a few questions to help me focus with all that information:

1) What pets are worth the inventory space, for what practical uses? I grabbed all of the new HQ pets to mess around with them, plus:
- Generous Arthur - for Ooze, of course (seems like the default for party play, right?)
- Bouncing Bertha - for AoE physical DD, but please let me know if there's anything better these days?
- Blackbeard Randy - is he still worth using for physical DD, or has he been eclipsed?

2) What's the default choice for affordable/spam-able Call Beast jugs for content that isn't super serious when Bestial Loyalty is down? I've been doing Arthur, Randy, or Lynx familiar - any other good suggestions?

3) Aside from Empy hands for Ready TP Bonus, and the Reward+ pieces... any JSE armor particularly important? Particularly, I'm not sure I 'get' Relic gloves - do they have any impact at all on pet level for any practical current uses if you're using a 119 mainhand weapon?
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-08-11 00:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
1) What pets are worth the inventory space, for what practical uses?

I'm a jug-a-holic, so probably not the best to help you narrow the list down, but you'll want at least one pet from every family handy for Killer Instinct ( & the empy body ) which is really amazing when it lines up.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-11 01:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
1) What pets are worth the inventory space, for what practical uses?

I'm a jug-a-holic, so probably not the best to help you narrow the list down, but you'll want at least one pet from every family handy for Killer Instinct ( & the empy body ) which is really amazing when it lines up.

That would be nice if all of our inventory was at 99 or if I was a more serious BST, but honestly it's a major strain for me to haul a bunch of jugs around for what amounts to a job for funsies. That's a good tip for coming prepared for certain fights though, will keep that in mind. Maybe I'll stash a jug of each family on a mule and send them over to main if I plan to regularly be fighting something where I'd make good use of Killer Instinct.
By Vankathka 2020-08-11 01:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Warlike Patrick < This guy can essentially also endlessly open Fusions/Impactions
Headbreaker Ken (Fly)
Gaston (Lynx)
Charged Whisker for Bursting
Fluffy Bredo (Bursting) (Also has MAB Bonus and MDefense Down -25)

These are your go-to AoE Magic pets/Bursting pets.

Aoe Physical Bouncing Bertha still reigns supreme.

Single Target Physical Tiger is probably still the most efficient damage though Sefina with her Defense down may be superior in the long run / Or fighting Piercing weak.
Vivacious Vickie and Sweeping Gouge work extremely well together with Decimation, chaining and providing Defense Down.

Utility would fall under
Generous Arthur Ooze DEF/ATK. / 10% HP Shred start of fights

Jovial Edwin for Stoneskin/Scissor Guard/AoEDefense Down
Mega Scissors, kind of an all in one here does it all but not the best at it, but if you need all types of damage, and defensive support, he's got it.

I haven't done much testing but the new Hippogryph Jettatura looks interesting/promising.

Lynx also has Frenzied Rage 20% Attack boost no downsides.

I'd say these pets would cover your bases to start with then as you play BST more you may find more uses for the other Jug pets.

As for how the relic gloves function, not all pets are equal IE you may have a 119 Axe but some pets cap out at say level 114, and then you'd add Beast Affinity merits + Gloves to ensure they spawn at 119.

Edit: Slime also looks useful for doing lowman holding AoE CPing Shenanigans. Also has the Unique move of Digset.

As for default pet you can't really go wrong with Patrick can AoE make skillchains/burst good all around low end content pet and cheap an easy to get in Upper Jeuno. (Provided your not CPing on Apex then you may want Arthur or the like)
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-11 02:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much, that's really helpful. I've got a couple more to grab then. Warlike Patrick I remember people using for Fireball, but didn't know how well he held up. Vivacious Vickie also sounds great, particularly for Decimation SC partner!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-11 02:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Along with what Vankathka said

The sheep is a useful pet for rage if you're low on attack. Last month I prebuffed rage in ambuscade before swapping to Arthur. When I solo cp I usually do the same thing (buff with sheep, swap to something longer term), since rage lasts a good bit, though raaz comes in handy as well.

Patrick is underrated for his 1 charge fireball move, which is REALLY good in stuff like omen/vagary/AOE parties. He's also buyable from npc, so cheaper option than Bertha. Pulling off 14k AOE nukes on vagary farm is really useful at times.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 111 112 113 ... 175 176 177