Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-10-07 08:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Entrust allows a second indi on a party member, allowing you to run:

Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO

...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it.

I can only imagine the fun out of party strats people are going to do like they already do with bard.

If you got lucky with Random Deal I wonder if you could do another Entrust-Indi on another person in the same party.
[+]
By Zoltar 2014-10-07 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

From the sounds of it, seems like PLD or RUN + RNG Party will do well on the new fights. I'm sure typical parties will still do just fine
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-10-07 09:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Flueret 99 119 Rare Ex D119 De224 ACC+27 MACC+15 MDAM+90 EVA+13 SwordSkill+228 ParrySkill+228 EnhMagSkill+10 EnfMagSkill+10 MaccSkill+188 OccultAcumen+30 WAR RDM PLD BRD DRG COR DNC
This is actually from last update.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-07 09:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

From Ifrit
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-07 09:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Accession Firestorm, {Can I have it?}
By Selindrile 2014-10-07 10:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think I care enough to deal with inventory-1 and an added set in everything to be a TP back piece if weather is on.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-07 10:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaoriasada said: »
Have they even acknowledged the glitch with T5 in Yorcia Weald delve in previous updates? It wasn't mentioned in the notes, I know it hasn't been fixed, and it seems like it's a bigger deal than some of the updates that were done or the things that were mentioned as being problematic. /sigh

They also need to look at the glitch in Incursion where you can get hit with encumbrance have the system indicate it wore off but the client can't equip weapons until after they are encumbered a second time.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-07 10:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done Dyna with the new Step recast?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-07 10:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Thinking about this step update, with Terpsichore I can generate 40 FMs/min while building steps with optimal efficiency (38/min average).

I can spend the most Flourishes/minute by using:
Flourishes I: 4 FM/min (2x Animated)
Flourishes II: 18 FM/min (6x Building)
Flourishes III: 4 FM/min (2x Striking)

What do I do with the extra 12 FM/min? Even without Terpsichore I'd only exactly be able to spend the number of FMs I'd make.

I guess I just have to conclude that SE wants Step recast to be a total non-issue now. They don't want it to be something that limits our playstyle. Other than that, this change is pretty inconsequential.
What do you feel is worth incurring JA delay for if your group can live without you incurring dps loss to cap steps?
I do alot of bc on Difficult with dancer and buffs are pretty heavy so it feels like anything but boxstep to feed my own FM/Flourish needs to self sc or pull tp for AM3 isnt needed.

For most fight I parse the best when I just focus on maintaining AM3 and don't step/flourish unless my RF is off cooldown to self skillchain.

Sometimes I do a random stacked rudra like this where I bunch up a bunch of JA use at one time:
have 3+ FM's already->Climactic->Presto->Feather Step->Building->Rudra's.
I usually do this before I need to build back to 3k tp to refresh AM3.

Well, long story short is that it depends how long the monster lives and how high their Defense was to start with. 23% Defense Down is pretty huge when stacked with other sources of Defense Down. If your party is going to benefit from it and the fight is going to be long (>2.5 minutes) then it makes sense to blitz it up to max level about as fast as you can (perhaps without wasting FMs). I only logged in this morning to test Flourishes III and FM wasting wasn't really an issue in the past, so I'm not really sure how fast I will eventually feel is most efficient.

Here is some analysis I did while ignoring FM wasting:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44542-Dev1235-Job-Adjustments?p=527299&viewfull=1#post527299
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-07 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

With a 5 second recast would you be able to maintain all 4 dazes on a mob?
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2014-10-07 10:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how long until the Bomb core/ P.P arrow issue makes a comeback and NINs start asking for a infinite use shuriken.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-10-07 11:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, Woe isn't giving xp/cp. So that's nice..
Oh, and Whispering Wind isn't curing me, just my pet. :/
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-10-07 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Noxzema said: »
Wonder how long until the Bomb core/ P.P arrow issue makes a comeback and NINs start asking for a infinite use shuriken.
Honestly, anyone who even thinks SE will give them an infinite use shuriken is intellectually challenged and should probably stop playing this game.

I can see, at best, an ability that allows a free attack shuriken-free, like Unlimited Shot, but nothing beyond that; they would give it to Ranger before Ninja.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-10-07 11:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Honestly, anyone who even thinks SE will give them an infinite use shuriken is intellectually challenged and should probably stop playing this game.

I can see, at best, an ability that allows a free attack shuriken-free, like Unlimited Shot, but nothing beyond that; they would give it to Ranger before Ninja.

It should be unlimited from the beginning. It's not like it makes ninja overpowered or anything. If we didn't already have to carry around Consumables then I might agree, but I think the Dev dropped the ball here. Would RNG cry about it if ninja got unlimited ammo ?
It hardly the same thing and has no effect on a RNG period....NI still won't get any love in endgame.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-07 11:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the update, I think it's fair to say that it's time samurai got access to higher ilvl arrows. Other melee jobs can now equip 115 ammo, and we're stuck with 107 garbage.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 11:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ammos should all just be boomerang-esque.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-07 11:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

sam's on eminent arrows
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 11:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Honestly, anyone who even thinks SE will give them an infinite use shuriken is intellectually challenged and should probably stop playing this game. I can see, at best, an ability that allows a free attack shuriken-free, like Unlimited Shot, but nothing beyond that; they would give it to Ranger before Ninja.
It should be unlimited from the beginning. It's not like it makes ninja overpowered or anything. If we didn't already have to carry around Consumables then I might agree, but I think the Dev dropped the ball here. Would RNG cry about it if ninja got unlimited ammo ? It hardly the same thing and has no effect on a RNG period....NI still won't get any love in endgame.

Idk about Unlimited Shot for Ninja. Its not the same as RNG, or COR. They consume ammo as their main source of damage; Ninjas its supplemental. Giving them an ability or JT that allows them to have infinite ammo doesn't seem like that makes much logical sense.

I could, however, see NTE working with Consuming Shurikens less. Shurikens are Ninja tools, technically (although not by the game's lore), so they should add a slot for NTE to include Ninja-Only ammunition. But giving ninjas an unlimited supply of ammunition, where this is nothing more than an additional attack, is really silly.

Honestly, I think Daken should be something like....Recycle, where it increases in potency per level, but instead (since it doesnt consume shurikens), it could be proc %+ as levels go up. Maybe a Job Point Category that enhances Daken process rate. Or Allow Daken to deal double damage occasionally, or throw two at once. I mean, the possibilities are endless. But no ninja should have unlimited shurikens.
 Leviathan.Jackieolivas
user: Rahziela
By Leviathan.Jackieolivas 2014-10-07 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

That seems about as close to a "full-time" piece as BRD can get. Definitely my first target from this update.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-07 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
sam's on eminent arrows

Oh, nice! I somehow missed those. Doh! When were they added? edit: do they really have no skill/acc/anything?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-07 11:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Entrust allows a second indi on a party member, allowing you to run: Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO ...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it. I can only imagine the fun out of party strats people are going to do like they already do with bard.
If you got lucky with Random Deal I wonder if you could do another Entrust-Indi on another person in the same party.

Man, idk if this would work. Can someone from the GEO community test this? Cant play FFXI for a bit, so I'd really like to see how effective this could be. It would essentially allow CORs + GEOs to cheat, by prebuffing with Bolster/2 Indis, and then WC for an additional (and new bolster). That would indeed be game breaking imo, but would make GEO a REALLY good prebuffer.

One could Bolster > EntrIndi (COR RD) > EntrIndi and then drop party before someone enters battlefield. Yes I know its only 3minutes, but for those 2:30 or so, you're a demigod.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-10-07 11:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jackieolivas said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »

That seems about as close to a "full-time" piece as BRD can get. Definitely my first target from this update.
was thinking the exact opposite, you need bihu feet+1 for nightingale and they have the same casttime-, they're on feet so you can't take advantage of the regen in idle unless you want to give up movement speed or swap idle when not moving, best case scenario 16 m.acc below artsieq path b.. only thing i can see it being used for is debuffs on old content for the recast

Quote:
Oh, nice! I somehow missed those. Doh! When were they added?
5~ months ago iirc, 5k sparks/stack but at least sam uses ranged relatively rarely so not too bad to keep some around.. no they don't have any supplementary stats(though none of the ammo has skill, it's on the ranged weapon)
 Asura.Tehshiarua
By Asura.Tehshiarua 2014-10-07 12:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Entrust allows a second indi on a party member, allowing you to run: Indi, Entrust-Indi, GEO ...all at the same time. Also, you can use Entrust, pop an indi on someone, and then leave party. They will keep it. I can only imagine the fun out of party strats people are going to do like they already do with bard.

Man, idk if this would work. Can someone from the GEO community test this? Cant play FFXI for a bit, so I'd really like to see how effective this could be. It would essentially allow CORs + GEOs to cheat, by prebuffing with Bolster/2 Indis, and then WC for an additional (and new bolster). That would indeed be game breaking imo, but would make GEO a REALLY good prebuffer.

One could Bolster > EntrIndi (COR RD) > EntrIndi and then drop party before someone enters battlefield. Yes I know its only 3minutes, but for those 2:30 or so, you're a demigod.

According to the Dev Tracker it was stated Bolster and Geomancy+ skill gear doesn't work on entrusted colures, though it does state that JA refreshment will let you entrust more than one.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-07 12:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea not sure why they think we would like to do battlefields over and over with possible no gains. I remember I wasted several nights on ouryu getting nothing. Unless they throw in a damage 280 great katana I'm staying away from these battlefields. Or if I need chapters.

I like the Job adjustments tho.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-10-07 12:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Quote:
Oh, nice! I somehow missed those. Doh! When were they added?
5~ months ago iirc, 5k sparks/stack but at least sam uses ranged relatively rarely so not too bad to keep some around.. no they don't have any supplementary stats(though none of the ammo has skill, it's on the ranged weapon)

Yeah, I see that it was the June update. I think I've only done like one or two bee runs since then, and one of those I used Stardiver with good results, so I didn't miss too much.
By Heimdel 2014-10-07 12:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok how do you start A Forbidden Reunion quest for atmos?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-07 12:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SP gobbie keys really?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-07 12:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some interesting accessories and side grades. The new hands look really nice for both Blue and Rune.
By Fasaga 2014-10-07 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly, SE's answer to warrior is berserk +5% and...

ItemSet 329323

edit: Spoiler not working?