Dang...I was afraid I would need Drachenhorn. Back to PW I guess ><
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-29 16:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some more maths on it... apparently if you're using Huginn then Drachenhorn is better, but you're better off using Drachenhorn and Karieyh... unless I'm doing something wrong... on high tier stuff like Legion, Huginn are worse, and on lower tier stuff they're only really better if you have rogues roll, and not by far either.
By Ophannus 2013-04-29 20:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So Lancer Cuissots+1/2 now read that they boost Spirit Jump.
 Fenrir.Othilda
Server: Fenrir
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2013-04-30 12:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I noticed that too!

Prolly a mess up, like taking brd off of some Nares and/or Rubeus gear (don't exactly remember which) on one of the previous updates.
 Bahamut.Kiralai
Server: Bahamut
user: Kiralai
By Bahamut.Kiralai 2013-04-30 20:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Othilda said: »
Yeah, I noticed that too!

Prolly a mess up, like taking brd off of some Nares and/or Rubeus gear (don't exactly remember which) on one of the previous updates.

It's the other way around, supposedly. What it said before was the mistake, and what it says now is the correction/true effect. That's what it said in a patch note somewhere anyway.
By Ophannus 2013-04-30 21:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui said it was meant to affect Soul Jump but it had been giving a bonus to Spirit Jump all this time. He said also that after the patch he would correctly extend the effect to Soul Jump AND keep its bonus to Spirit Jump.
 Bahamut.Kiralai
Server: Bahamut
user: Kiralai
By Bahamut.Kiralai 2013-04-30 21:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Matsui said it was meant to affect Soul Jump but it had been giving a bonus to Spirit Jump all this time. He said also that after the patch he would correctly extend the effect to Soul Jump AND keep its bonus to Spirit Jump.

Ah, you're right. I remember that. Nevermind!
 Quetzalcoatl.Lanien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tymon
By Quetzalcoatl.Lanien 2013-05-01 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's talk weapons for a second.

Here's the (realistically for now) attainable polearm:

May be a while before anyone can get the one off of the super Naakual bosses.

The delay here is the main question. Obviously the base damage makes it superior to other options for the time being, but would this significantly change gear sets until the 492 delay one is obtainable?

You can only 7 hit it without going way overboard in STP gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2013-05-02 22:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

actually if you can get your hands on one of the new 9/10% haste belt it is possible to get up to a 6 hit build which not only speeds up your ws frequency a lot but allows for self sc from soul and spirit jump and 1 regular hit.

something along the lines of this allows you to still drop most of your store tp for ws.

ItemSet 299517

there's of course other new better store tp gear but wanted to stick to gear I can see getting or at least getting access to relatively soon.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2013-05-04 14:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Mikinaak Greaves are superior to Ace's in just about every way. K'ayres ring is also superior to Tyrant's.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2013-05-09 00:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

A new 5-hit TP set I whipped up for DRG. Mainly a set for mobs or NMs where you need the accuracy. Can't wait to get my hands on the new gear.

ItemSet 300293

Edited it to keep that 25% haste, it is now a 5-hit without being /SAM. It loses about 13 accuracy, but I think this does well enough like this.

By Darrt 2013-05-09 03:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Grim that set has 44 stp. You need 51 to 5 hit with a 492 delay lance. If you are /thf, which is what i hear people use for delve, then you don't have enough to 5 hit, and if you are /sam you have too much. You can lose the grip and ammo slot putting you at 37 stp and open those slots for better options.

Overall excellent set though, i wish i had people to play with that share the same time zone as me so i would have a shot at it.

edit: for anyone thinking "huh this is an MMO what do you mean you dont have people to play with?" Im currently in korea (GMT+9) so its 99% JP on when i am on and they don't play with americans.
 Ragnarok.Grimkitty
By Ragnarok.Grimkitty 2013-05-09 08:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hm... the calculator said it was a 5-hit. It is /SAM though, so I didn't calculate that in that I would probably be /THF for delves. Trying to think where I can swap in some more sTP while trying to maintain 25% Haste.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2013-05-09 19:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what was said about not 5hitting outside of /SAM with that set and being way too much if /sam but Also I would not /thf on delves.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2013-05-10 16:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

With proper bard songs/corsair rolls, and sushi you should have little problem hitting with Drg's accuracy traits in combination with hasso /sam. My linkshell attempted to fight the bee boss of the Ceizak delve fracture and I had the highest accuracy of any of the meleeing DDs on Drg(though I guess I was using Gungnir). The set posted above also has stp slotted in for the neck; of which ganesha's doesn't have any.

Thief sub isn't necessary if you have good support, so that much stp isn't really necessary; I'd rather opt for more multi attack pieces like enif corazza, duplus grip, etc. and go /sam to 5hit. Obviously this is highly dependent upon having good support/a good linkshell.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-11 08:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »

So ... what is this nifty little contraption called? And where do I get one?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-11 08:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-05-13 02:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So ah.... On the mikinaak greaves:

Is there any benefit at all to going the B path on these as opposed to A path? With the recent focus on accuracy, is the extra acc and DEX(crits?) worth anything in TP phase? How do the two paths stack up against fracture mobs and bosses?

A path: DEF:37 Attack+25 Accuracy+10 STR+10 "Store TP"+5 Haste+4%

vs

B path: DEF:37 Attack+20 Accuracy+15 DEX+10 "Store TP"+5 Haste+4%
 Valefor.Darrtt
Server: Valefor
user: Darrt
By Valefor.Darrtt 2013-05-13 03:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go the str/atk route.
 Cerberus.Kayaa
Server: Cerberus
user: Ruijana
By Cerberus.Kayaa 2013-05-13 06:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

More of a question regarding weapons:

I'm sitting on enough points to purchase a weapon, but the delay on Ophidian Trident is a bit of a turn off for x-hit builds. With a good set up would it be worth it or would another weapon serve me better? (I have Chauve-Souris 99 atm)
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-05-13 06:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Short of Ryunohige 99 (from what I understand anyway) and Upukirex, Ophidan's Trident should outperform everything else as best I can tell.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-05-13 07:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also a bit curious as to how to build a TP set with this low delay polearm. with 496 delay or 507, the TP options felt so obvious. But since I cant reasonably make a 6-hit build with the options I have for gear atm, it opens up a LOT of options for side grade gear, and all this random nonsense.

I was thinking of working towards something like this possibly
ItemSet 300690
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-13 08:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought this might be worth mentioning - when Mikinaak Helm is fully upgraded on Path A, it receives an additional 15 attack, 10 STR, and 10 accuracy, yielding the following stats.

Fully Upgraded Mikinaak Helm - (Rank 15, Path A)

STR+22, DEX+12, Attack+25, Accuracy+10, Haste+7%

After you add in the bonus attack and accuracy from STR/DEX, you end up with the following overall stats:

STR+22, DEX+12, Attack+41, Accuracy+19, Haste+7%.

The 41 attack assumes that the leftover 2 STR will only add 1 attack instead of 3, so it can potentially be Attack+43.

I have mine at rank 12, and am about halfway to rank 13. Hope you enjoy grinding plasm.
 Valefor.Darrtt
user: Darrt
By Valefor.Darrtt 2013-05-14 04:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like to know why SE went full retard and decided that the new delve polearm needed to be a garbage *** trident. Give me a *** 492 delay lance like we have been using since level 20 and not some garbage that has less damage than any of the other new 2 handed weapons obtained via the same way.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-05-14 08:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Darrtt said: »
i would like to know why SE went full retard and decided that the new delve polearm needed to be a garbage *** trident.

So you can harpoon the shark ofc.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-14 08:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Grimkitty said: »
hm... the calculator said it was a 5-hit. It is /SAM though, so I didn't calculate that in that I would probably be /THF for delves. Trying to think where I can swap in some more sTP while trying to maintain 25% Haste.

that's also not going to be a 5-hit unless you're wsing and jumping in the exact same build you're tping in. (just saying for everyone in thread).

If you're going to use FFXI calc: normally I fill in the gear I would optimally want to ws in, then click up the "ws hits" bar to 1-less than the amount of hits my ws does (with 95% capped acc you're only going to 4/4 drakesbane 80% of the time and that's with capped....) then take the value you have on your "tp per hit" and put in the "custom" field. Now you can build your tp gear around whatever your ws return is.

The only problem from there is unless you stack tp gear for jumps, you're going to come up short from their tp return etc.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2013-05-14 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 296539

This is the item set I put together..

Taru-taru DRG99/SAM49 (without Hasso up or food eaten) TP set with Augments on feet, hands, and body.

Accuracy:

401.8 (combat Skill) + 64.5 (from base dex as /sam tarutaru) + 9 (gear dex) + 91 (gear) +35 (job trait) + 30 (augments) = 631.3 total acc

Attack:

8 + 424 (combat skill) + 63.75 (from base str) + 19.5 (gear str) + 164 (gear) + 45 (augments) + 22.5 (augments from STR) = 746.75 completely unbuffed.

27% haste (capped, 1 over)

36 stp (5-hit build as /sam)

22% Double Attack ()

2% Crit rate

With Buffs

896.75 ATT (just at/around 900 with the 7str on food) with Red Curry or red Curry Bun. Additional 4ish Attack from Hasso

904.75 ATT with Hasso and Food

Small ACC and Haste Increase. (Hasso)

+72 or 81 ATT from Minuet depending

Haste 10-40% with march (Haste)

Chaos Roll 31-40% at 11 (Attack) 231-298.4

Fighter's roll 18-24% at 11 (Double Attack)

Well over 1200 att with buffs and food...

If I were to go /war and maintain a 6-hit only.. I would remove the Hagenia Stone, Istio Belt, Asperity necklace, and K'ares Ring and replace them with the following..

Belt - Zoran's Belt (1 more haste is a waste but 14 att and 7 dex)
Neck - Ganesha's Mala (2% quad attack)
Ring - Tyrant's Ring (More att, with 1 less STP)
Ammo - Pick your poison.. 15att?

That would give me 26 STP as /war but increased attack. Oh.. and 2% Quad ATT.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-05-14 19:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG cannot equip that Sash nor the Tathlum.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2013-05-14 19:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
Just thought this might be worth mentioning - when Mikinaak Helm is fully upgraded on Path A, it receives an additional 15 attack, 10 STR, and 10 accuracy, yielding the following stats. Fully Upgraded Mikinaak Helm - (Rank 15, Path A) STR+22, DEX+12, Attack+25, Accuracy+10, Haste+7% After you add in the bonus attack and accuracy from STR/DEX, you end up with the following overall stats: STR+22, DEX+12, Attack+41, Accuracy+19, Haste+7%. The 41 attack assumes that the leftover 2 STR will only add 1 attack instead of 3, so it can potentially be Attack+43. I have mine at rank 12, and am about halfway to rank 13. Hope you enjoy grinding plasm.
That is crazy amount of plasm/gil to farm.
By Therin 2013-05-14 20:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

About 250,000 plasm should finish a piece, so you're talking 50 runs @ 5k each. Not that bad.