Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sky » Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
Ark Angels II / Divine Might II (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-18 11:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-18 11:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/war and any combination of DD/NIN seems to work, along with a proper support squad of brd, whm, and whatever luxury job you want for the 6th.

Accuracy can be an issue. On MR normal my rng was having acc issues with sushi and acc gear, but no problems when preludes were on me.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2013-12-19 11:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard is it to solo/2box the easiest mode? Seen people post successfully taking down GK and MR but nothing on strat and little on job/setup.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-19 11:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl farm VE for mats solo/duo alot, Veis content lvl 109 i think
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-12-19 11:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
How hard is it to solo/2box the easiest mode? Seen people post successfully taking down GK and MR but nothing on strat and little on job/setup.

SAM/WAR + SCH/RDM (Double box Strat)

I did very easy Mithra with the combination of SAM/WAR + SCH/RDM. I buffed up with Protect V, Shell V, Phalanx and Regen V. I ate Red Curry Bun and used a hybrid DT set with -45% DT. (I would have used Hydra Kofte or Rabbit pies, but I was out and was lazy to get more) I stored TP to 300% for Koga aftermath. I used Perp Embrava right before I engaged and reapplied at 15 seconds before Tabula Rasa wore off. The mule ate Tavnazian Taco and is capped PDT at -50% PDT.

MR hits for about 150 per hit in this setup. The tiger pet hits for about 120. I didn't touch the tiger at all and let it hit me. One of the MR's TP moves does gravity so I left it on myself. It charmed me at around 40% and I ran away with my SCH mule to the entrance of the BC. There, I slept the tiger and tanked MR with the SCH by cure bombing cure IV's. When Keityan was uncharmed, I used SCH's new two hour ability and transferred all my hate to Keityan. I then started attacking MR again. I got 300% TP and then popped my Yaegesumi (new SAM SP) and Fudoed it to under 33% and it immediately does cloudsplitter (which was subsequently absorbed for 0 damage). It seemed like every time I did a WS, it countered me with cloudsplitter. After 2 cloudsplitters absorbed (happened in about 13-15 seconds apart), I did Meikyo and did 3 Tachi:Fudo (greatly enhanced by Yaegesumi). Total fight time was 5 minutes. All this detailing was probably unnecessary but since it was my first time double boxed, this is what I did. I was 1/1 for beryllium ore.

You can probably pull this off with any DD job + Healing job assuming cloudsplitter isn't as annoying as in Normal mode. I personally didn't want to take any risks of taking any full damage cloudsplitters since in normal, it was hitting for 1k+.

tl;dr
1. Buff up with Prot/Shell/RegenV/Embrava/Phalanx.
2. Fight it to ~40%, where it charms you.
3. Sleep DD if not gravity. Use the mule to kite and face tank the NM. Sleep the pet.
4. Use Capers Emissaries on DD when uncharmed.
5. Use Yaegesumi at 35% and immediately WS it to under 33%.
6. Kill it before cloudsplitter does any damage. (Meikyo)
 Phoenix.Innina
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-12-19 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the drop rate on VE look like for chapters? Just wondering if its worth even doing. o.ob
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2013-12-19 12:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »

SAM/WAR + SCH/RDM (Double box Strat)

I did very easy Mithra with the combination of SAM/WAR + SCH/RDM. I buffed up with Protect V, Shell V, Phalanx and Regen V. I ate Red Curry Bun and used a hybrid DT set with -45% DT. (I would have used Hydra Kofte or Rabbit pies, but I was out and was lazy to get more) I stored TP to 300% for Koga aftermath. I used Perp Embrava right before I engaged and reapplied at 15 seconds before Tabula Rasa wore off. The mule ate Tavnazian Taco and is capped PDT at -50% PDT.

MR hits for about 150 per hit in this setup. The tiger pet hits for about 120. I didn't touch the tiger at all and let it hit me. One of the MR's TP moves does gravity so I left it on myself. It charmed me at around 40% and I ran away with my SCH mule to the entrance of the BC. There, I slept the tiger and tanked MR with the SCH by cure bombing cure IV's. When Keityan was uncharmed, I used SCH's new two hour ability and transferred all my hate to Keityan. I then started attacking MR again. I got 300% TP and then popped my Yaegesumi (new SAM SP) and Fudoed it to under 33% and it immediately does cloudsplitter (which was subsequently absorbed for 0 damage). It seemed like every time I did a WS, it countered me with cloudsplitter. After 2 cloudsplitters absorbed (happened in about 13-15 seconds apart), I did Meikyo and did 3 Tachi:Fudo (greatly enhanced by Yaegesumi). Total fight time was 5 minutes. All this detailing was probably unnecessary but since it was my first time double boxed, this is what I did. I was 1/1 for beryllium ore.

You can probably pull this off with any DD job + Healing job assuming cloudsplitter isn't as annoying as in Normal mode. I personally didn't want to take any risks of taking any full damage cloudsplitters since in normal, it was hitting for 1k+.

tl;dr
1. Buff up with Prot/Shell/RegenV/Embrava/Phalanx.
2. Fight it to ~40%, where it charms you.
3. Sleep DD if not gravity. Use the mule to kite and face tank the NM. Sleep the pet.
4. Use Capers Emissaries on DD when uncharmed.
5. Use Yaegesumi at 35% and immediately WS it to under 33%.
6. Kill it before cloudsplitter does any damage. (Meikyo)

many thanks, doesn't sound too crazy. 2x bst would probably kill too slow i assume (lv109 pets)? same for thf + mage i imagine.... I'll have to mess around with my options and see how it goes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2013-12-19 13:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Innina said: »
Whats the drop rate on VE look like for chapters? Just wondering if its worth even doing. o.ob

You'll get 1 paper from personal pool and 1 in the pool itself. If you're after +1 i119 artifact armor, this seems like a very good way of doing it since you'll need to get the crafting item anyway. You can do the ReM trials by exp burning and use sparks to get papers. Then you can do the BC's and get more papers. Generally, papers won't be the limiting factor; it'll be the crafting items.
[+]
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-12-19 13:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Phoenix.Innina said: »

You'll get 1 paper from personal pool and 1 in the pool itself. If you're after +1 i119 artifact armor, this seems like a very good way of doing it since you'll need to get the crafting item anyway. You can do the ReM trials by exp burning and use sparks to get papers. Then you can do the BC's and get more papers. Generally, papers won't be the limiting factor; it'll be the crafting items.
Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
By Zoolot 2013-12-19 17:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beat Ark Angel EV on very easy with just MNK/WAR and my mule on WHM/SCH. I ate carbonera and had at least 2300 HP in each gear set (without food). I had a DT that was 23% damage taken for the Arrogance Incarnate. In that set it was dealing about 1000-2000 damage each time. When I tried it earlier before I made the set, it had done more than 2k damage. Mantra and inner strength also helped. Most of the other moves or spells do not deal nearly as much and easily curable. It took almost 30 minutes to kill since it does Shield Strike very frequently which stunned me. I was probably stunned for more than half of the fight.

I got an exalted log in the shared pool.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-19 18:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing VE/TT with THF+WHM, takes about 8 minutes. No threat at all. Just be careful when it spams guilotine and steal manafont so it can't meteor

RDM/NIN can also kill VE/TT rather easily. Just shadows up and stone1/2 it down.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-21 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the minimum difficulty you need to have cleared to gain access to DM2?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-12-21 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Normal difficulty, as stated in the official update notes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-21 12:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Normal difficulty, as stated in the official update notes.

Greatly appreciated, I didn't put alot of stock in them since people were saying the EV location was wrong etc ~

My fault for making an assumption
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-21 12:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did very easy galka as mnk/war+whm/sch, just fulltime turtle it and it's easy. Save mantra for the last 25% when it gains access to fudo, try to cureskin on the skillchains. Even a low damage fudo can do some nasty light with a 4step SC. Caught me off guard and killed me once, but otherwise easy fight. Ignored wyvern, was only hitting for 30 with taco+defensive set.
By pchan 2013-12-21 13:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

did difficult EV with mnkx2 whmx2 brdx2 in 12 minutes.
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2013-12-21 13:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have any outside buffs?
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-12-21 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the lowest difficulty the weapons are known to drop on?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-21 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal but some items have only been seen on difficult and very difficult.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
did difficult EV with mnkx2 whmx2 brdx2 in 12 minutes.
ok
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-21 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize that pchan is in fact a more useful poster than you? I'm pretty sure everyone gets that he makes really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE posts sometimes, but there really isn't a need to make stupid posts like that every single time he posts something.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 15:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
You do realize that pchan is in fact a more useful poster than you? I'm pretty sure everyone gets that he makes really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE posts sometimes, but there really isn't a need to make stupid posts like that every single time he posts something.
How do use "Pchan" and "useful" in the same sentence and expect me or anyone else to think you are being serious? He runs amok blabbing he kills t5s MNK/WAR which is a lie since even if you full timed PDT MNK/WAR you would die with 1 whm or even in then highly unlikely event they don't die they would time out with 2 because you have to TP in acc+100 at least.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-12-21 15:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He's actually posted a lot of relevant information on the new content, and occasionally has a good bit of information on MNK. I'm far from a pchan fan, but you seem to make a reply like the above every single time he posts. He actually contributes in small ways, when he's not delving into HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE subjects like french maths.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

He's actually posted a lot of relevant information on the new content, and occasionally has a good bit of information on MNK. I'm far from a pchan fan, but you seem to make a reply like the above every single time he posts. He actually contributes in small ways, when he's not delving into HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE subjects like french maths.
Half of the stuff you deem "relevent" is just his opinion and him calling it optimal when it isn't. But in the spirit of christmas i will leave it at that, you have a nice holiday sir or madam. <3
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-12-21 15:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
Half of the stuff you deem "relevent" is just his opinion and him calling it optimal when it isn't. However, I really don't want this conversation to go further in depth due to the high probability of it resulting in me looking like a tool, so I'll try to smooth it over and imply finality.
ftfy
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-21 16:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan may be an asshat but let's face it, we're all secretly cheering him on because no one really wants to use *** rangers.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2013-12-21 16:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Pchan may be an asshat but let's face it, we're all secretly cheering him on because no one really wants to use *** rangers.
more like all the good rngs quit
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-12-21 16:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
What is the lowest difficulty the weapons are known to drop on?

Normal is the lowest reported, iirc.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23