Plugin Breaks (3-27-2013)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Plugin Breaks (3-27-2013)
Plugin Breaks (3-27-2013)
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2013-03-28 20:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
Silence isn't working for me

It seems to be not working for all WinXP users, me included... Is this your case too? I really hope they fix it :(
By Angelos35 2013-03-28 20:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope they can fix windower 3,4
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-03-28 23:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've downloaded windower4 and only problem ive seen so far is in dualsend, on an older version (then tried a newer one with the same problem after) of dualsend it told me to allowkeyboardmmf_1 which was already done as i checked 4's init text, but anyway, it still wouldnt work.

Is dualsend just still not working in general or am i alone in this problem?
 Cerberus.Aizm
Server: Cerberus
user: Aizm
By Cerberus.Aizm 2013-03-28 23:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
So I've downloaded windower4 and only problem ive seen so far is in dualsend, on an older version of dualsend it told me to allowkeyboardmmf_1 which was already done as i checked 4's init text, but anyway, it still wouldnt work.

Then I updated dualsend and when i try to run that updated version it tells me computer is missing windowerhelper.dll which i cannot find anywhere online.

windowerhelper.dll came in my dualsend folder. There may be a copy of it in your older version of dualsend that you can copy over. I have not tried dualsend since the update though.
By Asterian 2013-03-28 23:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
So I've downloaded windower4 and only problem ive seen so far is in dualsend, on an older version of dualsend it told me to allowkeyboardmmf_1 which was already done as i checked 4's init text, but anyway, it still wouldnt work.

Same issue here.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2013-03-28 23:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Angelos35 said: »

No
Just use windower 4
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-03-29 00:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I just installed Windower 4 and am running on Windows 7.
It's faster and actually fixed XI-Util crashing on me when sandboxing. Logged in four chars faster and without any glitches or problems anyone hesitant like I was please, give it a try~

Thanks for the efforts, Windower team

this. four characters though, any problems with dualsend?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-03-29 00:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what that is, never used anything besides basic windower for the macros

How do you play four chars and not use dualsend?

You can use macros to send commands to other chars. Like I have a macro on one char that tells my other to cure me, or someone else, or follow me, or use ja's, etc. So you rarely have to toggle between screens, and you do basic things so much faster and easier. If you're using a mouse or keyboard you're taking twice as long to do anything and everything.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-03-29 00:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just alt tab, you get used to it after time and can be decently fast.

Still though, Alt tab takes just as long as hitting a macro. Even if you're fast as can be at it. Its an extra step that takes just as long as the initial one. Doubling up (at least...i cant imagine what its like getting them to follow you. Alt tab all 3 extra screens? One macro and you can have 2/3 chars coming at your main instantly while the macro right next to that on the same screen allows them all to be invited and have them join a pt you just made instantly) your time. I'd tell you to check it out. But I don't believe thats possible atm.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-29 06:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All known issues fixes except the <stnpc> issue. Report more if you see them.
installer - all plugins and hook packages
http://forums.window...ower-installer/

hook.dll - for those that know how to just replace that file.
http://forums.window...ile/24-hookdll/

AddToChat and // commands are still broken. This might make it seem like a plugin is broken, it probably isn't.

These are 3.x plugins, not 4.0 plugins. 4.0 plugins automatically update. DO NOT USE THESE WITH 4.0. If you think a plugin is still broken, make sure the plugin version matches the number from this post, or the windower download section

Spellcast 2.48 - new jobs and mob HP fixed.
http://forums.window...le/4-spellcast/

TParty 1.204 - fixed issue with target hp always displaying 0.
http://forums.window...file/62-tparty/

InfoBar 1.12 - mob HP was likely wrong also added new job info
http://forums.window...file/8-infobar/

PetTP - 2.02 - fixed it not working
http://forums.window.../file/48-pettp/

BlinkMeNot - 3.05 - fixed it not working
http://forums.window.../11-blinkmenot/

Autoexec 2.79 - Fixed HP events and job change events for new jobs
http://forums.window...ile/9-autoexec/

StatusTimers 1.12 - fixed issue where newer buffs show IOErr
http://forums.window...32-statustimer/

SSOrganizer - 1.502 - fix bad naming and now supports new jobs in SS name (if you configure it that way)
http://forums.window...63-ssorganizer/

Man the windower team RULESSSSSSSSSSS
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-29 08:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No
Just use windower 4
People keep saying this, but until I know why windower 4 crashes everytime I try to use it I'm going to have to agree with Angelos.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-29 08:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
No Just use windower 4
People keep saying this, but until I know why windower 4 crashes everytime I try to use it I'm going to have to agree with Angelos.

I downloaded 4 and I really like it. But I keep getting random crashes when I use macros and I don't know why because it's never consistent. Crashed on me three times last night. Once using Konzen-Ittai, once using Snake Eye and once using Bolter's Roll.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-03-29 08:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Silence broke here too.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-29 08:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »
No Just use windower 4

I downloaded 4 and I really like it. But I keep getting random crashes when I use macros and I don't know why because it's never consistent. Crashed on me three times last night. Once using Konzen-Ittai, once using Snake Eye and once using Bolter's Roll.
Mine crashes as soon as it tries to boot PoL so I don't even get that far lol. I'm sure the guys are working on it, I just wish I knew what the problem was. Playing a job with no gear swaps is killing me. I want my macro's back -.-
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-29 08:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to bet that a massive portion of the issue is people still using pre-historic plugins/incorrectly coding scripts/spamming commands they shouldn't.

There's no *** reason this group of people should have to update a previous version of their ***. It's bad enough they have to trouble shoot 1 version as it applies to a dozen different OS, with plugins that could literally be 2 years old (I was still using plugins from like... 3.1 before i upgraded), and people who just go IT ARE BORKED without sending them crashlogs.

Windower 4 updates your plugins meaning that realistically everyone should be on the same iteration of a plugin. If it breaks they only have to worry about 1 variable causing it. For every line of decay we reduce their systematic scientific process down, the faster they can fix stuff that breaks or troubleshoot whatever you did to break it.

Lastly: How much did you pay for windower again? What do you think the annual salary is for a windower dev member?
Try saying "Thank you for keeping this ***working for me" and stop being such a xenophobe about new windower because OMG THEY CHANGED THE ICON AND I ARE SCARED!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-29 08:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Silence broke here too.

It could be a silence issue crashing me, come to think of it. Because while my game crashed as I was using Konzen-Ittai, I had just swapped gear, too. And my corsair macros all have gear changes in them.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-29 08:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I'm willing to bet that a massive portion of the issue is people still using pre-historic plugins/incorrectly coding scripts/spamming commands they shouldn't. There's no *** reason this group of people should have to update a previous version of their ***. It's bad enough they have to trouble shoot 1 version as it applies to a dozen different OS, with plugins that could literally be 2 years old (I was still using plugins from like... 3.1 before i upgraded), and people who just go IT ARE BORKED without sending them crashlogs. Windower 4 updates your plugins meaning that realistically everyone should be on the same iteration of a plugin. If it breaks they only have to worry about 1 variable causing it. For every line of decay we reduce their systematic scientific process down, the faster they can fix stuff that breaks or troubleshoot whatever you did to break it. Lastly: How much did you pay for windower again? What do you think the annual salary is for a windower dev member? Try saying "Thank you for keeping this ***working for me" and stop being such a xenophobe about new windower because OMG THEY CHANGED THE ICON AND I ARE SCARED!

Only reason I hadn't updated to 4 yet was that it was still "beta" and I'm always slow to latch onto things that are still being developed like that. But I still kept all my plugins updated.

But as they stated they prefer people start using 4, I did. I actually love it. It's got a better interface and -- for some reason that I'm not entirely clear about -- it even makes my game look slightly better. Also, completely deleted everything from old windower and did a clean install of 4. This crashing problem is new to me and the updated plugins of 4. =(
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2013-03-29 08:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

currently attainment isn't keeping track of dynamis time, it doesnt add time to your count anymore when you enter the zone it seems..
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-03-29 08:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify: i meant w4 version for silence not working here.
PM if you want OS/error log.
Dowloaded it from the start at w4 also, bout 5 times now.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-29 08:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Only reason I hadn't updated to 4 yet was that it was still "beta" and I'm always slow to latch onto things that are still being developed like that. But I still kept all my plugins updated.

But as they stated they prefer people start using 4, I did. I actually love it. It's got a better interface and -- for some reason that I'm not entirely clear about -- it even makes my game look slightly better. Also, completely deleted everything from old windower and did a clean install of 4. This crashing problem is new to me and the updated plugins of 4. =(

That's the thing too. I was hesitant but everyone I'm hearing (people I know anyhow) like it fine once they took the leap. The profile thing was a little intimidating (I kept crashing trying to dual box).

I feel that the windower crew might have saved a bit of headache making a pre-FAQ or something that you had to go through to get to the DL. "This is whats new and might be intimidating for new users". Maybe if today is slow I'll work one up. Seperate profiles for dual box / system requirements (think you at least need .net framework right?) / general setting & plugin explaination..... anything else?

In the end I feel that the dicksmootch who posted the google-ad propaganda because he was too *** stupid to do homework before making accusations did enough paranoia damage to windower 4 release to cause some of this drama.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-29 09:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That's the thing too. I was hesitant but everyone I'm hearing (people I know anyhow) like it fine once they took the leap. The profile thing was a little intimidating (I kept crashing trying to dual box).

I just have a low frustration tolerance. It's a character flaw. Multiple crashes drive me batty, especially because of SE's ridiculous PlayOnline login process. So I avoid things that are in development wherever I can.

Adjusting to 4 has been absolutely fine. It's just the random crashes when I'm actively doing things can be really annoying. I actually have no knowledge of the Google ad propaganda thing to which you're referring.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-29 09:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG, i feel you. We recently were forced to switch to a shitty ***local "cable broker" who literally streams directTV to their basement and then beams it to us. We lose internet once an hour(ish) for like 40 seconds but it's stroke-inducing. If I'm dual boxing at the time, have to log in two characters, and reload a PL utility: I lose my mind.
 Ragnarok.Sakurasama
By Ragnarok.Sakurasama 2013-03-29 09:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok.... Really disliking ver. 4 atm.... I cant get my Macro size off of small now. I cant move any of the timers and now my games res is all messed up, im crashing when I get to where all the plugins load. Anyone able to help?
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2013-03-29 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows xp? me?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-29 09:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sakurasama said: »
ok.... Really disliking ver. 4 atm.... I cant get my Macro size off of small now. I cant move any of the timers and now my games res is all messed up, im crashing when I get to where all the plugins load. Anyone able to help?

Macro size is done through config in-game. Set macro from compact > full size. Res is set before you login (at the initial windower screen). Lower your UI bar back to 1 and don't touch it.

Windower will crash at getting plugin to load screen if you dont use a seperate profile for each instance of FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Sakurasama
By Ragnarok.Sakurasama 2013-03-29 09:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I know its sized in game... hence why im saying its stuck on small... UI is set at 1, Res is the same as before. I just really need to move the recasts.... its covering everything
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-29 09:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Windower will crash at getting plugin to load screen if you dont use a seperate profile for each instance of FFXI.

Was not aware of this. Was running two instances on one profile last night, only crashes came during gameplay, not while loading.

Hmm.