Job Solo Ability
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 15:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
But THF has 60 EVA over NIN, and NIN has 20 over DNC. Honestly there's no better way to solo than just not taking damage at all in the first place.

NIN gets no Eva bonus, DNC gets acc II and eva bonus III, BUT Nin/Dnc gets Eva and acc bonus 1, A- Skill, +10, Vs B+ skill +35(THF A+ skill + 48), Dnc gets better sambas, better waltzes, and a stun abiltiy and some various other stuff,

THF rely on eva alot, and the ability to land bolts, not much room for error imo, Nin/Dnc is smoother lol

Nin can enfeeble, Para Slow Blind, on top of the fact they have a 4 Shadow Ni,
 Bahamut.Etrayis
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 15:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Xdudemanx said:

BST>all (thank you)

When's the last time you soloed a god or pop god? Kthxbai =D
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Enternius said:
But THF has 60 EVA over NIN, and NIN has 20 over DNC. Honestly there's no better way to solo than just not taking damage at all in the first place.

What happens when u get AoEd? :p When ur soloing harder mobs, you will get hit.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-08-16 15:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Enternius said:

I agree with that except, utsusemi does just that and curing waltz from NIN/DNC for healing. THF can have one or the other but not both.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 15:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Xdudemanx said:

BST>all (thank you)

A. The discussion is overall solo ability,

B. like a bunch of jobs can solo Genbu,

C. Can Thf even solo genbu? lol

D. Whens the last time u soloed (Insert the ***load of mobs that Bst can solo that Thf cant)

Rumaha said:
Some jobs solo some mobs better then some jobs.

[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 15:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Xdudemanx said:

BST>all (thank you)

ummm bst can solo loldespot.....

but thats about it really for sky gods haha

ive heard of a bst on Asura sololing Hakutaku, RDM cant do that anymore since it builds resis to bind and grav fast.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-16 15:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

EVA is more useful than you give it credit for.

And THF has Bloody Bolts and Sleep Bolts and Blind Bolts.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all talking about a very different mob basis here. First of all if the AoE that takes shadows is physical it CAN be dodged. If magical it is generally interrupted due to a thief's hundred fist attack speed. Now I know everyone will go on and on about the ability to land bolts vs. curing waltz ***.

A- If your gonna solo on thief, you start with at least 270 Racc.

B- Curing waltz heals what? 180 at most?

C- No THF or NIN is gonna be soloing anything that you can't successfully cap accuracy on.

D- Who really cares?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-16 15:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Etrayis said:
Xdudemanx said:

BST>all (thank you)

A. The discussion is overall solo ability,

B. like a bunch of jobs can solo Genbu,

C. Can Thf even solo genbu? lol

D. Whens the last time u soloed (Insert the ***load of mobs that Bst can solo that Thf cant)

A. that is too loaded but if you had to go with how can solo the most rdm
B. who cant solo genoob?
C. Yes thf can solo it easy... might even be able to melee it to death eventually. Thf can solo alot if you pay attention and gear swap alot
D. Betcha that list is alot smaller then you think.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 15:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I start hearing ***on this, I don't solo on my thief nor do I intent to defend MY thief. I'm going on testimonials and what I've seen.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-16 15:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightraid said:
ive heard of a bst on Asura sololing Hakutaku, RDM cant do that anymore since it builds resis to bind and grav fast.

Why would that stop RDM <_< even if it's true... most stuff doesn't build resist to Bind <_<
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-16 15:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

THF is more than capable of soloing any mob that's IT or lower.

Honestly BST is good at low levels but at 75, it's pathetic. It's not the best at soloing exp, it's not the best at soloing NMs, and just in general it isn't the best at anything.

SMN can do everything that BST can do, only more efficiently. And SMN isn't even that great at solo.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-16 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Nightraid said:

Why would that stop RDM <_< even if it's true... most stuff doesn't build resist to Bind <_<

Lol alot of stuff does eventually if you only have like 310ish skill or lower. And it has alot of hp... still think itd be doable... and in all reality even if resist does build you can get by with just bind or just grav to an extent. And as your using one the resistance will lower a bit... not all the way but meh should be good enough to finish the mob. But the solos ive seen show it casting a bit on the kiter so... meh
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 15:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Nightraid said:

Well seeing how you have 75 rdm go solo it and prove me wrong <_<
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-16 15:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hakutaku doesn't have increased movement speed so technically a RDM with Crimson Cuisses would be okay for Hakutaku.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 15:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightraid said:
Raenryong said:
Nightraid said:

I don't see you having proof of you soloing anything ever, so just leave this thread with that logic. XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-16 15:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude Hakutaku has like what 50k hp and I think it resist poison right? Take forever to kill espeically with its fast agas and ***.
 Shiva.Nightraid
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-08-16 15:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Etrayis said:
Nightraid said:
Raenryong said:
Nightraid said:

I don't see you having proof of you soloing anything ever, so just leave this thread with that logic. XD

I dont need to have proof.
im just assuming it based on what ive heard,
and since the enf resistance update its harder to cast enfeebling in succession.

but i bleh i could be wrong :P
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-16 15:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said Smn. Well, kind of. I had a Smn solo my Blu AF Hat NM, so that's as far as I know they can solo from what I've seen/heard.

Duos don't count since there's a extremely long list of duo jobs.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-17 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've mainly solo'd on RDM. With /BLU or /NIN. Nothing fancy, but if I have to solo something I am probably going to take RDM.
Smn can solo...SOME stuff. If something is not weak to blunt or slashing w/e it becomes a lot more difficult. Chances are, if it's a hard mob, you will run out of MP.
Sure you can solo stuff with Carby, but you need a lot of room to work w/o fear of aggro. I love smn, but to me it isn't the best solo job unless it's something like a pot, imp, or bomb.
I'm a DNC, and while I am sure you can cure waltz yourself every 10 seconds it isn't very practical on harder things. DNC evasion is not that great. I get hit a lot, but tbh I *** haste instead of evasion on it.
I think BST is a fine solo as long as there are pets to charm they can do a lot.
I've no opinion about thf or nin as I am not one. I've never heard of a THF soloing Genbu, but I've seen a video of a Nin do it. ***, I think even a MNK did it not too long ago.
Anyhow, I'm not fond of soloing things unless I have to. I'd honestly do something else than take 3 hours to kill something.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-17 15:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Literally every job in the game is capable of soloing Genbu. You can't consider that skill. c.c
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-08-17 16:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well on my RDM with ninja support job I have soloed / doued every pop item monster in sky. Soloed Faust, Steam Cleaner, Zipacna, Despot, etc. Doued Mother Globe, Ullikummi (not worth the time to solo lol), Olla Grande (like ulli), Brigandish Blade.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-08-17 16:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ok dont feel like reading rest the post but what i seen.

nin/dnc very effective all around nin/mage to lesser extent

bst xp and nms long there room to work and pets (jug pets rarely last long enough or are strong enough to use alone) also bst rarely gets xp invites though they can be good dd and tanks with right setup specially after get snarl and they no longer gimp xp with pets like use to years ago.(give a bst some luv and invite them to party they lonely and just want make friends)

drg/mage xp some nms seen ones solo merit level mobs in toah like greater birds.

smner xp and some nms depending on type and room to work/gear and time u have

thf/nin nms and to lesser degree xp ( not always time effective) also depends on the thfs skill and gear. I've also seen some thf/dnc but to new to comment on.

dnc xp and some nms depending on time you have to spend. lower levels dnc solo xping is great can cut a path through zones like krt 2nd dungeon area also can even afk or dc in fights and come back alive long drain samba active.

blu xp long mp dont run out ( needs a auto refresh like smner on top the spell refreshs) nms depend on the nm and the blu.

mnk/nin mnk/dnc mnk/rdm nms some xp also depending on sub depends on mobs and if they hit fast or hard or have big spike dmg and para/silence effects.

blm great xp on specialty mobs like pets and wider range after 50 also lot of nms long the blm know there stuff (being taru helps)

rdm/nin rdm/mage nms (lil to good some think) xp but prob not time effective. also depends on gear and skill of rdm to a degree.

drks some nms using similar kiting methods like rdms on despot. xp just dont know but can't be to good seeing how many sit waiting for partys.

pld/nin /pld/dnc nms and guess xp but need time and depends on gear/skill

sam/dnc sam/nin nm and xp /dnc seems be preference

whm/nin nms lot based on skill and gear of whm

pup xp and nms depending on the pup type and skill pup can also solo duo diabolos prime and the marids in toah using aoe ws to kill chigoes

have heard of brds soloing nms never seen though and have had limited success with war/blu but very gear dependent and skill.

probably forgetting some but this have do for now
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2009-08-17 16:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

only 2 ppl mention PUP >< That shows most ppl dont know ***about PUP! PUP PWNS !!
Why?? because the automaton is incredibly customizeable and you can set it up for almost every mob and situation ..
so i put PUP and BST on first place
 Seraph.Liberata
Server: Seraph
user: Liberata
By Seraph.Liberata 2009-08-17 16:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
Volition said:
What about WHM?

I've actually seen whm's do pretty good against some undead, although they were Easy Prey and they were using clubs. I don't know very much of what whm's can solo aside from that. Their attack rating is rather low no matter what weapon they use. Maybe whm/nin dual-wielding a pair of clubs? I dunno. At least you can toss up a Reraise before you try soloing that DC or higher...

I've actually taken Ts before on WHM/SCH with relative ease, it just takes a) a long time and b) your whole attention. /SCH is really helpful, but you can't afford to take a lot of damage lest you bork the Sublimation charge.

To the person who said that every job in the game can solo Genbu -- how would you do that with BRD? :D
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-17 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lolpup

requiem? ^
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-08-17 16:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo stuff all the time as SMN. That or RDM. Although.. hardest thing I've soloed is Bonnacon.. Semi soloed Genbu as SMN. Had a RDM just refresh me and keep grav on him. Could have soloed if I wanted to spend gil on lots of MP recover.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-17 16:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
requiem?
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
Server: Seraph
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-08-17 16:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i solo merrow no.5 with ease....theres some other 80+nms easily soloable as bst also..i honestly havent played around in sky alot except with depsot on rare occasions..but just about any normal mob/nm i can just bst/nin and rip to pieces with my fungy jug
[+]