Delve Axe Vs Guttler; Think Someone Is BSing Me...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Delve Axe vs Guttler; think someone is BSing me...
Delve Axe vs Guttler; think someone is BSing me...
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-05-26 06:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bit silly to take a bst to fractures and or delve NMs lower DPS from even 1 melee will have a negative effect on your kill time/total plasm count. But if an ls wants to carry weaker players then its up to them I guess. Our DDs in fracture farming have been parsing 400-500k.
 Carbuncle.Grimalkin
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grimalkin 2013-05-26 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I just noticed that I made a rather severe error in messing with the spreadsheets - the two sets were set to different weaponskills. ^^; Now that I'm done feeling foolish:

Brethren still pulls ahead, but by 40 dps, not 100.

However...

With Haste, two marches, Chaos and Tactician's rolls, the difference jumps up to 80 points in Brethren's favor.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-26 06:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i have those results (forgot to hit post them before lol):

useing your TPsetup on your profile and your Ruinator set on your profile i get with hume /dnc YCB with haste, killer effect active + Killer instict (dunno what that does lol but it was set active in spreadsheet)

Chapuli lv 100:
>Guttler+DA: 239,34 dps (WS DMG 4219 average)
>Delve+DA (Rank2 8 att,4acc) 261,68 dps (WS dmg 4635 average)

Qilin same buffs:
>Guttler+DA 148 dps (4392 WS)
>Delve+DA 177,987 (5021 ws)

sry delve target is not working ><
 Bahamut.Voevode
Server: Bahamut
user: voevode
By Bahamut.Voevode 2013-05-26 11:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Bit silly to take a bst to fractures and or delve NMs lower DPS from even 1 melee will have a negative effect on your kill time/total plasm count. But if an ls wants to carry weaker players then its up to them I guess. Our DDs in fracture farming have been parsing 400-500k.

Bit silly to think that a competent bst is any less of a contribution to a plasm farm run than the average uglysumaru Sam or w/e. That parse posted at the beginning was most likely inaccurate (plus it didn't even show in comparison to other dd's). Ruinator is a strong weapon skill, and as much as I hate on bst to my friends, hell I'd take Zang on bst over a crappy mainstream dd that relies on gear alone (if that).

The only problem that's happened with a bst in delve run was the pet attacking an nm it agreed making for some lols with pld not able to hateless tank the nm (other bst not zang).
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-05-26 13:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, Zang's bst is amazing. The only problem I had with it was him not wanting to use a higher base damaged axe.
By erroneous42 2013-06-08 19:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Voevode said: »

Bit silly to think that a competent bst is any less of a contribution to a plasm farm run than the average uglysumaru Sam or w/e. That parse posted at the beginning was most likely inaccurate (plus it didn't even show in comparison to other dd's). Ruinator is a strong weapon skill, and as much as I hate on bst to my friends, hell I'd take Zang on bst over a crappy mainstream dd that relies on gear alone (if that).

The only problem that's happened with a bst in delve run was the pet attacking an nm it agreed making for some lols with pld not able to hateless tank the nm (other bst not zang).

bst has always been one of my favorite jobs, but it has no place in delve farming. it's fine and all to stick up for a ls mate but that doesn't change the fact that his top geared bst isnt contributing even close to what the dd spot he is filling should be doing. however if his group doesnt mind than it doesn't matter. they are probably happy pulling 3-4k a run anyhow. btw on a side note i parsed his 99 guttler a handfull times in vw and it was always 3-6% of the damage & even though i know the situations are different i doubt the results are much better.
 Cerberus.Dravik
Server: Cerberus
user: Darien
By Cerberus.Dravik 2013-06-11 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Never having parsed it and just eyeballing ws numbers i know with the bee axe Kerekcatl i do significantly higher dmg than i did before. What were 4-5k are 6-7k now. My guttler is not finished yet but i don't see 40 att. beating the extra 60dmg on the axe. Or maybe i'm thinking of a different delve axe.