Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » SortieHUD - Track completed objectives, rewards
SortieHUD - Track completed objectives, rewards
By Sockfoot 2022-09-05 15:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to put this out there to possibly save someone some work. Tracks total and gained muffins as well as cases/sapphires.
Boxes will light up in their respective colors as you get them. Trying to go back through log spam can be annoying only to find out you've been trying to get a box you got 5 minutes ago.

Need to test this in evening run, will release ASAP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Godofwars
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Godofwars 2022-09-05 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

nice work bro
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-09-05 15:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious, have you identified the packet messages and how they correspond to each box being opened? If I recall, when an objective is completed it doesn't specifically identify which chest objective was completed in the chat log. You just get a message saying something along the lines of 3/7 objectives complete in A area.

If not, does the addon track the target name of the box when it is being opened? If so, is this addon targeted toward people doing solo runs?

I'm just curious how the addon will recognize which box has been unlocked/opened for a group that is split up doing objectives in different areas of the map at the same time.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-05 15:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The packets have that info.

When I was logging last night, everything was sent zone wide. The true test will be tonight with the addon running, but I see no reason it won't work.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-09-05 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

cool, thanks for putting in the work to get it parsed
[+]
Server: Asura
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2022-09-05 15:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »
Just wanted to put this out there to possibly save someone some work. Tracks total and gained muffins as well as cases/sapphires.
Boxes will light up in their respective colors as you get them. Trying to go back through log spam can be annoying only to find out you've been trying to get a box you got 5 minutes ago.

the hero we needed
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-05 16:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

man i hope this works as intended. it'll be so nice
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-09-05 18:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you think of anyway to indicate that X coffer(eg porxie) needs the earlier chests to work? Or display some objectives for the region you're in?
By Sockfoot 2022-09-05 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't really intend for it to know everything for you, especially since things aren't all known exactly. For the moment, no intentions on adding objectives but perhaps once they are locked down completely.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-05 23:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple updates:

Packets don't seem to be sent area wide, will go through the packet logs to confirm. Also doesn't help that our member that does things separate used the exit item instead of dropping it..

The items don't seem to trigger the packet or the register_event('add item') - have some other packets logged and will look over those. Might work with incoming text, will test that, too.

The big issue here is if the packets aren't area wide, is there another solution? Could have it send a party message which could be picked up by the addon to notify others that aren't around? Thoughts?
By enfarious 2022-09-06 10:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it posts to everybodies chat log zone wide when a chest is opened there's at least that log message to read. Idk if parsing those messages would fit your current approach, but at least they're there.
I also imagine that you could scan inventory for the temp items periodically to update when keys/metals/etc. appear w/o regard to incoming packet data. It doesn't solve the issue of knowing about objectives that don't add an item, but again, maybe that's enough in some cases.
Also, thank you for this. Idk how many times I've chased a chest I don't need anymore w/o realizing it till the last of my hair was nearly all gone.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-06 10:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

enfarious said: »
Idk how many times I've chased a chest I don't need anymore w/o realizing it till the last of my hair was nearly all gone.
Yeah... I think we all feel this.

Since it posts to everybodies chat log zone wide when a chest is opened there's at least that log message to read.
Very doable and can add the (x/7) counter to the right to at least accurately know the count.

I also imagine that you could scan inventory for the temp items periodically to update when keys/metals/etc.
Could definitely work for the chests that you don't already have the items for. I know those triggered the packets/events when I zoned in so I imagine they also did when the chest was opened.

Still not sure why the Sapphires/Cases weren't triggering either the dropped item packet or the 'add item' event. Packet logging wasn't as robust as I'd hoped and I guess I didn't turn on record so I couldn't go back through them one by one. Will try again tonight.

If anyone else wants to look:
0x0D2 - item
0x05B - box

also using incoming text and add item registered events.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-09-06 11:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I do events with this guy
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2022-09-06 11:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy to help test, but where can I download the files for this? I don't see it in the windower launcher unless I am missing it.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-09-06 12:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-06 12:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56901/sortiehud-track-completed-objectives-rewards/#3638912

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Happy to help test, but where can I download the files for this? I don't see it in the windower launcher unless I am missing it.
Don't think its been shared anywhere yet and would be a while for it to be added to windower launcher if ever.
By enfarious 2022-09-06 14:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Still not sure why the Sapphires/Cases weren't triggering either the dropped item packet or the 'add item' event.
Yeah that's kind of odd. Wonder if SE did that thing they do where they just randomly stuck them into some other packet for the sake of ensuring they'd get picked up zone-wide.
At least Sapphires/Cases are normal items that appear in inventory for easy counting even if the chests that drop them can't be detected zone-wide.
By Tarage 2022-09-06 17:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything in the packets that get sent that say the state of an objective? IE "You've killed 2/3 mobs for this". I imagine not, but worth asking.
By Sockfoot 2022-09-06 19:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A count on the objectives would be lovely, but not available that I'm aware of. Would be hard to scan for and I don't see any reason to send that to the clients.

And yeah, I suppose I can get an initial count for sapphires/cases and then periodically check inventory to see the difference, just seems like a poor way of doing it. I suppose it will suffice until we have a better solution.
VIP
By Lili 2022-09-07 04:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Still not sure why the Sapphires/Cases weren't triggering either the dropped item packet or the 'add item' event.

I have a memory of having troubles with add/remove item events in windower and direct to inventory drops not triggering them (Geas Fete, HTMBs, Divergence, etc).

I'd recommend tracking 0x01F and 0x020 manually and take the info from there. You can take a look at how Treasury tracks inventory, and that addon generally has no issue with direct drops.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-12 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a bit busy with life and only sorting minor things each run.

Have added:
  • an objective counter that keeps up with the messages, including lighting up all if 7/7 and you weren't around for some/any (tested)

• chest objectives are tracked via temp items (untested on shard/metal, won't be able to test key/plate but they are there anyway)

• all coffers light up when Aurum drops (untested)

• working on a verbose system to track between players, currently echoing (instead of /p) a concise message for all local objectives in a running 3 second window (thinking ele's and more importantly fomors to keep from spamming 4x messages immediately) - currently says something to the effect of 'ChestD3, ChestD4, CasketD1 obj complete' which could conceivably also be tracked by the addon. Sending messages will be optional and off by default as I know people might not want this exposure

0x020 will work I think, just need to toy with it a bit more so hopefully get both runs in tonight. Need to make sure it isn't duplicating if item is removed from bag, etc.. Stay tuned.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-09-26 19:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Any release on this, or is it still semi-functional?
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-27 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Been travelling a lot for work, don't have opportunity to do much then. I'd say 90% ready to go, will try to get more done tonight!
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-28 00:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, so to be clear, this isn't 100% working but since the link was posted I went ahead and put the newest version up.

Sometimes the case/sapphire count is off, need to look into this more but mostly it is right. It *will* add sapphires that you purchase if you are running the addon, keep that in mind.

Pulling objectives from text, ie Ra'Kaznar Metal #B was found (while not around) isn't working currently, just haven't had the time to get the parsing done properly.

Currently it will *echo* a message when an objective is completed around you that can be parsed by the addon. If you wish, you can change the echo to send to party. Will make it a toggle and off by default in future release.

Tired, think that is everything of note. Enjoy!

https://github.com/sockedfoot/SortieHUD

edit: oh and the only time I've gotten a +1 case with it on, it didn't record it. Not sure why looking at everything and need to get another to test it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Cheaper
Server: Lakshmi
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Cheaper 2022-12-11 19:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any new updated version of this?
By Sockfoot 2022-12-11 20:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gave it up as there didn't really seem to be a point. The initial thought was if groups split up, it would be nice to be notified. Packets are only sent if local to the objective so that more or less ruled that out. IDs change and I'm not sure if there is a way around that. Plus, once a group settles into a pattern there becomes much less need. Muffin counter probably the most useful thing in there and it should still function, can just rip out that part of the code if you want it and nothing else.