Is It Worth Coming Back?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Is it worth coming back?
Is it worth coming back?
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-08-04 19:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking about coming back and wondered if anyone has a suggestion on a well-populated, nice (JP/EU/NA) people or majority server. Are there any new things that are impressive enough to come back? I've been playing WoW and its really cool but I made the mistake and listened to some old FF tunes on youtube and I've been nostalgic. I will be coming back with no gear, no gil, no nothing and wondering if an LS on the above asked server will take an old player back to the game. Thanks for answering kindly all! Take Care
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-04 19:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's ever a bad time to come back. The economy isn't that bad off any things are no longer super inflated like they used to be.

And as far as new or impressive things, that depends on when you originally quit... if you quit pre-Wings of the goddess you'll be rather surprised with campaign battles and going to the past.

The new mini expansions are a little blah but the rewards are really good.

I have a close RL friend coming back soon, he had to stop playing late 2007, and after i showed him all the new updates and things to be done he pretty much freaked out and wants to come back badly after playing PSU for a long time.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-08-04 20:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I quit after um the first mini patch. Felt completely gipped. But I my main motive is to move to a server where I can get things done (i.e. Leveling the remainder of my jobs to 75 then continuing on with a linkshell meeting new friends and getting some kick *** gear, weps etc.)
I was on ramuh last but when I was on there that server seemed to be dying. I want to go to a server that is heavily/ moderately populated.
Thanks for replying so far. Once I get the info I need/want I'll definitely come back. Until then I don't want to feed SE anymore money if they still have the mindset of "we don't care about [some of our specific]players."
 Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Joyopjogoyop 2009-08-04 20:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

why did u quit in the first place? Garuda has some good players. the long named server has some good too.. but i love bahamut but they closed it.. ; ; so not much going on here but i love bahamut server so much i dont want to ever move out.
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-08-04 20:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Stryyker said:
Well I quit after um the first mini patch. Felt completely gipped. But I my main motive is to move to a server where I can get things done (i.e. Leveling the remainder of my jobs to 75 then continuing on with a linkshell meeting new friends and getting some kick *** gear, weps etc.)
I was on ramuh last but when I was on there that server seemed to be dying. I want to go to a server that is heavily/ moderately populated.
Thanks for replying so far. Once I get the info I need/want I'll definitely come back. Until then I don't want to feed SE anymore money if they still have the mindset of "we don't care about [some of our specific]players."

hmmm. SE never changes... in terms of u wanting to come back? personally i wouldnt recommened it unless u can get or old charcter from a "welcome back campaign" (for me atleast) this game is too old to strat anew like 6+years in. if your really Final Fantasy Online bound i would tell you to just wait intill FFXIV comes out on PS3 (i think it comes out for PC too but its relase date is after PS3 version)playing online games when they first come out can be better then starting one that already has years on it.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-08-04 20:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, if you have to start over, it might not be worth it to come back. FFXIV has a simultaneous PC and PS3 release date. And that date is roughly 1 year away. You may want to hang on til then.

If you can get your old character back, by all means, jump back into FFXI. Diabolos is "ok" nothing spectacular, but not a ton of douchebags either. But I'd say just stick on your old server if you come back with your old character.
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Server: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2009-08-04 21:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh has plenty of neat people, we're not hugely overcrowded, and our only problem is things are getting oddly expensive... despite a heightened availability. Oh well, I'm not about to try and understand the economy.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-04 22:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Seraph.Chuuuuu
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Chuuuuu 2009-08-04 22:25:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-04 22:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

dont come to remora if u come back
 Asura.Blkninja
Server: Asura
user: Blkninja
By Asura.Blkninja 2009-08-04 22:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Definetly not.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-08-04 23:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell yea! As for what server my answer is "Uhhh....?"
 Alexander.Aegiz
Server: Alexander
user:
By Alexander.Aegiz 2009-08-05 00:51:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Don't come back when you have nothing on you (no gears, no gils...) just wait for FF14 come out and start new fresh character. You will have hard time to lvl other jobs to lvl75 when 90% of players are rushing to finish thier endgame gears...and 1 more thing I have to say...those HNM linkshells are only recuit a player with well gears and you will feel like a slave to them...they use you to get thier things done especially those linkshell owner and leaders.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-08-05 17:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for showing interest and sharing thier opinions. I looked on youtube for FFXIV andas kind of laughing at the reaction they had when they showed it.(kind of the same reaction I had - slow suspicious "golf clap") I think like most of the people said I'll wait it out or don't bother with SE anymore. Thanks again everyone.

P.S.- thought it would be funny to share the reaction video i saw. (note i put in another video game debut video to show how people normally react to a new game lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ag_NfTSyg << FFXIV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqHOPTYjIU&NR=1 << COD MW2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjcqEeFx5nc << good news invterview about FFXIV to be fair

anyway thanks again guys and gals