Forum » Windower » Support » Windower Crash on Logout
Windower Crash on Logout
 Bismarck.Jarlax
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: AgroMonk
By Bismarck.Jarlax 2013-07-13 00:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, with this log-in campaign in full force I have been noticing a constant issue. About every 3-5 log-in / log-outs windower will crash, killing the client.

I have tried to replicate the problem with running straight from POL, no windower and have had zero errors. However, switching back to windower, never fails. It's not always on the logging in, sometimes it's exiting. Either way, it is extremely frustrating with 16 toons on 2 accounts with an average of 8 crashes and having to keep logging in.

For the meantime, I am using the base POL client, then logging out completely so I can log in on windower on my main. Any ideas about this?
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-13 01:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

welcome to windower
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-07-13 01:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its always been like that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alteubent
Server: Bahamut
user: Alteubent
By Bahamut.Alteubent 2013-08-10 23:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things that might work for you.

You could create another profile without plugins and add-ons loaded from the start. Then after you are done collecting points and are back on the character you plan on playing just run a //exec init.txt that will load add-ons and plugins you want.

Or before you go to switch characters you can:
//lua unloadall
//unloadall

When the plugins are unloaded you shouldnt have issues going between characters.

With even less loading and unloading you could setup the plugins to load on a specific character and load the non plugin using characters first to collect points, then load your playing character.
By Skyfawn 2013-08-15 17:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same problem here, I can log in a char then swap to 2 other chars with no problem but if I try to swap again (my 4th char total) It is a guaranteed crash at the end of the loading process.
//unloadall works and allows me to swap as many times as I like but I don't see any way to load everything once I have finished swapping around so I end up having to reload the game anyway.
By Skyfawn 2013-08-19 06:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just done a some experimenting and it seems that Blinkmenot is the problem.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-19 07:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have that many chars it might be easier to log out then load the game windowerless log through the mules then log back into the windower file.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-19 07:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

gw plugin been causing it as well
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-08-19 08:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »

Indeed.
Atleast since 2005!
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-08-19 09:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyfawn said: »
Just done a some experimenting and it seems that Blinkmenot is the problem.

This.

Go to character select page and before you choose any character unload blinkmenot and it'll work fine.

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said: »

Indeed.
Atleast since 2005!

When you shutdown it crashes. Nothing you can do about that. But he's just talking about logging out to character select and choosing another character. You can only do that 3 times before crashing with blinkmenot loaded.
By Heimdel 2013-08-19 09:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem I've been seeing is every time I try go back past the main title screen it goes to black screen also when ever I try shut down completely it freezes at a black screen. Only thing I've been able do to get that to close is go to task manager and shut it down from there. This happens every time and is extremely annoying.
By Skyfawn 2013-08-19 12:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
If you have that many chars it might be easier to log out then load the game windowerless log through the mules then log back into the windower file.

I don't think 4 chars is that many

Shiva.Siral said: »
This.

Go to character select page and before you choose any character unload blinkmenot and it'll work fine.

Or... I can post about a problem in the support forum so the Devs know there is an issue, as long as they don't miss my post because of a flood of posts from people who are bored and have nothing else to do while the servers are down ...

Sorry if I sound a little bitter but most of these maint-time posts add nothing and I had a sparrow fly down my chimney during the night and s*** everywhere which was fun to clean up ...
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-08-19 13:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyfawn said: »
Or... I can post about a problem in the support forum so the Devs know there is an issue, as long as they don't miss my post because of a flood of posts from people who are bored and have nothing else to do while the servers are down ...

Sorry if I sound a little bitter but most of these maint-time posts add nothing and I had a sparrow fly down my chimney during the night and s*** everywhere which was fun to clean up ...

If you read the Windower Problem Reporting thread it says you should post the bug on the Issues tracer for the devs to see.

The support forum is to post your issues and have other members try to help you out. The devs simply don't have time to go through every thread here.

It's annoying that blinkmenot crashes like that, but it's been a known issue for over a year now. There has been a handful of times I've seen it referenced in the forums.

It's a minor inconvenience to unload blinkmenot while doing logins for campaign, but in 2 weeks you'll not have to worry about it again.