On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-30 20:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And then you lose set bonus for MDB on Barspells.

Keep that in mind ~ Duration means nothing when you lose a considerable potency and 500 skill was capable before abyssea.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-30 20:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Keep that in mind ~ Duration means nothing when you lose a considerable potency and 500 skill was capable before abyssea.

Why would anyone use +duration on barspells when they already last an obscene amount of time? +Duration is for haste and possibly regen, spells that don't really have potency scaling from gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-30 21:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Why would anyone use +duration on barspells when they already last an obscene amount of time? +Duration is for haste and possibly regen, spells that don't really have potency scaling from gear.

You know someone out there will do it
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-30 21:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The best reason I can think of, is to work in conjunction with a RUN using embolden. The potency is gonna be obscene anyway, and enough duration+ will make it last a more reasonable amount of time.

That being said, that's a reeaaaally niche use.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-08 01:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple of precast/midcast questions:

1) Does Orison/Ebers cap need to be equipped in midcast to grant the additional Divine Veil proc?

2) Orison/Ebers mitts and Mending Cape. Do they have to be equipped on precast of Divine Caress, or on midcast while Divine Caress is active?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-08 03:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the set bonus from Orison and Ebers stack? Like is it possible to use 3/5 Orison and 2/5 Ebers and get set bonus or does it have to be 5/5 of one set?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-08 03:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No it does not. And ebers 109 doesn't stack with ebers 119
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-08 12:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Couple of precast/midcast questions:

1) Does Orison/Ebers cap need to be equipped in midcast to grant the additional Divine Veil proc?

2) Orison/Ebers mitts and Mending Cape. Do they have to be equipped on precast of Divine Caress, or on midcast while Divine Caress is active?
1st one: Must be on Midcast.

2nd one: Anything affecting a one time use Ability that affects a charge is usually during the cast of the associated spell that gets the bonus from the JA, things like Elemental Seal etc.

Because they directly enhance the Divine Benison that typically means On throughout, anything that says Enhances X affect" is on Spellcast, although Japanese translation is always 50/50.

Honestly not tested it to be sure, and finding a method to test would be problematic without sitting there with a huge sample size in PvP
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-08 12:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
The best reason I can think of, is to work in conjunction with a RUN using embolden. The potency is gonna be obscene anyway, and enough duration+ will make it last a more reasonable amount of time.

Could you possibly have found a more obscure usage for that?!

I'm so using you as a Pub Quiz person if I ever make/join a group.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-08 12:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Could you possibly have found a more obscure usage for that?!

I'm so using you as a Pub Quiz person if I ever make/join a group.
If I try real hard, maybe. lol.
 Leviathan.Fosco
Server: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2015-05-15 14:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut the front door...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Vanya_Clogs
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Fosco said: »

Damn those are nice..................

*** now to rework all the sets again!
[+]
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-06-02 04:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Leviathan.Fosco said: »

Damn those are nice..................

*** now to rework all the sets again!

Looks like you will have to add the Vanya Hood as well, we finally got an upgrade to Iaso Mitra, Healing skill wise.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-04 18:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

is it known whether the Cure Potency (450 CP) gift is standard potency, or Potency II? trying to figure out how best to gear my mule.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-04 19:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
is it known whether the Cure Potency (450 CP) gift is standard potency, or Potency II? trying to figure out how best to gear my mule.

Don't forget SE's cant translate for ***, the Japanese I believe consider potency, the part of he formula we call "Base Power" which isn't a % and damn near negligible (worth like 3 MND, it's an estimated figure but it's more to illustrate).
[+]
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-06-05 00:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this but I was wondering if I am currently at a hard cap on cures.

Because it is not making any difference in HP healed either I use Gendewitha Caubeen +1 or Vanya Hood Rank 7 (aka 12 Healing skill).

My healing magic skill with Gendewitha is 546, with Vanya goes to 558, both sets are the exact same only the headpiece changing and both are 50% cure potency ( the 6% from gendewitha augment was already 6% past cap).

Current set (old had gendewitha Caubeen +1)
ItemSet 335738
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2015-06-05 00:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What does cure potency II do?
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-06-05 00:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure potency II Go over the 50% Cure potency Cap.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-06-05 01:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf was away from FFXI for three and a half months... :(

Now Skjalf is catching up. Lots of things to do -- lots of nice things to get still. Saw that the melee sets weren't up-to-date in this guide. Techine set is awesome! ^.^

ItemSet 331234

ItemSet 335604

Here are Skjalf's Techine augments thus far (WIP):

:S Wish SE gave us a Mog Wardrobe 2 so more Telchine sets could be made. Like maybe a Flash Nova set with Mag. Atk. Bonus and Double Attack augments. :)
Just got Deliverance +1 today finally. Nice shield. ^^ Maybe will use Backlash torque with it... but will probably stick with Asperity necklace / Tlamiztli collar.

-Skjalf :3
[+]
 Unicorn.Alasen
Server: Unicorn
user: Alasen
By Unicorn.Alasen 2015-06-05 03:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If it says cure potency +3% then it means 3%
If it says cure potency +3 then it means literally only 3 hp
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-07 23:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
Skjalf was away from FFXI for three and a half months... :(

Now Skjalf is catching up. Lots of things to do -- lots of nice things to get still. Saw that the melee sets weren't up-to-date in this guide. Techine set is awesome! ^.^

ItemSet 331234

ItemSet 335604

Here are Skjalf's Techine augments thus far (WIP):

:S Wish SE gave us a Mog Wardrobe 2 so more Telchine sets could be made. Like maybe a Flash Nova set with Mag. Atk. Bonus and Double Attack augments. :)
Just got Deliverance +1 today finally. Nice shield. ^^ Maybe will use Backlash torque with it... but will probably stick with Asperity necklace / Tlamiztli collar.

No breaks allowed! Are nodes not working for anyone else?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-08 12:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
te | Reply | Report | Score: 1 +

I can't edit mine atm for reasons, It may be an update bug on Firefox
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-06-21 03:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a rough estimate of what Janniston Ring actually added to their Cure 3 and 4? Been starring at these ring options for 2 days and just can't decide. Whm is... I dunno... it feels useless to upgrade. I'm never in a situation where I ever have to play the job efficiently. MP is never an issue, the amount of HP cured is never an issue because we never run out of MP, and there's rarely ever a point to not over curing in the first place. So unless this extra 5% is adding a significant amount of cureskin, I feel I'd benefit from something as trivial as -DT, even on Whm.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-21 04:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

MELEE STUFF

Played around with an Onca Suit build yet? The DEX is around average mage 119 pieces but you basically get +31ACC and +36ATK per slot used up. Will need Haste+1or3% Augment on Telch head depending if you use a Hasty Pinion +1. You could also use a belt with Haste but I'd prefer Olseni Belt or Eschan Stone.

The Behemoth is the easiest Escha T3 also, so it's not that hard to get.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-06-24 12:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
Anyone have a rough estimate of what Janniston Ring actually added to their Cure 3 and 4? Been starring at these ring options for 2 days and just can't decide. Whm is... I dunno... it feels useless to upgrade. I'm never in a situation where I ever have to play the job efficiently. MP is never an issue, the amount of HP cured is never an issue because we never run out of MP, and there's rarely ever a point to not over curing in the first place. So unless this extra 5% is adding a significant amount of cureskin, I feel I'd benefit from something as trivial as -DT, even on Whm.
I had to pick the Thurandaut for my SMN, but if I were going to pick a ring for WHM, it would probably be the refresh/sublimation ring.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-24 21:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Asura.Cambion said: »
I had to pick the Thurandaut for my SMN, but if I were going to pick a ring for WHM, it would probably be the refresh/sublimation ring.

None of those rings are required as a healer, pick thr Light Damage +10% and Holy ***to hell.
[+]
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-07-22 09:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Krystela, i'm experiencing the same. I'm getting a cap on cures.
C3 for 573HP
C4 for 1044HP
adding more mnd/skill does nothing
it used to be 600+/1100+
It better be a bug :'(
 Asura.Saphyne
user: saphy
By Asura.Saphyne 2015-07-22 20:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SE did adjust janniston ring/glorious earring semi-recently as they were healing for more than they were supposed to, are you using those items?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-23 01:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Ganno performed some tests swapping in and out gear with MND and Healing Skill, and from his tests it's quite clear there's a cap on how high they can affect the amount of HP healed by Cure Spells, at least C3 and C4.
There wasn't such a cap before, either it's a ninja nerf from SE or it's a bug caused by something else.

Regardless of the reason, someone should make an official bug report (with all details and stuff) on the Official forums.
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-23 01:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
No, Ganno performed some tests swapping in and out gear with MND and Healing Skill, and from his tests it's quite clear there's a cap on how high they can affect the amount of HP healed by Cure Spells, at least C3 and C4.
There wasn't such a cap before, either it's a ninja nerf from SE or it's a bug caused by something else.

Regardless of the reason, someone should make an official bug report (with all details and stuff) on the Official forums.

Oh yeah I am suppose to test this too. Thanks for the reminder. Ganno asked me too but I have not jumped on whm for awhile since got my Idris done...guess its time to dust off whm gear..I will have to try this and let you know how it goes for me as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 95 96 97