A Night At The Naakuals..

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » A night at the Naakuals..
A night at the Naakuals..
First Page 2
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-11 11:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night we did Hurkan and after many hours of dieing fighting adds my rewards for me and my mules was the KI. Now in the past pretty much doing the same thing as last night but I would get back a few thousand bayld and KI and a drop last night was total crap. My whm got nothing as well for all the healing.

Anyone else experience that from the fights I know they change the reward system but this was ridiculously bad on a fight that seems to be cor and smn only and in a place so gd small adds was insane and no reward for add control...
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-07-11 11:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My SCH mule got credit and rewards for dying over and over and occasionally refrehsing my SMN.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The no reward thing happened with old naakuals too when they were first fought and was reported as not intended, SE made a patch and fixed it and 1 drop became guaranteed unless game rolls you an item you already possess.
So I think it should be reported on official forums.
[+]
 Shiva.Brickhouse
By Shiva.Brickhouse 2013-07-11 11:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't just the adds parties who got boned. I was on smn and ended up with 35 bayld and no drop at all for 4 hrs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-11 12:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

35 bayld? so you didn't do any damage or cures the whole time? I got 35k+ back the other day on COR. Everyone who showed up at the start of the fight got some sort of reward, In my case was the Great Axe I will never use. There were a few people that arrived when the NM was still at 75~%, I have yet to confirm that they got anything. 1 leech arrived at 30% and a few LS friends got there near 10% after farming bayld so they could enter. none of those people that entered under 50% got drops, just the KI.

On one hand I'm glad that if leeches showed up and did nothing that they got nothing would rather not have the extra lag or the extra adds attacking us from having the rest of the server show up. I've gone to 4 Wildskeeper events now and only my LS or a handful of people did anything constructive. 2 of those events had 40+ people in them basically walking in wipe, unweaken, and repeat.

And, on the other hand we had LS members with enough bayld and KI for entry helping others get their entry, show up and get nothing thinking they would get a drop like the other Wildskeeper Reives we did. I think if the job specific capes were 100% for an entry and the other drops were dependant on reive progress might be suitable for all parties involved.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-11 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I should have done absolutely nothing my reward would have been the same >.> maybe the key was we entered late but still wasn't even getting interval rewards on constantly killing of adds. That was the worse I ever seen having done all the old fights a few times...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-11 12:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Brickhouse said: »
It wasn't just the adds parties who got boned. I was on smn and ended up with 35 bayld and no drop at all for 4 hrs.
I was on cor and got 35 as well. My brd alt who was doing nothing but raising people and spamming agi Etudes got 35 as well.

Others got far more than I did, most likely it's because my cor is still a bit newbish and couldn't hit the eval reqs but I thought it was suppose to build up and be applied to the next eval session. I'm guessing they *** something up. I mean my cor isn't amazing but I dealt a decent amount of damage in the time I was there.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-11 12:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to think maybe the percentage the mob was at when you entered had an effect on rewards. Seems more people got bleeped the lower the percentage the mob was when they entered and no amount of work could get you back in the reward zone....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 12:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case they have to make it known though, considering these fights can drag for insane amounts of hours leaving the players unaware is certainly not acceptable.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-07-11 12:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I afk'd in my Hurkan group for like 30 minutes and was getting 100-200 exp/bayld evaluations the whole time doing nothing. Other people were getting evals just standing as well
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-11 12:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If that's the case they have to make it known though, considering these fights can drag for insane amounts of hours leaving the players unaware is certainly not acceptable.

IMO if they don't specifically say you're guaranteed anything, there is no need to define under what criteria you would. From a production standpoint, if you're not sure if a system is working as intended, rather than announcing your intentions, you release the content then wait for data and feedback instead of fielding hundreds of "I didn't get my 100% drop" and "I showed zoned in 12 seconds before it died and didn't get crap" complaints.
By Astrael 2013-07-11 12:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
From what I've witnessed, if you join the fight when the NM reached a certain % you don't get the rewards. We had a cor join @35%~ and he did 140k damage. He got nothing. Hopefully they fix this soon.

It's probably this, at least that seemed like the case for me. I joined the Shiva fight at somewhere around the 30% mark last night, got one single evaluation for 9 xp / 1 bayld and nothing after that. The fight lasted at least an hour after I joined.

I was fighting both NM and nq mobs on DNC, as well as tossing heals where I could to others the entire time so either there's a cutoff or there's something broken. At the end I just got 29xp and the key item/title. Yeah, wasn't my happiest moment.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-11 12:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

More people need to participate in these early.

Its really annoying to start one of these and be part of the few grinding them down from the start, knowing that 50+ people arent going to come help because they wanna bandwagon on it the last 1/3'd of its HP.
If anything they should boost the rewards for the people that are there for the start that also continue to contribute.
I suffered through a 5hr tchakka and at least got the mask for all the time I put in. SE still needs to reward support classes better for WK reives/reives too.
By Astrael 2013-07-11 12:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Trust me my late join wasn't intentional, I had just got home from a full day at work and was told to join as soon as I logged in 'cause it was gonna be a few more hours. >_< Every other reive I've been there from the beginning (and still never get anything good).
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-11 13:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice to join at the start but since some have this thing called work to work around our gaming we can only get in when we can get in. It took us an hour at least to just cross the zone with revives in the way >.>. Last night was one of those I like to punch a dev in *** moments for sure....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 13:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I got boots and xbow from Tchakka, polearm from bee and lolgloves from Achuka. I'm really bitter at WK reives.

I know I'll be raging at the inability to get the QD bullet in the near future.
 Shiva.Brickhouse
By Shiva.Brickhouse 2013-07-11 13:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
35 bayld? so you didn't do any damage or cures the whole time?

Nah, this is constant bps on hurkan, cures & raises etc.

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
none of those people that entered under 50% got drops, just the KI.

This seems to be consistent with experiences last night. Latest entry I know of that got an item was 65%, but anecdotal evidence yada yada...

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Then let's quit starting them at 2 pm. =\
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-11 13:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a gd refund >.>

Quote:

Jul. 11, 2013 11:36 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Jul. 11)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

[Date & Time]
Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:30 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
-Certain resistance values are incorrect for the Delve Notorious Monster "Kurma."

-In all Reives, there are cases where players can't achieve experience points and alliance points when conquering.

-In Marjami Ravine's Colonization Reive, there are cases where players can't target objects.

-In Quest "Flotsam Finding", players are able to select the reward item when it is supposed to be randomly selected.

-In Mog Garden, there are cases where "Moogle Storage Slip" is possible to retain from "Coastal Fishing Net ".
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-07-11 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

-Certain resistance values are incorrect for the Delve Notorious Monster "Kurma."

I am excited. One day Shiva's NA players will win!
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2013-07-11 16:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

just an FYI, when I went in last night, I dodged any active Reives by using the Scalable Areas to climb down/up past them. also, I was there from 77% forward and walked out with that piece of s*** grip.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2013-07-11 16:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the grip isn't nearly as bad as people think, especially for non elvaan/galka races...
 Shiva.Kure
user: Kure
By Shiva.Kure 2013-07-11 17:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Raistinatt, GEO HP set comes to mind. Good for Tojil weakened move :x
 Bismarck.Momokiri
user: Momokiri
By Bismarck.Momokiri 2013-07-14 01:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp my first Hurkan ever I got an Iron Sand... is this even supposed to be in his loot pool? I didn't have any of the drops already because I've never done it before. /sigh

70/80 inventory at time of kill, so it wasn't that either.

Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-07-14 01:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeeeeah, these reive drops are the worst. Hope you got plenty of bayld to burn if you want a shiny.

I get why it's like this, they want to extend the lifetime of the content with random drops so people continue to do it over time to get what they want. But seems pretty silly (i.e. awful) to have no guarantees at anything good. Particularly because it would suck to be in a reive for 13 hours and get sand while someone else walks in for 20 min and gets all the good stuff.

Oh well~
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-14 02:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The no reward thing happened with old naakuals too when they were first fought and was reported as not intended, SE made a patch and fixed it and 1 drop became guaranteed unless game rolls you an item you already possess.
So I think it should be reported on official forums.

No. One drop never was guaranteed, and always required a certain amount of participation in the battle--a quota.

The no reward issue was caused by people dying, which reset their participation score. This meant that if they died too close to the end, they could very well end up with nothing if they were not able to make up the reward quota in time. They were better off staying dead until the fight ended, as the participation was technically not reset until they got up. And this applied to all reives, not just Wildskeeper.

I also do not think that entering late in the battle is the direct cause of other people not getting enough points. I think that it is more likely an indirect cause:

The lowest bracket of each participation interval gains 80 bayld/exp each evaluation. Even if you are doing pretty poorly compared to others, it's usually very easy to at least get that 80 bayld (for example, my mule's COR averaged 200 damage QDs). Get that evaluation enough times throughout the fight, and you eventually hit the quota, where you then qualify for a unique drop. Come in late, and it's hard to make enough bayld in time, especially if the group is killing faster than you can contribute (and I'm guessing Naakuals act like roots/nests, where the damage dealt in a period of time sets the evaluation cap--killing slower makes it much easier for "low-contributors" to catch up on points).

As an example of how much may be necessary, a LS mate's mule was able to qualify for an item by earning 6k bayld, but only dealing a total of 12k damage on COR. My mule was also able to qualify on another fight, making 7k bayld from doing 60k damage on COR (38 evaluations, so averaging 1579 damage per evaluation period, but some were much higher and, consequently, much lower than that). The two fights lasted around the same time (~90 minutes), so the large difference in damage but small difference in bayld gives you an idea of how wide that bottom bracket is. (And to add to this, I got 12k for doing 320k damage, so I'm thinking less damage over longer period of time is going to earn more points than more damage over a shorter period of time.)

I'd guess if you earn 5k bayld from the total fight including final evaluation, or around 3k bayld from the fight not including final evaluation, you should be able to get an item. For those who do not have any of the drops on your character at the time of death, and yet did not receive anything, I'd be interested to know how much bayld you got from the fight. Momokiri's screenshot is particularly intriguing because I've never heard of someone obtaining a material slot but not an equip slot without already having a drop (and also because they clearly received 2250 bayld at the end, which implies they contributed a good bit to the fight).

tl;dr

Coming into the fight sooner gets you more evaluations; more evaluations means easier to get a decent amount of bayld by simply hitting the lowest bracket; more bayld means you'll probably get a unique drop.

I talk too much sometimes.
 Bismarck.Momokiri
user: Momokiri
By Bismarck.Momokiri 2013-07-14 02:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I expected to get the grip or bullet since thems the breaks, but I had never heard of junk like sand even dropping from this. I guess I was under the impression that you got a ra/ex unless the number generator hit a drop you already had-- in which case you get nothing. Is that incorrect? Was afraid it was broken or something is mostly why I posted the pic, though either way it was pretty disappointing :/

To be fair the fight was quick since there were a ton of people, so I wasn't there for 5 hours or anything. And I get that it's random, but it sort of flies in the face of how I understood the drops to work. I dunno. If it's happened to someone else before I'd feel safer continuing to do it. It's less about me not getting a good drop and more about getting a drop that doesn't seem to make sense. I mostly just want to make sure I understand how it works.

Edit:

Posted before I read Flippant's post. Yeah, no idea. Again there were a ton of people so it was tough to adequately damage anything on SMN before the adds I was attempting to attack died, but I wasn't AFK or anything. I was doing the usual SMN buffing and was with a party of friends that I was refreshing/curing. We had a thief in the party and they were pretty much AFK for most of the fight and they got a bullet (IIRC), so it's really weird.
By macsdf1 2013-07-14 03:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I got nothing today from tree too. Unless I got ixtab again which it could have been. Both mules got the gloves I wanted ;;
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-14 03:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Momokiri said: »
I mean I expected to get the grip or bullet since thems the breaks, but I had never heard of junk like sand even dropping from this. I guess I was under the impression that you got a ra/ex unless the number generator hit a drop you already had-- in which case you get nothing. Is that incorrect? Was afraid it was broken or something is mostly why I posted the pic, though either way it was pretty disappointing :/

To be fair the fight was quick since there were a ton of people, so I wasn't there for 5 hours or anything. And I get that it's random, but it sort of flies in the face of how I understood the drops to work. I dunno. If it's happened to someone else before I'd feel safer continuing to do it. It's less about me not getting a good drop and more about getting a drop that doesn't seem to make sense. I mostly just want to make sure I understand how it works.

Edit:

Posted before I read Flippant's post. Yeah, no idea. Again there were a ton of people so it was tough to adequately damage anything on SMN before the adds I was attempting to attack died, but I wasn't AFK or anything. I was doing the usual SMN buffing and was with a party of friends that I was refreshing/curing. We had a thief in the party and they were pretty much AFK for most of the fight and they got a bullet (IIRC), so it's really weird.

There's two material slots and one equip slot for Naakuals. The first material slot is guaranteed, assuming you hit the quota I mentioned, and is usually trash like logs or what you got. The second material slot is rare-ish (not sure how rare, but it's not common), also requires the quota afaik, and is usually a decent money drop like damascus ingot. The equip slot is guaranteed, assuming you hit a quota that I thought was shared with the first material slot (meaning, you can't get just one or the other, you get both); but this is the first I've seen someone get a material without getting equip (if they didn't have full inventory or already have one of the gears).

Although I know you had plenty of inventory, you should always make sure you have three slots open when Naakual dies.

Did you come at the very beginning of the fight? If not, how far in? Do you use logger or any way for you to tell approximately how much bayld you made from that fight?
 Bismarck.Dmaul
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2013-07-14 04:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Momokiri said: »
Welp my first Hurkan ever I got an Iron Sand... is this even supposed to be in his loot pool? I didn't have any of the drops already because I've never done it before. /sigh

70/80 inventory at time of kill, so it wasn't that either.

I was there with Momo during this and got absolutely nothing at all with plenty of inventory space. The fight took about 45-50 mins and at one point there was about 500 people in the zone. We pretty much congested the server where ppl would r0 and couldn't get back in. I entered about 10 minutes after everyone else and it was already at 90%. Went as SMN and kept Titan on it pretty much the whole time doing rage and wards. When I did Achuka the night before I didn't do anything different. I even entered when it was at about 60% and still got the hands.
Afterwards I was wondering if there could be a cap on the amount of ppl getting items. Or could it have been we just broke the system with that many ppl there?
First Page 2