Making AF upgrades even easier!
By Spiraboo 2013-12-05 06:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

- Vial of black beetle blood
- Phoenix feather
- Square of damascene cloth
- Spool of malboro fiber
- Piece of oxblood

how does the 2k points items worth 2k points....
By Pantafernando 2013-12-05 07:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
- Phoenix feather
- Spool of malboro fiber
- Piece of oxblood

And to think those costed 10k pre update...

Btw, cipher zeid should be a statue?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-12-05 07:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alliance shirts all day.
 Cerberus.Koyote
Server: Cerberus
user: koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2013-12-05 07:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is outta ideas to make us keep playing this game
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-05 07:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
- Phoenix feather
- Spool of malboro fiber
- Piece of oxblood

And to think those costed 10k pre update...

Btw, cipher zeid should be a statue?
Nah, it's more like your adventuring fellow. It has to do with a new NPC companion system they're adding in the next update.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-05 07:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow....those uh....those prizes suck...
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-12-05 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

2,000 - Vial of black beetle blood - Phoenix feather - Square of damascene cloth - Spool of malboro fiber - Piece of oxblood how does the 2k points items worth 2k points....

Yeah, what am I missing here? Why do these cost 2k?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-05 08:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They're the AF upgrade materials, but 2k was dumb.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahnyeuem
user: kasain
By Fenrir.Ahnyeuem 2013-12-05 09:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Only two worth while are Zeid and SKC 30 points not 100. I wonder what is Prishas fate.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-12-05 09:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i've had to wait upwards of 20 minutes for someone to gtfo of the apollyon/temenos zone I want to farm more than a few times, those limbus rewards aren't too bad.

Its a nice alternative to get the af1+1 mats when the 119 AF comes out and everyone that procrastinated on making the 109 version wants to do it suddenly because more pieces are useful.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-12-05 10:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why only Apollyon stuff I wonder

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Tigertail
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2013-12-05 10:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No Kupons for Dyna beaucidine or Xarcabard relic gear this time.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-12-05 11:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
They're the AF upgrade materials, but 2k was dumb.

I have to agree, I can understand the logic in the capacity of basing it off of how some those item's prices have spiked to a range of 500k-1M on some servers. But at the same time those items drop like candy from KSNMs, KCNMS, and HKCNMs etc.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2013-12-05 11:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Why only Apollyon stuff I wonder

Probably so they can put Temenos items on the list for Login Campaign 7...
[+]
By dinendale 2013-12-05 12:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon they will give relics/mythics and empys with login campaign \o/
By Fasaga 2013-12-05 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why people complain about login campaigns. In general, they help with old content that easy but annoying. For example, from the last campaign I got 5 full sets of T1 Znm trophies. Sure I could have easily farmed the ~45k Zeni and ran all around the aht urgan areas killing the t1s in a minute. But if I can only play an hour or so a day I don't wanna spend it running around to pop simple NMs. As someone mentioned earlier, a lot of the things they add simply cut out time spent farming old content. Last month it was znms, this month it's limbus. No matter what they give you, they are still giving you something. And for that, I am happy.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-05 20:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

No complaints here. I'll load up on SKCs (non-sendable from same account) on my main, to do the Rem's Tale fights for reforged AF. Reduced SKC cost is VERY welcome - you're looking at about 7 free SKCx20 orbs if you log in every day and spell all your points on SKCs.

On mules, I'll either continue the Beastly Shank grind, or snag some 2000 point upgrade materials, or both. Maybe sprinkle a few Apollyon materials in there.

On my server some of these materials right now are getting up to 300-400k a piece due to demand, which may get even higher as AF is ugraded to iLevel 119 and people start drooling over upgrades. So the increased circulation is welcome indeed to AF upgraders, and for people who don't care it's free gil.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-12-05 21:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The complaints aren't about the login campaigns' existence. The complaints are generally about how the arrangement of items and their point costs are reflective of the dev's inability to understand how their own game functions.

Yes, it's nice, but no, the choices do not really make sense most of the time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-06 01:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
The complaints aren't about the login campaigns' existence. The complaints are generally about how the arrangement of items and their point costs are reflective of the dev's inability to understand how their own game functions.

Yes, it's nice, but no, the choices do not really make sense most of the time.

I disagree, many of the recent rewards seem rather intelligently designed to me.

Sacred Kindred Crests, Apollyon items, and Reforged AF crafting materials are all items that directly impact a major new piece of content: reforged/i-level AF. I'm personally excited to see how the lv119 AF turns out (and some of the updated pieces are already pretty nice), and I have lots of pieces to upgrade for my jobs. The more SKCs - and AF+1 mats/craft items from my mules - the better. It's not only free stuff, but it's stuff I was going to have to take my time to get anyway since it directly impacts brand new content that I'd like to do.

Adding beads to the rewards allows for easier Delve runs for the people who have had trouble doing full 5NM+Boss runs, fitting exactly with the dev strategy of having hard content that is initially targeted at the higher end players, and eventually making it easier for larger portions of the FFXI population. I've been helping friends on boss runs taking out some of the annoying mobs to get them their wins, and it's a nice addition to give some setups that last push they need to get a clear.

Empy+2 items? Cool. Not that the content is terribly hard, but it's nice to not have to worry about finishing up items you may have missed.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-06 01:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

2,000 points, nearly* half of what I'm going to get over the entire duration of the event, for an item that I can get in less than an hour by killing a sky god is intelligent design?

I went to sky and killed Byakko 6 times with pop items that I bought for 10k each and walked away with four Morbol Fibers in less than an hour.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-12-06 01:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also get fibers from oscar in 5 minutes as any job
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-12-06 01:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more interested in them bringing back the crafting campaign got 7 crafts needing 110 blue box
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2013-12-06 02:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Well i've had to wait upwards of 20 minutes for someone to gtfo of the apollyon/temenos zone I want to farm more than a few times, those limbus rewards aren't too bad.

Its a nice alternative to get the af1+1 mats when the 119 AF comes out and everyone that procrastinated on making the 109 version wants to do it suddenly because more pieces are useful.

Last time I went to Apollyon NW I have waited 55 minute for a jp duo to clear 2 floors (they were on 4th floor whan I first sent my tell)... I'm clearing the entire zone in less than 30 min as solo DNC. When AF 119 will be out it will be sparta to enter these zones :(
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-06 02:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
2,000 points, nearly* half of what I'm going to get over the entire duration of the event, for an item that I can get in less than an hour by killing a sky god is intelligent design?

I went to sky and killed Byakko 6 times with pop items that I bought for 10k each and walked away with four Morbol Fibers in less than an hour.

Eh, fair enough that they aren't that hard to get. No way I'd get anything but SKCs on my main, and realistically I'll probably use my mules for more shanks and a few Apollyon items. The craft materials should be cheaper (500 points seems more like it, maaaaybe 1000).

But still, it's all free stuff on a mule. Especially for people who have a bunch of mules, they don't want to go screw around getting sky pops, trading to a leveled main, and going to farm stuff. They just want quick and easy usable or sellable items. I don't know that I'd necessarily blame anyone for turning 2000 login points a currently 400k+ item for zero effort. That's a better points/gil ratio than any current sellable login campaign item (no effort involved... i.e. the chance of turning a beastly shank into a savory, etc.)

By all means, farm your own crap if you want though. What is the real complaint in getting items for nothing more than LOGGING IN anyway? Free is free. Sorry they aren't just handing out mythics, but I'm fine with getting anything legitimately useful.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-12-06 03:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
I'm more interested in them bringing back the crafting campaign got 7 crafts needing 110 blue box
what lvl are the 7 mules currently in the crafts?

100-106 on most have around 200m worth of mats just waitin and salivatin
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-12-06 03:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Eh, fair enough that they aren't that hard to get. No way I'd get anything but SKCs on my main, and realistically I'll probably use my mules for more shanks and a few Apollyon items. The craft materials should be cheaper (500 points seems more like it, maaaaybe 1000).

But still, it's all free stuff on a mule. Especially for people who have a bunch of mules, they don't want to go screw around getting sky pops, trading to a leveled main, and going to farm stuff. They just want quick and easy usable or sellable items. I don't know that I'd necessarily blame anyone for turning 2000 login points a currently 400k+ item for zero effort. That's a better points/gil ratio than any current sellable login campaign item (no effort involved... i.e. the chance of turning a beastly shank into a savory, etc.)

By all means, farm your own crap if you want though. What is the real complaint in getting items for nothing more than LOGGING IN anyway? Free is free. Sorry they aren't just handing out mythics, but I'm fine with getting anything legitimately useful.

yeah I haven't got any problem with free ***, but their categories and prices are still straight out of Dumbfuck Mountain.
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-12-06 15:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an idea, put old abjurations on that and let's see how many people take advantage of it.
First Page 2