DRG In Delve/Plasm Farm?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG In Delve/Plasm Farm?
DRG In Delve/Plasm Farm?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ryndo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-07 01:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they used?

Thinking of getting the Ophidian Trident but want to know if DRG have any place in adoulins content?

Any other DRGs have info? ^^
 Fenrir.Genesi
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-07 01:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah.
By dedrummer000 2013-06-07 01:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i drg to all my plasm farms, i got 99 gungnir and the natural acc bonus on drg is nice, works very well for me and my pts, but drg is a tougher job to play right. if you do it right, yes it has a place
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
Server: Bahamut
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2013-06-07 01:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Genesi said: »
Nah.
with DRG angon and geo debuff's yes DRG is dope
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-07 01:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG with merited Angon/AF2 hands is extremely useful, but it's best left to someone who's outstandingly equipped. Even with Ophidian, the job lags behind everyone else considerably(and absolutely do not play it without Ophidian at minimum).
[+]
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-07 02:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Glad someone put more then just "nah"....

My drg is fairly well geared I just dont have ERM nor the time to make them so I was hoping ophidian was a good substitute.

Thanks for the info. :)

Any other advice is helpful as my original plan was bereaver but my drk is still in af3+1 stages.. and im currently plasming by pulling on ninja. Just wanted to get in the dd role.
 Fenrir.Genesi
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Genesi 2013-06-07 02:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Thanks for the info. Glad someone put more then just "nah"....

Yeah that guy is a major douche! :D
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-07 02:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha no worries :P
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-06-07 02:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jaggerjack said: »
Nah.

DRG is especially dope when you show up to a delve plasm like this:
ItemSet 302362

ItemSet 303623

o_o
 Leviathan.Flashbangx
By Leviathan.Flashbangx 2013-06-07 05:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been out-parsing most other DDs in delve as my DRG so far and my DRG isn't sporting top-tier gear yet, either. Using the skirmish polearm with an adequate augment and still been outparsing most SAMs, MNKs and DRKs that have plasm weapons. Other than my MNK friend who is pretty top-notch as a DD, my DRG hasn't really been shown up by many other DDs in delve yet.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-07 05:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All else being equal, DRG is still comparatively terrible

Lets skip the anecdotes
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-07 05:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Flashbangx said: »
Using the skirmish polearm with an adequate augment and still been outparsing most SAMs, MNKs and DRKs that have plasm weapons.
this isn't true
[+]
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-06-07 05:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually went in as DRG once using D+23 skirmish polearm and damage was horrible, I have decent ws gear also (basically what hotsoups posted but with phorcys body, bayld legs and oto+1 head) so I wouldn't expect fireworks. Ophidian will obviously be better though x,x
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-07 06:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be more worth it to get bereaver and work on drk?
 Leviathan.Flashbangx
By Leviathan.Flashbangx 2013-06-07 06:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Using the skirmish polearm with an adequate augment and still been outparsing most SAMs, MNKs and DRKs that have plasm weapons.
this isn't true

Yes. Yes, it is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Datian
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Datian
By Quetzalcoatl.Datian 2013-06-07 06:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you must be playing with retards :) because i have yet to come across a drg with delve pole keeping up with me on drk.
 Leviathan.Flashbangx
By Leviathan.Flashbangx 2013-06-07 06:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Datian said: »
Then you must be playing with retards :) because i have yet to come across a drg with delve pole keeping up with me on drk.

Very possible so. Haven't been focusing on other people's gear too much or anything like that. Either way, my DRG is proving more useful as a DD than literally like 90% of the other DDs that I've done delve with. I'm not trying to say ANY DRG can be a top DD, a bad player is a bad player, but I'm doing fine with mine. If anyone disagrees that actually plays DRG, then they probably are just terrible DRGs.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2013-06-07 07:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Bahamut.Jaggerjack said: »
Nah.

DRG is especially dope when you show up to a delve plasm like this:
ItemSet 302362

ItemSet 303623

o_o

Like Fiv? :P

Any job can be outstanding when played well, it really doesnt matter what job... A well geared ninja could out DD 80% of all the sam's and drk's out there.

When you put it down on paper drk and sam will definatly be ahead of drg. But afterall it really depends on the player. When it comes to PuG's a drk will be choosen over your drg tho, since a bad drk would still do more dmg then a bad drg, if you want to play jobs like drg you mostly need the reputation of being a good player, friends that setup the run or a leader who isnt picky i guess.
[+]
 Asura.Ryndo
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-06-07 07:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK it is then until my drg is pimp
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-06-07 07:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Really glad i'm not on Leviathan if you are actually parsing well as skirmish DRG, 90% of your players must have no arms
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-07 16:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Very possible so. Haven't been focusing on other people's gear too much or anything like that. Either way, my DRG is proving more useful as a DD than literally like 90% of the other DDs that I've done delve with. I'm not trying to say ANY DRG can be a top DD, a bad player is a bad player, but I'm doing fine with mine. If anyone disagrees that actually plays DRG, then they probably are just terrible DRGs.

Nobody is going to claim that an excellent Ophidian-user isn't going to beat Franky Fulltime, but when people ask how a job stands relative to everyone else, "I outparse these guys all the time" isn't helpful. DRG is weaker by design, and the issue is compounded due to their poorly adapted Delve weapon. A perfect Ophidian build is going to be ~20-30% behind a DRK, WAR, or what have you of similar caliber. That's all that needs to be said.
By Ravenn42 2013-06-07 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see a parse. If you said delve polearm maybe but the skirmish polearm thats crazy. The last drg I played with had top notch gear and the delve weapon and my sam beat him by 200k....

How much plasm you make a run?
By Ophannus 2013-06-07 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I parse slightly behind SAMs and DRKs, like within 5k damage. The other night was in a pt with a DRK and a SAM, we had BRD and COR buffs, in the main room DD party, not roaming. I parsed 34% SAM parsed 36% DRK parsed 30%. DRK had the delve scythe, not sure if that's good or bad, and he wasn't rocking Souleater either which would have affected his damage I suppose. Anyway, DRG is still fairly competitive. I usually parse all my delve runs and have never been ultimately crushed by another DD. Sure I've never parsed first except on Moth and Raptor but for the most part I'm usually in the top 3 or 4 and always behind by maybe 5-10k damage(out of 300,000+ damage), so 2-3% at most.

Also the extra damage that every melee does when Angon is in effect is more than enough to justify the DRG's spot. So if a DRG parses within 5% of other heavy DDs but when he uses Angon, everyone else's DPS goes up by 10-15%, that extra damage combined is more damage than say a DRK would do if he were in that spot instead of the DRG.

Picture a delve run, 45min, no angon used
Damage(for simplicity, I picked easier numbers)
DRG:100k
SAM:115k
DRK:130k

then with the same run except angon is used, all conditions are kept the same for this hypothetical, only variable is this has angon being used

DRG:115k
SAM:130k
DRK:145k

That 100k the DRG does plus the +45k extra damage thats dealt due to angon means the DRG produced 145k damage which is more than an Angonless SAM or DRK dealt. Of course this scenario has flaws like how fast are melees engaging, which buffs are on, what's the pdif, gear, merits etc. But what I'm trying to get at is, aside from doing respectable damage we up everyone's damage by such a high enough degree that the extra damage everyone else does(in the alliance, not just the party) is significant.

Remember Angon is a -25% defense down which is equivalent to a 33% attack boost--FOR THE ALLIANCE. So not only can the DRG deal tremendous damage and maybe fall short 5-10% behind another melee, he ups everyone's damage by more than that 5-10% he's behind by. It's similar to why DNC can be so powerful. In DNC's case, I think Sylow said that Haste Samba can increase everyone in the party's DPS high enough that the combined DPS increase to each melee from Haste Samba PLUS the damage the DNC itself does is more than what an extremely well geared WAR could produce.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-06-07 16:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Remember Angon is a -25% defense down which is equivalent to a 33% attack boost--FOR THE ALLIANCE. So not only can the DRG deal tremendous damage and maybe fall short 5-10% behind another melee, he ups everyone's damage by more than that 5-10% he's behind by. It's similar to why DNC can be so powerful. In DNC's case, I think Sylow said that Haste Samba can increase everyone in the party's DPS high enough that the combined DPS increase to each melee from Haste Samba PLUS the damage the DNC itself does is more than what an extremely well geared WAR could produce.
It only lasts for one mob so you can only use it on 15 mobs total for the entire run. I don't think that's enough to justify your alliance spot.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-07 16:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG's primary application is big fights, but it's not like that's a bad application to have.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-06-07 17:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully-buffed boss fights eliminate most of DRG's shortcomings(damn you JA haste!), but everything still falls back on how terrible Ophidian Trident is
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2013-06-07 17:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SE ever elaborate on when/if they ever plan on working on letting angon stack with Gungnir effect? I'd imagine that would be quite useful (and long overdue) for this type of content...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-07 17:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They have not. And it's been over a year and a half.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2013-06-07 17:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I remember them saying something about it, but nothing saying "we will" or "it's being tested" and assumed I was either mistaken or they just pulling the same garbage as usual...
First Page 2 3 4 5