Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-05-14 21:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't math. Thanks Therin lol.
By Ophannus 2013-05-16 09:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So with an Ophidian Trident what kind of build are we using? Obviously no point in an X hit build with it, so full DPS Haste/DA/TA/QA/Attack? Since we don't need the STP, is /DRK more viable than /SAM with that polearm? So annoying they gave us a spear instead of a lance, with lower base DMG than GS/GAxe/GK. Rightfully it should have been a lance with like 229 DMG and 492 delay or something instead of 180ish damage and 396 delay ._.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-05-16 14:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

hit builds are still important, a 7 hit is relatively easy to do with /sam and opens up a lot of space for adding DA/TA/QA a 6 hit is also possible but will have to do some math to see if it is worth it since it takes all stp and haste gear to get enough stp and still cap haste also will be a while before I have all the necessary pieces. yes a higher delay/dmg weapon would have been preferred but it's still a very strong weapon.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-16 15:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Going with drg/sam, I came up with the following two builds which perform almost identically:

ItemSet 301247

ItemSet 301250

The first focuses on Store TP for a 6-hit, and caps haste. The second focuses on multi-hit and is more of a 6.5 8-hit, and has 24% 25% haste. Spreadsheet has first at 221.147 DPS, and the second at 221.279 223.579 DPS. {edit: after adjusting set 2}

Mikinaak items are unaugmented. Can swap Phorcys head in place of Ares+1 head on second one and still be fine, but Phorcys legs weakens it.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2013-05-16 17:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 301262

This comes in marginally higher once you obtain Bladeborn/Steelflash. If you somehow obtain the 9%/10% haste belt you can use Karieyh boots for a slight increase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-05-16 17:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

well a few things to keep in mind in comparing these builds,

for the 6 hit you have listed you would need at least 26 stp gear on ws still assuming 2/3 of the extra hits land which limits the strength of your ws a bit, probably want to include asperity necklace at least in tp set to let you drop a lot more stp for ws. also your pretty much stuck in your tp set for jump since you need the stp also your tp bonus

for your "6.5 hit" set unless I'm counting it wrong I think you are still ~10 stp short of 7 hit depending on what ws build you are planning to use.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-16 19:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

@Vow:

On set 2, AF3+2 feet managed to slip by me (duh). They'd be an improvement (up to 223.579 DPS), so adjusting the set there. However after switching to those, Enif body, Lancer hands, and Phorcys head/legs are all downgrades, as would be Brutal/Kokou.

@Jakey:

For the first build, STP on weaponskill was Rose Strap (obviously), Rajas, Brutal/Moonshade, and Karieyh feet, for 15 + /sam = 30. Used the same gear for the second build, but it'd be lacking 4 from Rose Strap.

Ganesha easily beats out Asperity, and the ability to use, say, Pyrosoul instead of Rajas won't be anywhere near enough to make up the difference.

The only pieces competitive with Karieyh on feet is augmented Huginn (2233 vs 2225, so barely noticeable, not worth it vs having the extra Store TP) and Whirlpool (2282, so significant upgrade, and may want to readjust things if you manage to get them).

So aside from getting Whirlpool, there doesn't seem to be any reason to not have that much STP in the weaponskill set. It will likely have different needs for a different subjob, though.

On x-hits: Set 1 has an average of 4.71 rounds per weaponskill, while set 2 has an average of 5.62 rounds per weaponskill. My 6.5-hit remark wasn't really correct; I was conflating rounds and hits, and looking at the wrong numbers.

Looking at actual TP values, set 1 is a psuedo 6-hit (requires all 3 additional hits from the weaponskill to land to maintain 6-hit). Accounting for multi-attack procs, approximately 90% of all weaponskills should result in a 6-hit cycle, while 10% will have a 7-hit cycle.

Set 2 is actually an 8-hit, but has a high enough multi-attack rate that it drops an entire extra round, on average.
By Ophannus 2013-05-17 14:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Neo Salvage gear nor do I have enough points yet for the feet/hands, rocking something like this;going for the second set you posted Mote with the high multi-hits. Even though I don't have ares, wondering if the QA from enif and DA from hands will compensate a bit. It's still a 7 hit technically.

ItemSet 301347

Seems like a 6 hit with 396 delay is significantly faster than a 5 hit with a 492 delay. The former with reach 100% TP about 200-250 delay faster than the 492 delay 5 hit assuming no multi hit procs.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-17 23:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that actually comes pretty close to the other sets. And looking at it, it looks pretty much like what Vow suggested.

Apologies to Vow; each individual piece (and some combinations of pieces) were downgrades, but the overall combination actually seems pretty good.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ophannus 2013-05-18 04:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm striving for the 6 hit set you have Mote. The interesting thing about a 6 hit with 396 delay is that it reaches 100% about 250 delay faster than a 5 hit with any standard 492 lance which is kinda neat. Just gonna cost a crapload of RP to fully upgrade the hands/feet/weapon. And gdi so annoying that the hands basically suck until fully upgraded. I don't always wear 4% haste hands but when I do, it has to have INT and MND on it -_-. Might as well wear Karieyh till the Delve hands get enough RP to not suck.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-18 05:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
The interesting thing about a 6 hit with 396 delay is that it reaches 100% about 250 delay faster than a 5 hit with any standard 492 lance which is kinda neat.

Still, I miss having 20 tp after a ws, hitting the mob one time for 40 total, then soul jumping immeadiately for 100 total. or spirit if a multi hit procced on your normal attack round
By Ophannus 2013-05-18 13:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Me too but since you need less STP with a 6 hit than a 5hit, it allows you to wear a lot more DA/TA/QA gear which really ups your DPS noticeably.
By Ophannus 2013-05-18 13:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Mikinaak cuisses is the best Stardiver leg piece now. Fully upgraded it's: STR+23 Attack+35 Accuracy+10 WS Accuracy+10.
By SwearingTom 2013-05-18 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So with easy access to this new polearm(I'm a couple good farms away from buying it, after already buying several other weapons) I'd like to play DRG a bit.

The problem is, I don't have NNI gear, and every set I see listed uses Phorcys Head/Legs for tp set in order to reach 5 or 6 hit builds, depending on the weapon. Am I screwed without these two gear pieces? Is there any plausible gear sets I can work towards that still keeps my dps up pretty high while maintaining 6-hit with an Oph?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-18 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The delve polearm is probably the worst of the new weapons, and honestly, if you don't have phorcys gear I would strongly recommend obtaining that before trying to get into a delve group otherwise.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-18 17:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Me too but since you need less STP with a 6 hit than a 5hit, it allows you to wear a lot more DA/TA/QA gear which really ups your DPS noticeably.

Still, doesn't it take more stp to 6 hit with 396, then it takes to 5 hit with 496? In which case there would be less room for multi attack gear
By SwearingTom 2013-05-18 18:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
The delve polearm is probably the worst of the new weapons, and honestly, if you don't have phorcys gear I would strongly recommend obtaining that before trying to get into a delve group otherwise.

I recommend it too, but I'm 0/infinity with pickup groups on my server. We usually can't even reach floor 80.. it's that bad. As I implied DRG isn't my main, but I enjoy playing it and wanted to add a little variety to my plasm farming. It's boring enough as it is.

Ah well.. I guess that'll put DRG on the backburner for me yet again.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-18 23:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SwearingTom said:
The problem is, I don't have NNI gear, and every set I see listed uses Phorcys Head/Legs for tp set in order to reach 5 or 6 hit builds, depending on the weapon. Am I screwed without these two gear pieces? Is there any plausible gear sets I can work towards that still keeps my dps up pretty high while maintaining 6-hit with an Oph?

Lacking NNI gear, your other option would be Salvage +1 gear. Salvage just takes patience, and is not nearly as difficult to farm as NNI; however it will take a substantial amount of time to complete those pieces, since you're looking at maybe 6 pages per run, 40 pages per piece, and 3.5 pieces, so perhaps 25 runs dedicated to just collecting the paper needed (never mind the NQ Salvage if you don't have those completed, plus needing to farm the 45's).

So, stepping back from that, we're looking at head/body/hands/legs to fill things out. Given fairly easy stuff from elsewhere, we'll assume we're starting with:

Goading Belt/Lancer+2 feet for haste (10%)
Goading/Rajas/Tyrant/Steelflash/Bladeborn/Rose/Hagneia for Store TP (23), plus /sam (+15 = 38)

Allowing for Weaponskill average TP returns, we're actually sitting right on a pseudo 7-hit (average) build. We can reduce the average number of rounds per weaponskill cycle slightly with more Store TP, but not much (another 15 Store TP drops rounds from 6.20 to 6.0).

Therefore we're primarily concerned with filling in haste (need 15-16%), DA/TA/QA, and Str/Acc/Att.

Legs: There don't appear to be many decent haste options outside of Phorcys (or other NNI) and Ares+1. Will go with Calmecac, assuming we can afford the accuracy hit.

Hands: There's tons of 4% haste options. Will go with Karieyh for now.

Head: Going with Mikinaak for the 7% haste.

Currently at 24% haste.

Body: Thinking Ace's, Enif, Ker or Porthos for low-difficulty options. Scanning through what's available, though, Karieyh actually comes out ahead of all of those. If I take off the haste from hands, order is: Porthos > Ace's = Ker

So, Porthos body + Lancer+2 hands, or Karieyh body + Karieyh hands. The Porthos/Lancer combo is slightly better, coming in at 219.832 vs the 223.579 of the Ares+1 set, and the 221.147 of the Phorcys set, while Karieyh body/hands comes in at 213.954 (Karieyh body + Mikinaak hands is a tiny bit better at 214.160, and has potential to improve from augments).

So this is the set:

ItemSet 301438

Comes very close to the other options without needing NNI/NeoSalvage gear.
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-05-19 02:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused now that i got these 2 Double Attack +7% Earrings

Do you WS in both of them... or do you take them out and WS in Brutal/WoG TP Bonus?
 Ragnarok.Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-19 03:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine you would still use brutal/moonshade
By Ophannus 2013-05-19 04:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This^
 Shiva.Silentknight
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Silentknight 2013-05-19 05:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Corect me if i'm wrong here but considering a 396 delay, comes out to 10.2 tp per hit, wouldn't the magic number be 52stp (/sam) to maintain a proper 6 hit, of which your 6 hit set is only 49, that being said i came up with a bit of something, my biggest issue here is finding a replacement for the back, don't think they're anything outside of tact that gives 3+ stp on drg ><

ItemSet 301468
 Ragnarok.Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-19 05:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Silentknight said: »
wouldn't the magic number be 52stp (/sam) to maintain a proper 6 hit?

That's the same number I'm getting
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-19 10:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Silentknight said: »
Corect me if i'm wrong here but considering a 396 delay, comes out to 10.2 tp per hit, wouldn't the magic number be 52stp (/sam) to maintain a proper 6 hit, of which your 6 hit set is only 49

Given that I set the weaponskill to have 30 Store TP (including /sam), the following TP returns apply:

Main hit: 13.2
Main+1: 14.5
Main+2: 15.8
Main+3: 17.1

Since this pseudo requires all 3 additional hits to land, we need 82.9 TP in the next 5 hits. That's 16.6 TP per hit (83 TP total). From a 10.2 base TP weapon, that requires 63 Store TP. 15 Store TP comes from /sam, leaving 48 Store TP needed in gear.

51 Store TP would make it a pseudo that only needed 2 additional hits to land, but the gear changes necessary wouldn't notably change the overall DPS (or make it slightly worse).
 Shiva.Silentknight
By Shiva.Silentknight 2013-05-19 11:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

also seeing as how i've got you here, needed some help with my drg xml, adding a trigger for my breath set when mage subbed, anyway i can do it to trigger off the wyvern and not the spell or do i just have to break down and list the spells as the triggers?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-05-19 12:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, your questions don't make any sense, even after correcting for the run-on sentence (and hoping I got it right).
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-05-19 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's trying to say that he wants his gear to swap based off of when his wyvern does breath, rather than a delay based on the trigger spell? Not positive though. lol
 Shiva.Silentknight
By Shiva.Silentknight 2013-05-19 13:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i want to know if i can trigger breath gear off the wyvern's healing breath instead of a spell.