On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 95 96 97

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-24 04:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just AC-burnable, the final form can be PD zerged from 100% HP with 2~3 melees in less than a minute now, it's all a matter of stacking enough attack to counter the level correction. You can also lock him with Mewing Lullaby (Erinys style) to not have to deal with the Bio aura and adds sleep/repop anymore. There are multiple ways to handle this fight.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-06-08 07:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, i want to upgrade mules cure sets after he got Master WHM.
The JP Gift for cure potency are they on top of the 50% from gear or i only need like 27 Cure Potency in gear now?
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2018-06-08 07:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Hey, i want to upgrade mules cure sets after he got Master WHM.
The JP Gift for cure potency are they on top of the 50% from gear or i only need like 27 Cure Potency in gear now?
The cure is just a straight number added to your cures not a potency percentage. So when it says increases cure potency by 5, it's literally 5 more HP you cure for.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-06-08 07:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhhkkaayy. sounds amazing. <.<
Thank you for the quick reply^^

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-08 10:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the cap hasn't been 50% for years

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-08 14:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

80, since ~June 2011

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-08 16:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cast time cap has always been -80%; it was recast that was capped at -50% for a long time.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-08 16:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Good to know. What % do you get from gifts if Master?
Think of it this way: does it matter?

I assume you're asking because you want to know how much more you need from gear to cap cast time, but the gifts only give you healing cast time, not the broader fast cast. So if you want to cap cast time on things like Haste/Regen/Stoneskin as well as your Cures (hint: you do), then you need 80% fast cast from gear anyway.

Once you have a good fast cast set, those healing cast time gifts will do nothing for you. They're worthless.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-08 17:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm saying use fast cast to cap ALL your spells at -80% rather than only looking at healing magic.

Something about the wording of that last post makes me suspicious though. Are you using just one set for both precast & midcast on cures? Because that would complicate things terribly.

Post deleted by User.
By vm0d 2018-06-08 18:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know. What % do you get from gifts if Master?

8%

I don't use gearswap and want to reduce cast times as much as possible. FC in slots where there is no CCT is obvious, but in this situation is it CCT then FC in slots where you can get both?

it would be whichever value is higher for the slot

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-06-09 03:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside the obvious advice: Start useing gearswap ... even if you don't use Gearswap, you can use Fast Cast sets with in game macros. You can just equip your Fastcast gear in 1st slot, start casting the spell in next line and use a <wait 1> at the end (i think in game does not go below 1 second?). After that equip your Potency gear and after spellcast is done (Another <wait x>) equip your aftercast gear. You need to do some testings for timing, but you can use 3 different sets even without gearswap.

Should look something like that:
Line 1: /equipset 1
Line 2: /ma "whatever spell" <t/me/w-e> <wait1> (Not sure if this wait is needed - maybe someone know better)
Line 3: /equipset 2 <wait x>
Line 4: /equipset 3
By aisukage 2018-06-09 08:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside the obvious advice: Start useing gearswap ... even if you don't use Gearswap, you can use Fast Cast sets with in game macros. You can just equip your Fastcast gear in 1st slot, start casting the spell in next line and use a <wait 1> at the end (i think in game does not go below 1 second?). After that equip your Potency gear and after spellcast is done (Another <wait x>) equip your aftercast gear. You need to do some testings for timing, but you can use 3 different sets even without gearswap.

Line 2: /ma "whatever spell" <t/me/w-e> <wait1> (Not sure if this wait is needed - maybe someone know better)

edit cause i mis read it: No you don't want that wait. it will cast in your FC set then move straight to set 2 which is midcast set before the spell finished.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-09 11:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The wait IS needed, as the client won't recognize equipset being called twice less than a second apart. If you use some normal /equips for FC and /equipset for midcast, you can do it without a wait, otherwise you need the wait 1.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-09 12:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Light arts is a seperate term and there is some debate over whether cap is applied before or after arts. Best case, you need 50% + light arts (1 * (1 - .78) * (1 - .1) = .198). You don't exactly need amazing gear to get a full 72% though, it's a waste of merits to get cure casttime-.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-14 10:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The body is very nice, as are the pants. Stronger barspell woot! Those are the only two pieces I've bothered to do so far.
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-14 10:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your FC set (equipset 1), you may or may not need to put <wait 1> after /equipset 1 and not after the spell. Certain spells with full fast cast land so quickly that your /equipset 2 will not "proc" in time. So for spells that are already fast (to the point where maxed FC sets make the spell nearly insta-cast), you should probably do:

Line 1: /equipset 1 <wait 1>
Line 2: /ma "spell" <target>

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-14 11:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Line 1: /equipset 1 <wait 1>
Line 2: /ma "spell" <target>

For truly fast spells, the best thing you can do is:

Line 1: /equip feet "Cure Clogs 119"
Line 2: /equip body "Marduk Jubbah 119"
Line 3: /equip hands "Gendewitha Gages"
Line 4: /equip fc piece
Line 5: /equip fc piece
Line 6: /macro set 2

Same macro slot, macro set 2
Line 1: /equip fc piece
Line 2: /equip fc piece
Line 3: /equip fc piece
Line 4: /ma "Spell" <t>
Line 5: /equipset midcast
Line 6: /macro set 1

The game will allow you to macro 2 switches to the same slot without waiting the second if one of them is through equipset. You just tap the macro twice quick and you're all set.

Another simple option is to do a windower macro that equips all your FC one slot at a time, sends the spell, then sends the equipset, but if using windower you probably want gearswap.

Other options include using a fast cast set based on your midcast set:

/equipset FC-Cure (Your curing set with 4 FC pieces swapped in.. say zendik robe, nahtirah hat, grioavolr, clerisy strap +1)
/ma "Cure VI" <t>
/equip body "Eber's bliaut +1"
/equip head "Kaykaus Mitra +1"
/equip main "Queller Rod"
/equip sub "Ammurapi Shield"

You still have some fast cast from pieces like ebers legs, alaunus's cape, etc.. so the 4 slots can be enough to get you to cap in 1 macro if you really can't tolerate pressing 2 macros.

The bottom line is, you shouldn't ever be using wait 1. Using a less than perfect fast cast set through one of these options will cost you less than 1 second. Really though, just use gearswap/ashitacast.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-07-11 21:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at he /sch aurostomr cure set.

am i missing something or is Cure potency not capped on those.
if so why woudl we atke 9mnd or 7 skill in the neck slot over 5% cure potency from nodens gorget ?

It might jsut be be me beeing tired
 Asura.Aikoneko
user: maeko91
By Asura.Aikoneko 2018-07-11 23:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The effects of Chatoyant/Twilight/etc have hidden cure potency assigned with day/weather effects. You can check the amounts with a quick search on bg-wiki.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chatoyant_Staff
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 95 96 97