The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 80 81 82
 Shiva.Mlrlohki
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mlrlohki
By Shiva.Mlrlohki 2016-04-28 14:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally finished my Terpsichore last week (Except for the 10000 Beitetsu part, stuck working on my Verethragna at the moment), so been working on the rest of my gear. My Acc's at 1141 right now, though a few pieces could still use some better augments.
Current TP set:
Terpsichore/Sari (STR+3, Dex+2)
Hasty Pinion+1 (Or Ginsen if I don't need the acc)
Dampening Tam (Dex+9, Acc+13, MAcc+14, QA+2)
Ej Necklace
Steelflash/Bladeborn Earrings
Rawhide Vest (HP/Acc/Eva path)
Adhemar Wristbands (Dex/Agi/Acc path
Adoulin Ring and either Patricius if I need HP/PDT-, or Epona)
Toetapper Mantle (Store TP+5, Dual Wield+2, Reverse Flourish+17, WS Damage+4)
Olseni Belt
Samnuha Tights (STR+4, Dex+7, Triple Attack+2)
Herculean boots (STR+7, Acc+30, Att+33)
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-05-24 19:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious as to what point is there in using Haste samba at all at max haste with a Adhemar Jacket +1 with max JP? You are capped on delay before using it. For some reason, there is no drop in DPS even with NQ jacket on apex mobs.

Is haste samba just for low buff situations now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-05-28 09:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to put another piece in for adhemar jacket without DW but it results in a DPS drop always. I don't think it's worth it! q_q

Thanks for your input!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-28 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Overcapping on DW is a very bad thing. It effectively works out to negative STP and provides zero benefit. With DW5 and capped magic haste, a 4TA Herculean Vest will be far better than Adhemar Jacket. Even 3TA will probably be ahead, but I'm not as certain on that one.
By Meril1 2016-06-25 23:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sorry if I missed the memmo but could someone tell me if were still using dex gear for rudra on neck and waist or we doing fotia?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-06-26 03:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Meril1 said: »
Im sorry if I missed the memmo but could someone tell me if were still using dex gear for rudra on neck and waist or we doing fotia?

Caro Necklace/Grunfeld Rope or some other items w/ DEX/Attack.

The description on Fotia is misleading... it says 10% WSD, but actually it's only 25/256 (or 0.1) fTP added to the first hit. Rudra has high-fTP, so you're getting like ~4% WSD at 1000TP down to ~1% at 3000TP with both equipped.
By Meril1 2016-06-26 19:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that the case for other items with ws dmg on it as well? Herculean augments and such?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-06-26 20:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
By Meril1 2016-07-19 01:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So what kind of Rudra #s are we seeing these days? anyone have a current CF set?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-19 05:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Against the current Ambuscade bird, I've seen up to 70k. My strategy for him is:
NFR -> RF -> Presto -> Haste Samba before engaging

Engage -> Box Step -> Presto -> Box Step -> Use CF -> Box Step
(If you time it right and have another melee, he will start using his first WS about now. If you don't then wait until he does.)
Rudra's -> RF -> Rudra's

If you time it right, you can get both Rudra's in before the barrier goes into effect. I haven't managed to one-shot him yet, but I've gotten him to below 10% before he puts up a barrier. The biggest problem is that he resists skillchain damage. Waiting until just above 75% would probably let me oneshot him, but it's kinda boring.

My CF set is something like:
Terpsi/Twash/___/Charis
Maculele+1/Caro/Ishvara/Moonshade
Ambuskadi+1/Ambuskadi+1/Ramuh+1/Ramuh+1
10WSD 30DEX 20AccAtk Cape/Grunfeld/Lustratio+1 B/Lustratio+1 D

There are better bodies, but I don't have them.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-19 05:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
If you time it right, you can get both Rudra's in before the barrier goes into effect. I haven't managed to one-shot him yet, but I've gotten him to below 10% before he puts up a barrier. The biggest problem is that he resists skillchain damage. Waiting until just above 75% would probably let me oneshot him, but it's kinda boring.

There is a trick to how he does that barrier. He will only use that barrier under 75% HP when he has TP, so if you hold TP and wait a few seconds, he'll blow his TP above 75% on something like Dread Dive or Storm, then you can quickly unload and do massive damage that kills him before he has enough TP to put up barrier.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-07-21 13:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if something has changed recently to disrupt buff.active handling in GS?

Just been updating an alt with new gear and updating a standard Kinematics' DNC.lua and noticed that it appears not to be handling climactic flourish so as to switch in Maculele Tiara for its duration. Just getting a message saying "Finishing move 1 effect wears off" and no swap.

Handling the tights during sabre dance seems similarly non-functional.

Any ideas? I can see that the auto-presto handling function is commented out by default, but otherwise everything else seems to work as expected and there are no error warnings being thrown up by the script.
 Asura.Raelia
user: Raelia
By Asura.Raelia 2016-07-21 13:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have empty (slot="") item swaps in any of your sets and it uses set_combine? That's the problem I had with the SMN lua. It overrides the slot to nothing rather than inheriting from the other combined set.

buffactive has always been slow though, even back in spellcast. I always had a yolo/skip flag for checking Seigan active on using Third Eye, which would skip the check if it had just used Seigan because waiting for buffactive was unreliable. I have similar logic on Presto but I only check the buffactive to attempt Presto once in case of cooldown. I hate buffactive override loops and should probably start using the cooldown array that's been added.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2016-07-21 14:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, no void fields as far as I can see and I tested with both my current work-in-progress lua, and with a virgin copy from Github.

In the latter case I could see it putting the Tiara in on precast, but, I believe it would be overwritten were anything in my melee gearsets available in my inventory (options in the Github copy are not present).

Anyone got an up to date .lua they could point me to, so I can check further?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-02 17:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY AN ARGUMENT

Four-ish months into having a mythic and I've basically stopped using Reverse Flourish for anything other than juicing up to AM3 and Climactic Rudra's self-skillchains in favor of spamming PK and constantly using Building Flourish. The damage buff is pretty major, as this thread's observed, and this saves me the trouble of navigating the TP of trusts or other players. Explain why I am bad!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-02 18:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what you're doing with it. If
* You're fighting monsters that don't die to Pyrrhic Kleos, but would if it was 20% stronger or 50% stronger without capped attack
* Other people are WSing and there's no reasonable chance you can skillchain
* Other people are WSing and you only need to use Pyrrhic Kleos to skillchain
then it's probably not a bad idea.

10 second recast means you can use it on almost every WS with Terpsichore if you feel like it. 20%+ boost means it might be worth using even if it costs you 1.2 seconds of delay. idk, in a lot of situations I'd say either do nothing or use it. In some situations you should be holding for reverse.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-02 19:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
It depends what you're doing with it. If
* You're fighting monsters that don't die to Pyrrhic Kleos, but would if it was 20% stronger or 50% stronger without capped attack
* Other people are WSing and there's no reasonable chance you can skillchain
* Other people are WSing and you only need to use Pyrrhic Kleos to skillchain
then it's probably not a bad idea.

Yeah, that was my thinking. The main issue I was running into with leaning on Reverse was that when I'm solo, I'm running trusts, and since I'm Sylvie and am unwilling to switch, the short version is there isn't really a competitive loadout with fewer than two trusts that will try to close skillchains off me. Dodging them is possible, but involves holding TP which is arguably worse.

If I'm in a group with other melee, they are usually BLU, in which case my best move's probably spamming Evisceration to bounce Darkness with their CDCs. Evisceration, of course, scales really well with Building Flourish since it can benefit from the critrate bonus (provided Climactic's down; if it's up I'm doing Evis > CDC > RS, obv.).

If I'm the only melee and I'm being relied on for self-Darkness, sure, but that basically never happens in practice.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-02 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I find that my Trusts that interrupt skillchains (Qultada+August) can't hit most of the stuff that I want to kill, which suits my purposes.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-08-02 19:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that may or may not change in about six hours!

EDIT: I run Selh'teus a lot and that guy is just a ***.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-07 20:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm a master THF, but made some new friends that need CP so I figured I'd finally jump over to my dagger cousin job and give it a go. Thing is...I basically have no idea how anything above level 50 works for Dancer. I'll be using Aeonic/Twash for my daggers, or maybe Twash/Taming if for whatever reason I opt for that, but will never get mythic.

What do I need to be focusing on for general playstyle and specific gear differences from THF? Initial goal is to simply master the job, but looking at it and I think DNC probably has an advantage over THF in a number of situations, so I will consider being able to swap between the two jobs after I'm a master DNC.

I imagine I have BiS or close to it for TP (adhemar+1 head/body/hands, max samnuha tights, TA4 herc boots, etc.) but I'm confused as to what JSE I need to acquire and how exactly to maximize my flourishes, as I swear I was using climactic and not seeing any damage boost to Rudra's, so I was either missing or messing something up.

Looking at making use of haste samba, I'm thinking maybe if I get the Kirin belt and tag it with Adhemar jacket+1 if that would allow me to skip using trust bards, because honestly, *** trust bards, only application I can see for haste samba so far.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-07 21:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, a lot of our RME armors are useful, but if you're going to play DNC casually I would focus on the three bolded ones.

Maculele Tiara +1 - Climactic Flourish damage +25% (and an extra crit swing)
Maculele Bangles +1 - Reverse Flourish potency
Maculele Toeshoes +1 - Makes Presto'd Feather Step give +6% crit rate

Maxixi Tiara +1 - Increased Samba duration (It's nice to get it up to 3 minutes)
Maxixi Casaque/Toeshoes +1 - Waltz pieces
Maxixi Toeshoes/Horos Tights +1 - Jig pieces, but basically only need one because the enhancement hits the duration cap

Horos Casaque +1 - No Foot Rise enhancement, Violent Flourish

Haste Samba + Haste II with Adhemar +1 body and Kirin belt should cap you and you can adjust it once you get the dual wield Gift. I have less use for Haste Samba all the time, but Drain Samba III (even when it does work, which isn't against anything undead) doesn't exactly make a great case for itself. I've also come to suspect that Haste Samba doesn't apply to the first round after a WS, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Dancer is a toolbox. It has a lot of options for increasing WS damage different amounts with different costs. However, I find the paradox is that the better your gear/buffs are the less you play like a unique job and the more you play like a Monk with daggers.
* Do you feel like Steps and Flourishes are a waste of your time? They probably are. JA delay sucks and your 20k Rudra's on fodder is probably 10k overkill. Stop doing them.
* Do all Sambas seem pointless because you're well buffed? Save a few TP and stop doing them.

On CP fodder, I basically just engaged and WSed. I kept Haste Samba up because I did rely on a combination of Trusts, but otherwise I was only flourishing as often as No Foot Rise gave me FMs. Saber Dance, Haste Samba, use NFR when you're disengaged, use RF when you want TP or maybe save it for Ascended. You should be able to toss out a few steps, use flourishes, and murder an Ascended to keep chain.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-07 21:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So that tiara is probably why Climactic wasn't super impressive for me. I'll slowly work on those things, going to CP Arma RNG (like a melee COR, cause lol) and Aeonic DNC during this event and cap out after if necessary.

Yeah I was basically playing how my THF does while doing Apex. I'd just Rudra > Evisc > Rudra's with my Idris fury/frailty and destroy bats. Only issues were when frailty wasn't applied to mob (stupid bt targetting). I found myself forcing myself to use flourishes to use flourishes more than I noticed them being necessary. Reverse would let me keep up in case I had poor procs. I was mostly Presto stepping to open a fight. And I tossed on Haste Samba because Ulmia cannot be trusted.

Good to know that a lot of the little DNC things aren't super necessary and a bit more niche, it's a lot less effort to try to learn a general playstyle, I still need to get used to the very different, albeit fairly similar, tools transitioning from THF to DNC.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-09 23:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone think of a use for a Herc Vest after getting Adhemar Jacket +1? I'm having a real hard time but I also don't want to toss them if I might want it again some day.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-10 00:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

At capped magic haste, won't you be at DW cap with the 550 gift? Would definitely want a Herc vest rather than Adhemar in that situation.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-08-10 00:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Can anyone think of a use for a Herc Vest after getting Adhemar Jacket +1? I'm having a real hard time but I also don't want to toss them if I might want it again some day.

Well, aside from being used for a WSD piece via Dark matter, I'd say that it's quite useful for the only job not on Adhemar that is on Hercs.

/salty
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-10 00:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The 60 atk, 2%crit, 6% crit damage, and 8 str difference between my 30 acc/4% TA herc vest and adhemar+1 seems to offset the 6%DW. I would need a mythical Herc vest to beat it out for tP even at the haste cap, I think.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-08-10 00:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I guess I could try and augment it for unstacked Rudra's... I just worry that I am unlikely to ever see a version of it that competes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-08-10 00:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm coming up kinda short on even very niche stuff. Best non-DM aug I could think of specifically for DNC is maybe an Aeolian Edge piece with MAB and WSD, ideally paired with some DEX/INT. But then realized it would have to be pretty damn good to beat something like Samnuha's MAB+35 (20 base, 15 max aug) and almost same base attributes (Herc has 1 more DEX and INT). I could see getting a better Aeolian piece out of it, but idk that it's particularly worthwhile to spend the time for such a niche use and honestly fairly minimal upgrade.

Or like Tru said, your TA+4/Acc+30 Vest is still uber-PUP TP gear.

IDK how much you care about other non-DNC Herc jobs, but probably the most reasonable alternative is WS gear for something other than DNC, for a WS that isn't better off with Adhemar+1/Meghanada+1. For example, NIN Blade: Hi (AGI/WSD), COR Leaden Salute (AGI/MAB/WSD), maybe RNG Trueflight or Jishnu, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 80 81 82