Why Do SE Fail So Hard At Customer Service?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
why do SE fail so hard at customer service?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-27 14:28:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just make a private server host for a small fee. Then we will continue to keep our hopes alive that the end will never come!
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 14:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact of the matter is, regardless of whether it was IRL or online, something precious was taken away without the person's consent. The principle of that remains, whether it was a hacked account, or someone breaking into your house and taking your TV or whatever.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 14:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fact of the matter is, the person gave their consent and allowed SE to roll their character back. >.>
 Carbuncle.Akada
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-07-27 14:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd get pissed losing something that I spent my time on.. whether its rl or in game >.>b
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 14:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Fact of the matter is, the person gave their consent and allowed SE to roll their character back. >.>

So it's perfectly acceptable to tolerate poor service?
Would you just nod your head and fork over the cash from a mechanic that blatantly sabotaged your vehicle with more problems after fixing your initial issue so you have to come back and pay more?
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-27 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He's *** trolling. You're just keeping him busy at work. Just ignore him.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 14:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Your analogy fails. They did exactly what he asked them to.

If I take my car in for an oil change and specify I want 4.5 quarts of Quaker State 10W-30 oil with the Fram oil filter made for my car and the mechanic doesn't do that then it's on him.
If I just say I want an oil change and he uses some off-brand oil/filter when I wanted Quaker State/Fram, but I didn't specify it... Then that's MY fault, not his.

Aurilius said:
He's *** trolling. You're just keeping him busy at work. Just ignore him.
Hey! That's mean... I need to be entertained while bored!
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 14:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh...
 Fenrir.Erendis
Server: Fenrir
user: Erendis
By Fenrir.Erendis 2009-07-27 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait one moment while you are being connected. To better assist you, please have the following information ready:
PlayOnline ID,
Full name on the account,
Date of birth,
PlayOnline registration code,
First 4 and last 4 digits of the CC.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
We are currently experiencing a high chat volume. If you are calling regarding an LM error, please have your PlayOnline ID and first 4 and last 4 numbers of the credit card currently on the account, without it an agent will not be able to assist you.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
We are currently experiencing a high chat volume. If you are calling regarding an LM error, please have your PlayOnline ID and first 4 and last 4 numbers of the credit card currently on the account, without it an agent will not be able to assist you.
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please....
Network connection re-established.
You have been connected to SEI POL Derek D.
SEI POL Derek D: Hello, Luis Fernando, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
SEI POL Derek D: For security reasons, we are unable to address your account issues without first verifying your identification. Please respond with the following information:
SEI POL Derek D: PlayOnline ID
PlayOnline Registration Code
Current Credit Card information, first 4 and last 4 digits only.
Registered Name
Date of Birth
Complete Home Address (Not email address)
Email Address
Number of Content IDs and the name of the characters
Registration Date
SEI POL Derek D: It appears you have no other issues you need assistance with. If this is incorrect, please come back to the chat and I will be happy to assist you.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 14:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wow! our lucky. i usually see about 3 hrs of it first
 Lakshmi.Synful
Server: Lakshmi
user: Synful
By Lakshmi.Synful 2009-07-27 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Im rly glad that ive never had to deal with SE on any issue and when AION comes out ill delete my account and jump over there. The yrs spent playing this game, i couldnt imagine losing like that but i would surely quit if that happened.

Tbest = moron......go support sumthin else HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE elsewhere
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 15:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Synful said:
Im rly glad that ive never had to deal with SE on any issue and when AION comes out ill delete my account and jump over there. The yrs spent playing this game, i couldnt imagine losing like that but i would surely quit if that happened.

Tbest = moron......go support sumthin else HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE elsewhere
XD Repetitive repetition is repetitive?
 Fenrir.Erendis
By Fenrir.Erendis 2009-07-27 15:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so basically i just ended the Live chat with SE, they just told me what i already knew, they do not help a ***, i gave all my info and they say that info is confidentially, and they can not give me any info on my account status, dont know if im banned yet, but i dont want to pay for the next moth while they review my actions on this account

Hope SE know where to put this in:
User submitted image
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 15:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Good. Needs more Fenrir bannings.
 Fenrir.Erendis
By Fenrir.Erendis 2009-07-27 15:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ur welcome to find the place to put that finger too
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-27 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

so yeah, now the FBI has you on their watch list for possible terrorist connections
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-27 15:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lolfenrir.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-07-27 16:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

See the problem is everyone complains but ur all still playing. SE is still making money so why should they care if ur gonna keep paying them to do it. Untill the complaints start costing them money nothing will change. They will learn when ff14 comes out cause whos gonna want to pay for the same bs, i know alot of ppl that wont, espically if u cant transfer anything over.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 16:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's a double edged sword. We tolerate piss poor service just for the sake of being able to continue playing.
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-07-27 16:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea.. I've been playin a little over 4 years now, if you recall a HUGE number of players had been hacked and had to use GDR (Inside job theory out there too). Anywho a month or so after I had use GDR, the same thing happens again. Now not only did they take all my sellables, but they dropped all the EX items that were on my Chary. I sent SE their noterized letter and what not to get my account back, I said I'm aware theres this BS rule you can only do 1 Game Data recovey, even after SE knows the accounts were hacked. So I said just give me my EX items back is all I ask. They say "We cannot you had to have called for a item restore within 7 days of the account being compromised. So its my fault SE took 3 months to get me my account back ? No... its niether my fault they're security system is so pathetic they allowed thousands of players to loose their stuff. Yes it is just a game, but also we pay Real life money to play it. And we spend hours on end doing so. And for some one like me to loose about everything I've earned over a 4 years time I find it very unfair too... now... the question is... what can we do about this?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zangada said:
See the problem is everyone complains but ur all still playing. SE is still making money so why should they care if ur gonna keep paying them to do it. Untill the complaints start costing them money nothing will change. They will learn when ff14 comes out cause whos gonna want to pay for the same bs, i know alot of ppl that wont, espically if u cant transfer anything over.
/stare I know you didn't talk about transferring something from XI to XIV... Here... Let me just transfer my characters from X to XIII. Because THAT makes sense. XD

And, that guy that got his character screwed up isn't playing anymore. But... $13 isn't a big dent in the cashflow.

@ Izey: Nothing! SE retains all rights to 'your' character.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-27 16:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zangada said:
See the problem is everyone complains but ur all still playing. SE is still making money so why should they care if ur gonna keep paying them to do it. Untill the complaints start costing them money nothing will change. .

It costs money, less people are tempted to join when they read about current players complaining. I, myself, do not advise my friends looking for a MMO to join FF XI.

Typical answer : why do you play then ? Well like most of people here, been playing for several years, once you made a MMO your "own place" you just don't want to leave it, even if the customer service shitty, even if released expansion starts to suck more and more, even if we get stupid update etc...
 Garuda.Glaciont
user: glaciont
By Garuda.Glaciont 2009-07-27 16:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"No sir, it's clearly not our problem, it's definitely your internet service provider haxing us"
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... That sounds like an OEM issue.... Sorry...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-27 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Zangada said:
/stare I know you didn't talk about transferring something from XI to XIV... Here... Let me just transfer my characters from X to XIII. Because THAT makes sense. XD

And, that guy that got his character screwed up isn't playing anymore. But... $13 isn't a big dent in the cashflow.

@ Izey: Nothing! SE retains all rights to 'your' character.

you think our complains are pathetic

but your replys sounds more...

Tbest said:
XD Repetitive repetition is repetitive?

your not entertaining me !
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
your not entertaining me !
My what?
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-27 16:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore the spineless worm. His sole purpose of posting is to troll and instigate others for drama and needless arguments among the masses; yet quickly turns into a kiss *** when females show up.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-27 16:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooohh.... Name calling. That's harsh. *Cries in a corner?* I'm just getting some entertainment while I soak up money... Don't be jealous. >.>

O.oa I'll kiss a lot of things.... But, *** is not one of them. >.>
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-27 16:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe he works for se! /panic
 Fairy.Tbest