Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
The Last Dance II: The Show Must Go On
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 80 81 82
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-02-27 12:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just afterglow'd my Twashtar and planning to test drive it tonight, I took a stab at the spreadsheets for a set and its kinda terrifying every dagger in my collection that could be an offhander is worse than an Airy buckler for best DPS >.>

It looks like the main upside to going dual wield with a twashtar is higher ws frequency vs using Airy? (looking at the rounds/ws numbers and holding tp less) to keep those trigger happy BLMs bursting on things yeah?
By Yandaime 2016-02-27 12:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
So I just afterglow'd my Twashtar and planning to test drive it tonight, I took a stab at the spreadsheets for a set and its kinda terrifying every dagger in my collection that could be an offhander is worse than an Airy buckler for best DPS >.>

It looks like the main upside to going dual wield with a twashtar is higher ws frequency vs using Airy? (looking at the rounds/ws numbers) to keep those trigger happy BLMs bursting on things yeah?

That's actually pretty funny that the weapon performs better on it's own than with a sub lol. Hilarious actually. Not speaking for or against it, just noting the hilarity xD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-27 12:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I tried it (finished Twashtar 119 v3 two weeks ago or so) and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Perhaps I need better Rudra's gear or something.
 Asura.Xelnok
Server: Asura
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2016-03-05 09:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to figure out my TP set and I have a quick question about Herculean Trousers vs. Taeon Tights.

Which one of these would be better for TP?

Herc Trousers: Dex+7, Acc+20, +Att+33(for 48 total), TA+2, (6 str more than taeon base)

Taeon Tights: Dex+7, Acc+21, TA+4 (can get higher acc/dex with augs)

So essentially I am wondering how well the two extra TA compares to 50~ attack and also 6 higher str for the most damage compared to Taeon, before I start throwing a lot more gil at the Taeon to cap dex/acc.

Thanks.
 Asura.Nazantia
user: Nazantia
By Asura.Nazantia 2016-03-06 18:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xelnok said: »
Herculean Trousers vs. Taeon Tights.
plugged your #s in with my sets.
vs apex crab, the herc win (not by a lot)

since Herc have higher potential than the Taeon, I'd just work on making those better.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Server: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2016-03-12 16:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for making this post, but last page I saw someone reference how good Byrth's DNC gearswap is, and said it's on the front page and I can't seem to find it. Could someone either link it or point me in the right direction please? ^^
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Server: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2016-03-17 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got an Abjuration for Adhemar Body from the gobbie dial. My DNC is currently under construction as I havent geared it since Abyssea days despite my loving of the job, so I'm trying to figure out wht path to augment it with.

Path of STR, DEX, and Attack definitely seems nice, but I'm worried about lacking in the accuracy department, especially while I'm still in the process of gearing, which is where I consider Path A.

So I'm torn on which path to pick.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-17 13:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can reaugment it whenever you like by trading it back to Nolan. Only costs some silt. Use whichever path best fits your current needs.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-03-19 19:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

looking at dnc for the first time in awhile, i got ench.X2 im wondering if i should bother augmenting them or just stick with my iptem/izh for now till i can get some skins or tami's? iptem augments suck if that helps all i ever got into it was dmg8 atk9 lol
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-03-23 13:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally do not like weapons with DW on them because obviously they would mess with TP at max haste. If that's not a problem with you, use em!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-23 14:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
looking at dnc for the first time in awhile, i got ench.X2 im wondering if i should bother augmenting them or just stick with my iptem/izh for now till i can get some skins or tami's? iptem augments suck if that helps all i ever got into it was dmg8 atk9 lol

I have Taming and Skinflayer but also kept these for tanking/soloing where I like to have my recast timers low. From 10 sec Waltz III to 6 seconds. In this use case, I think path D can come in handy.
By Nellarie 2016-03-29 08:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question for the Dancer community :)

Is there a possible way for a dancer to solo a lvl 3 light skillchain? I think I remember seeing someone mention a way to do it with a 5 step, but I just don't see it because we don't have access to a skillchain with a liquefaction property...

Do you know if there is a way to fake a Fusion with Dancer sort of like how you can make Distortion with Transfixion > Scission (Which still makes no sense to me).

It bugs me because superficially, it seems that many popular gaes fete nms are weak to either fire or light (or maybe black mages just love MBing fire), and while we can spam double darkness better than anyone, lacking a liquefaction property seems like such a thorn in the side..

Unless there is another way that I don't know about, it seems like the only way to perform solo Light as Dancer is with Aeneas...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-29 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Spinning Attack -(change to Dagger + RF + Sekkanoki + Meditate)-> Aeolian Edge -> Shark Bite or Exenterator

Basically, no
[+]
By Firesped 2016-03-31 14:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to ask this but you guide does not state how to augment the moonshade earring. I've played dancer for a long time but gave it a break for a while. right now i am trying to get it back up to spec. I'm going for eventually getting 2 herc sets, one augmented with weapon skill damage and the other augmented with TA, though I managed to get pants with QA+2 on them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-31 17:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You get moonshade by completing the Wings of the Goddess mission line.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-04-03 15:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon the shitpost, but I finished Terpsichore.

Only 7 and a half years behind now!
[+]
By Nellarie 2016-04-04 11:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Pardon the shitpost, but I finished Terpsichore.

Only 7 and a half years behind now!

Congratulations! :D

I am slowly working toward mine. About a third of the way through alexandrites...

I do have a question though (this is mainly for those who have Aeneas already. I would LOVE to get an Aeneas since it would open up very useful skillchain opportunities. But seeing how difficult it is to get all of the NM clears, let alone finding a group for them as Dancer or PUP, I don't know if I'll ever get there unless community job acceptance changes.

So I have been thinking about Twashtar more since it looks strong with the 119 III upgrade.. But making that has it's costs as well.

So for people who have both weapons, or at least done mathy things for both, Which is more worth setting a goal towards between Twashtar and Aeneas and should it be mainhand or offhand to Terpsichore? Or would it be just fine to offhand a perfect sari with Terpsichore III main hand?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-04 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Terpsichore III / Twashtar III is slightly better than Terpsichore III / Perfect Sari.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45312/the-last-dance-ii-the-show-must-go-on/30/#3048141

Aeneas is mainhand only (TP Bonus and STP don't work in the offhand) and isn't super competitive. As far as Dancer is concerned, last time I looked at it Aeolian Edge was the only real use I could find for it.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-04 12:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The STP does work in the offhand.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-04 12:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, well it still kinda sucks as a dagger.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-04 12:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, high base damage! Ok it might not be incredibly decisive when offhand, but surely the ~27 acc/att and STP+10 gotta count for something?

Because on stuff where you need lots of acc you're either gonna have to overcap your mainhand (to reach 95% on the offhand) or you simply will be under 95% offhand while 99% mainhand.
With a +269 weapon in both mainhand AND offhand it would be easier to have less "waste" of accuracy, no? To say one thing in favor of it over Taming Sari, for instance.

I haven't mathed it out like you but it can't be THAT bad? Not like it's a huge effort to get one if your group is able to kill those NMs anyway.
By Verda 2016-04-04 13:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
I finished Terpsichore.
Congratulations!

Nellarie said: »
Is there a possible way for a dancer to solo a lvl 3 light skillchain?
It's technically a level 4 skillchain, and called radiance but AM3 with Aenas and then Extenterator -> Exenterator self makes radiance, you can still magic burst wind, thunder, light, fire from it and the bursts get bonus to them too that bypasses gear caps.

Asura.Sechs said: »
I haven't mathed it out like you but it can't be THAT bad? Not like it's a huge effort to get one if your group is able to kill those NMs anyway.
Aenas saving grace would be what I described above. Radiance/Umbra also appear to have 200% base skilchain damage with 2 step, and 300% with 3 step, from my observations. It works best when working with other people. Say you do you Exenterator at 1k TP (Am1 up) -> Someone distorton ws (rudra) -> gravitation ws (evisceration) while you TP to 2250 (moonshade + aenas make it effectivley 3k tp) -> climactic flourish rudra I'd be very surprised if it didn't cap damage, with umbra. You could also solo this 4 step and do a lot of damage, just less since your close would be more at 1750 effective TP instead of 3k. In terms of melee and ws damage I don't think Aenas really wins vs other ultimate weapons, you have to skillchain with it to see it's true potential.

I don't think most of them work incredibly good as an offhand because you lose one of their biggest features, the 500 TP bonus. You can stack this too, /war sub with only single wielding Aenas, you could get an effective TP bonus of 950 TP total, and summoner crystal blessing could put that as 1200 TP bonus total. You'd potentially lose delay cap, though that is less an issue for DNC due to job ability haste, and you would be losing no tp per hit from DW delay reductions. I'm not saying it's better but there's lots of ways I can think to use it, you could also DW with the magian trials weapon for fights like Erinys. I think like many relic weapons, they either aren't that useful or situationaly useful, with some being very strong for a job like SAM. I'd imagine since DNC like SAM has so much self skillchain potential it could be a very strong choice on DNC as well, but it will never make an incredible offhand I think unless that 10 STP is a key piece in lowering your average attack rounds till WS by 1.
By Nellarie 2016-04-04 15:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
It's technically a level 4 skillchain, and called radiance but AM3 with Aenas and then Extenterator -> Exenterator self makes radiance, you can still magic burst wind, thunder, light, fire from it and the bursts get bonus to them too that bypasses gear caps.

Thanks. That was one of the reasons I was interested in Aeneas since it gives dancers a way to solo light skillchains without switching to h2h. I believe the Aeonic should allow Dancers to perform a solo Radience and Umbra at any aftermath tiers (except for AM2 Radience).

Also after comparing it with other Aeonics, the Dagger is one of 6 weapon types that actually give the user a second lvl 3 skillchain property, so they can do both light and darkness. So if anything, Aeneas definitely gives dancers a little more skillchain flexibility!

Speaking of offhand vs. mainhand.. I know it sounds crazy, but has anyone tried macroing in a weapon swap to take advantage of the WS bonuses on Terpsichore and Twashtar? For example, could you use Terpsichore in the mainhand for Pyrrhic Kleos, <wait .1> then swap to Twashtar at the end of that macro and use Rudra's Storm next, or would that cause any problems? Because of the 2 second forced delay after WS, I believe the weapons should swap before auto-attacks resume, and I think there shouldn't be any TP loss unless you use any Save TP gear for weapon skills. (FYI, I ask because I don't have an RME yet, and I don't know yet if the WS bonuses already work if the weapon is in offhand, or whether Aftermath goes away if you weapon swap)

It seems to work fine when I swap between h2h and dagger when I need to make 3-step light by myself, but I don't know how it plays with RME weapons. Mainhand swapping as melee isn't talked about much lol.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-04 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Other sizable issues aside, Aftermath is indeed wiped if you swap weapons.
By Nellarie 2016-04-04 15:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Other sizable issues aside, Aftermath is indeed wiped if you swap weapons.

I had a feeling that was the case. That's disappointing. Though I'm sure that people would be weapon swapping to take advantage of mainhand bonuses more if there weren't any such downsides so I figured there had to be something major to discourage it. There is a reason for everything I guess.. lol
By Firesped 2016-04-04 17:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I know where you get it(moonshade earring), I have it already. I asked how it is augmented because you have to pick the augments for it.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-04 17:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Bonus is basically mandatory for DDs, then add either accuracy or attack to top it off. If you play COR consistently, you can also do MAB/TP Bonus for Leaden.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-09 14:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so mantles. I made my first:

Huuuuge upgrade for Rudra's. Also my best Acc TP back, Evisceration back, Pyrrhic Kleos back, etc.

I intend to make:
DEX+20, Crit rate+10, Acc/Atk+20 (for Evisceration and Acc TP)
STR+20, DA rate+10, Acc/Atk+20 (for Pyrrhic Kleos and normal TP)

Undecided:
STR+20, STP+10, Acc/Atk+20 (if the sheet tells me it's worthwhile for normal TP)
INT+20, WSD+10, MAcc/MDmg+20 (if I ever really care about Aeolian Edge)
AGI+20, Eva/MEva+20, Enmity+10 (Enmity and Evasion)
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-04-12 15:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Okay, so mantles. I made my first:

Huuuuge upgrade for Rudra's. Also my best Acc TP back, Evisceration back, Pyrrhic Kleos back, etc.

I intend to make:
DEX+20, Crit rate+10, Acc/Atk+20 (for Evisceration and Acc TP)
STR+20, DA rate+10, Acc/Atk+20 (for Pyrrhic Kleos and normal TP)

Undecided:
STR+20, STP+10, Acc/Atk+20 (if the sheet tells me it's worthwhile for normal TP)
INT+20, WSD+10, MAcc/MDmg+20 (if I ever really care about Aeolian Edge)
AGI+20, Eva/MEva+20, Enmity+10 (Enmity and Evasion)

was coming to ask about dnc tp backs! so would dex/acc/crit beat dex/acc/da for acc tping in general? im trying to upgrade my dnc, im sitting around 1128 acc no food/buffs but i still couldnt hit sarama worth a ***after using sublime sushi. We had a geo but im not sure what buffs they were using.

*edit*
ItemSet 343123

Dagger pathBx2
head acc22 DW5
body dex8 acc25 atk11 stp6
hands acc+15(maxed hands but other stats dont matter)
legs acc42 atk17
feet acc25 atk13 ta2

Adhmerar hands are on my list to get but like 0/9 now and i need better daggers soon or later if i can get some any suggestions for acc set?
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2016-04-23 11:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
Dagger pathBx2
head acc22 DW5
body dex8 acc25 atk11 stp6
hands acc+15(maxed hands but other stats dont matter)
legs acc42 atk17
feet acc25 atk13 ta2

Adhmerar hands are on my list to get but like 0/9 now and i need better daggers soon or later if i can get some any suggestions for acc set?

I personally use Adhemar hands and head. I would recommend trying your luck with higher ACC on your pieces with TA on them. Anything below 30 is kinda lowish.

ItemSet 343360
This set is a mixture of what you already have and some pieces that might be beneficial to you ^^ You are sacrificing a lot of other stuff just to get ACC in though. All herc would need 30+ ACC and at least TA+2. The more the better though.

Edit: The cape would have the DEX/ACC/ATT route.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 80 81 82