Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 15:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why they make wsd only affect the first hits? Like multi hit ws are already at a disadvantage by having their ftp split between hits. Like overwhelm's 23% on a 8.0 ftp Fudo compared to 30% trait on the first hit of a 0.75 ftp Stardiver.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-10-10 15:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To diversify how we gear for different WS.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 15:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, I'll be doing more testing after I get home from work to make sure.

It lines up with what was said in the digest, so I'm not too surprised.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-10-10 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mileage varies, but this was with Wilt/Frailty, Cor Rolls and Ulmia for BRD (was a 5 man group).

edit: don't know if he was using Trish or Shining One. He was alternating fights with them for testing.
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-10-10 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Craver is weak to piercing ^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 16:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I’m mistaken, doesn’t craver take an additional 50% piercing damage?
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea craver does.
 Shiva.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-10-10 16:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that was the point ^^ we were dicking around in Omen in a 5 man.
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Only buffs were cor chaos and frailty. And dia too.
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For minimal buffs did very good i think.
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Had impulses with same setup landing between 40-90k on kin as well.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-10 16:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The contrast between DRG WS dmg and wyvern breath dmg becomes increasingly stark. That little 702 flame breath. <,<
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea for sure man. Drg is in a good place after this buff. Id say with that spirit bond this also allows drg to be much more viable on master trials as well. Like the iroha one where she basically nuked the wybwrn to death and your mostly force feeding it dawn mulsems.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 16:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He's trying his best! God I wish they made tier 2 breaths or something.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 16:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How does that skill work? Is it just Cover but for your Wyvern?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-10-10 16:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I kinda wish I could just turn offensive breaths off in return for a minor buff to the DRG. Or maybe just have the option to switch them off at all. There are times when you don't want any breath dmg on the mob. /absorbs, etc.

Anyone recall the raptor NM from Morimar delve? Would go nuts if you did any magic/breath dmg at all. Being told I either had to dismiss my wyvern, or just not WS during early delve did not feel good.

Still, assuming full wyvern HP and no resist, and extra ~1k per WS is not a bad thing. Making it max wyvern HP would be a nice change though...
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wyvern is still taking some damage, and I dont think i am taking the full damage that it sends my way unless its not really sending that much. Easily tanked kin with a dt set on not sure how bad it was on the whm but no fears of the aoes killing me cuz my wyvern was taking mega damage, which it was cuz it did fall down less than half in between job abilities of the breath and spirit links. also the breaths to the wyvern do not seem to heal it as much as it heals you. that or it is a split breath and the extra or half goes to it. but i dont know exactly was more focused on the nice numbers.
By Crossbones 2019-10-10 16:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just spend an hour and some change CPing in dho on apex crabs and bats. Buffs were min min march, sam / chaos, geo fury and indi haste. Gonna mainly talk about the crabs since bats are weak to pierce and don't really count. Most of my sets are BiS, im missing val body with WSD aug, relic hands, and a WSD cape, weapon was lolR1 Trish.

SD seemed tot avg around the 30k range. The interesting thing was the spikes which hit for over 50k. Now, I'm not a career DRG or anything so I dunno if a MA spike was almost this much of a diff, but it seems to me this might confirm or at least add creedence to the WSD boost applying to all hits.

Hilariously, sonic thrusts were doing 18-34k. I could probably add another 30% WSD with the missing gear I listed for even more lulz. I've got bits in my chat log where I hit 4+ mobs with it for well over 100k total dmg. Also is great that it self SCs for distorion (wish you could AoE SC). By the end of the CP session I was sitting at 5k dps + 2k SC dps and this is without max buffs and me tabbing over a bunch to multi box.

This update seems to really solidify DRG in a top DPS spot. What little they suffered in lack of dps compared to war/sam/drk is now almost certainly made up for. Their wyvern staying alive is now much easier although I wish they would have just given DRG a way to call a weakened wyvern like PUP can since most of the time I lose wyvern due to me dying or getting charmed rather than wyvern dying. What really sets them apart is their ability to accumulate very little enmity which goes a long way in wave 3 where a DPS death cost is significant considering you have to put allllll those buffs back on in addition to losing time doing dmg.

Now the question remains how to maximize DRGs DPS. Is it RP15 Trish? Empy? Shiny one?
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 16:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bgwiki says spirit bond is 3 min duration 1 min recast, is that so?

I wish they got rid of elemental aspect of breaths and just made it a non elemental breath entirely like spirits within or something make it completely inresistavle, given its crap accuracy and terrible damage in most situations.
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Its goannanbe r15 trish im betting
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that is how it worked for me highwynn. Able to easily fulltime it.
 Asura.Brylan
By Asura.Brylan 2019-10-10 16:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Now the question remains how to maximize DRGs DPS. Is it RP15 Trish? Empy? Shiny one?
What about Ryu? ; ;
 Quetzalcoatl.Moink
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Moink
By Quetzalcoatl.Moink 2019-10-10 16:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes... because that's what SE stated the recast/duration was on the patch notes.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-10-10 16:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Okay, ill bite, whats your gear with this and what were your buffs? lol

Lol. This was with just geo buffs (fury + frailty). My set was:

Main="Shining One",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+29','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+10','Attack+10',}},
body="Dagon Breastplate",
hands="Pteroslaver finger gauntlets +3",
legs="Vishap Brais +3",
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}},

Not sure how optimal that set is for 3k impulse drive with shining one, not something i've tried to optimize much.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Is that just one cherry picked out of a few? What was the average looking like.

Niqmadu Proc, full crits, etc?

It wasn't worth holding TP just to see those numbers.

Yeah dude of course it's a cherry pick! It was actually the 3rd impulse i tried before I shared it, but it wasnt average after a while (80k was very common in same situation). I wouldnt say it's lackluster personally. Is it the best weapon? I dont think so.. as you say it's a big hit but alot of TP holding. Under the same buffs and on apex bats, drakes was hitting 50k fairly often (Ryu R5). I hit several 70k stardivers (effective 3k tp), but the average was lower than this.

From my bit of testing (sorry community, did not record numbers) it seems drakes and stardiver are buffed more than what I would expect from traditional/gear-based first hit wsd+. I dont think I saw Camlann's do much more than 40k. Savage blade was doing 50-60k at 3k tp with naegling for the record.

Based on this I feel like the polearm hierachy may remain unchanged, but i'll wait for some real testing before pouring astrals into one over another.
By Ozaii 2019-10-10 16:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would make trish and the shining one. Simply because for the straight up zergs or ws spams trish will probably win for you. And for the ones that require a little bit more finese like glassy thinker and kin a impulse here and there will probably do alot better.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2019-10-10 16:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone test spirit bond on aoe attacks or does it only work on direct attacks? Does it increase damage you take from the aoe but lessen how much it does to the wyvern? Wondering how it works, maybe test on 1000 needles or do some super jumps and let wyverm tank and see if you take damage instead?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-10 16:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brylan said: »
Crossbones said: »
What about Ryu? ; ;
It does more for Ryu than it does for Trishula.

Assuming it does apply to all hits.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-10 16:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
Okay, ill bite, whats your gear with this and what were your buffs? lol

Lol. This was with just geo buffs (fury + frailty). My set was:

Main="Shining One",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+29','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+10','Attack+10',}},
body="Dagon Breastplate",
hands="Pteroslaver finger gauntlets +3",
legs="Vishap Brais +3",
feet="Sulev. Leggings +2",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Brigantia's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}},

Not sure how optimal that set is for 3k impulse drive with shining one, not something i've tried to optimize much.

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Is that just one cherry picked out of a few? What was the average looking like.

Niqmadu Proc, full crits, etc?

It wasn't worth holding TP just to see those numbers.

Yeah dude of course it's a cherry pick! It was actually the 3rd impulse i tried before I shared it, but it wasnt average after a while (80k was very common in same situation). I wouldnt say it's lackluster personally. Is it the best weapon? I dont think so.. as you say it's a big hit but alot of TP holding. Under the same buffs and on apex bats, drakes was hitting 50k fairly often (Ryu R5). I hit several 70k stardivers (effective 3k tp), but the average was lower than this.

From my bit of testing (sorry community, did not record numbers) it seems drakes and stardiver are buffed more than what I would expect from traditional/gear-based first hit wsd+. I dont think I saw Camlann's do much more than 40k. Savage blade was doing 50-60k at 3k tp with naegling for the record.

Based on this I feel like the polearm hierachy may remain unchanged, but i'll wait for some real testing before pouring astrals into one over another.

Only thing Id do different is Str/wsdmg valor feet. Drop a few wsdmg for more crit dmg. Even then its a toss up.

I was surprised at Drakes not sucking so bad anymore. Especially nice since its used for double lights.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-10-10 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ozaii said: »
I would make trish and the shining one. Simply because for the straight up zergs or ws spams trish will probably win for you. And for the ones that require a little bit more finese like glassy thinker and kin a impulse here and there will probably do alot better.

I would agree with this - if I was starting drg now I would say make shining one then work on r15 trish, based on the fact I believe trish r15 is going to be the best in more situations than relic/mythic/empy. Still keen to see some real data/numbers though
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-10-10 16:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brylan said: »
Quote:
What about Ryu? ; ;

Trishula is still king. Stardiver is the best WS we have. TP Bonus / STP is what DRG lives on.

REMA heirarchy @ R15 using currently known BiS sets.
1 > Trishula [Stardiver]
2 > (-2.78%) Ryunohige [Drakesbane]
3 > (-3.8% / -6.58%) Rhongomiant [Camlann's Torment]
4 > (-4.2% / -10.78%) Gungnir [Geirskogul]

I'll re-run these numbers when more accurate information is known about the WSD properties of the wyvern vs the trait. I've included the 21% only in these numbers.

These numbers were within predictable expectation.

Asura.Veikur said: »
It does more for Ryu than it does for Trishula.
Assuming it does apply to all hits.

I'd like to know more about what part actually transfers to all hits. My physical testing was getting inconsistent results on Drakesbane. Please elaborate when you find out more as it may change my above numbers in ways I didn't foresee.
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 110 111 112