Battlemod v2
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Ragnarok.Zirael
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-15 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Some things from last night's dynamis (sorry for delay, afterwards went straight to sleep->work). Maybe you've already amended the below messages not condensing, but just in case:

Aside from not being condensed, one of the lines is yellow, rest white? (doesn't really bother me)

My settings are
<condensebattle>true</condensebattle>
<condensebuffs>true</condensebuffs>
<cancelmulti>true</cancelmulti>
<oxford>true</oxford>
<commamode>true</commamode>
<supersilence>true</supersilence>
<targetnumber>true</targetnumber>
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-15 13:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, "wears off" messages are tough because they aren't condensed by the server. If 6 people have buffs that wear off, it's 6 different packets. I need to pull in the old mechanism I used to take care of it (editing the chat log) and use that.

As for "uses" not being condensed, that's kind of a known issue but one that I'm afraid to fix. I guess I'll push out a change for it tonight-ish and see if it still happens or causes a bunch of other problems.
 Ragnarok.Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-15 13:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, it's no biggie. I'm not demanding a fix, just pointing out things as feedback. Personally, I think seeing messages instantly in chatlog as soon as packets get received outweighs any attempts to delay the message in order to condense it. Or are the packets received together, so there is no delay between them?

But I guess some people would prefer chatlog spam to be minimized even if it means delaying some messages. Maybe yet another toggle in your settings to allow people to choose speed over cleanliness? That is, if you decide to manually (old style) condense those messages.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zirael
By Ragnarok.Zirael 2013-04-15 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I bet when you were starting this you didn't expect it to get this big. I hope you're still having fun developing and expanding Battlemod :)
From user's perspective, this addon is one of the best things community-developed for FFXI. Since game relies on chat log so much, being able to customize it to your preferences means a lot.
 Phoenix.Innina
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-04-15 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to bring something to your attention. Battlemod seems to be blocking Guildwork plugin text also. Text for Guildwork plugin is prolly one of the addtochat colors you have blocked.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-15 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, thanks! And yeah, I didn't expect it to get this big.

I do suspect that the "wears off" packets all arrive at approximately the same time, so it shouldn't appear notably different for the user than it did on the old one. I just have to put something in that makes it work. By the time I realized it was a problem, I had already gutted or re-purposed the old code. I still have a copy of battlemod v1 though, so going back shouldn't be that hard.

Re: Innina
I agree that is what is causing the problem, but if I don't block those colors them multiple chat messages will show up. I need to contact Stan and ask him to change the guildwork message color if possible.
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-04-15 13:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Np Byrth, appreciate all the hard work you do for all of us!
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-15 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went to Kill Jaculus on NIN and when I went to pull it with Hojo: Ni I was out of range. You know, that special kind of out of range where it doesn't just flat out tell you "Jaculus is too far away." but the one where it will tell you first the target is out of range and then a second line telling you you're unable to cast that spell. The thing was that the message would double itself. It seemed like the first message was the battlemod.lua version and the second message was the unmodified message. Like this:

Jaculus is out of range. <- (The name Jaculus in this line was the battlemod color.)
Unable to cast Hojo: Ni.
The Jaculus is out of range.
Unable to cast Hojo: Ni.

I'd get those 4 lines for every 1 press of my Hojo macro.
 Bismarck.Cailyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Rehwyn
By Bismarck.Cailyn 2013-04-15 14:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ithorien said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Oh, sorry. It's not my files that you have to change. I cannot block any fewer text colors than I already do or messages will come through in duplicate. You need to change the spellcast xml.

Open it up, do control-F for "addtochat" and change the numbers to 121 if you want a yellow. If you're interested in a different color, use //bm colortest to look at FFXI's color palette. Spellcast only goes up to 254, so you can choose anything below that. If you see a color you like, check the list posted in the OP (at the bottom) and make sure it isn't being blocked because it's actually a battle message.

Haha I just literally lightbulbed as you wrote this. I was thrown off because I haven't used a color in the tag ever, just the regular <addtochat>. I'll mess with this when I'm home. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Same deal with me, didn't think about it in the spellcast files since I just use the basic <addtochat>. Thanks for the explanation as well, I really like the addon but that was making it unusable for me.
By Ophannus 2013-04-15 14:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The instant damage in log before the animation goes off is pretty cool although at times counter intuitive since it will scroll past the log very quickly, is there a way to toggle/disable this? In theory its useful for seeing the damage quickly although if you WS and then triple attack before or after the WS it's quickly scrolled past.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-15 16:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
The instant damage in log before the animation goes off is pretty cool although at times counter intuitive since it will scroll past the log very quickly, is there a way to toggle/disable this? In theory its useful for seeing the damage quickly although if you WS and then triple attack before or after the WS it's quickly scrolled past.

Seems virtually the same as Triple Attacking at the same time as the WS damage is displayed the old way. What I mean is, you have the same chance to triple attack in your first attack round after the WS as you do 2 attack rounds later. Actually with the WS Damage numbers displayed immediately it seems like it would be less likely pushed off the chat log too fast because of the 1-2 second delay after the WS action that further delays the next attack round.

Plus as far as I can tell this eliminates the 'unable to see your SC damage due to blinking.' It did on SAM at least when I'd use Konzen-Ittai. Displayed like this on back to back lines immediately when WS animation started:

WS Damage
SC Damage
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-04-15 21:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway to get <addtochat></addtochat> stuff from SC to show up in log?
Battlemod is filtering it.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-04-15 22:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news, I reinstalled windower and I haven't seen a nil error since! Sorry for driving you batty Byrth.
 Fenrir.Quedari
Server: Fenrir
user: Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-04-16 00:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I filter out spells/abilities by mobs that are not my target without filtering out spells/abilities by mobs that are my target? I really don't need to know every time that goblin casts shell4 when I'm not fighting him, but I do need to see when Cerberus readies Gates of Hades. I'm just not seeing the option to separate those.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 00:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If Cerberus readies Gates of Hades, he is going to target one of your alliance members, one of your party members, or you. Because Cerberus is the actor and he is a Monster, you go to the <monsters> group of settings.

You're interested in when he readies it against you or one of your allies, you make sure "readies" is set to false for "me", "my_pet", "party", and "alliance." However, you don't care if he readies it on someone outside your group, so you can set "readies" to false for "others".
 Sylph.Kapi
Server: Sylph
user: Makum
By Sylph.Kapi 2013-04-16 00:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Anyway to get <addtochat></addtochat> stuff from SC to show up in log?
Battlemod is filtering it.

Change color to 121. Default addtochat is filtered by battlemod.

Example:

<addtochat color="121">blah blah blah</addtochat>
 Fenrir.Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-04-16 01:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That sorta helped, I used a bad example though >< I want to know when my target, party target, or alliance target is buffing itself, but I don't want to see it if the mob is not my target. If the random mage skeleton I'm running past casts ice spikes, I don't really care, but if the one my DDs are fighting casts it, I want to know before I start seeing "DD is paralyzed".
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 01:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So, like, you want to know when a Chapuli that you're fighting uses Nature's Meditation (or whatever), but you don't want to know when someone else's Chapuli uses it. These currently cannot be filtered separately because they're both part of the monsters/mosnters filter.

Unfortunately, given the presently available tools in Lua, I don't think there any good way to do what you're asking. If at some point the claim array becomes available (or I think of something that lets me do it) then I will certainly add this as an option.

I am seeing the other bug reports and writing them down, but I probably can't do anything until tomorrow night or Wednesday.
 Fenrir.Quedari
By Fenrir.Quedari 2013-04-16 01:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. SE's filter for it is "Special actions started on/by foes." I think it's just when the mob is claimed to you/your party, but I don't remember having much issue seeing stuff when it was claimed to an alliance member. This is the setting I was looking for :/ I guess I'll just have to see everything random not claimed mobs are doing in order to not miss what my mob is doing >< Thanks for your work on this, except for this one minor thing, totally loving it!
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-16 02:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if this has been posted. For fomors in SSR2 (not sure if it's a problem with all fomors) their tp moves are not displayed. I get the "readies" message, however there is no ability name following "readies." There is a space and then a period. It looks like "Fomor readies ." It's not an issue with the filters because every other mob works fine, and, as you can see, the message is not being filtered; it just doesn't display correctly. I almost died because I didn't realize the mob had used aegis schism. Other than that, working great for me. Appreciate it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 10:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Current to-do list:
Code
The "__damage" colors don't do anything, but have been left in the settings file for potential future uses.

Using //bm colortest and then expanding your chat log on small window size clients (640x480) can cause crashes. (Your guess is as good as mine) 

Fix the pet-identification algorithm

Need to check the text color of "${target} is out of Range${lb}Unable to cast ${spell}."

Potentially add a delay.

Somehow add a filter for monsters that you are currently fighting?

Fomor TP moves are not displayed.

Dark/Light Shot do not show up with statuses (dispelled/sleep respectively).

Magic Finale and likely Dispel do not show up with the appropriate statuses.

Add a filter to change the color when debuffs wear off

Healing magic filter may not be working properly.

Mining/Harvesting may be affected in some way?

Make the condense settings actually work when they're turned to false. (Consider reinstating the colorful setting).

Fix the grammar. (Very low priority because it would be very hard to do.)

Condense "${actor} uses ${weapon_skill}.${lb}${target} receives the effects of ${status}."

Fix magic bursts

Treat Staff II may not work.

Spike/Counter/Retaliation coloring and filtering is messed up.

Need to add proper color filters for Resists, effects, etc. and match them up to the in-game settable colors.

WZ_RECOVER_ALL Limbus chests.

I need to try and integrate SE's chat filters into this.

Need to incorporate Resist vs. Normal AoE buff pools when there's a mix.

Drain Samba will occasionally show up as a normal message

Need to make -na and erase spells AoE for Yagrush users and figure out why it doesn't mention the status removed from the primary target

"wears off" messages are currently not condensed.

Battlemod currently block guildwork messages. Need to talk to Stan&Co.

Having an issue with battlemod, giving an error while fighting Urd , every time the NM uses the DNC 1hr I get an error code: addons\battlemod\event_action.lua:97 attempt to indez field '?' (a nil value ) , Any solution?

Filter for item usage

Filter for "gains the effects of" messages

I'm going to try to prioritize fixing things by the difficulty of the change and the number of people the bug affects.

Some of these problems look simple, but the real solution to them is to re-write a substantial portion of the code that handles interpretation of the action packet's "inner param." I'm doing it in a stupid way right now because there wasn't much information available when I started, so I have to put in a bunch of exceptions. There's a much cleaner way to implement it that I want to use anyway so that it can be repurposed to turn action packets into ability information in the future (perhaps for a Lua version of spellcast). I'd expect fixes to most of these problems by this weekend.
By chiquitito 2013-04-16 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Byrth, been following this thread for updates/fixes on battlemod. Haven't really had any problems with it. Today tho did Kaggen on DRK and the following lines just lit up my screen pretty much the whole fight.

event_action.lua.248: invalid use of '%' in replacement string.

same thing with 257, 392, and 525

Thanks for all your work!
 Phoenix.Shellke
user: Elpy
By Phoenix.Shellke 2013-04-16 13:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Erase only displays casting line, no landing line.

Getting this duplicate:
Namecolored out of range.
Unable to cast spell.
Name out of range.
Unable to cast spell.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 13:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I am guessing that somehow you used a color that causes % to print out? Could you please either pastebin your colors.xml or paste it here with [code ] [/code ] tags?
By chiquitito 2013-04-16 13:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<settings>
	<global>
		<mob>259</mob>
		<other>8</other>

<p0>204</p0>
		<p1>5</p1>
		<p2>6</p2>
		<p3>37</p3>
		<p4>160</p4>
		<p5>161</p5>

<a10>2</a10>
		<a11>3</a11>
		<a12>038</a12>
		<a13>039</a13>
		<a14>123</a14>
		<a15>124</a15>

<a20>466</a20>
		<a21>476</a21>
		<a22>482</a22>
		<a23>492</a23>
		<a24>497</a24>
		<a25>503</a25>

<mobdmg>457</mobdmg>
		<mydmg>457</mydmg>
		<partydmg>457</partydmg>
		<allydmg>457</allydmg>
		<otherdmg>457</otherdmg>

<spellcol>439</spellcol>
		<abilcol>257</abilcol>
		<wscol>399</wscol>
		<mobwscol>362</mobwscol>
		<statuscol>207</statuscol>
		<itemcol>256</itemcol>

</global>

Here you go, some color needs to be changed?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 13:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, but now that you've posted that I can investigate it later. Something is putting a % into the replacement fields. I know it isn't me, and the only thing I don't control is the color.

Color codes in FFXI can have strange and inconsistent effects. I've exposed a lot of them, and some of them might not actually be good for you to use. We may be about to eliminate one of those!
By chiquitito 2013-04-16 14:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If it helps, lines start to pop when BRDs putting songs on party and pretty much all the time the mob is up, and ppl using temps
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-04-16 14:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I strongly suspect your problem will disappear if you change P3 to something other than 37.
By chiquitito 2013-04-16 14:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That did it :)

Thanks Byrth

/bow
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15