Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-16 11:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Amalric+1 gages have 63 mab with set bonus which is considerably more than the Ea, I agree the Ea is nice have 5 MBD I but seem like a top damage set would still include the Amalric gages+1
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-16 13:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
Odin.Taffy said: »
This discussion is pointless now anyway as the new EA gear hands will win surely? They have 11 more Int, 24 more macc and 5 MBD while keeping the 5 MBD 2. The extra 5 MBD here allows you to drop some MBD from other slots. I just bought the NQ EA head body and hands and intend to test tomorrow on 3x Kei runs vs my current setup. The legs and feet are lackluster and I don't see a place for them but basically for Elemental magic I'm picking up an additional 14 MBD 2 8 Macc (vs my current augments on merlinic) and 20 INT while only dropping 7 MAB. That also freed me up to reroll my legs not needing the 9 MBD i previously needed (as I picked up an extra 5 on the hands) and I rolled a 37 Macc, 35 MAB 6 MBD which puts me 2 over MBD cap but them legs roll more than made up for what I dropped in MAB alone. Also this will allow me to swap my Grio in for Lathi and Pixie hairpin in and keep my MP pool above 2200 while keeping all the MBD and MBD2. I'm pretty excited to test it but my feeling is going to see much more reliable numbers with this new set. And this is without even considering the HQ set yet as prices aren't close to settled....

You're not taking Augment into account. INT+10 Macc+15 Mab+15.

Ea cuffs have then 1 more INT, 8 Mdb less, 11 more Macc (considering Elemental skill on amalric).

Head and body are surely good for a max damage burst set, but the hands are not worth 10M if you're capped on MBD v1.
I still have a high macc burst set including AF1+3 Body and hands.

Current Max MB
ItemSet 351281

High Acc MB
ItemSet 351280

Alber Strap over Enki in macc set?
[+]
 Odin.Taffy
Server: Odin
user: Taffy
By Odin.Taffy 2017-05-16 16:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Amalric+1 gages have 63 mab with set bonus which is considerably more than the Ea, I agree the Ea is nice have 5 MBD I but seem like a top damage set would still include the Amalric gages+1

What is the second piece you are using at +1 to activate the set bonus? Maybe amalric +1 body and hands would win, not sure.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-16 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the second piece you are using at +1 to activate the set bonus? Maybe amalric +1 body and hands would win, not sure.
Makes my brain hurt all the maths, currentl nuking in body/hands/legs HQ, I guess really it kind of depends on the MBDII cap
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-05-16 17:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

from burst perspect

EA set:
head 6
bands 5
body 8
legs 7
feet 4

30+neck your at cap, and back your at 45%

MBDII
ea head 6
ea bands 5
ea body 8
ea legs 7
ea feet 4
30+5mujin so max is 36 (using amarlic+1) hands. (testing you could use Arasy Staff +1)

So I guess back to figuring out if 36 MBDII is usable or there is a lower cap

If you dropped the Ea hands for Amalric+1 to max MBDII@36, then you would still hit exactly 40 MBDI with Neck/Back
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-16 17:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
This discussion is pointless now anyway as the new EA gear hands will win surely? They have 11 more Int, 24 more macc and 5 MBD while keeping the 5 MBD 2. The extra 5 MBD here allows you to drop some MBD from other slots. I just bought the NQ EA head body and hands and intend to test tomorrow on 3x Kei runs vs my current setup. The legs and feet are lackluster and I don't see a place for them but basically for Elemental magic I'm picking up an additional 14 MBD 2 8 Macc (vs my current augments on merlinic) and 20 INT while only dropping 7 MAB. That also freed me up to reroll my legs not needing the 9 MBD i previously needed (as I picked up an extra 5 on the hands) and I rolled a 37 Macc, 35 MAB 6 MBD which puts me 2 over MBD cap but them legs roll more than made up for what I dropped in MAB alone. Also this will allow me to swap my Grio in for Lathi and Pixie hairpin in and keep my MP pool above 2200 while keeping all the MBD and MBD2. I'm pretty excited to test it but my feeling is going to see much more reliable numbers with this new set. And this is without even considering the HQ set yet as prices aren't close to settled....

You're not taking Augment into account. INT+10 Macc+15 Mab+15.

Ea cuffs have then 1 more INT, 8 Mdb less, 11 more Macc (considering Elemental skill on amalric).

Head and body are surely good for a max damage burst set, but the hands are not worth 10M if you're capped on MBD v1.
I still have a high macc burst set including AF1+3 Body and hands.

Current Max MB
ItemSet 351281

High Acc MB
ItemSet 351280

Alber Strap over Enki in macc set?

Error on my part. Enki all the way
By Luthiene 2017-05-21 06:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Could a veteran BLM please link me to a good BLM lua? The one in the other BLM sticky seems buggy for me (ie: uses magic precast pieces for WS, instead of those specified in the WS set); or //gs disable "slot" will not work, despite the console registering as correct.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-06-04 07:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So it is confirmed that EA head and Body can beat out a 30 macc and 30mab merl head and body with INT augments? With M Burst on them?
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-04 11:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

EA head has MB + MB II along with high magic attack and acc, so its down right better, your losing nothing in terms of MB (In a general sence) and gaining more with the cap on MB extended further.
Your pretty much taking it to a whole new level with that MB II.

Edit: would recommend blm AF+/3 body for the magic acc and the magic dmg convert, not point casting if you run out of MP after 2-4 casts
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-04 15:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem is that Ea NQ set potentially comes in (much) lower in terms of MAcc and MAB, so that could wipe out any gains you made from MBII. Merlinic Hood also has a big dose of FC on it, and recast speed will affect overall DPS.

MBII is enticing, but not sure we can just assume that it'll automatically win, especially if we're talking harder content/un-ideal buff situations.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-06-04 17:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the trouble I was seeing with it as well. My Merlinic pieces have like a total of 46-60 macc and mab between the head and the body (each) so I'm losing a significant amount of that with the EA pieces in that set
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-04 17:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone found the MB damage II cap yet?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-06-04 18:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaekona +3 (and set bonus w/ Regal earring) feet could make up for some of the Macc loss from Ea... but overall it's still a major net loss in MAB.
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-04 23:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
only job that could test that is master blm (to make sure all stats are at its maximum value) and a non mastered blm with full EA +1, +II ring,etc,etc
I presume MB II and MB from traits/JP fall into the same category so thats the only job that'll show in in terms of having the maximum avaiablity, however also i presume if there is a cap, it all falls into the category like smn recast where you have T1 MB gear, T2 MB Trait, T3 MB II gear, T4 MB JP (Albeit would already be a known cap since you can't take it any further unless MB II gear falls into this category, which means it needs to be tested on a non-mastered job as well at the different stages of MB increase), unequiping and doing base calculations with the change in MAB and MBB would be enough)
By Yandaime 2017-06-05 05:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Horu said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
only job that could test that is master blm (to make sure all stats are at its maximum value) and a non mastered blm with full EA +1, +II ring,etc,etc
I presume MB II and MB from traits/JP fall into the same category so thats the only job that'll show in in terms of having the maximum avaiablity, however also i presume if there is a cap, it all falls into the category like smn recast where you have T1 MB gear, T2 MB Trait, T3 MB II gear, T4 MB JP (Albeit would already be a known cap since you can't take it any further unless MB II gear falls into this category, which means it needs to be tested on a non-mastered job as well at the different stages of MB increase), unequiping and doing base calculations with the change in MAB and MBB would be enough)

I don't think it would be necessary for 2 BLMs honestly.

1 BLM Mastered (to remove any non-master variables such as MAcc)
1 SCH
1 GEO giving Accuracy Bubbles (not necessary but removes all doubt)

You'll want to pick a target that has low resist rates but lots of HP so let's pick Apex Eft.

SCH sets Skillchains and BLM Bursts with Tier 1 or 2 only

With Master BLM's Accuracy + Bubbles your bursts should be exactly the same with no resist so that will be your control. Large HP mob means you can shoot the same target several times without any changes to dINT. So from there have the BLM turn off swaps, pick an element that has no day/weather matchups and just mb while keeping MB1 capped and increase MB2 as gradually as possible until you notice some sort of plateau. That plateau point will be the cap IF one exists. You'll likely cross over it but since it's normal human behavior to favor clean numbers, it should be easy to rough-guess the cap. I know it's a crude testing method but it should serve the purpose.

As for changes in MAB from gear changes, they should be small impacts compared to MB2 as long as they aren't drastic (like MAB-20)

I *think* this should be a decent test option
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-06-05 06:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is purely an academic question because 4/5 & Amalric+1 or 5/5 Ea +1 with Mujin Band puts you at 40%, which is likely the MBB II cap.

However, BLM could get 41% using Arasy Staff +1, Mujin Band, 4/5 Ea NQ, and Amalric Gages +1. The staff is common on my server (3 on AH, 200k), and NQ Ea isn't hard to come by. I just don't know if it's worth the outlay to test something that's irrelevant to current playstyles.

As far as how to test it:
1) Go BLM/SAM
2) Lock gear with your MBB gear on
3) Build 2000 TP
4) Pick out a monster/level using battlemod (like a level 64 Aht Urhgan Attercop) that you see two of and can deal with easily.
5) Cast Aero 3 on one, record the damage, and kill it.
6) Use Sekkanoki Heavy Swing -> Shell Crusher (Detonation) on another, then MB with Aero 3.
7) I think:
MB damage = Non-MB damage * 1.6 * (1 + MBB1/100 + Trait/100 + Gifts/100 + Job Points/100 + MBB2/100)

You know how much MBB1, trait, gifts, and job points you have and you've determined the non-MB damage and MB damage, so solve for MBB2 and see if it's 40 or 41.
[+]
By geigei 2017-06-05 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

MBII cap seems to be 35% from my testing, waiting for someone to verify.

Test flawed.

35 mb2 - 59309
40 mb2 - 60593

Water5 on belaboring wasp, master blm.

Cannot test over 40 since i dont own amalric+1 or af3 gloves.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-08 19:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

MBDII
hq ea head 7
af3 hands 8
hq ea body 9
hq ea legs 8
hq ea feet 5
Mujin band 5
Arasy Staff +1 5
= 47 is the maximum you can get

am i missing anything?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-06-09 05:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonic staff aftermath breaks the cap aswell, We made some testing but I don't remember if it's 5 or 10%.

It's not really relevent though, since you lose so much power with this staff vs lathi or grio

edit: Wiki says it's 10% at 3000tp.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-12 09:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

with 40% MBBII tested using fire3 on mandy(lvl 100) I got 44859
with 45% MBBII tested using fire3 on mandy(lvl 100) I got 45807
with 50% MBBII tested using fire3 on mandy(lvl 100) I got 46758

Based on the difference in geigei's results between 35 and 40. diff from 35% to 40% 59309/60593 = .9788
and 40% to 45% 46101/47073 = .9793
and 45% to 50% 45807/46758 = .9796

Seems like the cap is over 50% for MBDII.

To test I used
Aeonic (AM3)
Ea head/body/legs/feet+1
Mujin
Amarlic Gages +1

Sidebar on some silly Staff tests
Fire3 MB Fire4 MB
Arasy Staff +1 47073 68684
Griovolr(INT 11 MAB26) 49332 72140
Lathi (Path A) 50807 74226

So to me even if you had 15INT/30MAB Grio, Lathi still gonna outnuke in an unresisted scenario
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-12 10:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the concrete numbers regarding MBB II-

While your Lathi numbers show as BiS in unresisted, and you even enboldened it, it bears repeating- since the GEO nerf any content over CL125 is gonna require some serious macc. I'm coming to believe that using a MBB Grio with enough INT/macc/mab may be the new meta with the Ea/Ea+1(congrats btw!)/AF+3 now in the picture. Would allow a little more flexibility in reaching the MBB I cap, meaning you could throw in some of your AF+3 for the macc.

My Su3 budget right now is earmarked for Oshosi, as I'm on RNG more than BLM, but even just seeing a fellow BLM deploy some Ea defintely convinced me its in the future.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-12 10:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Thanks for the concrete numbers regarding MBB II-

While your Lathi numbers show as BiS in unresisted, and you even enboldened it, it bears repeating- since the GEO nerf any content over CL125 is gonna require some serious macc. I'm coming to believe that using a MBB Grio with enough INT/macc/mab may be the new meta with the Ea/Ea+1(congrats btw!)/AF+3 now in the picture. Would allow a little more flexibility in reaching the MBB I cap, meaning you could throw in some of your AF+3 for the macc.

My Su3 budget right now is earmarked for Oshosi, as I'm on RNG more than BLM, but even just seeing a fellow BLM deploy some Ea defintely convinced me its in the future.

Yes good points, I think after spending probably 5m silt on Griovolar, now I am back to looking for 15/30/30 not caring about burst which I probably saw 20 times when going for big burst, but now that its easy to hit the 40cap with the EA/Neck/Back you really dont care about burst on Grio. I tend to agree that for MB esp higher end content, that the Af+3 gloves will be the way to go, esp from a macc perspective, combo'd with Regal Earring
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-12 11:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish /checkparam reported magic acc would be much easier to baseline numbers to shoot for for different scenarios
By geigei 2017-06-12 12:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

MB dmg play such a small role in final damage, compared to mab that is. My merlinic set beats Ea by quite some and not even factoring macc, allready sold my pieces but hands.

All in all is a good to go set for those jobs but anyone serious should keep tossing silts/stones to Oseem.
 Bismarck.Dachan
Server: Bismarck
user: dachan
By Bismarck.Dachan 2017-06-12 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried to compare it to your previous burst set? You loose a lot of magic attack bonus and was curious how much MAB > MBII. I was only able to do a small test with ea slops (NQ) and found that my MB set before it was better than adding it and adjusting my other slots to not go over 40 MB 1 while adding more MB II. I found that MBII did not outweigh the lost of almost 30MAB.

Was curious what your experience with this was.
By geigei 2017-06-12 12:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

^
My water5 were 90k with 5/5 ea, old merlinic + ea hands 95k.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-12 14:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dachan said: »

Have you tried to compare it to your previous burst set? You loose a lot of magic attack bonus and was curious how much MAB > MBII. I was only able to do a small test with ea slops (NQ) and found that my MB set before it was better than adding it and adjusting my other slots to not go over 40 MB 1 while adding more MB II. I found that MBII did not outweigh the lost of almost 30MAB.

going for MAX dmg on the lvl 100 mob this is what ended up winning
Fire3 53170 Fire4 78185
ItemSet 351867
merlinic with 25macc/39mab/9burst

EDIT beat it 78757 fire 4 (only 39%MBI)

ItemSet 351869
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-12 14:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fire3 53170 Fire4 78185
ItemSet 351867

Hope you dont wear this in vagary then, those Ele Ki farming parties are hard enough as is and the Blob NM in Slime zone would do nothing but spam pop adds out.... lol but that could be fun now that I think about it.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-12 14:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »

Fire3 53170 Fire4 78185
ItemSet 351867

Hope you dont wear this in vagary then, those Ele Ki farming parties are hard enough as is and the Blob NM in Slime zone would do nothing but spam pop adds out.... lol but that could be fun now that I think about it.
In my old LS we would make it spawn adds just b/c vagary was so boring, we would just burst it with t6 laugh our *** off,
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-12 15:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

so when macc isnt a concern thats the best nuking set now? And when macc is swap for af+3 body/hands but rest stays same?
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43