Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 153 154 155

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2019-03-03 19:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaja. Only cons are no store TP and slightly less str, and the zanshin/seigan benefits so take that into account. You'll want to make up the stp elsewhere at least.
Presumably next iteration will make up the difference more, so there's that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2019-03-03 21:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo still way better, but Kasha is part of your chains so its benefit will be used.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Wotasu 2019-03-04 01:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bippin said: »
Also can any share a current WS set, just so I know what I am working towards.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Samurai_Guide
 Asura.Reidden
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2019-03-04 11:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as Starter sets and Mid sets are concerned, what content do you guys think should be accessible nowadays.

Edit: Updated some sets on OP and will add other stuff later. Somehow forgot how to change an image lol.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2019-03-07 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions on which Valorous piece I should prioritize fishing for a better augment on? I've spent idk how many taupe so far...Oseem sucks for Valorous ;;

Current augments:

Head: STR15/Acc15/Atk3/WSD3

Hands: STR13/Acc4/Atk12/WSD4

Feet: STR15/Acc3/Atk19/WSD4

I want to say head which is, ironically and frustratingly, the one with the best accuracy. I find myself often in situations where I need to swap to a high-acc WS set which then swaps in stuff like Flamma Head/Feet. My current WS set only has 1079 accuracy (hasso up, no foods, no buffs) which I think is what most people would have unless their Val pieces are augmented with a ton of accuracy on top of the str/wsd.

Asura.Reidden said: »
As far as Starter sets and Mid sets are concerned, what content do you guys think should be accessible nowadays.

Edit: Updated some sets on OP and will add other stuff later. Somehow forgot how to change an image lol.

For the high accuracy set, I would swap back in the wakido kote for the ken tekko. Ken has 1 more acc and 22 more dex, but, I think the kote overall would serve better with the stp/hasso+. Especially since you will activate set bonus with Regal ring which closes the accuracy gap between the two even further.
 Bahamut.Xenophane
Server: Bahamut
user: Phaedon
By Bahamut.Xenophane 2019-03-10 14:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd keep those and just wait for the next DM campaign Luna, as most people are using similar augments to those. Typically you wouldn't need a higher ACC WS set unless you were underbuffed.
 Fenrir.Kazeki
Server: Fenrir
user: Kazeki
By Fenrir.Kazeki 2019-03-11 13:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone can confirm what glow the ambu GKT has at the end (tenkomaru lightning or murasemaru bubbles), very much would appreciate it :O tempting to get it soon
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-11 13:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No one knows because the NPC got axed.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-11 14:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kazeki said: »
If anyone can confirm what glow the ambu GKT has at the end (tenkomaru lightning or murasemaru bubbles), very much would appreciate it :O tempting to get it soon
Murasamemaru's model, I wouldn't expect Tenkomaru.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-12 02:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Testing the new GK. It is Murasamemaru's look, and with over 100 stp I'm getting 100% DA. The downside is the 2nd swing nets 0 tp. It seems to proc after all multi-hit, meaning its a failsafe for hitting the extra white damage but not for getting tp.

edit: the initial swing nets full stp returns, with the second swing, if you don't get a multi-attack swing, nets a 0 tp return with odds increasing with STP.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-03-12 02:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for confirming that second bit!

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-12 02:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cloudblade said: »
Testing the new GK. It is Murasamemaru's look, and with over 100 stp I'm getting 100% DA. The downside is the 2nd swing nets 0 tp. It seems to proc after all multi-hit, meaning its a failsafe for hitting the extra white damage but not for getting tp.

edit: the initial swing nets full stp returns, with the second swing, if you don't get a multi-attack swing, nets a 0 tp return with odds increasing with STP.

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

I, personally, use a lot of Double Attack+ gear in my TP set so with that said....Example: I'm meleeing, and a regular Double Attack happens (I get TP for both hits) do I actually get another melee hit in after those 2 hits from the Double Attack?

If that's the case, that's actually nuts! I know, getting another hit in that doesn't generate TP doesn't seem all that significant, but in the end all that extra damage output will add up.

Also, I'm hearing the GK has the same hidden effect as the Murasamemaru? The hidden one that changes the damage type of weaponskills to be non-attribute damage.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-12 02:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I, personally, use a lot of Double Attack+ gear in my TP set so with that said....Example: I'm meleeing, and a regular Double Attack happens (I get TP for both hits) do I actually get another melee hit in after those 2 hits from the Double Attack?

If that's the case, that's actually nuts! I know, getting another hit in that doesn't generate TP doesn't seem all that significant, but in the end all that extra damage output will add up.

Also, I'm hearing the GK has the same hidden effect as the Murasamemaru? The hidden one that changes the damage type of weaponskills to be non-attribute damage.

From what I saw, the free swing happens after all MA procs, but only if no MA procs. For instance, you have 30% DA and you don't get a proc, you will get the free swing. If you get the DA proc, you will not get the free swing. It doesn't keep you from using your MA gear, thankfully, but only procs if your MA gear doesn't.

As to the non-ele, I'm not sure. I could pop a tier 1 in sky to test though.
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-03-12 03:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I saw, the free swing happens after all MA procs, but only if no MA procs. For instance, you have 30% DA and you don't get a proc, you will get the free swing. If you get the DA proc, you will not get the free swing. It doesn't keep you from using your MA gear, thankfully, but only procs if your MA gear doesn't.

As to the non-ele, I'm not sure. I could pop a tier 1 in sky to test though.
^^^^^^^ that , plz let us know :D
By SimonSes 2019-03-12 03:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How is that nuts when Masamune doubles your whole white damage which is far superior to white damage than adding one hit, not to mention other benefits.

The only thing that could make this gkt very useful is same hidden effect as Murasamemaru. Waiting for tests on that.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-12 04:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

How is that nuts when Masamune doubles your whole white damage which is far superior to white damage than adding one hit, not to mention other benefits.

The only thing that could make this gkt very useful is same hidden effect as Murasamemaru. Waiting for tests on that.

I guess I should rephrase. Nuts for someone who, for whatever reason, are unable to make a REMA GK and have to go with this. That's why I said "doesn't seem all that significant". For the typical REMA GK owner, it truly is ingisnigicant. You're right about one thing, though, if it has that same hidden effect as the Murasamemaru then this GK may be very useful.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-12 04:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleting my previous post, but the test results are: the ws's do not bypass shields, and the melee doesn't either.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-03-12 10:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleting my previous post, but the test results are: the ws's do not bypass shields, and the melee doesn't either.

Not too surprised to hear. Oh well....
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-12 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

does it proc before zan hasso procs?
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-12 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
does it proc before zan hasso procs?

I didn't test since it was 5 am, but from what I saw with DA, TA, and the like, I would assume zanhasso procs first. I believe I saw a high tp return on a second swing last night, and that would inicate a zanhasso proc.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-12 15:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Taint 2019-03-12 15:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

QA proc? That’s baller.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-03-12 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, was using my Fudo set, lol. But yeah, that's with SP2 active. My highest w/o SP so far is 86K. POLEARM IS OP!!!111!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 153 154 155