Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-23 13:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not sure why other people don't just check there, it has everything.
Because there is no one to argue with on bgwiki
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-27 06:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Augment Doji, or allocate that gil towards a Masa build? I suppose the proper answer is both, but if you had to choose only one for the time being?
By SimonSes 2019-01-27 07:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Augment Doji, or allocate that gil towards a Masa build? I suppose the proper answer is both, but if you had to choose only one for the time being?

R15 Masamune is better for almost everything. R15 Doji is arguably better for 4-5 step skillchaining when your main focus is skillchain damage, but it's actually a topic to discuss (see top 5 aeonic thread). Masamune is for sure overall better and you should work towards it first.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2019-01-27 07:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Jimmyballsack said: »

R15 Masamune is better for almost everything. R15 Doji is arguably better for 4-5 step skillchaining when your main focus is skillchain damage, but it's actually a topic to discuss (see top 5 aeonic thread). Masamune is for sure overall better and you should work towards it first.
Cool, thanks for affirming my notion. Basically doji for radiance with boosted shohas along the SC path. Masa for everything else.
 Leviathan.Windowpane
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2019-01-29 22:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Smurfyx said: »
So I've pretty much just got samurai to 99 and got a Ichigohitofuri and I need advice on augments and where to start on gear currently i have cleared vagary so i can +1 any armor pretty much.

ItemSet 354851

This is your end goal for SAM as a baseline TP set. After that you can add MA,meva,acc sets etc.

It’s really not that bad to get and you can use NQ items as you build gil and resources.

So this vs. Kenda +1 body/legs multi-attack build, this wins?
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2019-01-30 00:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally have 4 TP sets, switching accordingly during fight:

-Valo Body, Legs, Feet, DA Cape [QA+3 Set], mostly for Masa Fudo zerg.
-Ken Body, Legs, Feet, STP Cape [MEVA Set], if a chilled WHM is present.
-Empy, Ryuo Feet and Legs , Takaha [ZanHasso Set], so close to [QA+3 Set].
-Dagon, Ryuo Feet, Ken [Mixed Set], mostly for Doji multi sc, and works perfectly on Kei.

Accessories, Hands, and Head are fixed for all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-30 01:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Windowpane said: »
Smurfyx said: »
So I've pretty much just got samurai to 99 and got a Ichigohitofuri and I need advice on augments and where to start on gear currently i have cleared vagary so i can +1 any armor pretty much.

ItemSet 354851

This is your end goal for SAM as a baseline TP set. After that you can add MA,meva,acc sets etc.

It’s really not that bad to get and you can use NQ items as you build gil and resources.

So this vs. Kenda +1 body/legs multi-attack build, this wins?

Because of how Zanshin/Hasso work, this set (if you don't need acc) gets obscene amounts of TP. A Zanshin proc in this set will give > 600 TP/hit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-01-30 04:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's the best set for pure DPS, but swapping in Ken +1 body/legs adds 117 meva, while losing minimal DPS. Going further, adding Ken +1 head/feet adds another 107, which totals 224, which is almost as much as a bolster Attunement.

The basic idea is, if you're fighting anything that has a chance to land slow/paralyze/amnesia or whatever, even 1 resist will outweigh the DPS you gain from using the max DPS set. It's not to say the max DPS set doesn't have a place, but use it wisely in situations you know you won't get enfeebled.
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-01-30 05:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding onto ej's post, it's also assuming your party is providing the necessary buffs for you to hit your target at the required acc cap.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-30 05:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
Adding onto ej's post, it's also assuming your party is providing the necessary buffs for you to hit your target at the required acc cap.

Does this need to be said over and over again because people don't understand what the word "baseline" means?
By Foxfire 2019-01-30 06:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that people need to be explained why there's a time and place for kendatsuba, yes.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-30 06:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Does this need to be said over and over again because people don't understand what the word "baseline" means?

You can type it until your fingers bleed, and your keyboard breaks. Never not going to be the case.
[+]
By Taint 2019-01-30 07:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my sets:
[+]
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2019-01-30 08:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that people need to be explained why there's a time and place for kendatsuba, yes.

The obvious m.eva applications and what Kat said are the "time and place" that I am fully aware of. I know when to switch sets and I fully monitor my accuracy in any situation. My question was simply "is this sTP/ZanHasso build better than the full on multi-attack build (that seemed to be considered best a few months ago)?"

I mean maybe you weren't coming at me with that comment, but asking if kenda belongs in the all-out dps set is not the same as understanding there's a time and place for kenda.
[+]
By Foxfire 2019-01-30 10:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't coming at you in any way, no.
The answer to your question, as with all things, is "depends". "Depends" on whether or not you need the meva, "depends" on whether or not you need the accuracy. I was only adding to ejiin's point, I'm not here to induce vitriol in anybody. I'm not making assumptions as to what you do or don't know, but it is a frequent question, so there's no harm in mentioning it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2019-01-30 10:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't coming at you in any way, no.
The answer to your question, as with all things, is "depends". "Depends" on whether or not you need the meva, "depends" on whether or not you need the accuracy. I was only adding to ejiin's point, I'm not here to induce vitriol in anybody. I'm not making assumptions as to what you do or don't know, but it is a frequent question, so there's no harm in mentioning it.

Hey no harm no foul, just couldn't tell if you were implying I didn't know how to use kenda otherwise or if you were just expressing a general narrative for this thread. All good man.
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-01-30 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my sets:
I see you went with path A with your Ryuo Sune-Ate +1

Is that better for than path C? I'm swapping in Kendatsuba when accuracy is an issue.
By Taint 2019-01-30 16:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Here are my sets:
I see you went with path A with your Ryuo Sune-Ate +1

Is that better for than path C? I'm swapping in Kendatsuba when accuracy is an issue.

C is better for a baseline set, I farmed another Abj. but haven't taken the time to upgrade and augment it.

I went path A originally so I could use them in more sets.

I will probably move everything down a slot, after confirming acc values. +1 C > +1 A > Flamma +2 > Kenda +1

Ty for reminding me.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-02-07 12:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I did a thing with my SAM yesterday while temporarily replacing a guy who had to afk for 30 minutes and I had some time on my hands.

Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2019-02-08 20:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

At around what rank can you put the Fotia Neck aside and start using Nodowa +2 for WS? I made an impulse buy, but don’t have enough Gil to R25 this for the next couple of weeks... Oops lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-08 23:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
At around what rank can you put the Fotia Neck aside and start using Nodowa +2 for WS? I made an impulse buy, but don’t have enough Gil to R25 this for the next couple of weeks... Oops lol

Do more RP farms, but probably around R15
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-11 18:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh the kaja tachi really isnt all that great eh? even a mediocre Umaru is going to be better?

Probably so close it really doesnt matter.
By Foxfire 2019-02-11 20:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Decent base damage and stats, potentially competitive for people who don't have anything else

that's my assessment at first glance, though

I imagine that once it hits the next phase + augments it'll be on par, if not best non-REMA -- assuming you can get the same level of augments you can on capes.

edit: maybe having to compensate for sTP might be a pain too, but eh
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-11 20:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely going to get it, just a matter of is it good enough to get second, or wait till next month.

Sword for sure, sorta debating the dagger katana and gk based on if they're going to get used at all, tough call. Almost exclusively matters based on what job is going to be used in ambuscade this and next month.
By eeternal 2019-02-12 03:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

is doji worth augmenting? since shoha damage isn't that great.. doubt 10% will make or break. what's your thoughts?
By geigei 2019-02-12 04:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
is doji worth augmenting? since shoha damage isn't that great.. doubt 10% will make or break. what's your thoughts?
I will but only because masa is left at 90 and i dont feel like droping 300mil on it.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-02-12 06:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I will but only because masa is left at 90 and i dont feel like droping 300mil on it.

IMO it is the best overall GK at R15, definitely provides a considerable amount of versatility and skillchain potential. That being said it will fall behind if the above are not needed.
By eeternal 2019-02-12 07:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.. having Mass R15 just wrecks things up... usually use doji when soloing but seeing shoha's damage not really tempted spending 120m for 10% increase where the ws in the 1st place isn't that great.

I agree tho doji is niche.
By geigei 2019-02-12 07:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything i consider masamune niche, big ws's and white dmg.
Doji have more acc, base dmg, stp, tp bonus, radiance.
 Bahamut.Dbaggins
Server: Bahamut
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-02-12 07:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
If anything i consider masamune niche, big ws's and white dmg.
Doji have more acc, base dmg, stp, tp bonus, radiance.

R15 masa has 70 str though, and as much as I used Doji before I finished r15 masa, that str+Fudo dmg+10%+am3 damage just wrecks ***so much. Even now when I solo I still find myself using masa 9/10 times. Doji imo is way more niche now
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 153 154 155