Ramzus's ~FFXI Hunts~
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-25 21:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats Thizzlethetaru on completing

Challenge 6 (Feb 25th): Obtain all 3 SCNM helmets (e.g. Gnadbhod's Helm) and Nocturnus Mail + Nocturnus Helm

I will be putting up a new challenge in a bit, probably a killing one.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-25 21:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

don't like double posting but i feel this is enough information to start a new post:

Regarding Kill challenges

NM kills will follow the following format:
Restrictions - Certain restrictions will be placed here, i.e. no temps/no meds/no certain job/sub job

Time Limit - pretty self-explanatory, there will either be a certain time limit to kill the monster, or you'll have all the time in the world (don't expect that to happen often)

Formal Attempts - Max # of attempts you can try it with me watching the fight. This means you can dry run as many as you want in your free time, it won't affect the challenge. But, if you blow it on the formal attempt, sux2bu lol!!

Other rules: Absolutely no outside buffs before an attempt, I will be in a party with you prior to fighting it to make sure you don't self buff, this includes anything from protect to bard songs. Also, if someone outside cures you during the attempt, you're disqualified, so you better use /blockaid. Oh yeah, and don't flee hack/pos, ***.

That being said, here's the first kill challenge

*Challenge 7(shared): Kill Odin v1 solo (einherjar)
Reward: 7,000,000G
Restrictions: No ilvl pet items (i.e. sachet, animator etc.) + basic rules
Time Limit: 10 min (einherjar zone timer)
Formal Attempts: 1
Expires: March 8th, 11:59PM PST

*Challenge 7(shared): Kill Odin v1 solo (einherjar)
Reward: 30,000,000G
Restrictions: No PLD, no pet jobs, no migawari if NIN. Basic rules still apply.
Time Limit: 10 min (einherjar zone timer)
Formal Attempts: 2
Expires: March 12th, 11:59PM PST

* denotes shared challenge, and will consider all challenges within a shared challenge completed when one of them is completed.

Challenge 8 (Feb 28th): Complete all 3 Eco Warrior (titles + use exp scroll as proof)
Reward: 2,000,000G
Expires: March 4th, 11:59PM PST
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-02-26 03:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question, why is PLD the only job disabled? I'm aware that these days it's quite possibly the best solo job with certain shields. Where lol-tier mobs are concerned though, and the use of ilvl equipment, those shields hardly mean much. Am I missing something? Ochain blocks 10,000 needles?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-26 04:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

aegis does
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-02-26 04:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Geirrothr(the 10k needles move) is listed as physical DMG everywhere I've looked. Have you actually tested this with Aegis?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-26 04:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis does not reduce 10k needles damage I remember tanking the 3 adds one run and I was standing slightly too close and got one shotted.

If you are saying no ilvl pets then there should be no ilvl weapons or armour for any jobs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-26 07:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

always heard it did, possible i'm mistaken though(in which case, don't understand why pld would be ruled out)

reason for no pets is that it bypasses geirrothr, maybe powder boots and run as you trigger it
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-02-26 07:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

OP'er should be apart of the the dev team lol
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-02-26 08:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if bard could solo. Have scherzo and up to 3/4 other buffs. Not sure if adds could be slept though. but with ilevel gear and buffs/possible regen song it may be possible.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-26 10:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
always heard it did, possible i'm mistaken though(in which case, don't understand why pld would be ruled out)

reason for no pets is that it bypasses geirrothr, maybe powder boots and run as you trigger it

Yeah, I always thought the same thing or I wouldn't have restricted it. If someone is able to test it for me and prove me otherwise I'll unrestrict it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-26 11:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you can with Flee, speaking from experience. Never attempted without Flee, though.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-26 11:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Aegis does not reduce 10k needles damage I remember tanking the 3 adds one run and I was standing slightly too close and got one shotted.

If you are saying no ilvl pets then there should be no ilvl weapons or armour for any jobs.

Missed this. They're not really the same thing, with an ilvl pet you can pretty much just afk through the entire fight other than to resummon after 10k needles.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-26 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

going to put up a few more challenges because i'm going to be busy for a few days and won't have time to deal with adding new ones if they get completed.

Challenge 9 (Feb 26th): Decrown Rani (solo)
Reward: 15,000,000G
Restrictions: No ilvl gear allowed except for weapon. Maximum 3 curative meds (mp, hp, or status removal), 1 immunity med, and 3 offensive meds. Aegis/Ochain are also banned. Basic rules still apply.
Time Limit: 20 min
Formal Attempts: 1
Expires: March 8th, 11:59PM PST

Challenge 10 (Feb 26th): Obtain All 3 Mithran Tracker Weapons
Reward: 10,000,000G
Expires: March 6th, 11:59PM PST
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-26 20:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siral said: »
Wonder if bard could solo. Have scherzo and up to 3/4 other buffs. Not sure if adds could be slept though. but with ilevel gear and buffs/possible regen song it may be possible.

You'll probably need bard for:
marches
scherzo
finale.

Dread spikes will waste too much time or possibly kill you
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-26 20:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

scherzo isn't going to make geirrothr survivable, i'd just go for rdm/war and bring powder boots for it
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-26 20:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's possible to survive geirrothr anyway other than running for it.

i think i may split the odin challenges to be separate cause i've got a lot of people wanting to do tier C so...

edit: forgot i didn't ban ochain on rani, lol bye ochain

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-02-27 04:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With no iLevel armor, she'll be pretty easy?

Hmm, I've actually never tried to solo her, mostly because Enthrall is an annoying turn off. Given a quick analysis of her though, I wonder if it'll be as easy as you say. You would probably need to limit your buffs because of her buff drain effect on melee attacks (very high proc rate, from what I can remember). She has many AoE, so stripping shadows won't be difficult for her. Can she be enfeebled easily? I can't really recall if Caturae, her in particular, are seriously resistant or not.

Meteor might also crush you solo.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-27 04:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

its your choice of no ilevel armor or no meds, could easily faceroll it on whm with ilevel armor
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-02-27 04:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, misread his challenge. Thought no iLevel armor was mandatory, in that case it's a pretty laughable challenge really.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-27 05:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback, wasn't sure how rani was nowadays, new conditions are No ilvl gear allowed except for weapon. Maximum 3 curative meds (mp, hp, or status removal), 1 immunity med, and 3 offensive meds. Aegis/Ochain are also banned. Basic rules still apply.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-02-27 05:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Now it's a pretty interesting challenge. Would definitely try it out myself, if only for the fun of it. Merge Levi and Fenrir rq pls, SE.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-27 15:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

someone tried the challenge today and it may be harder than i anticipated. i'll give it a few more attempts or i may attempt it myself, and depending on the results i'm going to bump it up to S tier and increase the reward from 15 to 25m
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-27 16:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin one is pretty killer, not sure if it's actually possible to do it! Guess that's what makes it S rank tho, not supposed to be easy. Can't think of any viable counters to 5k/10k needles tho
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-02-27 16:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually know of a method but i haven't had a chance to test it but it should work theoretically
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-27 16:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Powder Boots would work, but the usage time on them, ew.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-27 16:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you know when it's going to happen on v1 though, just use boots at 75/50/25 and book it the second hp bar moves.. only need 10 seconds of flee and if you can't do 1% in 20 sec you won't win anyway
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-02-27 16:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Been such a long time since I've done V1 that I forgot he used that at fixed intervals, makes it a lot more reasonable to use boots then!