Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 110 111 112
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-12-27 15:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They will make jumps work like maneuvers. My dad works at SE
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-12-27 15:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Reichleiu said: »
Seeing as "Jump" would mainly be used to gain a quick burst of TP, it's an offensive buff too

But splitting Jump timers would also have a big effect on Fly High.. so I doubt that's what SE is doing. Having 4 jumps, all on their own timer, would effectively let DRG Jump > Ws, Jump > WS without any delay at all for 30 seconds straight. I can't imagine SE would do that.

I think you havent been playing DRG for a while (me too tbh, but I think my memory is good in that aspect).
Spirit and Soul jump gets huge boost to TP gain (x2 and x3), but Jump and High Jump have regular TP return, so offensively they give you nothing in capped haste scenario, because just auto attacking is faster than taking JA delay in your face. So the only real bonus in capped haste scenario is mainly ability to use high jump often to reset most of hate.

There are equipment pieces that give you TP bonuses to all jumps and while JA delay still hurts your autoattacks, from a raw DPS perspective I don't know if you're missing out too much (esp with AF2+3). Also don't forget the Brigantia Back has DA+20% which helps offset the JA delay a bit on average.

It might still be better to not use regular Jumps but the margin isn't as wide as it seems.
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-27 19:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see why it would be worse.

Higher multi attack rate than auto attacking.

Higher raw damage even without the relic body.

Higher tp/hit than auto attacks.

Better Fly High.
By SimonSes 2018-12-28 02:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Trishula has 492 delay. So with capped haste it's reduced to ~99. That's a lot less than 2 sec from ja delay, There are few pieces that give additional tp on jumps, but its like less than 100 tp total afaik. For jump to be beneficial over auto attacking you would need to be sure that it will give you enough tp to ws and it will still be very marginal gain because of inability to WS for a second. When you search for ja delay on bg wiki, high jump is actually listed there as an example of ability that doesnt give much or anything in high haste scenario. I guess you would gain offensive power in fights where you was using high jump anyway for reducing hate, because then you will be able to also use soul jump.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-28 06:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

.36 seconds isn't a lot of time. At all. You'd lose an auto attack worth of time after 4.5 jumps/high jumps.

That only matters if jump and high jump dont have anything over auto attacks though. Which isn't the case.
By SimonSes 2018-12-28 07:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
.36 seconds isn't a lot of time. At all. You'd lose an auto attack worth of time after 4.5 jumps/high jumps.

That only matters if jump and high jump dont have anything over auto attacks though. Which isn't the case.

Offensively they have almost nothing. The advantage they have almost even out with being 20% slower than attack round. Especially that its still a pretty long cooldown. Dont get me wrong, it will be very marginal DPS increase in capped scenario but its nothing to be excite about. Being able to use high jump often for hate reset is much more important.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-12-28 08:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to use high jump often for hate reset is much more important.

This is much more important. You lose weaponskills when super-jumped which affects your bottom line.

Also, I've seen decent damage out of jump/high jump, shouldn't count them as a loss - especially in a high buff scenario. At worst, they do more damage than a white hit and generate more TP.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-28 12:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Offensively they have almost nothing.
Auto+Auto = 3.28
1941+1941 = 3882 = 1183 DPS
262 + 262 = 524 = 159 TPPS

Jump+Auto = 3.64
4018+2122+1941 = 8081 = 2220 DPS (46.8% stronger)
371 + 262 = 633 = 173 TPPS (8.1% higher)

HighJump+Auto = 3.64
1941+2122+1941 = 6004 = 1649 DPS (28.3% stronger)
371 + 262 = 633 = 173 TPPS (8.1% higher)

With Trishula, on average, a 4.3% stronger Stardiver.

This isn't accounting for multi attack rates, which favor Jumps because they flat out have more.

Nor SAM roll, which also favors jumps because they flat out have a higher base TP/Hit.

Also Ryunohige would cause them to auto crit for even more damage.

But yeah, totally, A L M O S T N O T H I N G.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-28 15:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget that you can also use JA for only 1 second of delay when paired with another JA, so there are other opportunities to use them for higher benefit. This is especially true if recasts are adjusted to any meaningful extent or spirit/soul are seperated from base jumps.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-28 16:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This is almost nothing. That's what.. 2000 extra damage and 8% higher TP return once, resulting in 4% stronger WS once per 50 sec for jump and even less extra damage once per 100 sec for High Jump? THAT IS ALMOST NOTHING. It's like maybe 1% increase in total DPS with Jump and 0.4% with High Jump (and you probably want to use that one strategically too, not whenever its off cooldown). 10% increase I would call a solid boost to DRG DPS, but 1.4%?

I guess it would be a little more increase for Fly High, so there is that.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-28 17:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You clearly haven't been part of the theory crafting end of this game for too long. There have been figurative wars over partial percentages of damage gain.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-12-28 21:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The bygone days of Dunes vs Fumas before parsers existed and eyeballing alone was the only metric. Does brutal go in left or right ear? what about rajas?

takes me back... snow, uphill.. both ways.. robber crabs attacking us constantly and we didn't have dispel...

the good times. we hated loved those times.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-28 21:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

fuma > dune, brutal left, rajas right.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-28 21:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Aces helm vs walahra turban was one of my favorites.

4 str, 3 att, 7 acc vs 1 haste

Next to no difference in either direction unless you were horrendously acc starved. Argued over it for days though.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-28 22:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Let's not forget that you can also use JA for only 1 second of delay when paired with another JA, so there are other opportunities to use them for higher benefit. This is especially true if recasts are adjusted to any meaningful extent or spirit/soul are seperated from base jumps.
Didn't actually know this. Does that apply to JA -> WS too?
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-01-02 14:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE was smart, they would unlink Jump/Spirit Jump and High Jump/Soul Jump and let us have them as 4 distinct abilites. Why? Look at other DPS jobs and the crazy self-buffs and *** they get. Cool, we get Wyvern passive buffs, but in terms of ***to do other than WS when available, we don't have as many JAs to use in our menu as other jobs and most of our actions come from /SAM or /WAR anyway.

SE put a hardcap of 13 JAs in your menu for your main job, so of those: Spirit Link, Deep Breathing(lol), Ancient Circle, Steady Wing, Dragon Breaker, 2 non-buffed jumps, and our 2 SP abilities. Combined that's 9 of our 13 job abilites that get almost no use in most fights. Compare that to all the buffs and skills WAR/DRK/SAM/MNK/DNC/THF get to use in combat that directly buff their damage output.

Unlinking the jumps would be like giving us 2 extra job abilities. I really hate the conditional nature of Spirit/Soul Jump and hate how they share recasts. Like imagine if Sekkanoki and Meditate shared a timer, or Berserk and Blood Rage, etc. This would increase our delay because of the 2s universal GCD delay from JAs but the damage and TP could be worth it if they make a few adjustments, also with all the multihit gear and traits we have now, that concern is less so, except at capped attack speed I believe? Might even make Ryunohige worthwhile again?
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-02 18:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

With relic+3, both are a significant gain. Without, jump is still definitely worth. High jump is dependant on tp overflow or enmity reduction overcoming a 117 dps difference, compared to a basic auto attack.

EDIT: Ryunohige is tied as our second best weapon according to Austars sims. But they don't account for jumps last I knew. Which should favor Ryu. Especially if we get split timers.

EDIT Again: Damage alone is ~72 DPS in Ryu's favor. Which eats up nearly half of Trishula's lead on Ryunohige. Can't be assed to try to work out overflow gain.

Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-04 10:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on R15 Gungnir?

Geirskogul with 60% WSDMG does look nice. It would even put all of the WSDMG gear we can wear to use. The aftermath isn't too bad either.

So 60% WSDMG on the weapon skill itself. +10 PDL from a +2 neck, and around 60% WSDMG in gear.

My R15 catastrophe numbers have been nice. Geirskogul has a smidge more fTP in comparison.

The only downside is tp over flow doesn't do anything for it. But Stardiver can still be used.

Trishula is still probably better, but I'm just wondering if anyone has augmented reality polearm for shits and gifgles
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2019-01-04 12:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is that bonus damage to spirit/soul jump coming from? I thought Ryunohige didn't effect those.

edit: it's probably AM3. derp
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-04 12:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's AM3, yeah.

Gungnir's doesn't have much going for it. Other than having our strongest single hit weapon skill locked behind it. It's an augmented RMEA weapon though, so it's still leagues above everything non RMEA. Which is to say it's still more than good enough for everything the game has to offer.
By SimonSes 2019-01-04 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Thoughts on R15 Gungnir?

Geirskogul with 60% WSDMG does look nice. It would even put all of the WSDMG gear we can wear to use. The aftermath isn't too bad either.

So 60% WSDMG on the weapon skill itself. +10 PDL from a +2 neck, and around 60% WSDMG in gear.

My R15 catastrophe numbers have been nice. Geirskogul has a smidge more fTP in comparison.

The only downside is tp over flow doesn't do anything for it. But Stardiver can still be used.

Trishula is still probably better, but I'm just wondering if anyone has augmented reality polearm for shits and gifgles

Well I made a set and calculated Geirsk damage for you.

ItemSet 364252

Avg damage with capped attack and capped fSTR (fSTR might be hard to cap on harder things with this setup tho): 26989

That's a little better than 1000TP Stardiver with Trishula, but DRG has a lot of overtping going, so Stardiver would usually do more.
By Taint 2019-01-04 13:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on R15 Gungnir?

The bonuses are multiplied not added. So x1.68 for r15.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-04 23:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, we cannot get enough attack to actually take advantage of PDL +10% on the neck; unless you're talking about just doing lower level end game content.

The neck is basically just a wyvern survivability swap based on my tests on the wave 3 bosses. Fotia produces a higher average DPS/higher avg weaponskill damage.

I wouldn't spend the money to R15 gungnir. You're better off spending that money to buy an aeonic or build your ryu.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-04 23:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on R15 Gungnir?

When jumps are up, you will hit 3k TP every time you jump in a high buff scenario. If you want to play with single-hits, Camlann's and Rhong are going to beat Gungnir in every way.

TP Overflow isn't even really a bad thing when you consider Camlann's ignores 62.5% defense at 3k TP.

This is actually something I want to test on the wave 3 boss - R15 Rhong, full STR/WSD build for Camlann's. It may in fact be possible to utilize the +2 neck and average higher DPS than Trishula/Stardiver.

In a flat out zerg, Trish/Ryu accel like Veikur was saying, but in a fight were you're not attack capped and you're fully buffed - I'm willing to bet that R15 Rhong would do some serious damage.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-04 23:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sold on the Camlann's aspect, that fTP is painful, but I can see Rhongo doing great in a drawn out fight or jumping from mob to mob. Saving TP to refresh AM3 is less detrimental.

Seeing data would be great though, if anyone wants to go through the hell of making a Rhongo.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-01-04 23:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sold on the Camlann's aspect, that fTP is painful, but I can see Rhongo doing great in a drawn out fight or jumping from mob to mob. Saving TP to refresh AM3 is less detrimental.

If you could get Camlann's average WS damage at 25-30k, it'd for sure beat trish on disjoined since Stardiver's average every time has been about 18k. I'll test it out tomorrow, I should be able to get a high WSD/STR set together to do some basic testing of damage capabilities.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-05 00:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd need WSC+Base+fSTR to hit ~998-1198 to put out those numbers. With the MA/WSDMG in the above set (with Karieyh +1 instead of Niqmaddu).

EDIT: I've got Camlann's doing 21059, on average, with capped fSTR (unlikely) and pDif.

EDIT again: Fighter's roll might push you near that 25k range. only an extra thousand or so.
By SimonSes 2019-01-05 04:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Btw, we cannot get enough attack to actually take advantage of PDL +10% on the neck; unless you're talking about just doing lower level end game content

Im sorry but this cant be true. Bolster frailty alone reduces daf on the mob by 83%. So even if somehow this mobs has 4000 def whhich they dont, they only left with 680 def after idris bolster frailty. That means you need 3000 attack to easily cap attack on them on drg ro cap pdif with neck and that kind of attack i can have on by brd during zerg and that was just frailty. You still have dia 2 boosted by cors, 20-33% def down from angon, ageha, blu spella etc. and possibly box steps. With all that you could probably cap attack even on some 10000 def mob.

So you dont use full debuffa or there is some dt going on if you cant hit high enough numbers. But i remember doing jeuno wave 3 boss on my brd and o was hitting full damage rudras no problem.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-05 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancy potency is cut by 75% on Divergence bosses.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-01-05 08:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreeing with Simon, you can definitely cap pdif with the neck just takes good support and maybe some 1hr depending on the content. Saying it can't be done was a silly statement, or maybe we just misinterpreted what he was going for.

I have an R15 Rhon. You will never see 25k Camlann's averages - and if you were it's a clear sign you should be stardivering instead.

I plan on R15 my Gungnir once Rhon and Trish are both complete. I agree with the sentiment that in not capped pdif situations it will perform well. I also like Gungnir for things like Dyanamis where you are attacking multiple mobs, lots of opportunity for the defense down procs to add party dps.

I have had both Gungnir and Rhon for quite a while. Geirskogul has always been stronger than Camlann's, and that was before R15. The issue is no matter what weapon you are using, they are weaker than Stardiver. So they are just for AM and skillchain linking. You still want them to do as much damage as possible, but they aren't going to have large impacts on DPS. In only very niche situations would you ever spam them (I remember using Camlann's once on Ony because Stardiver would have linked with someone else's skillchain - and had we even considered that before we showed up to kill it I would have not even come on DRG)
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 110 111 112