Any Ideas Why This Is Happening? (cant Connect To Network)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Any ideas why this is happening? (cant connect to network)
Any ideas why this is happening? (cant connect to network)
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-10 15:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my old xbox 360 broke so i bought an elite, and its been great except for randomly disconecting from my home network meaning i dc from ffxi, its not to do with my router as my laptop and everything else is still fine, i never had this problem with my old xbox and im using the same wireless adapter thing on the back as i used to. When i "test connection" when i do connect again it comes up with a red bar meaning a weak connection so that must be the reason i disconect randomly and cant connect for a while after.

Would be very handy to hear if anyone knows why its happening and anything i can try to help it!

Thanks
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-10 16:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Try with a Ethernet cable and see what happens. If you are using wireless, there's always the chance of losing connection.

I prefer to use the ethernet cable over the wireless on xbox for ffxi.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-08-10 16:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

suppose i could plug it into my laptop which isnt tooo far away, in same room at least ut thats connected wirelesly too... maybe picks up better connection though
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-10 16:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you are going to use the same connection the laptop uses by hooking up the laptop to the xbox than the router, don't forget to bridge the connection with the wireless and ethernet cable connection.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-10 17:06:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

May not be able to bridge the LAN and wireless LAN. Most laptops have a network precedence. I tried once, but it didn't work because my wireless connection dropped because wired card took precedence.

I suggest you either move the xbox around a bit or the router for better centralization in the place. I run wireless for my Elite and I've had a signal problem until I made sure the antennas were straight up and moved the router to more central place.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-08-10 17:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can with a built in wireless. I do it when I go to a hotel with my xbox and laptop. :P
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-10 17:16:17
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I must be buying the wrong laptops >.> Got an XPS and it says it cannot bridge the connections. Most places I stop at have Lan plug in the wall so I never had to worry.

Low signal strength is due to interference of some kind. Neighbor's wireless, electronics, physical barriers and such. I try to keep my router and modem away from clusters of wires/cables and more by themselves.