Jump Sets
First Page 2
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-08-31 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a current Jump set for all jumps?
By Ophannus 2013-08-31 19:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a bit of spreadsheeting and found this to be pretty top tier for capped attack situations. I was unable to find pieces to really increase DPS higher than a set like this.

<set name="Spirit Jump" baseset="Jump">
<feet>Lncr. Schynbld. +2</feet>
<legs>Lncr. Cuissots +2</legs>
<waist>Windbuffet Belt</waist>
<back>Atheling Mantle</back>
<body>Lncr. Plackart +2</body>
<hands>Ogier's Gauntlets</hands>
<lring>K'ayres Ring</lring>
<rring>Rajas Ring</rring>
<lear>Bladeborn Earring</lear>
<rear>Steelflash Earring</rear>
<neck>Ganesha's Mala</neck>
<head>Sceamol Band</head>
<ammo>Hagneia Stone</ammo>
</set>

<set name="Soul Jump" baseset="Spirit Jump">
<feet>Mikinaak Greaves</feet>
</set>

If ATK/ACC aren't capped then Yaotyl Helm would beat Sceamol and Miki Hands would beat Ogier. Also Huginn is apparently a downgrade from AF3+2 feet and from Miki Feet for Spirit/Soul respectively for overal DPS.If you're gearing for straight damage, different gear is needed but the above sets will optimize your overall DPS accounting for TP gain from Jumps and how many extra WS you'll gain from it over time. I don't bother with special Jump/High Jump sets because optimizing those actually does require crap like Conte Cosciales/Conte Corazza(the TP bonus on this actually raises overall DPS more than say Mikinaak which has vastly more STR/DEX/ACC etc).
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-08-31 21:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try looking at Ker's flanchard in the spreadsheet for spirit/soul jump.

Also, listing the slots from feet backwards really weirds my eyes out.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-08-31 21:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cizin hands + feet(each with 2 dbl attack augments) and Yaoyotl helm easily beats ogiers hands, miki feet and screamol band for jumps while only losing 1 stp, could use phorcys head if you really need that 1 stp.

edit forgot about miki feet stp so you lose 6 stp, would have to change a few other things if you need that stp
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-08-31 22:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I'm seeing that change as a dps loss for soul jump on the spreadsheet. I assume we're talking about soul jump anyway, as Lancer feet stomp all over everything for spirit jump.

Ogier set:763.194 dps
Cizin set:762.187 dps

1.007 DPS differnce in favor of the Ogiers set.

Of course that's a tiny difference. And there are several other uses for Cizin. If using that set frees up some space, by all means. Personally, I don't have a sceamol band. And I don't really wanna go get one, or carry it for that matter. So I'm using Yaoyotl helm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-09-01 01:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I use asperity because hahava has not been cooperative if you are using mala you would have to get a bit creative to use cizin and have enough store tp.

I am curious though how if take away tp as an issue 7 double attack and way more stats loses to 5 double attack and significantly lower stats, if you are just using the spreadsheets without editing they don't have the double attack augments or the 3 double attack on jumps factored in yet you gotta add that to the stats.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-09-01 05:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. It seems I did make a mistake of sorts with Cizin feet. While I did add the DA+2 augment for the feet, I did it on a separate entry called CizinDA+2. So I could quickly compare augmented and blank pieces.

Thing is, the spreadsheet automatically accounts for the Jump +3% DA on cizin greaves.... But only if the item name in the feet cell is "Cizin" exactly. So my CizinDA+2 was 3% DA short in my previous comparison. Revising dps values.

A brief aside... Has anyone actually tested if that "Jump: DA+3%" applies to spirit and soul jump?

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I am curious though how if take away tp as an issue 7 double attack and way more stats loses to 5 double attack and significantly lower stats,
Why wouldn't TP be an issue? Those values were DPS(Damage per second.) Not per hit jump dmg. Of course jump TP gain is going to affect that. Anyway, revised dps values.

Cizin set:762.903 DPS
Ogier set:763.194 DPS

0.291 dps difference. While the gap has narrowed considerably, the end result is the same. Changing neck in both sets to asperity...

Cizin set:762.451 DPS
Ogier set:762.703 DPS

0.252 dps difference. Still favoring Ogier set.

Btw, the per-hit jump dmg for these sets(Also, going back to ganesha). Note: the jump dmg/round cell in the spreadsheet accounts for the effects of multihit when calculating the avg dmg per jump.

Ogier Jump dmg/rnd:1100.61
Cizin Jump dmg/rnd:1137.18

36.57 more dmg per jump on Cizin. That's about a 0.033% dmg increase. So, it does hit slightly harder per hit.

But the per hit DMG of jump, is far less important than increasing WS frequency and DMG. Soul jump has a triple tp modifier. So the effect of any STP gear is literally tripled. And even if you're over the required STP to maintain your hit build with jumps, any additional TP still contributes to WS dmg. Since we have a dmg varies with TP ws.

Ultimately, the difference in this case is miniscule.

Edit:Having noticed that I just jumped to the top of the most viewed for my server.... I'd like to note that my FFXIAH sets are painfully out of date. Please don't use them as a reference for current gear sets. <,<;;
[+]
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-09-01 07:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

when Martel or Ihm gonna make a DRG guide? :p
By Ophannus 2013-09-01 08:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm telling you, Ogier hands beats out DA hands for total DPS, not Jump Damage though, otherwise I'd say use freakin' Lancer Vambraces.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-20 03:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Cizin Greaves with Double Attack +2% be better than using Mikinaak Greaves for Jump and High Jump? Not sure if that Store TP for Jump and High Jump is needed more than Double Attack +5%
By gmg123 2013-10-21 20:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the point was made earlier that in jump/high jump sets many other gear changes would be required. the reason they were not included is because in today's FFXI DRG should be only using soul/spirit jumps for tp gain/dmg. as the newer jumps have tp mods and over all better tp gain, especially with the proper emp gear in the set used.

If you were actually asking for spirit/soul and misnamed them then please forgive me. If you truly meant jump/high jump, I believe this is correct.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 22:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked this guy his name... Vlorsutes. What should I do for Spirit/Soul?

Should I get +2 legs and feet or stack multi attacks?

He said stack multi-attacks my son!!! Stack multi-attacks, Double attack, Triple attack, Quadruple attack if you got it wear it.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-21 22:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

gmg123 said: »
I believe the point was made earlier that in jump/high jump sets many other gear changes would be required. the reason they were not included is because in today's FFXI DRG should be only using soul/spirit jumps for tp gain/dmg. as the newer jumps have tp mods and over all better tp gain, especially with the proper emp gear in the set used.

If you were actually asking for spirit/soul and misnamed them then please forgive me. If you truly meant jump/high jump, I believe this is correct.

I am asking because there are times where your wyvern is not present... I run with JP's for my delve runs most of the time and they would rather i put away my wyvern, Because it screws up the stunners when the wyvern uses breath attacks. so my Spirit/Soul Jumps end up lacking because of it... so I decided to make a Jump/High Jump set instead for these situations. Also when you use Spirit Surge your wyvern is removed and there is no reason to use Spirit/Soul Jump because they don't get the Spirit Surge bonus.

Now if I'm wrong please correct me and point me in the right direction.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 22:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

its only on mobs where you can not inflict magical damage i.e the Raptor in Morimar, and the Jagil in Foret etc.

outside of those mobs your wyvern is a welcome addition.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-21 22:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
its only on mobs where you can not inflict magical damage i.e the Raptor in Morimar, and the Jagil in Foret etc.

outside of those mobs your wyvern is a welcome addition.

Yes... and I wish that was the case with the group i go with... but it has nothing to do with the magical damage that the wyvern puts out it has to do with the SCHs stunning.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2013-10-21 22:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They need better stun bots...
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2013-10-21 23:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

/equip ear1 Kris Kross
/equip ear2 Van Halen
[+]
By gmg123 2013-10-22 10:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Rendra:
You are correct in that you need your wyvern out for spirit/soul to get the better tp gain from emp gear/jump mods. However since those two jumps came out I personally only use spirit/soul, even when my wyvern is not present. Spirit/soul are basically jump/high jump when your wyvern is not present.

However I have not done the testing myself or read anyone who has to see if soul acts like high jump with the hate depletion when your wyvern is not out.

These days I only use jump/high jump when drg in vw. which is becoming ever so rare, to do anything more then uptala for my LS.

Personally I cant justify the macro space, or inventory space to macro/gear my drg for jump, high jump, spirit jump, and soul jump. I would rather simply equip myself for spirit/soul jumps, and move on.

Side Note:
There is a discussion somewhere concerning multi-attack gear in jump sets. Iirc it has been confirmed to use stp gear to get the best tp gain from jumps over multi-attack gear. I have done my own personal testing on this. and when I stacked all multi-attack gear "when it proced" I was impressed with the amount of tp gain I had. When it didn't proc, I was short tp for my ws. I now use stp gear and if I can stack multi-attack gear on the same piece, or in a spot I dont have gear for stp I do. Also wind buffet/ mala are always to be used imo. In my jump sets now my main focus is stp, and secondary multi-attack gear. When I spirit/soul I can always ws after. So from a damage over time stand point, I believe the more consistent ability to ws after my jumps provides me with better damage.

Disclaimer:
I am very sorry for the moderately long post, brow beaten discussion re-invoked from a former thread, and if any of my understandings and statements are misinformed, or just not up-to-date.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-10-22 20:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rule of thumb: Use enough STP gear to work in your 5hit. For example, with my set, I get about ~20 TP per hit on a normal swing, so I would therefore want Spirit Jump to give me 40 TP and Soul Jump to give me 60 TP, that way after 2 hits, I can soul jump for 60 TP which puts me at 100% TP and save myself 3 attack rounds; Spirit Jump gives 40 and thus when I'm naturally at 60 TP from 3 natural attack rounds, Spirit Jump puts me at 100 which saves me 2 attack rounds.

Prioritty for Jump gear should be STP to reduce # of swings to get to 100% TP. The second most valuable stat would be multi hit(increases DPS the most) so DA/TA/QA etc...

These sets are optimized for my TP build and give higher DPS values than other sets for me according to the DPS calculator.

Quote:
<set name="Spirit Jump" baseset="Jump">
<feet>Lncr. Schynbld. +2</feet>
</set>
<set name="Soul Jump" baseset="Spirit Jump">
<feet>Mikinaak Greaves</feet>
</set>

I'm considering replacing Lancer Cuissots with Cizin Breeches since I have a 1% DA augment on it and 3% DA might beat out 10% damage.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-27 05:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For all 4 Jump sets this is what I'm using... I do have a Sceamol Band but I think the stats on Y Helm just seem to be better... Just my opinion. Also all Cizin Pieces Hands, Legs and Feet have DA+2% and PDT+4%

Cizin for Legs and feet
ItemSet 314807
Cizin for Legs and feet
ItemSet 314808

ItemSet 314802

ItemSet 314803
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2013-10-27 06:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i am using atm.

Trying to mix acc, multiattack-gear with enough store-TP stuff to get x*20TP per jump.

ItemSet 314797

ItemSet 314798
By Ophannus 2013-10-27 09:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rendra get the f*** out of my xml! You have the exact same jump sets as me the only difference is I use Sceamol. I'm considering dropping it but it really does increase jumps DPS a good chunk but I'll consider it again.
By Ophannus 2013-10-27 15:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rendra, can you switch out Ogier for Cizin, since Yaoytl+Cizin= 9STP vs Sceamol+Ogier=10STP, either way I get 47TP on Spirit Jump and 61TP on Soul Jump, more than enough on both for a 5 hit, plus Cizin Hands can get 2% DA so the only think you lose out from Sceamol is 3%, but you gain like 26 STR, 25 ACC, 28 DEX, 19 ATT. You lose like 3 DA and 1 STP though.

Actually now that I look at it, Spirit Jump only needs 40-42ish TP to be adequate for a good 5 hit. If you're getting ~19.8-21.0ish TP per hit, as long as Spirit Jump gives >41ish TP you're good. With Rendra's set, Spirit Jump is giving like 47% TP which means you could probably drop some STP for other stats like DA/QA/TA, perhaps like hands can be swapped to AF3 or something? Otherwise after 3 swings(should give ~60% TP if using a 5hit) then the Spirit Jump which gives >40% TP will have some overflow, which is wasted.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-28 07:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I took Ophannus's advice and removed Ogier's and started using Cizin Hands/legs. I tested Spirit Jump a bit and never got under 42 TP, but when i first started testing it I was subbed RDM and then changed to /sam and never fell below 47 with /sam.
By Ophannus 2013-10-28 15:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent tried Cizin legs yet, Ive been using AF3 but I suppose the 3-5% DA are prob better overall than 10% DMG. Rule of thumb is as long as Spirit Jump gives >41% TP and Soul Jump gives >60% TP, you're good. Your 5 hit build TP set should be giving 19.8-21.0+ TP per hit and your Stardiver should be giving 19-21 as well but a little extra on Jumps helps offset the inevitable 3 hit stardiver.

If you're getting more than 45% TP on Spirit Jump, that extra TP really is superfluous. In that case, you can deduct some STP gear and replace with other gear, giving preference to DA/TA/QA,ACC, DMG etc, probably in that order since the goal of the Jumps is primarily to increase WS frequency. The damage of the Jumps themselves are rather negligible in the grand scheme of things. Again to repeat for emphasis for new/inexerienced DRGs, the general use of Jumps is not really for damage, but primarily to reduce the # of hits to reach 100% TP. So if you have a proper 5 hit and every swing grants 20% TP, you naturally reach 100% in 5 hits. If you have a proper Stardiver build, Stardiver(assuming 4 hits land) should grant you 20% TP roughly, which counts as the 'first hit'. If you're at 40% TP, and your Soul Jump gear is prepped to give you 60% TP with the above gear, BAM, you just shaved off 3 swings off your TP phase. If you're at 60% TP and you Spirit Jump with enough STP, you should be getting 40+ which will save you 2 attack rounds.

Always put a little extra such that Spirit gives ~41-42% and Soul Jump gives 61-62% TP. Again to reiterate, the reason for that is if you have a 20%/hit setup and your Jumps give exactly 40/60, then when you get a 3hit Stardiver(with capepd 95% acc, this happens 19% of the time) you will end up at 98-99% TP which drastically slows down your WS frequency. Again, even with capped ACC, you will miss a hit of Stardiver 1/5 times and thus you have to account for that by putting a bit extra TP in your 5hit and Jump sets, ideally an amount such that 19+X+X+X+X=>100 where X is the TP value that your TP phase gear gives you, like 20.3 or higher.
 Odin.Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-10-29 05:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I took out Cizin Mufflers and played around with Lancer's Hands +2 and with Spirit Jump i can get 45TP and with Soul Jump i can get 59TP... If i used Cizin Mufflers for Soul Jump i can get 61TP I think i may need to stick with Cizin Mufflers for Soul Jump but Spirit Jump should be ok with Lancer's Hands+2.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-11-04 12:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hrmmmmm new jump thingies

edit: sorry for the extremely ugly/lazy copy paste job I did there. It's way past bed time

edit2: Laziness fixed. Post fixed too
By Ophannus 2013-11-04 22:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like Skystrider,Barone/Conte Corazza and the new Adoulin polearm Chanar Xyston, the Jump TP bonus will only affect Jump and High Jump. A really sad thing if it's true.

On the brighter side, the legs are good for Healing Breath and the head MIGHT have a better threshold to activate Healing Breath when /mage but the again who really gives a fukc about DRG/Mage, that's only for solo anyway.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-11-06 10:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, does jump tp bonus transfer to all hits if you proc a multi-hit?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-11-06 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Takagi said: »
Out of curiosity, does jump tp bonus transfer to all hits if you proc a multi-hit?
Does not. Jump TP bonus applies to the first hit of a jump only.
First Page 2