Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-07 00:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Dathus said: »
For those of you who're higher up on the DRG totem pole - How accurate are Spicyryan's builds on BGwiki? I am still working on some progression while dealing with other stuff, so just curious as to how close he is to the "best" builds.

Yes, they're up to date and accurate.
By SimonSes 2023-09-07 02:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk I don't really like those sets. They are kinda controversial for my taste.

Vim torque in almost all max sets, which obviously isn't an option for some fights. Xhit builds with max buffs? So what samurai roll they expect? None? Wouldn't that make lots of sacrifices for enough sTP useless in many cases?
Tp sets are very glassy, DT hybrid set has DT but low meva and meva set is full meva. The guide kinda lacks the middle ground TP sets that you would really use in end game, but I guess it could be nature of most guides.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2023-09-07 08:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont know why vim torque isnt an option, regen 4 covers the hp loss.

I used the jump sets, then picked bits from most of the other sets with regard to TP, ws, and hybrid. I do not take the sets in any guide as the end all be all and tweak them based on my personal needs and playstyle. Guides are just that, a guide, not a stringent set of instructions.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-07 09:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bizarro said: »

Or, phrased another way: it eats up your entire Regen IV

I used the jump sets, then picked bits from most of the other sets with regard to TP, ws, and hybrid. I do not take the sets in any guide as the end all be all and tweak them based on my personal needs and playstyle. Guides are just that, a guide, not a stringent set of instructions.

I agree with this philosophy, and it's good that you've done this, but I think a lot of people view guides more as: "Get all the gear in these sets, put them in your lua, and your DRG is done"
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-09-07 10:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Idk I don't really like those sets. They are kinda controversial for my taste.

Vim torque in almost all max sets, which obviously isn't an option for some fights. Xhit builds with max buffs? So what samurai roll they expect? None? Wouldn't that make lots of sacrifices for enough sTP useless in many cases?
Tp sets are very glassy, DT hybrid set has DT but low meva and meva set is full meva. The guide kinda lacks the middle ground TP sets that you would really use in end game, but I guess it could be nature of most guides.

Ya iirc he's a firm believer in Fighter's Roll for some reason, rarely have that roll from my experience. And maybe I just read guides weird, but I never read DT/Hybrid sets as what people should use, just a list of gear you could use and then mix/match based on what you have, situation you're in, and optimize from there.
By SimonSes 2023-09-07 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most logical way to do it, but then why would you need the guide? I can make a filter on ffxiah with highest meva pieces or list of DT ilvl gear and choose it myself. I think doing balanced sets for specific end game scenarios with arguments behind it, would be the highest value of any guide. I would definitely prefer such proprietary approach, rather than showcasing gear with highest value x in that slot.

Probably because you not always have WHM or SCH or you want Regen to actually heal you. Also Regen IV has pretty low duration with good potency and WHM might be occupied or forgot to reapply it all the time (unless you play with bot I guess). Dispel might also happen in worst moment and you might not even notice you lost Regen, until it's too late, especially with how glassy those tp sets are.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-09-07 18:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

then change the piece out for something else if you don't have the support for it?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-09-08 03:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
but then why would you need the guide? I can make a filter on ffxiah with highest meva pieces or list of DT ilvl gear and choose it myself.

But then, why would i do it if someone else is already doing that for me?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-11-02 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if people have that great of mileage out of Angon Merits?
I would think that Swapping to Malignance pole and dropping a shell crusher would be better option when I really need the def down and another job isn't providing it.
The ammount of investment into Angon, for merits, gear, etc for only 90s of def down seems a bit high to me. especially w/ 3 min recast... so its short duration for short duration fight? and you can't apply it readily to each fight...

Shellcrusher would be 90s if 50% resits on 1k tp shell crusher...I guess if nm completely resists shell crusher, angon is the option, but I'm not very experienced with DRG. any experiences about how valuable those Angon merits really are?

I'm thinking Deep Breathing would be more useful. Then again, i see its a ja and not a trait... for some reason I was thinking it was a trait.
still might use it. I guess category 2 drg merits are just that underwhelming?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-02 12:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG Group 2 merits are indeed that bad, but another factor to keep in mind is losing AM (depending which weapon you're using) and a fair amount of TP. Really depends what you're fighting because if it's a mob that's going to live for < 90 seconds, Shellcrusher is a waste. It's at minimum a waste of ~1600 TP from the WS and swapping weapons twice.

Deep Breathing is awful because offensive breaths are (in my experience) always dogshit, and healing breaths are both rarely needed and normally perfectly sufficient by themselves without using a JA and adding a second GCD to your heal. Even if I had Deep Breathing without any merit investment, I think I would use it so infrequently I would forget it exists.
 Bahamut.Renasci
user: syllreve
By Bahamut.Renasci 2023-11-13 19:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the 'Here Be DRGs' guide and equipment page on bgwiki both make mention of Vishap Feet working on Jump only, with the link to testing provided being from 2012.

The Devs made updates to a number of jump pieces, both in terms of mechanics and in text changes to gear in 2018 and the text on feet changed from: "Enhances Jump Effect" to "All Jumps: Attack +20%", (among others) and this change was specifically called out in the June 2018 patch notes (https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54116)

Unless there was new testing somewhere to show that SE bungled the change and it's buried somewhere I couldn't find, then the only testing that's been done predates changes to the gear by 6 years, and is still being presented as accurate.

Am I missing something?
By SimonSes 2023-11-14 02:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Shellcrusher would be 90s if 50% resits on 1k tp shell crusher...I guess if nm completely resists shell crusher, angon is the option, but I'm not very experienced with DRG. any experiences about how valuable those Angon merits really are?

This is easily the most important thing about Angon. Applying def down to both wind based mobs (ie: Xevioso) and ice based mobs (ie: Arebati) or other NMs with high res rank against wind (also temporary (ie: Aita) is very convenient.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-14 10:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Renasci said: »
the 'Here Be DRGs' guide and equipment page on bgwiki both make mention of Vishap Feet working on Jump only, with the link to testing provided being from 2012.

The Devs made updates to a number of jump pieces, both in terms of mechanics and in text changes to gear in 2018 and the text on feet changed from: "Enhances Jump Effect" to "All Jumps: Attack +20%", (among others) and this change was specifically called out in the June 2018 patch notes (https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/54116)

Unless there was new testing somewhere to show that SE bungled the change and it's buried somewhere I couldn't find, then the only testing that's been done predates changes to the gear by 6 years, and is still being presented as accurate.

Am I missing something?

Not missing anything, no one has done/reported new testing and so bg-wiki was never updated for it. Per the patch notes and item description it should apply to all jumps. Can always test with and without the feet on your high jumps to make sure.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-11-14 13:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Deep Breathing is awful because offensive breaths are (in my experience) always dogshit, and healing breaths are both rarely needed and normally perfectly sufficient by themselves without using a JA and adding a second GCD to your heal. Even if I had Deep Breathing without any merit investment, I think I would use it so infrequently I would forget it exists.

I would happily get rid of both the offensive and hybrid wyverns, even with jobs that can't cast because removal breath on WS is actually worth something. Breath Damage is 100% poo
 Shiva.Cerderic
Server: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-14 14:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 393640

Thoughts on general WS set with Shining One only with crit hit focus. Valorous is WSD+7%. Cape is STR/Crit Rate. Gleti & Nyame are R0.

Could swap Sherida/Moonshade with Thrud/PDL earring. Also have Epa's and Begrudging but ring is a competitive slot.
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-11-14 17:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cerderic said: »
ItemSet 393640

Thoughts on general WS set with Shining One only with crit hit focus. Valorous is WSD+7%. Cape is STR/Crit Rate. Gleti & Nyame are R0.

Could swap Sherida/Moonshade with Thrud/PDL earring. Also have Epa's and Begrudging but ring is a competitive slot.
This is my Impulse Drive set:

ItemSet 388805

Your valorous greaves aug is great though and I can certainly see the utility in that over nyame feet. One of these days I'm going to play with using the sortie earring for extra crit and PDL.
[+]
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-11-14 20:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 393640

Feet to Sulevia +2 unless you got 30atk and 10 str on that wsdmg augment as well. Thrud > Sherida, and hands could go either Relic +3 or Flamma +2, difference between them and Gelti R0 is pretty minimal though. I pretty much use the same set as Orlanda posted, but Regal Ring instead of Epam. If you get Nyame B R15 or higher on hands/feet you'd want to swap those in vs what you have currently.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-11-15 07:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 393642
My set is based on the all jobs gear sets posted here and in bg-wiki, which set will you consider optimal based off WSD or critical?

Cape is STR+30 WSD+10 Gletis R15 Nyame R20
By Atrox78 2023-11-15 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
ItemSet 393642
My set is based on the all jobs gear sets posted here and in bg-wiki, which set will you consider optimal based off WSD or critical?

I agree with this set. If memory serves, shinning one crits all hits of the ws by default so stacking crit dosent seem to influence dmg more then wsd. I personally just use all nyame at R25 and call it a day. That said, I won't touch this weapon on drg and only use it for war.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
Server: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2023-11-15 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shining One gives a crit chance to all weaponskills based on the amount of TP being consumed.

1000 tp = 5% crit rate
2000 tp = 10% crit rate
3000 tp = 15% crit rate

So you will still need crit rate in gear as well as WSD/PDL.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-15 10:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Atrox78 said: »
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
ItemSet 393642

If memory serves, shinning one crits all hits of the ws by default so stacking crit dosent seem to influence dmg more then wsd.

Idk any of the math for crit v wsd for shining one but I will say that it does not do this. It adds a 5-15% crit rate to polearm weaponskills performed with Shining One (idk if it scales between break points or not, but it's 5% at 1000 and 15% at 3000), not an autocrit, so adding more crit rate would in fact affect the damage. Whether that makes crit better than wsd in any situation I do not have an informed opinion on.

Edit: beaten
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-15 23:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input. I don't (nor will I) have R15+ Gleti or Nyame. My general thought was to weigh WSD > crit dmg > crit%. Hence the Valorous Greaves w/ crit dmg + WSD. Will definitely swap to Thrud and Begrudging though
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-11-16 07:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input. I don't (nor will I) have R15+ Gleti or Nyame. My general thought was to weigh WSD > crit dmg > crit%. Hence the Valorous Greaves w/ crit dmg + WSD. Will definitely swap to Thrud and Begrudging though
Once you complete TVR, you have the opportunity to get a super good ring as a reward. I recommend getting the Lehko's ring as not only is it the best TPing ring in the game, but gives 10% crit chance and beats the pants off of the begrudging ring.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-16 09:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been considering switching to Lehko. I currently use Fickblix because its insane for PUP overdrive. Absolutely no competition anywhere else. The subtle blow and DA+10% still makes it pretty decent for other jobs as well, especially my main (BLU) that doesn't get access to Regal Ring or Niqmaddu.
By Galkapryme 2023-12-11 22:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Need someone to post a Diarmuid set...or I will. And I'll probably be WAY off.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2023-12-11 22:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
Need someone to post a Diarmuid set...or I will. And I'll probably be WAY off.

Unless fTP happens to transfer to the 2nd hit, which I doubt, it's a str/vit ws with WSDMG focus, so your Camlann's set with a moonshade earring instead of w/e else you were using. JSE +2 or Thrud + Moonshade likely best.
By Galkapryme 2023-12-11 22:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So...not sure the modifier for Diarmuid, but I think the/an Aftermath effect (the hidden one, not the PDL) might be "Occasionally does triple damage." I landed a regular, non-critical hit for over 7K on what I think was the first round of an attack after AM3.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-11 23:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I picked prime horn so not a first-hand accounting, but the reporting is that Stage 4 prime is ODD on first swing, Stage 5 is ODT on first swing. This is unrelated to AM
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-11 23:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
So...not sure the modifier for Diarmuid, but I think the/an Aftermath effect (the hidden one, not the PDL) might be "Occasionally does triple damage." I landed a regular, non-critical hit for over 7K on what I think was the first round of an attack after AM3.

It's not tied to AM, all the primes have relic ODD/ODT procs.
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112