By Gimp 2013-04-27 10:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Opinions. Everyone. Has.

except for that fact that these opinions are based on some pretty olde testing and facts. with a tiny drop of common sense >.>;
RDM can't equip Ryuno, no matter how hard they try. That's my common sense. (To explain better: different people value different things.)

Rdm can equip a mythic and it will still be a bottom tier mythic

fact.

Unless SE does something huge to boost mythics with the R/M/E change, it will always be a bottom tier mythic to get for that job.

not to mention rdm is a bottom tier job atm period. There's really not much of an opinion in these statements. If you would like to prove me wrong, then please explain the value in a rdm getting a 99 mythic over a 99almace or excalibur >.>;

there's next to none, certainly not worth the pricetag, which is why it's a lower tier mythic.
Sense of Accomplishment.
Besides, Almace and Excalibur are useless when you come haste/cure my THF. Murgleis on the other hand boosts convert. Again, outcome depends on how you looks at things.

for what you could be dualboxing your thf and rdm you could have changed your rdm into a better support. You shouldn't be taking obscene amounts of damage on thf to justify the convert perk as a useful bonus or use enough mp on rdm fast enough vs convert merits and top(or near) mp regeneration unless you're chainspelling nukes.

excal and almace would be better because you're increasing the kill speed of what you are fighting on thf
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-27 11:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
After all, the increased WSD at 99, while seemingly a minor change, changed the value of a few of the REM weapons (Particularly Mercy Stroke, IIRC). If they're planning on a more flexible change with augments who knows how big of an effect it can have on REM tiering. It's true that Gastraphetes has nothing on Annihilator atm but something something Ragnarok. Just saiyan.

True. However it's safe to say Yoichi/Anni will always fall in its own category because of enmity generation tied to WS/Aftermath.

RNG has a high, probably second highest WS-to-TP dmg ratio so they really need to rework AM3 on Gastraphetes to make it a viable option or at least "worth making". Besides, at no point was there such a thing as "Crossbow RNG" and I doubt it's going to change...
 Asura.Kohanu
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-04-27 11:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Crossbow RNG was absolutely a thing many years ago.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-04-27 11:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »
Besides, at no point was there such a thing as "Crossbow RNG" and I doubt it's going to change...

o-bow would like to have a word with you.
 Asura.Jkun
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-27 11:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kohanu said: »

This is not meant to be a trolling attempt... but looking back it just seems to me that O.bow was just the cheaper alternative for those who didn't want to fork out several million gil for Ebow. Stick acid bolt, switch to bow. Gun was mostly for kclub owners/epeen screenshot.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-04-27 11:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

no. as someone who had both, back in the day' o-bow would out perform ebow. it was people who spent millions on ebow didn't want to admit a free crossbow was better.
 Xet
By Xet 2013-04-27 11:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The higher rate of fire and holy bolts made it pretty cool. Although Machine x-bow was used alot for that. (think it was machine).
 Asura.Jkun
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-27 11:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

TP generation and WS dmg on crossbow was
(edit: and still is...)
terribad though, and distance nerf basically destroyed your atk/acc outside the sweet spot. With bow you could at least shoot from 10'+ mitigating AOE dmg. "Back in the day" most people didn't really bother parsing their dmg so it's unlikely Obow really was the superior choice... I mean, the math just doesn't add up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 12:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We still lack a lot of the information that would be necessary to model ranged damage output, so I wouldn't exactly consider it a closed case and I'd take any assertions people make about ranged damage with a grain of salt.

Like:
* We don't really really know how Ranged Delay works. bgwiki's delay page had that Aiming delay (the delay on the gun, bow, boomerang, etc.) was 110 delay/second, but my recent tests make it look like 120 delay/sec.

* We don't really know what Ammo delay is doing. - Supposedly it used to determine the delay between shooting and firing again, but now it's much less clear because SE seems to have dramatically reduced this delay.

* We don't really know how much Snapshot things have. Previously people tested and asserted "this item is X% Snapshot", but they were going off frames. Frames is necessarily less accurate than packets, and my test with packets earlier in this thread still had >5% error and would have taken many shots to really nail down the true delay. I don't know how they possibly could have quantified the snapshot of those pieces to 1% accuracy.

* We know more about ranged critical hit rate than we used to, but we still don't know exactly how it works.

* No one has taken a serious look at ranged pDIF since the RNG nerf.

* No one has made a real attempt to rigorously quantify the ranged attack/acc penalty associated with being out of the sweet spot, especially after the recent-ish adjustments.

* No one has looked to see if there is a Snapshot gear cap.

* For the reasons outlined earlier, all Ranger JAs that interact with these abilities/factors can be considered rough estimations at best.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 12:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish they'd put the amount of snapshot on gear like they do with haste, I don't get why it has to be a mystery.
[+]
By Angeljcar 2013-04-27 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoheim said that the double / triple dmg did not proc on was or barrage and was inferior to yochi as far as dmg was concerned. It was enr even a competition. It's a trophy item and thats it.
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you time your JA well, it's not hard to keep a wyvern alive. On anything from ADL to Hall of Mul, I find I'm more likely to die than my wyvern is. <,<;

quoted for great justice

also Dawn Mulsums are 5-7k a pop and heal 30-40% of the pet's HP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-27 13:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Swap in wyvern hp+ before popping a mulsum for more HP cured.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-27 13:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Angeljcar said: »
Hoheim said that the double / triple dmg did not proc on was or barrage and was inferior to yochi as far as dmg was concerned. It was enr even a competition. It's a trophy item and thats it.

Why wouldn't it proc on barrage? Doesn't it have a barrage bonus on the item itself? You're right about it not procing on ranged WS, but the other part, idk. Is that confirmed? That would suck bad if it was true.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-27 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Obow was superior to ebow/hellfire if no one else was using it, i.e. no one else was landing acid bolts. It also increases the damage of everyone else in the party/alliance. If someone else was using acid bolts, then ebow/hellfire were far superior.

As far as I know, ammo delay never affected the delay between shots. It was always a static value for all three ranged weapons. It simply increases the amount of TP generated from the shot.
By Ophannus 2013-04-27 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I thought I was the only one hardcore enough to do this! btw time to test AF3+2 legs' attack bonus on Spirit Jump and then post patch for Soul Jump, should be interesting if its the same +attack to each.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-27 14:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Before the big RNG nerf, weren't Holy bolts really prevalent? And weren't RNGs stacking MND to increase the damage?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-27 14:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Quote:

I thought I was the only one hardcore enough to do this! btw time to test AF3+2 legs' attack bonus on Spirit Jump and then post patch for Soul Jump, should be interesting if its the same +attack to each.

I wish I had the space to carry Mulsum...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-27 14:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just need one space, itemizer it out, use it. Unless your sack and satchel are packed full to, which I can understand.
By fractalvoid 2013-04-27 15:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sanders said: »

Before the big RNG nerf, weren't Holy bolts really prevalent? And weren't RNGs stacking MND to increase the damage?

Obow was good "back in the day" and people did have some builds to maximize holy bolt dmg (and these builds still do exist, though not really relevant)

As was said earlier, acidbolts were/are pretty huge (w/o angon... also interested to see the def.down on those new bolts but I'll just assume it's same % to avoid disappointment) I can't say whether or not obow was top of the line or anything (as I was one of those "cheap" people who used it over E.bow) but it still did good enough dmg to warrant me coming on RNG to endgame stuff

I can't say Gastraphetes is really worth it, especially if you already have Annihi (or half of one) built, but it's still a cool trophy piece and perhaps put out decent numbers, but due to shitty aftermath, WS and no OD3x dmg, I couldn't recommend making Gastraphetes over the other R/E RNG can use, even the archery ones.

Maybe if they "fix" or "balance" mythics ever it'll be useful but I don't think that will happen
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-27 15:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Quote:

I did a quick test on the test server after that dev post. 200+ with, and 200+ w/o and had byrth look over my numbers, but there was literally no difference in spirit jump dmg.... hoping it's just more broken than SE thinks and will work on both jump properly post update. <,<;;

And Rangers, please pardon the continued DRG derails. ^^;
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-04-27 22:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I really wish they'd put the amount of snapshot on gear like they do with haste, I don't get why it has to be a mystery.

Why I love augmented BFGs and Skopos Jerkin, you can SEE the snapshot listed on the gear.

*edit* and I guess Khepri feet xD
[+]
By Ronsoranger 2013-04-28 00:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the quick responses. Looks like I'll just finish Annihilator, and then use the Alex for a different mythic once we learn more about what is to come.
By fractalvoid 2013-04-28 00:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

could always just 99 annihilator and make xbow after just cos it looks cool...and just think of all the amazing things you could totally do with bloody bolts yo

I myself plan to make this xbow sometime... maybe. if only it could shoot harpoons... or at least like exploding bolts... perhaps more realistically, but still certainly unreasonable would be mayne other elemental dmg bolts (ie fire, ice etc)

harpoons would be great tho
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2013-04-30 22:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Angeljcar said: »

Why wouldn't it proc on barrage? Doesn't it have a barrage bonus on the item itself? You're right about it not procing on ranged WS, but the other part, idk. Is that confirmed? That would suck bad if it was true.

it does not proc on barrage
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [557 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-11-08 09:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Top bracket: Ryunohige, Kogasaramaru, Terpsichorde
Second bracket: Conqueror, Aymur, Glanzfaust
Third bracket: Kenkonken, Burtgang, Yagrush, Carnwenhan
Fourth bracket: Tizona, Nirvana, Levanteinn
Fifth bracket: Gastraphetes, Vajra, Death Penalty, Liberator
Sixth bracket: Nagi, Tupsimati, Murgleis

I laughed at this so much!
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
Server: Bahamut
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-11-08 09:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Top bracket: Ryunohige, Kogasaramaru, Terpsichorde Second bracket: Conqueror, Aymur, Glanzfaust Third bracket: Kenkonken, Burtgang, Yagrush, Carnwenhan Fourth bracket: Tizona, Nirvana, Levanteinn Fifth bracket: Gastraphetes, Vajra, Death Penalty, Liberator Sixth bracket: Nagi, Tupsimati, Murgleis
I laughed at this so much!

I dont understand.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-11-08 10:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
value = time(money) / care

Actually the inverse of that.
By Calibeaner916 2014-11-08 10:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

make what ever YOU want... except Crossbow. Lol.
[+]