First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-14 11:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't let you render Mireu or anything. That is a different problem. It will just let you target monsters more easily.
 Asura.Invidias
Server: Asura
user: novus
By Asura.Invidias 2022-10-15 16:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's still great though compared to the occasional chaos on screen. I attempted to try it yesterday but ran into the same error from what Capgames wrote a few months ago. I didn't see a fix mentioned.

GearSwap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/flow.lua102:
User Event Error: C:Windower/addons/gearswap/libs/single_player.lua:31: attempt to call global 'split' (a nil value)

From the one I downloaded, in this thread, this is my Line 31.
Code
local commands = split((...)," ")

File is in gearswap/libs folder as directed. Pasted the include('single_player.lua') into my profile. Used 'gs sp on' for the command. I'm guessing I'm maybe missing something? Thanks for your time on this, it's appreciated.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2022-10-15 16:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Invidias said: »
Is it possible to block the character models of others on screen with lua?

My limited understanding is it's just blocking some kind of incoming data. It could be beneficial in highly crowded areas and targeting convenience. Ambuscade, Domain Invasion, Rabao to name some places. I spam F8 but it'd be quite nice to just toggle other player visibility sometimes.

There is a program that does this, which I won't name. To be safe I prefer not to use that though since it has other things in it that are ban worthy.

Someone on FFXIAH a long time ago posted a lua that hid PCs around Oboro during the height of Odoro oopsies, I had a friend modify it to work for other NPCs, and have kept it updated for newer content such as Sortie. Hides all PC characters within a certain radius around important NPCs, such as Rabao, Sortie, Ambuscade, DI, etc.

https://pastebin.com/d7APGHvt
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-10-15 20:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I put that in an addon folder named safespace and did lua l safespace it I'm getting safespace: file does not exist.

Please explain my dumbness to me.

edit: it's cause I had safespace.lua.lua

derp
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-18 19:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Safespace is awesome, but is there any way to not make it hide party members?

There seem to be some party code in the lua, but either somethings wrong with my system, or that code was never fleshed out.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-18 20:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Invidias said: »
I think that's still great though compared to the occasional chaos on screen. I attempted to try it yesterday but ran into the same error from what Capgames wrote a few months ago. I didn't see a fix mentioned.

GearSwap: Lua runtime error: gearswap/flow.lua102:
User Event Error: C:Windower/addons/gearswap/libs/single_player.lua:31: attempt to call global 'split' (a nil value)

From the one I downloaded, in this thread, this is my Line 31.
Code
local commands = split((...)," ")

File is in gearswap/libs folder as directed. Pasted the include('single_player.lua') into my profile. Used 'gs sp on' for the command. I'm guessing I'm maybe missing something? Thanks for your time on this, it's appreciated.

You actually should only need to load it for it to work (defaults to on), but you'll need to move 50' away and back from wherever you loaded it for the effect to kick in. The command interface is just for you to toggle it off if you want (I forgot it was there).

Try changing "split" to "gearswap.split" and see if that fixes the error for you.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2022-10-19 12:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So i have had this idea of building (or finding out how to modify) an addon that can keep track of time from last grab and check KI's to see if they are there. in a group im in often is questions how long until this or that KI is available and reminding people to go get on can be forgotten without a list to go through, so i was thinking of making one as an addon that would chime in to remind to get ki's.

Any idea where i could start?
By Masunasu 2022-10-19 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »
So i have had this idea of building (or finding out how to modify) an addon that can keep track of time from last grab and check KI's to see if they are there. in a group im in often is questions how long until this or that KI is available and reminding people to go get on can be forgotten without a list to go through, so i was thinking of making one as an addon that would chime in to remind to get ki's.

Assuming you have some coding background.

windower.ffxi.get_key_items() returns a list of key items currently available. I'd code a list of IDs for KI of interest (moglophone, plate, etc.) with their respective cooldowns, and have it check whether we have them or not in regular intervals. If the state flipped (true to false or false to true), log the time in which that happened to a local file via files or config library.

Then can have an addon command that displays Cooldown - (current time - last time) for each KI. Or you could permanently display a countdown via texts library.

Could be prone to user error, unfortunately there's not a great way to get this information from the server unless you also code a text parser for when you talk to the NPC before it's available, which isn't a bad idea.

Additionally need to consider certain use cases are different. Moglophone is available 20hrs from time of attainment, while Sortie is based from time of usage.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2022-10-19 16:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have much experience, so was going to try to figure it out and look through others to kinda frankincense
VIP
By Lili 2022-10-19 17:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »

I was writing this then my sub ran out and I ran out of money so I stopped writing this.

What the guy wrote is alright but you don't want to poll key items constantly since they "disappear" under certain conditions, you want to use a specific packet to check when you gain/lose them. Check addons\libs\packets\fields.lua for which it is.
[+]
By Tarage 2022-10-22 03:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how possible this would be but... it'd be great if there was a way for me to toggle on/off the glow/wings from REMA weapons/armor like Tartarus Platemail. There are times that the glow is distracting and while I know I can datswap, having to undo that every patch would be annoying. I'd just like a way to visually toggle it on or off. Heck, maybe even a thing where it just turns off if I'm in 1st person mode by default would be nice.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-10-22 12:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you dat swap with xipivot, you'll avoid the patches overwriting your changes, plus you have a convenient way of toggling on and off.
By RadialArcana 2022-10-22 15:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
I don't know how possible this would be but... it'd be great if there was a way for me to toggle on/off the glow/wings from REMA weapons/armor like Tartarus Platemail. There are times that the glow is distracting and while I know I can datswap, having to undo that every patch would be annoying. I'd just like a way to visually toggle it on or off. Heck, maybe even a thing where it just turns off if I'm in 1st person mode by default would be nice.

I made a pack of mods a while ago to remove rema glows from all rema (this took a lot of hours, there are so many dat swaps to do if you do it yourself manually). As Xurion said you can use them with Xipivot and never have problems with them being removed.

However keep in mind that if you have any HD mods for REMA, this pack will make them back to vanilla versions. It basically replaces all vanilla versions of glow rema with non glow vanilla versions. If you try put a HD mod of a glow rema back on, it will bring the glow back.

It's just rema weapons and ofc it's purely visual.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55680/remove-all-afterglow-effects-mod/
[+]
 Asura.Invidias
user: novus
By Asura.Invidias 2022-10-24 19:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Try changing "split" to "gearswap.split" and see if that fixes the error for you.

Thank you!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-02 11:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can pointwatch be modified to have extra settings.strings options beyond the pre-set abyssea/dynamis/default? I'm presuming its from the function on line 164 where it picks what setting it will use. Is there a way to add to this so it'll pick certain strings based on the following criteria, with the reason in brackets:
Having 2100JP / Master level. (string set to parse EP rate)
Lv99 but not Master level (string set to parse CP rate)
Below lv99 (string set to parse XP rate)

I'm just not sure what variables to set in additional elseif statements to meet the criteria needed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-11-02 16:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd want to add something like this both to the zone change function and the initialize function in statics.lua.

You'd also need to add entries to settings.xml for the new strings.
Code
local player = windower.ffxi.get_player()

if player and player['job_points'][player['main_job']:lower()]['jp_spent'] == 2100 then
    <apply your settings for a EP_only string>
elseif player and player['main_job_level'] == 99 then
    <apply your settings for a CP string>
elseif player and player['main_job_level'] < 99 then
    <apply your settings for a XP string>
else
    <default settings>
end

Keep in mind that windower updates can undo any changes you make to launcher addons, so either keep a backup or make a copy under a different name.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-11-03 08:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got around to messing with those changes, and they all seem to be working when I hop around jobs in MH and reload pointwatch. I also tested the zone change by going on a non-99 job, reloading pointwatch, and switching to a mastered job and the fields updated as expected.

Thank you!
[+]
By Lederic 2022-11-03 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Has nothing for Sortie been created yet?
By drakefs 2022-11-03 14:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »
Has nothing for Sortie been created yet?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56901/sortiehud-track-completed-objectives-rewards/
 Valefor.Kuishen
Server: Valefor
user: Kuish
By Valefor.Kuishen 2022-11-08 18:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So due to ambuscade this month I saw that there was a Focus Target addon but would there be any way to add the ability to see a players buffs/debuffs to it?

Being able to constantly have the tanks buffs/debuffs would be a great QoL thing for me on RDM.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-11-08 20:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

drakefs said: »
Stopped work on it because: 1) packets weren't sent throughout the zone (there is a workaround in the released version for party chat, off by default), but mainly 2) because the ID's kept changing. Pair that with the new stuff and it just didn't seem all that useful after doing it over and over and over. If someone else wants to take over, feel free!
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-11-09 03:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kuishen said: »
So due to ambuscade this month I saw that there was a Focus Target addon but would there be any way to add the ability to see a players buffs/debuffs to it?

Being able to constantly have the tanks buffs/debuffs would be a great QoL thing for me on RDM.
Whack a suggestion on the repo and I'll take a peek.
[+]
By Kuish 2022-11-09 04:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Valefor.Kuishen said: »

Whack a suggestion on the repo and I'll take a peek.
Done, much appreciated if you can make it work!
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-11-11 06:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Superwarp adding Devices in Sortie would be lovely

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2022-11-22 11:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be possible to make an addon that automatically puts you onto floor 2 of your mog house when you zone into it.
By Cloudius777 2022-11-22 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d like to see something like partybuffs but ONLY show the rebuffs that need removing
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-22 11:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Would it be possible to make an addon that automatically puts you onto floor 2 of your mog house when you zone into it.
You could pretty easily make one that will send the floor 2 request(causing you to zone again and end up on floor 2) shortly after zoning into floor 1. If you mean immediately loading into floor 2, that would depend on how the server enforces the zone request and would definitely be questionable in terms of potential ban if the server did honor it.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-22 12:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cloudius777 said: »
I’d like to see something like partybuffs but ONLY show the rebuffs that need removing
you can just filter whatever buffs you don't want listed.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30