Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-12-21 16:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
New sitcom on CBS; dramatica comeatmebro pchan and natenn just bantering.

I'm sold.

Can we toss Kuroganashi in with that group? So many lulz would be had.
 Leviathan.Omrat
Server: Leviathan
user: Tarmo
By Leviathan.Omrat 2013-12-21 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the lowest difficulty for armor drops? Is it the same as weapons?
By pchan 2013-12-21 16:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kenesu said: »
Did you have any outside buffs?
Nope. We did enter with 300 TP though. Shell crusher, use it, like it. I suggest any MNK out there getting eminence staff (for acc) and opening with shell crusher. It's basically better than chaos roll. AA EV melted from 100% to 40% in maybe 4 minutes. But then He uses invicible and bene, songs start to wear off soon after etc.

Failed a Very Difficult HM earlier @ 20% because we didn't want to wipe and start over with a fresh soulvoice.

I think I had ~75% hit rate during SV with the following TP and WS gear (using the same gear for TP/WS or else you get owned). Once SV wears off the acc becomes ***though.

Spharai, honed
Lithelimb cap, acc 8 earrings from delve x2
Otronif body+hands+legs+feet augmented with acc and pdt
defending ring, patricius ring

dt or pdt in other slots. You get like 48% pdt this way and 20% mdt (enough to cap with shellra V though).

This gear is at least 50 accuracy away from a normal TP acc gear. Beside otronif is not exactly an acc gear so yeah, I'm possibly 80 accuracy away from my max acc gear. This is in case people take natenn seriously.

According to the spreadsheet it gives 1177 accuracy total (using Sv madrigals, sushi and agressor but not focus to average things, didn't use boost dex either) If my accuracy during SV was indeed 75% this shows that AA EV on very hard has ~1180 evasion. Possibly 1200 ?
By Pantafernando 2013-12-21 17:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Omrat said: »

Have been asking that for some time with no answer.
Suposing ark angel drops work similar to skcnm drops, normal mode normally drop 1 gear each 4 fights.
Ffxidb show an horrible drop rate though. As some of that data should come from people trying to duo/trio, and thats just possible in very easy/easy mode, prob those mode just dont drop gear.
Its a guess. Doubt someone will have a real answer for that.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-12-21 17:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably been done before, but did TT easy mode solo on blu/nin, was pretty ...easy.

Took about 27 minutes with just dart and disseverment for damage, but that was with me messing up and letting him regen for a tick or two, and also wasting half the duration of my 2hr. EDIT: I also got hit by amon drive once (while running out of the arena thankfully), that also wasted some time. You could maybe sneak in a foul waters maybe when he casts an AM to speed it up, not sure.

With better gear/more aggressive dart casting, and some mana recovery items, I wouldn't be surprised if normal mode was doable, but idk how much their stats really go up.

@pantafernando, ffxidb is also showing kills of the regular old AAs, that's why the drop rates appear that abysmal.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 18:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR MNK PLD COR all /nin
By pchan 2013-12-22 03:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

All battles are doable with a PLD, 2 MNKs, 2 BRDs, 1 WHM. If your mnks are semi decent, pld doesn't make sense though, because they will keep the hate. This is why I think GK is best done with 3 MNK/NIN bouncing hate, 2 WHM, 1 BRD plus a couple of outside buffer and an initial 9 minutes shell crusher duration.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-22 09:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Earthen armor+scherzo+no pdt gear makes it virtually impossible to lose galka. All of his ws will do under 200 dmg. You could probably heal it just fine with the BRDs and SMN if you wanted to add in a 3rd buffer for a faster fight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-22 09:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Apparently large boulder case and large pluton box drop from the AA as well: have any of you seem this personally? Hmmm
Yes. From VD AA's everyone in party gets 2 of either cases/boxes and another 2 cases/boxes in pool. No single drops from VD.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-22 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »

WAR MNK PLD COR all /nin

PLD DRG RNG DD, no deaths
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-23 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an FYI to anyone who was wondering, ninja is a very acceptable DD for these fights with proper gear. Making use of innin, I was able to compete/win against 2 very solid MNKs on VD galka.
[+]
 Asura.Thebatman
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Thebatman 2013-12-23 12:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Omrat said: »

I got scamps sollerets from TT on Easy last night when duoing it. So at least as low as easy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-23 13:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote="Phoenix.Dramatica" pid=2524015]Just an FYI to anyone who was wondering, ninja is a very acceptable DD for these fights with proper gear. Making use of innin, I was able to compete/win against 2 very solid MNKs on VD galka.[/quote]

Not that l'm shitting on Ninja or anything, but I assume it would only be a decent choice vs. Galka? As you're able to easily maintain shadows so as to remain in a max DPS set, and not the hybrid builds other DD are required to reguarly utilize. In which case, will only be truly effective vs. Galka, for obvious reasons.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-23 13:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume can be entirely shadow tanked, elvaan I'm not sure with arrogance, Mithra you can scherzo/earthen armor cloudsplitter, and just MDT/migawari manafont on taru. Shouldn't be a problem. None of them have lethal moves that ignore shadows besides the mithra though, and EA+scherzo eats that up entirely if you go that route. You should never need to fulltime a DT set as /nin if hate is bouncing though, just swap as shadows start to drop.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-12-23 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Not that l'm shitting on Ninja or anything, but I assume it would only be a decent choice vs. Galka? As you're able to easily maintain shadows so as to remain in a max DPS set, and not the hybrid builds other DD are required to reguarly utilize. In which case, will only be truly effective vs. Galka, for obvious reasons.
FYI, myself and the other MNK were wearing max accuracy, not hybrids. My profile is currently showing the accuracy set I had on except I was also using Gaubious Ring.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-12-23 13:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see. Well, impressive! and...slightly shocking.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-12-23 13:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely due to NIN having to spend a lot less time casting Utsusemi compared to MNK/NIN.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 13:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Hume can be entirely shadow tanked, elvaan I'm not sure with arrogance, Mithra you can scherzo/earthen armor cloudsplitter, and just MDT/migawari manafont on taru. Shouldn't be a problem. None of them have lethal moves that ignore shadows besides the mithra though, and EA+scherzo eats that up entirely if you go that route. You should never need to fulltime a DT set as /nin if hate is bouncing though, just swap as shadows start to drop.
Arrogance incarnate goes through utsu but does not wipe utsu
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-23 13:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Most likely due to NIN having to spend a lot less time casting Utsusemi compared to MNK/NIN.

Gogo ninjutsu skill item level update!!!!!
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »

Gogo ninjutsu skill item level update!!!!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-23 13:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I

cannot

stop

looking ...........
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-23 13:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

multi doge jutsu on a mug
By pchan 2013-12-26 14:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »

Everything in this posts seems wrong. EA and sherzo don't work on multihit. PDT is a necessity etc. lol.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the multi hit can be avoided by shadows with ease. Cloudsplitter is the only threat. You can EA+Scherzo this and have zero risk. Have been using nin to everything so far since my last post, and due to less time casting shadows it actually has excellent dps in comparison to mnk. I don't need to PDT at all unless shadows drop below 3.
By pchan 2013-12-26 15:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you had done the BCs you'd know that you can't even afford WSing without pdt+mdt. They can break 2k damage on a monk in capped pdt and 2k defense (cocoon, SV minnes, bio II). I'm talking about stuff like CDC or rampage. The HM constantly triple and double attack and has dual wield etc so impossible to keep shadows.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 15:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They hit very slow with elegy on, as ninja I have absolutely no trouble avoiding hits completely. The only time I get hit on mithra is rampage taking more shadows than I have up, or cloudsplitter.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-26 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they have troubles landing Elegy on very hard? I'll have to give ninja a try.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-26 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make sure you get it up with troubadour, if you're doing the double brd route you should be able to have it up the majority of the time. BRD/BLM is an alternative too if you really need it up for the downtimes.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 23