Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Solo salvage
Solo salvage
 Carbuncle.Deadlymidget
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user:
By Carbuncle.Deadlymidget 2009-08-17 12:32:46
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I have been reading the "______ is greater than morrigan's thread" and i was looking to solo/dou/trio salvage for Skadi and Morrigan gear. How hard would it be to low man it? The setup would be RDM + BLM + BLM. We all have SMN leveled and the RDM has THF BRD SMN PLD 75 aswell. Any suggestions? Thanks
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-17 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Would sux for certains NM/Boss. Impossible to get full morrigan's with 3 players. In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC. Yeah it's LBC and it took a whole hour and he had perfect gear which you obviously don't have since you need morrigan's.

Not to mention that you wouldn't be able to kill in time boss like ZR, or even SSR... Even with 3 players.

Make a party of 6, everything is do-able without much difficulty with 6 players. Just invite people who don't need morrigan's, get some Usu/Ares players.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-17 12:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, this is relevant to my interests as well. How much of the Morrigan's set can be obtained solo with a moderately well geared BLM or trio?
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-17 12:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Actually, this is relevant to my interests as well. How much of the Morrigan's set can be obtained solo with a moderately well geared BLM or trio?

Again, none. You wouldn't be able to take down boss. The only boss that can be done solo is LBC, because it's easy to move to the boss floor in BR, therefore you can expect to have 1hr++ to kill the boss, which is just enough of time, considering your blm is perfectly geared (this include mandatory gaiters, novio and such items).

If you never did Salvage with a group, don't even think about solo'ing really.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-08-17 13:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Arguably one can say that the set is 15 pieces. I'm pretty sure you can solo quite a few pieces of the set, but my memory of Salvage is fuzzy.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-17 13:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?
/em takes a trip to Kaeko's LJ page...
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-17 13:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sectumsempra said:
Arguably one can say that the set is 15 pieces. I'm pretty sure you can solo quite a few pieces of the set, but my memory of Salvage is fuzzy.

Well usually we only take in consideration 25/35 pieces, since 15 are either common drops from trash mob, or 1/1 drop from NM.

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

He did, not impossible if you're well geared, /sch and using plugins (don't even think about it if you're playing on console lol), definitely require scripts so you can focus on your movements/kiting without worrying about macro'ing. Easier now since we have satchel, can get shitload of hi-elixir and do it too. As soon as your understood how the kiting works, it's not hard, I gave it a shot myself (I had 15min free with my salvage group, after the run ended), all about MP management.
 Fenrir.Tokii
Server: Fenrir
user: Tokii
By Fenrir.Tokii 2009-08-17 13:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever heard of people soloing the QQ for the 35 morrigan body by bioing it and letting it run off and come back, and I can't see how any other 35 pieces could be soloable at all. The only 15 pieces you could get would be the feet (easy from BR) and maybe the legs from AR if you could manage to get to the 5th floor and take out a few gears. As for bosses, nothing from any but LBC which drops the head and body 25s.
As for skadi, LBC drops 25 for feet, and you might be able to take down Jakko(imp) for the 15 body, but you will need a SSR card each time you try to pop it. 15 hands can drop from the 5th and 6th floor gears in AR like nemain legs, and njord's legs drop from the same mobs you'll have to kill for nemain's feet. No completions, but maybe a little less to work for if you ever get into a real salvage ls! Good luck :)
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-08-17 14:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Sectumsempra said:

Well usually we only take in consideration 25/35 pieces, since 15 are either common drops from trash mob, or 1/1 drop from NM.

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

He did, not impossible if you're well geared, /sch and using plugins (don't even think about it if you're playing on console lol), definitely require scripts so you can focus on your movements/kiting without worrying about macro'ing. Easier now since we have satchel, can get shitload of hi-elixir and do it too. As soon as your understood how the kiting works, it's not hard, I gave it a shot myself (I had 15min free with my salvage group, after the run ended), all about MP management.

I'm pretty sure with the 15 pieces he means 15 actual drops. 5 items, each 3 pieces.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-17 14:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:

I'm pretty sure with the 15 pieces he means 15 actual drops. 5 items, each 3 pieces.

That's why I said we usually don't take in consideration the lv15 pieces, therefore we only talk about 10 drops.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-18 06:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume that soloing something like this is more an issue of "because I can" rather than doing it to make things easier or more efficient. Don't forget that there is a 6 man minimum to salvage, so even if you do want to solo it, you'll need 5 friends to come along just to get you in the door. They can all DC so that they don't waste their permit, but talk about a pain in the butt.

Once you are in there on your own though, you have a strong advantage of having very little to farm, right from the start you'll generally get everything you need from the chest except for most of your gear and stat cells. If you were in a party, you'd be getting just as many cells between 6 people instead of 1. For Bhaflau remnants, you can now just kill a few bugs which take extra damage from magic and are no-where near as strong as the ones that blm's solo pre-75. As soon as you have your gear here you can run straight to the next floor, kill a handful of trolls and you're done, you can literally now run straight to the boss.

If all of that took Kaeko much more than 20 minutes I'd be surprised, leaving him over an hour to kill the boss. Not sure what homing missile would be like while kiting though.

Anyway, Bhaflau Remnants is really the only area you can run straight to the boss like this, so any other zone, even if you CAN get to the boss, you won't have any where near enough time left to solo it.

But yeah, while some small bits and pieces may be possible to solo, including a few of the NM's with any luck, I very seriously doubt it'd be worth the effort.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-08-18 07:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Sectumsempra said:

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

Antipika said:
Sectumsempra said:

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

Solo'ing with scripts and plugins (Bots, really, stop dressing it up.) is like masturbating with a vibrator/fleshlight or what have you. You may have been alone, but it wasn't by your own means. It may have proven the theory, but look what happened.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-18 07:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You still *** but enjoy it more? /confused
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-18 07:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Solo'ing with scripts and plugins (Bots, really, stop dressing it up.)

User submitted image
User submitted image

WTF GET THOSE BOTS OUT OF HERE
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-18 08:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The level 15 pieces are luck drops off fodder mobs(like dynamis) or 100% drops off NMs, the trash mobs could probably be soloed, the NMs would take a few people.

All level 25 pieces are boss drops, and as stated you would need 6 people to realistically kill them consistently.

The level 35 pieces (the super rare drops) are all NM drops. The Body NM is solo-able. The others would need probably a trio.

The problem is, you need 6 people in your party to enter. Sure you can get some of them to D/C as you enter and take less people in; but once you have gone to the effort of getting a group of 6 to the zone you may as well all enter and do a full run.
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-18 08:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tossing it out there, but you need 6 people at the lowest to enter yes?

Me and a friend tried to duo when we wwhere bored and couldnt enter ;___;
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-18 08:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
Just tossing it out there, but you need 6 people at the lowest to enter yes?

Me and a friend tried to duo when we wwhere bored and couldnt enter ;___;

Yes you need 6 in the party, all at the entrance with the key item. But if they force DC as the leader presses the button to enter you can effectively go in with less that 6. That's if you can find people willing to do it.

Zicdeh said:
Solo'ing with scripts and plugins (Bots, really, stop dressing it up.)

Kaeko only used windower macros (to allow him to switch every slot with a single button press) and the basic plugins that 99% of the PC users will have on as default, none of which break the game.

Distance is the only plugin really needed to pull of that kind of kited fight.

He didn't 'bot' the boss.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 08:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Antipika said:
Sectumsempra said:

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

Antipika said:
Sectumsempra said:

Altar said:
Antipika said:
In b4 kaeko solo'ed LBC.

Seriously?

Solo'ing with scripts and plugins (Bots, really, stop dressing it up.) is like masturbating with a vibrator/fleshlight or what have you. You may have been alone, but it wasn't by your own means. It may have proven the theory, but look what happened.

User submitted image
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-18 08:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
You still *** but enjoy it more? /confused

User submitted image
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-18 16:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:

Kaeko only used windower macros (to allow him to switch every slot with a single button press) and the basic plugins that 99% of the PC users will have on as default, none of which break the game.

Distance is the only plugin really needed to pull of that kind of kited fight.

He didn't 'bot' the boss.

Because he didn't know how to use spellcast at the time, that's why lol, otherwise would have been using spellcast directly. Windower scripts are already powerful without spellcast anyway, and distance plugin is a must have yeah.

Quote:

As long as you configure your macros yourself and not copy/paste 100% of someone else script, that's not true. Setting up spellcast and scripts correctly ain't that easy (I'm receiving shitload of PM from FFXIah users asking me how to use spellcast), not to mention all people asking for help online. Completely different from a bot where you almost have nothing to set up.

Took me several weeks to write my spellcast XML (only things I did copy was the sleep timer macro and AFv2 pants macro correct syntax since there were a bug), did lot of revisions/bug fixes, had to run a lot of tests to make sure everything was working as intended > debug > run tests again. If you don't understand your job, don't understand your own script, you'll still fail with these and it will be a hindrance to your gameplay.

Consider scripts just like tuning your own formula 1 car, if you have no *** clue on how to tune it correctly, you'll just crash with it. Same goes with driving. No cruise control. It's not like you type //load spellcast and then turns into a super BLM. If a bug happen and you notice it mid-event (like solo limbus for example) you'd need it to correct it ASAP (at next pit stop => when resting), then reload spellcast etc.

Except that if you're using someone else script, you won't be able to modify it correctly since you'll prolly do not understand that user xml which means you're ***.

To use your analogy again, it would be like building your own fleshlight (USB 2.0 compatible please so can use it with adults game :d) and then masturbate with it. You're still alone and it was by your own means since you did build it even if the act itself was automated in the end.