Gastraphetes
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 05:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, DP should be rank 1 just cause it looks so awesome. Best weapon in game!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-27 05:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Ragnarok.Zirael said: »
Opinions. Everyone. Has.

except for that fact that these opinions are based on some pretty olde testing and facts. with a tiny drop of common sense >.>;
RDM can't equip Ryuno, no matter how hard they try. That's my common sense. (To explain better: different people value different things.)
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-27 05:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gastraphetes (99+Afterglow)

Cons: Terribad mythic WS, ODT can't proc on Barrage/WS, Acc bonus on Barrage is a joke as others have pointed out

Pros: You can be the one and only blue-glowing RNG of Vanadiel?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-27 05:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions. Everyone. Has.

except for that fact that these opinions are based on some pretty olde testing and facts. with a tiny drop of common sense >.>;
RDM can't equip Ryuno, no matter how hard they try. That's my common sense. (To explain better: different people value different things.)

And no matter how much a RDM tries to reason their way into thinking that Murgleis is a good weapon, it simply is not. An item's value doesn't increase just because someone believes in the heart of the cards, nor does the value of others decrease when they don't play the respective jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 05:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Being worth picking from Mog Bonanza and being worth spending 600 mil and 4 months are different things.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-27 05:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Kenkonken really aren't that much of a boost to DPS, contrary to popular belief.

Jona would argue otherwise.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-27 05:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Kenkonken really aren't that much of a boost to DPS, contrary to popular belief.

who?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 05:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE, you have to go!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-27 06:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

who?

Jonadriel
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-27 06:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well they can try, but it won't change anything. anyway seha's right, I do have to go. bbl
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 06:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ken doesn't change pup the way Ryu changes drg. Doesn't matter how hard you try, pup still has terrible acc/attack on anything that matters and the puppet is worthless cause despite Servant and Armor plate it still gets destroyed by aoe.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-04-27 06:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions. Everyone. Has.

Rdm can equip a mythic and it will still be a bottom tier mythic

fact.

Unless SE does something huge to boost mythics with the R/M/E change, it will always be a bottom tier mythic to get for that job.

not to mention rdm is a bottom tier job atm period. There's really not much of an opinion in these statements. If you would like to prove me wrong, then please explain the value in a rdm getting a 99 mythic over a 99almace or excalibur >.>;

there's next to none, certainly not worth the pricetag, which is why it's a lower tier mythic.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-27 06:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While I agree with Proth's analysis for the most part, I feel obligated to point out that you can do comparable damage to all of them with notably cheaper weapons(yoichi or rag). There are quite a few situations where I'd much rather have 5 yoichis and a yagrush than 5 kogas and no yagrush. Group dynamic changes a lot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-27 06:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused on how Ryu makes DRG a top tier DD. Your DPS/ability to keep AM3 up drops immensely when your wyvern dies. It's not like 90% of the mobs we fight nowadays use AOE TP moves owait they do. At best it would keep you on par with decent geared DD's that are being used by good players. Someone said it in a different thread. I might outparse someone else that has Rag or Ukon99 with my Ryu, but I would kick the ***out of myself if I was on a job using either one of those. Ryu is just making a job that's just there for Angon do decent dmg.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-27 06:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
I'm still confused on how Ryu makes DRG a top tier DD. Your DPS/ability to keep AM3 up drops immensely when your wyvern dies. It's not like 90% of the mobs we fight nowadays use AOE TP moves owait they do. At best it would keep you on par with decent geared DD's that are being used by good players. Someone said it in a different thread. I might outparse someone else that has Rag or Ukon99 with my Ryu, but I would kick the ***out of myself if I was on a job using either one of those. Ryu is just making a job that's just there for Angon do decent dmg.

What?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-27 06:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

What?
You lose soul and spirit jump >.> both of which increase WS freq and allow you to keep AM3 a whole lot easier

Edit: You don't lose them but I assume you get what I meant
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 06:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ronsoranger said: »
Has anyone been able to determine a % increase to the enhances Snapshot effect? Or an educated guess based on how other Mythics work?

Nope. I tried to test it, but RNG's obscenely high Rapid shot proc rate was annoying as ***so I gave up.

How much acc+ does the Barrage Accuracy+ give?

No idea and not very easy to measure for precisely the same reason that it's not a very useful enhancement.

Most importantly, how does the ODD work for this? Does it apply to Barrage or Weapon skills?

Nope!
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-27 06:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Has anyone been able to determine a % increase to the enhances Snapshot effect? Or an educated guess based on how other Mythics work?

Nope. I tried to test it, but RNG's obscenely high Rapid shot proc rate was annoying as ***so I gave up.

How much acc+ does the Barrage Accuracy+ give?

No idea and not very easy to measure for precisely the same reason that it's not a very useful enhancement.

Most importantly, how does the ODD work for this? Does it apply to Barrage or Weapon skills?

Nope!
What obscenely high rapid shot proc rate ? :O
 Ragnarok.Zirael
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-27 06:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions. Everyone. Has.

Rdm can equip a mythic and it will still be a bottom tier mythic

fact.

Unless SE does something huge to boost mythics with the R/M/E change, it will always be a bottom tier mythic to get for that job.

not to mention rdm is a bottom tier job atm period. There's really not much of an opinion in these statements. If you would like to prove me wrong, then please explain the value in a rdm getting a 99 mythic over a 99almace or excalibur >.>;

there's next to none, certainly not worth the pricetag, which is why it's a lower tier mythic.
Sense of Accomplishment.
Besides, Almace and Excalibur are useless when you come haste/cure my THF. Murgleis on the other hand boosts convert. Again, outcome depends on how you looks at things.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-27 06:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter how you look at it, Murgleis is nothing but a trophy for a job you love. Excalibur and Almace at least are the best weapons for rdm melee. Murgleis is best for nothing, the convert augment is pretty stupid. It's completely worthless in any possible way other than looking pretty(it is).

Nagi is worse cause it's not even pretty.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 06:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG has an obscenely high Rapid Shot proc rate, which is why it's so difficult to measure ranged delay. I was counting the animation frames and it was just never the same.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-27 06:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

RNG has an obscenely high Rapid Shot proc rate, which is why it's so difficult to measure ranged delay. I was counting the animation frames and it was just never the same.
I barely see rapid shot proc and I play RNG quite often. Could it have been the snapshot ?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-27 07:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No. You think that you never see Rapid Shot proc because it almost always procs. AFAIK, Rapid Shot works like Conserve MP and shaves the delay by an amount between 1/16 and 8/16.

286 delay throwing weapon on THF - 2.414 ~ 2.547 seconds delay via Lua
323 delay throwing weapon with 10% Snapshot on RNG (~290 delay):
2.414~2.547 (13 counts)
Rapid Shot procs:
1.227 (pretty damned near half)
1.969 (2 counts)
1.672 (2 counts)

So 11/24 Rapid Shot procs. Probably about a 40% proc rate (I have 5/5 merits). Regardless, surely you can see how this high proc rate coupled by the formerly-best method of frame counting made doing ranged delay stuff very annoying.

Also, it looks like Rapid Shot likely reduces the delay by 80%, 65%, or 50%.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistaire
Server: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2013-04-27 07:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Wow, first page and we've already derailed into mythic tiering after OP was answered within 5 posts!!

That's not a derail at all. Easily relevant since OP was considering making a mythic that scores low on this idea of tiered mythics (for good reason) AND the guy was considering doing something else with the alexandrites, which means it's perfectly on topic to list which uses of those alexandrites are better.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-27 08:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually thinking at this point in the game maybe to just hoard your alex/bills/whatever and make a decision once they reveal more about what REM update they were planning on doing. Who knows how that's going to change the game. After all, the increased WSD at 99, while seemingly a minor change, changed the value of a few of the REM weapons (Particularly Mercy Stroke, IIRC). If they're planning on a more flexible change with augments who knows how big of an effect it can have on REM tiering. It's true that Gastraphetes has nothing on Annihilator atm but something something Ragnarok. Just saiyan.

Also, I think Yagrush is pretty underrated at just "useful but not worth it". I cheer whenever Divine Veil happens to proc on a divine caress usage and having that full time would be useful against a lot of annoying status effects. I guess it doesn't matter as much if you're doing stuff where you just PD/Stunlock everything, though.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-04-27 08:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point I'd put nirvana into the 5th or 6th category! Uffrat with +1 stone is/can be better!
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-04-27 09:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@10 shots I think it would be just under 60% but your'e right, I guess it wouldn't really matter in that regard. I was thinking, perhaps you could make a few changes to gear. Use more Ratt/STR gear etc, since you'd have the Mythic acc boost.

I also don't know how one would be able to maintain AM3 or how detrimental Trueflight would be. Though as I am typing this I noticed Mirvana's edit and this has been acknowledged. I guess I am doing what we've all done at some point in this game, try to make something we really like work that we know really doesn't stand a chance.
0.95^10 = 0.5987 or 59.87%

Also KKK is a very significant boost to PUP, where stringing pummel and victory smite at their base are competitive throw in the 30% damage boost from mythic not to mention after math alone.

Also being able to 3stack maneuvers on your maton without fear of overload is quite a boost to automaton performance.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-27 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Top bracket: Ryunohige, Kogasaramaru, Terpsichorde
Second bracket: Conqueror, Aymur, Glanzfaust
Third bracket: Kenkonken, Burtgang, Yagrush, Carnwenhan
Fourth bracket: Tizona, Nirvana, Levanteinn
Fifth bracket: Gastraphetes, Vajra, Death Penalty, Liberator
Sixth bracket: Nagi, Tupsimati, Murgleis

Forgive me if I'm wrong (I don't even have BRD unlocked lol), but doesn't +song duration have an easily achieved cap? I suppose it would maybe allow for some slots to be switched around but I think the main songs that matter (Marches) are also fairly easy to cap out.

Seeing Liberator on the same tier as Gastraphetes doesn't seem quite right to me either- but I suppose getting something that's really only good for 3 minute fights is rather questionable.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-27 10:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a cap for duration from skill (cap depends on the song, mostly only time you need to worry about it is Scherzo), but there's no known cap for gear that adds extra duration like specific song+ or AF3/Marduk+1 legs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-27 10:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still confused on how Ryu makes DRG a top tier DD. Your DPS/ability to keep AM3 up drops immensely when your wyvern dies. It's not like 90% of the mobs we fight nowadays use AOE TP moves owait they do.
Wyverns are very durable now.

Innate -40% DT.
1:30 spirit link recast. Used to be 3 mins.
Huge regen(33/tick) on spirit link, 1:30 duration.
Instant wyvern exp bonus on spirit link, via empathy merits(max HP boost, etc.)
Huge stoneskin from steady wing.(Can get 2k~ depending on wyvern Current/max HP on use.)

If you time your JA well, it's not hard to keep a wyvern alive. On anything from ADL to Hall of Mul, I find I'm more likely to die than my wyvern is. <,<;

At best it would keep you on par with decent geared DD's that are being used by good players. Someone said it in a different thread. I might outparse someone else that has Rag or Ukon99 with my Ryu, but I would kick the ***out of myself if I was on a job using either one of those.
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
People are one thing. Yourself is another. I outparse "people" on drg but I'd kick the ***out of a clone of myself anyday.
Context is good. Ashman doesn't have a Ryu. Naturally, his DRK would stomp his DRG.