Geomancer Vendor Scroll Prices
First Page 2
 Odin.Tezziret
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: mystok14
By Odin.Tezziret 2013-03-28 09:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As I've yet to really see anyone say anything about this... Has anyone found any of the spells that the vendors sell for 400k+ from any other source - Monster Drops, Quests, etc.?

Edit: In case the initial post wasn't clear. I'm talking about the Indi- and -Ara spells.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-03-28 09:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the Scroll gathering thread that has been active for the last 8 hours.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-28 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And read this.
 Odin.Tezziret
By Odin.Tezziret 2013-03-28 10:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Link? If you're referring the the spell locations thread "Gathering Geo-_____ spells!", that's not really what I'm referring to.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-03-28 10:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tezziret said: »
Link? If you're referring the the spell locations thread "Gathering Geo-_____ spells!", that's not really what I'm referring to.

You ask for a source of the geo-spells other than buying them from the vendor. Yet when directed to the thread that people are discussing where they are being found, you say that not what you want?

To make it less stressful, just stop playing for a week, and come back and read the bg-wiki page once its done.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kristiania
Server: Phoenix
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-03-28 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

You ask for a source of the geo-spells other than buying them from the vendor. Yet when directed to the thread that people are discussing where they are being found, you say that not what you want?

To make it less stressful, just stop playing for a week, and come back and read the bg-wiki page once its done.

They were asking if the vendored scrolls, the ones that are very expensive, can be gotten elsewhere. Specifically, if they are a world drop from any mobs.
[+]
 Odin.Tezziret
By Odin.Tezziret 2013-03-28 10:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Try to understand my initial post.

The Geo- Spells are not from scrolls. I asked about scrolls from vendors.
Those scrolls are Indi- and -Ara spells. They are a completely separate topic.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kristiania
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-03-29 00:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't found any alternatives, unfortunately, so get ready to drop around ~6-8M on vendor scrolls alone.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-03-29 08:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

8,121,163 Gil the total cost for all spells from the 3 vendors.
if these scrolls don't drop, then it would be similar to COR dices, they never drop.

not a bad Gil sink...
 Shiva.Cybermario
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2013-03-29 15:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

prices for Indri spells are absurd... glad all i wanted was to lvl RUN.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-03-30 18:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

still no sign of a means of price relief? None dropped as rewards for reives or other SoA content?
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2013-04-01 19:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
if these scrolls don't drop, then it would be similar to COR dices, they never drop.

not a bad Gil sink...

Very big Gil sink , I hope there is some price relief some where.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-04-01 19:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

8M for all the spells really isn't that much when you compare it to all the BLM or all the WHM spells...
[+]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2013-04-01 20:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
8M for all the spells really isn't that much when you compare it to all the BLM or all the WHM spells...
Except the BLM scrolls can all be obtained by other means than buying (and in fact most of them, the primary method of obtainment is a monster drop). With the geo scrolls, you have no choice but to buy them.

Meteor might be 2-3 mil, but you don't buy it from a vendor- it is possible to obtain it yourself without paying gil.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tarusofo
user: Neptune
By Ragnarok.Tarusofo 2013-04-02 04:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm honestly holding off on buying at those prices. I cannot believe that there will be no other way to obtain the scrolls!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2013-04-02 05:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is that they might be released as monster drop or rewards in future updates. We still have Monstrosity to come out, for one thing...
But more likely they will drop from certain NM's. Or maybe the vendor prices will drop as your pioneer status rises? Who knows...
By Sakuhra 2013-04-02 05:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

geo needs blm spells too, so if someone never played a mage but wants to play geo, he would have to pay the 8m + buy blm spells, so yes they are WAY to overpriced for a npc price, and since someone talked about cor rolls well you have to buy them from npc only too, but they have "normal" prices and dont sell for 500-700k / roll/scroll lol
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2013-04-02 05:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe in the future. I'm certain they got quite a bit of additions to add onto this expansion. Including AF related attire for both jobs. Keep your head up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-02 05:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it's also possible to farm meteor, sell it for 2-3m, and buy some geo spells

you know, if you consider farming meteor a viable alternative for blm
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-02 05:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »

not a bad Gil sink...
dont have to buy all of them... they are many spells you will never use..
[+]
 Cerberus.Tzaellia
Server: Cerberus
user: Tzaellia
By Cerberus.Tzaellia 2013-04-02 06:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?... Almost every single BLM spell can be gotten for free as a drop whether it be from an NM or from a Chest/Treasure Casket/Coffer. It's the lazy and/or impatient who spend unnecessary gil.

So yeah, 8+mil is WAY too much.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-02 06:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

almost every single BLM spell that can be gotten for free as a drop whether it be from a NM or from a Chest/Treasure Casket/Coffer can be sold to fund your geo spells
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-02 06:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tzaellia said: »

Really?... Almost every single BLM spell can be gotten for free as a drop whether it be from an NM or from a Chest/Treasure Casket/Coffer. It's the lazy and/or impatient who spend unnecessary gil.

I don't remember them dropping from chest before abyssea... And I haven't found any nm in SOA...

Btw can try yo kill those geo IT Mobs to see if the drop scrolls...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-04-02 06:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't vendor prices drop in accordance with your fame in Adoulin?

Or do I have it backwards in which you can sell for higher prices >.>
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-04-02 07:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

On one forum you hear constantly that gil is so easy to make and here we are talking about "omg scrolls are so expensive" which is it?
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-04-02 07:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Eight million was much, but its ok if the spells are useful. As I is Meteor, and thunder V were expensive. Dispil, and a few others were expensive in their day.

I bought all the spells, but am angry at the mp cost of some. 270-370MP for a debuff or buff. Then their are the ara spells. 500-700k and they don't even hit that hard. I cant even tell the difference of them over a good t4 built set.

Granted we don't know spell mods or direction's yet. The way I looked at it was we bought indi spells we got a free heo spell. All we had to do was search for it. So it was two for one.

I am guessing they will have KC30 or similar fights in the future that may drop spells., as ell as maybe one or two quest spells..

The real joke is if you don't bun the job, and but the spells, your spells are super weak as you level. Its not like say a whm regen or rdm refresh what will always have a base impact. You can pay for the spell then only get 1 regen or refresh. What party would really ever invite a geo who is leveling without burning.
By Sakuhra 2013-04-02 07:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Cerberus.Tzaellia said: »

I don't remember them dropping from chest before abyssea... And I haven't found any nm in SOA...

Btw can try yo kill those geo IT Mobs to see if the drop scrolls...
and where are those geo IT mobs?

@Syagin well it was easy to make gil (many even capped gil) with the aby blinkers etc but for new or returning player its not that easy to farm 8M+ for some geo spells...
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-04-02 08:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Try some BCNM or KSNMs. If price is a problem, can try building some fame or wait for the coalition reputation to go up to see if the price changes.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-04-02 09:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
geo needs blm spells too, so if someone never played a mage but wants to play geo, he would have to pay the 8m + buy blm spells, so yes they are WAY to overpriced for a npc price, and since someone talked about cor rolls well you have to buy them from npc only too, but they have "normal" prices and dont sell for 500-700k / roll/scroll lol
I think the prices reflect the theme of this expansion, the whole thing about end-gamers onry expansion, which is why the prices are higher than any other scrolls from older contents.
First Page 2