Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Bixbite
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-23 23:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone wanted me to test if Nyame path D pet dmg+5% boosts wyvern breaths. Yes it boosts it by a flat 5% the same amount it boosts automaton damage.

[+]
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-24 12:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thinking of building a lua that takes into account JA/magic haste and swaps TP sets accordingly, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already built one for DRG (especially since I am an amateur when it comes to gearswap). Does anyone have something like this that they'd be willing to share?
By Aquapenguin 2021-06-24 12:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the current situations in which mythic and aeonic are best choices? thinking about making the mythic.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-24 12:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nususu said: »
I am thinking of building a lua that takes into account JA/magic haste and swaps TP sets accordingly, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already built one for DRG (especially since I am an amateur when it comes to gearswap). Does anyone have something like this that they'd be willing to share?
This is what I use
 Asura.Nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-24 13:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Bippin. I think the piece I may be missing here is how this flows through to the rest of the lua. Do I need to define these sets further below with gear, e.g:

Additionally, I assume I need to have gearinfo loaded - are there other files this logic is dependent on? I can also move this over to a more appropriate thread if this is getting too deep into gearswap to be here.
Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Nususu said: »
This is what I use
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-24 14:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what gearinfo is, I think customclass is part of gearswap without anything. But I guess it may depend on your lua.

Edit:
sets.engaged.FullAcc.LiteDT.MaxHaste
sets.engaged.Some.WyvernDT.MaxHaste
sets.engaged.Acc.AM.MaxHaste
etc
By Veydal1 2021-06-24 14:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquapenguin said: »
What are the current situations in which mythic and aeonic are best choices? thinking about making the mythic.

Shining One with Impulse Drive is very powerful if you hold TP past 2k, which isn't as big of a DPS loss as it typically is with other jobs since DRG just gains TP so fast due to all the tools they have (Jumps / Spirit Link / subbing SAM, etc.)

However, the Mythic is pretty cool to use when you're in a long enough fight where the WS frequency from having AM3 up is useful (and maintaining AM3 isn't a pain). Some examples being Wave 3 boss, Gaol NMs, some Ambus, HELMs. Keep in mind the attack penalty however from using Drakesbane and gauge it accordingly.

Aeonic is basically the choice to use when you're able to make use of the SCs / Umbra. So typically when you're the solo DD or have a SC partner. Could be useful in lowman dynamis wave 3.
 Asura.Nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-24 16:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an addon that measures gear haste that can integrate with gearswap to make conditions based on it. I believe Arislan's luas rely on it, and there's a conversation in the WAR thread right now on gearinfo and how it measures haste values on Sakpata gear, but I think you're right and customclass is part of gearswap.

Thanks again for what you've shared. I tried including the function you shared into my existing lua, and then tried to test it by seeing if the add_to_chat haste messages would fire off when I had wyvern out, hasso on, and marches and haste spells on. I was not able to get those to show up in my chat log, so I think I'm not integrating the function properly. I'll keep messing with it.

Asura.Bippin said: »
Not sure what gearinfo is, I think customclass is part of gearswap without anything. But I guess it may depend on your lua.

Edit:
sets.engaged.FullAcc.LiteDT.MaxHaste
sets.engaged.Some.WyvernDT.MaxHaste
sets.engaged.Acc.AM.MaxHaste
etc
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-06-25 01:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquapenguin said: »

I have R15 mythic and R15 aeonic and Shining One. Typically where I can overcap attack AND the fight is long enough and straightforward enough I will use Ryunohige; Drakesbane got a big boost with Gleti's gear. Shorter fights I will use Trishula for the self-sc/easy sc. IMO Shining One is awkward to use. It is powerful and I have been outparsed by DRGs using it on certain fights but to me it's more of a warrior and samurai weapon, particularly with WAR since Warcry and Blood Rage have a good synergy there.

As far as justifying Ryunohige I think it's an ok mythic, not the best, but it's very good. DRG is competitive with other top melee jobs with any of the top options depending on situation (aeonic, mythic, Shining One, Naegling). This is just a very good job right now, outside of warrior we are the best melee job in general today except that we lack a great hybrid set unless you do Nyame path A.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-25 03:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
outside of warrior we are the best melee job in general today

That kinda weird statement. You mean because you can cover 2 weapon types and you have very high DPS with both? Idk if thats enough to justify what you said. DRG still have few weaknesses and advantages, but the same goes for DRK, MNK and SAM really. If you take only segments into consideration then you can put DRK a little behind and mnk further behind, but SAM? If you dont have specific event in mind, than I would say all 5 jobs and even more can be optimal melee DPS depends on scenario. It would need a 5h podcast to talk about it tho, so Im not even gonna start any detailed discussion on forum lol.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-25 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want the damn atk penalty removed from drakesbane already. It's actually even more brutal now that we need more atk to make use of PDL gear... -_-
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-25 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I just want the damn atk penalty removed from drakesbane already. It's actually even more brutal now that we need more atk to make use of PDL gear... -_-

Yep according to sheet AM3 Ryuno with drakes at attack cap can match Shining One for Raw dps power, but it requires capping attack with full Gleti's and JSE+2 neck, which means reaching 5.8725 pdif with almost -20% attack penalty..
[+]
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2021-06-25 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Someone wanted me to test if Nyame path D pet dmg+5% boosts wyvern breaths. Yes it boosts it by a flat 5% the same amount it boosts automaton damage.

I was the weirdo that wanted to know. Thank you for testing it.
By Aquapenguin 2021-06-25 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, I have aeonic just looking around at different mythics I want to make and getting opinions on them. DRG is looking to be the next job I will gear so I'll most likely pick it up just for fun.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-06-25 13:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
outside of warrior we are the best melee job in general today

That kinda weird statement. You mean because you can cover 2 weapon types and you have very high DPS with both? Idk if thats enough to justify what you said. DRG still have few weaknesses and advantages, but the same goes for DRK, MNK and SAM really. If you take only segments into consideration then you can put DRK a little behind and mnk further behind, but SAM? If you dont have specific event in mind, than I would say all 5 jobs and even more can be optimal melee DPS depends on scenario. It would need a 5h podcast to talk about it tho, so Im not even gonna start any detailed discussion on forum lol.

Mmm yeah this is fair, I was talking about primarily for Odyssey. I think in general the 5 heavy DD jobs are all pretty competitive right now.

Amen to this, and add on top of that the penalty to geomancy in new content...
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2021-06-25 15:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SE:"Grats on making what is arguably the most beautiful weapon in XI, enjoy the attack penalty LOL".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-25 15:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If I wanted to be a bit greedy, I'd take some general adjustments(buffs damnit) to Drakes as well. atk penalty aside. I do recall that Drakebane was completely ignored, both times SE did near global WS adjustments. They changed... exactly nothing, both times.

So it could use some updates anyway. The current stats.. 50% str mod... A 1.0 first hit ftp . Non ftp transfer. etc. Ryu's mythic WS bonus is doing work there.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2021-06-25 16:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The job is a lot of fun to play and it the best place it's ever been. Drakes for sure needs some love.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-06-27 14:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking around the healing breath page and could not find anything about range, does anyone know max range for healing breath on others?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-27 14:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I was looking around the healing breath page and could not find anything about range, does anyone know max range for healing breath on others?
Hmm, about 14' iirc. From the wyvern mind you.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-06-27 15:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, about 14' iirc. From the wyvern mind you.

Right, thx.

Anyone that is able and knows how, can you add this somewhere on the wyvern page?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-27 15:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone that is able and knows how, can you add this somewhere on the wyvern page?
Added to Healing breath
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-07-07 15:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If they ever fixed Drakesbane's attack penalty, it will instantly become an S tier weapon skill. My main guess for why they never did it was because it's a level 75 weapon skill, and being a 5 hit crit WS with the fTP/WSC that it has would make it ridiculously strong (compare to Evisceration which historically was weak as hell even in the 75 era).
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-07-07 15:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
If they ever fixed Drakesbane's attack penalty, it will instantly become an S tier weapon skill. My main guess for why they never did it was because it's a level 75 weapon skill, and being a 5 hit crit WS with the fTP/WSC that it has would make it ridiculously strong (compare to Evisceration which historically was weak as hell even in the 75 era).
It's a 4 hit WS. And it has a 1 ftp, and no ftp transfer. And it has a 50% STR WSC. All of this is Pathetic for a modern WS. The only thing that makes Drakes even remotely usable is Ryunohige's massive WS dmg bonus for Drakes

Anyway. I'm pretty sure they ignored Drakes as a way to contribute to the indirect nerfing of Ryunohige. It was way, waaaay, more powerful than the other polearms back during the pre-adoulin 99 cap era. Like seriously, ~50% stronger than the next best option.

And sadly, Ryu only put DRG on par with other high end DDs... But SE didn't like that power gap between Ryu and other options, so they ignored drakes, buffed stardiver... twice, iirc. And started adding to the overall amount of multi hit DRG had access to, diluting the advantage of AM3 OAX. Slowly and indirectly narrowing the power gap between Ryu and the other polearms until it eventually flipped way the other way. Particularly when one of the REMA upgrade phases gave Mythics significantly less dmg+ than other REMA.

Right now Ryu is doing fairly well again, except for that damn atk penalty on Drakes... It's particularly harsh in the newer geomancy nerfed content and atk starved Gaol NM setups.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2021-07-19 17:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the OP accurate, or is there another post I can reference for updated tiered gearsets?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-19 17:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
By Taint 2021-07-19 19:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guys using for TP and WS with Naegling for Bumba? It feels so odd using savage on DRG.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-07-19 19:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374115
Edit: Nyame over Gleti's if attack uncapped
2nd set for when more DT/MEVA needed depending on support etc.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-07-26 06:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if some of the DRG number crunching experts can help me explain the damage I am seeing here. Just finished my R15 Ryu (love it so far) and my usual first thing I go do some basic test drive is apex poxhounds in RaKaz Inner.

Buffs: 900 skill GEO (+1 neck) fury/frail, dia3, qultada chaos roll. (Side note: I typically 2box and my box is Honor BRD but I am thinking for Ryu DRG I am better off bringing GEO for frailty? Capping delay is so easy on DRG but correct me if I’m wrong here. Frailty would help Drakes more than honor/minuets.....I think.)

My Drakesbanes were consistently in the 30-36k-ish range, however I would pretty often get spikes into the 45k range. What is happening here? Is this a AM3 proc with all hits critting? I need to put a TP return echo in my Drakes key bind to better track this.

With Angon applied I was getting some nutty Drakes numbers, close to 50k which felt super good.
By SimonSes 2021-07-26 08:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Side note: I typically 2box and my box is Honor BRD but I am thinking for Ryu DRG I am better off bringing GEO for frailty? Capping delay is so easy on DRG but correct me if I’m wrong here

It is quite easy indeed. With capped haste in gear and /sam hasso and bonus from wyvern, you need 33.75% more haste from magic. If you are doing Savage Blade tho, you won't cap even with capped magic haste, unless /dnc with haste samba or just haste samba from DNC.

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
My Drakesbanes were consistently in the 30-36k-ish range, however I would pretty often get spikes into the 45k range. What is happening here? Is this a AM3 proc with all hits critting? I need to put a TP return echo in my Drakes key bind to better track this.

With Angon applied I was getting some nutty Drakes numbers, close to 50k which felt super good.

I mean its pretty simple whats happening and you already pointed this out. Drakesbane is 4hits base and can crit. You also have 95% accuracy cap with polearm, so you will quite often miss some hit even with capped accuracy. Difference between 3-4 non crit hits and 8 crit hits (when you get MA proc and luck with crits) is huge, so damage might be all over the place. Generally Drakesbane is not a WS that will have amazing ws avg, because it relies on spamming asap and for amazing WS frequency and mid high WS damage (bis set at attack cap can produce something like 45k ws avg I think, but getting to attack cap with bis set is really hard if Geomancy is gimped). Its not Savage Blade or Shining One's Impulse Drive, when you can expect lower WS frequency (especially when you hold TP to 2000), but WS damage will goes through the roof.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 110 111 112