Bhaflau Remnants II Post Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-03-13
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Bhaflau Remnants II post update
Bhaflau Remnants II post update
First Page 2
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-09 11:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Went in last night and gave it a thorough scan to see just how many alexandrite dropping enemies they added. Seems that on the 3rd floor, the two ramparts near the teleporters going up (both accessible at all times) now both spawn 14 triple gears instead of 8, increasing the minimum for this zone by 12 alex.

To compare to Arrapago, assuming you are just killing all triple gears, necessary ramparts, and bosses while ignoring other NMs, single gears, chariots, etc.

Arrapago: 5 ramparts, 28 triple gears, 1 Armored Chariot - minimum of 34 alex
Silver Seas: 27 triple gears - minimum of 27 alex
Bhaflau (before): 3 ramparts, 19 triple gears - minimum of 22 alex
Bhaflau (now): 3 ramparts, 31 triple gears - minimum of 34 alex
Zhayolm: I don't know or care, *** Zhayolm II

So, barring any extra chariot killing, you should get an equal minimum in Bhaflau and Arrapago. Silver Seas comes up short due to the fact that their ramparts don't drop anything, and the zone has more chariots than Bhaflau/Arrapago.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
Posts: 4746
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-09 11:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Why the Zhayolm hate?

I've had some of my best runs there (albeit some of my worst, too). It's just dependent upon cotton pouches.

Until now it's been my go-to secondary run in a 24-hour period since they changed, though I'll likely do Bhaf now just to change up plan drops for my mule.
 Shiva.Gib
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
Posts: 1264
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-09 11:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Why the Zhayolm hate?

I've had some of my best runs there (albeit some of my worst, too). It's just dependent upon cotton pouches.

Until now it's been my go-to secondary run in a 24-hour period since they changed, though I'll likely do Bhaf now just to change up plan drops for my mule.
did they change the 24 hour thing this update? cause it sure as hell wasn't in the last one
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-09 11:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm not a fan due to how long it takes to get your armor. I'm probably being unfair since I'm sure it has it's merits. How many alex minimum can you get there?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sithel
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wildman33
Posts: 55
By Quetzalcoatl.Sithel 2014-07-09 18:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Gib said: »
did they change the 24 hour thing this update? cause it sure as hell wasn't in the last one

That was changed in last months update. If you had 2 permits you couldn't do AR II back to back. It resets at JP midnight, it's not 24 hours from the last time you entered. You can still do 2 zones if you have 2 permits, it just has to be 2 different zones.
 Shiva.Gib
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
Posts: 1264
By Shiva.Gib 2014-07-09 22:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Sithel said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
did they change the 24 hour thing this update? cause it sure as hell wasn't in the last one

That was changed in last months update. If you had 2 permits you couldn't do AR II back to back. It resets at JP midnight, it's not 24 hours from the last time you entered. You can still do 2 zones if you have 2 permits, it just has to be 2 different zones.
ahhhh ok, I misunderstood how it worked then, good
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-11 00:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Forgot to include that there are 3 triple gears on the 4th floor of Bhaflau if you take the western path, making it 3 alexandrite more than Arrapago (or equal if you kill all archaic chariots). Note that there are initially 2 triple gears, which if killed in close succession spawn the 3rd one, which is an NM.

edit: the NM triple gear doesn't guaranteed drop alexandrite apparently. Oh well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sithel
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wildman33
Posts: 55
By Quetzalcoatl.Sithel 2014-07-11 23:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I did BR II today for the first time after the update. Where is this 3rd Rampart? All I noticed is on the 3rd floor, instead of those 2 Ramparts spawning 8 gears it's a few more. Maybe 12ish? I didn't count. Still not bad. I go thf in AR II and average around 43-45 if i kill everything. Doing BR II today I went mnk and got 37.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-12 11:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The 3rd Rampart is the one that summons Cerberus. I made a little picture in hopes of better explaining the layout and what stuff to kill.




If you're averaging over 40 everytime in Arrapago, you must be getting lucky with extra alex drops, as the two zones have essentially the same amount of minimum alex in them.
Offline
Posts: 1415
By fractalvoid 2014-07-12 11:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yeah there seems to be equal opportunity for singles in both zones now, but it seems like AR2 is faster IMO. The first floor goes by very slowly in BR2 (15~ min maybe? Idk. Been spamming it for Marduk plans for my mule)
 Valefor.Sapphire
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1828
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-12 12:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Sithel said: »
I did BR II today for the first time after the update. Where is this 3rd Rampart? All I noticed is on the 3rd floor, instead of those 2 Ramparts spawning 8 gears it's a few more. Maybe 12ish? I didn't count. Still not bad. I go thf in AR II and average around 43-45 if i kill everything. Doing BR II today I went mnk and got 37.
So you kill all the other gears on 3F besides the rampart+spawned gears? Is that your count just from that floor?
All the non rampart gears on 3F are usually very stingy and rarely drop alex so I tend to just sneak around them.
Offline
Posts: 1415
By fractalvoid 2014-07-12 13:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't bother with the single gears either. It's just a waste of time/effort imo. I go blu/war with my mule either brd or whm depending on how lazy I feel so only th2. Maybe a thf has better luck but it just seems like too much annoyance to deal with regardless

edit: this is in br2
 Quetzalcoatl.Sithel
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wildman33
Posts: 55
By Quetzalcoatl.Sithel 2014-07-12 21:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'm sure going thf helps some, on AR 2 I usually always have around 35-37 by the time I reach floor 6 (NQ Boss). Just for time reasons I will kill the Armored Chariot to kill the NQ boss and enough Archaic Chariots to reach 40 alex, then I go up to HQ boss. I always skip single gears. When I get over 40 is if I zone up to floor 6 with about 38-39 then I farm all Chariots on the 6th floor.

My BR 2 run today was 37 total, not just from the 3rd floor Ramparts. On this run I killed all gears, even singles. I may have got 1-2 alex so not worth my time to keep doing that, so from now on I'll just kill triple gears.

And thanks Jeanpaul for the pics, I thought that was the other rampart you was talking about.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-23 15:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone have any tips for solo'ing Cerberus in BR2? All this *** does is spam Magma Hoplon non-stop. -.-
Offline
Posts: 416
By Elazar1 2014-07-23 15:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Go mnk use formless strikes when builds resists to that drop strikes repeat easy kills
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-23 15:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't have MNK, I have THF. <.<; .. and THF.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: LadyRikku
Posts: 182
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-07-23 19:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I go Dnc/Run and kill it easily. You could try Thf/Rdm if that is your only job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-23 19:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
thf/dnc and holy bolts, brodude
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-07-23 20:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
If you're averaging over 40 everytime in Arrapago, you must be getting lucky with extra alex drops, as the two zones have essentially the same amount of minimum alex in them.

he's probably killing the chariots since they are guaranteed drop of alex as well. 28 from tri-gears, 5 from ramparts, 8 from chariots. that's 41 minimum.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
Posts: 2589
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-23 22:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Anyone have any tips for solo'ing Cerberus in BR2? All this *** does is spam Magma Hoplon non-stop. -.-
Nothing in particular can be done to speed it up, other than only using Aeolian Edge as a WS. It's a long, long fight on THF/DNC, but it can be done. I do recommend opening the fight with your best WS though, since it won't have any damage reduction (like, say, a 300% TP SA Rudra's Storm).

Leviathan.Protey said: »
he's probably killing the chariots since they are guaranteed drop of alex as well. 28 from tri-gears, 5 from ramparts, 8 from chariots. that's 41 minimum.
Ah yeah, forgot about those.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1828
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-24 00:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Since I see alot of RDMs running around lately, figure i'd point out RDM/dnc runs pretty smoothly through Bhaf II if you have+want a mage option to run the zone.


This assumes you have decently skilled enhancing so spells like phalanx arent rubbish, and have requiescat WS merited to fall back on for the last bit of the boss fight.
CDC ws unlocked+ at least mix of augmented wkr/sparks/reforge level gear is recommended.

If you dont need plans and want to go through it focusing on guaranteed alex:
+ Skip all the plan NMs though the whole zone, focus on getting to the 2 ramparts on west/east sides that spawn all the reinforcement gears on 3F. Ice spikes+phalanx makes tanking them all at once (if by accident or that's how you roll) very easy.

+ On 4F just hug the wall and sneak around the longbow chariot (he's totally not worth the hassle)

+ I usually skip the NQ cerb on 4F (you have to pop NQ out of the rampart still so the HQ pops on last floor).
Kill the rampart off so you only have cerb trying to interrupt you, then just run back and forth on the port-up pad and use the floorup menu quickly. Usually takes 2-3 tries to get the timing right, but it will save the hassle of killing the NQ boss.

For boss fight, add barfire/barpara/enwater/gainMND buff, cdc+requiescat spam and stoneskin tank it, fight goes smoother than my experiences doing it on Dnc/run.


Rdm work well in AR II zone too, but I strongly recommend a good nuke set to kill the timed Armored Chariot with plenty of spare time. I usually chainspell nuke+melee it down with about a minute of spare time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1147
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-24 01:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Anyone have any tips for solo'ing Cerberus in BR2? All this *** does is spam Magma Hoplon non-stop. -.-
Nothing in particular can be done to speed it up, other than only using Aeolian Edge as a WS. It's a long, long fight on THF/DNC, but it can be done. I do recommend opening the fight with your best WS though, since it won't have any damage reduction (like, say, a 300% TP SA Rudra's Storm).

Dammit, that zone goes like clockwork on THF up until Cerb. Everything unlocks so fast, and I can pop all NM's and kill all gears and get to cerb in about 50 minutes... lowest I've gotten him was 17% before I can't keep TP up reliably enough through the Magma Hoplon spam. ><; He literally gets to the point where he puts it right back up the minute it goes down, and I can't build TP until i break through it again.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
Posts: 751
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-24 01:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
for me thf coudlnt kill fast enough, maybe my daggers sucks, stuck weith emnient atm... but pup killed things super fast.

Zholm II was a bummer because there alot more mobs there imo.

ive cleard everything on Bh rem II on pup however it never gave me a title like wiki says it does.
Offline
Posts: 5673
By Pantafernando 2014-07-24 05:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
for me thf coudlnt kill fast enough, maybe my daggers sucks, stuck weith emnient atm... but pup killed things super fast.

Zholm II was a bummer because there alot more mobs there imo.

ive cleard everything on Bh rem II on pup however it never gave me a title like wiki says it does.

Must clear the br1 previously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-24 11:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
RDM/DNC?

No, RDM/THF.
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-07-24 11:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Since I see alot of RDMs running around lately, figure i'd point out RDM/dnc runs pretty smoothly through Bhaf II if you have+want a mage option to run the zone.


This assumes you have decently skilled enhancing so spells like phalanx arent rubbish, and have requiescat WS merited to fall back on for the last bit of the boss fight.
CDC ws unlocked+ at least mix of augmented wkr/sparks/reforge level gear is recommended.

If you dont need plans and want to go through it focusing on guaranteed alex:
+ Skip all the plan NMs though the whole zone, focus on getting to the 2 ramparts on west/east sides that spawn all the reinforcement gears on 3F. Ice spikes+phalanx makes tanking them all at once (if by accident or that's how you roll) very easy.

+ On 4F just hug the wall and sneak around the longbow chariot (he's totally not worth the hassle)

+ I usually skip the NQ cerb on 4F (you have to pop NQ out of the rampart still so the HQ pops on last floor).
Kill the rampart off so you only have cerb trying to interrupt you, then just run back and forth on the port-up pad and use the floorup menu quickly. Usually takes 2-3 tries to get the timing right, but it will save the hassle of killing the NQ boss.

For boss fight, add barfire/barpara/enwater/gainMND buff, cdc+requiescat spam and stoneskin tank it, fight goes smoother than my experiences doing it on Dnc/run.


Rdm work well in AR II zone too, but I strongly recommend a good nuke set to kill the timed Armored Chariot with plenty of spare time. I usually chainspell nuke+melee it down with about a minute of spare time.

I only go RDM/THF to both AR2 and BR2. why gimp your alex to go /DNC? why skip the NQ cerb, that's missing a possible 50-99 alex. you didn't mention it, but be sure to kill the acroliths...they have a decent rate at dropping a cotton pouch. a well geared RDM doesn't need to nuke either in AR2. Haste2 makes a good RDM not to have to nuke it at all. Don't do barfire, do barblizzard and barpara for cerb. I have yet to get paralyzed. same on khim. I don't do CDC on cerb, just stick with requiescat the whole time. You'll destroy him.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
Posts: 9720
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-07-24 12:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I never noticed much of a difference between subs since most of the alex you get is guaranteed anyway. I just go RDM/NIN for the extra DW tier (or RUN/SAM if I'm feeling sassy).
 Shiva.Nikolce
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
Posts: 20130
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-24 12:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I never noticed much of a difference between subs since most of the alex you get is guaranteed anyway. I just go RDM/NIN for the extra DW tier (or RUN/SAM if I'm feeling sassy).

/checks watch

I'm a little disappointed nobody crashed into this thread yet to tell you how wrong you are...

/taps foot impatiently

where are those idiots?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Online
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 5072
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-07-24 13:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
fractalvoid said: »
I don't bother with the single gears either. It's just a waste of time/effort imo. I go blu/war with my mule either brd or whm depending on how lazy I feel so only th2. Maybe a thf has better luck but it just seems like too much annoyance to deal with regardless edit: this is in br2

They have a chance to drop one, and it you blu/thf, it helps. If you are using fultter, they should die in 3-4 attack rounds anyways. How is this wasted effort when you can link a room with dart and take them out in less than 45 seconds?
First Page 2
Log in to post.