Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-02 21:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Datass said: »
P.S. I recognize this is sub-job dependent. Any numbers you guys can throw me are greatly appreciated. Or just clarifying which equation I ought to be using for the calculation (450-480 or 480-530) would be a big help also. Thanks!

Will be the first one and it's not subjob dependent, /SAM gives you +15 Store TP so just keep that in mind when doing DD gear sets. To be honest, if your going "DD" your going to be /SAM, if your not /SAM your x-hit probably doesn't matter as your in tank mode.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-02 21:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The two equations would return the same value at 480 delay (it's a continuous piecewise function), but you're looking at the wrong formula if there's a breakpoint at 480. The formula on BGwiki's Tactical Points page is up to date. In any event, your base TP/hit is 134.

The answer varies a bit since you won't have the same STP value for WS and you may have additional hits in the mix as well. 50 total (gear+traits) is the absolute minimum you'd need if you wore that fulltime and had no additional hits on WS. Realistically you want to aim a bit higher, and extra isn't a bad thing anyway for reasons I elaborated on in a post further up the previous page.
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-04 03:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite the 2 new wardrobes, I am really not looking forward to making 40 capes for each job I play.

So, I'd like some suggestions on one TP/WS Cape for RUN that can be most useful in more than one situation (for TP and some WS, etc). I'd guess with ACC so that I can get TP easily in apex, I already have blu gear for that so I'm pretty much good to go. I don't need e-penis 25k WSs on run I guess :D

I'm already making one tanking cape with hp, eva/meva and enmity, so I'd like to settle RUN with 2 capes, perhaps 3 if I decide to make a tank/fc cape.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-04 05:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Keaddo said: »
I don't need e-penis 25k WSs on run

Get out.
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-04 07:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I don't need e-penis 25k WSs on run

Get out.

My apologies, I'd like to but I really cannot afford 40 capes on every job :V
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-04 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The universal all in one cape would be either depending on your favorite WS.

STR 20 Atk/Acc 20 DA 10 (Resolution / Vorpal Blade / TP)

DEX 20 Atk/Acc 20 DA 10 (Dimidiation / TP)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 01:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

AmbuSkadi's theme for RUN seems to be "high accuracy defensive TP gear". It's not great for much else aside from hands (great for Dimidiation), but the head and body in particular are solid defensive TP pieces. Feet are junk, legs are okay but not great, I'd favor Herc gloves' higher DT potential.

On to the good stuff.

Ioskeha Belt
DEF:16 Accuracy+12 Haste+7% "Double Attack"+8%

Ioskeha Belt +1
DEF:17 Accuracy+17 Haste+8% "Double Attack"+9%

Chirich Ring
Accuracy+7 "Store TP"+5 "Subtle Blow"+7 "Regen"+1

Chirich Ring +1
Accuracy+10 "Store TP"+6 "Subtle Blow"+10 "Regen"+2

Stikini Ring
MND+5 Magic Accuracy+8 All magic skills +5

Stikini Ring +1
MND+8 Magic Accuracy+11 All magic skills +8 "Refresh"+1

Mache Earring
DEX+5 Accuracy+7 "Double Attack"+1% "Martial Arts"+10

Mache Earring +1
DEX+8 Accuracy+10 "Double Attack"+2% "Martial Arts"+13

There's also this thing, suppose I'll include it for completion's sake...

Staunch Tathlum
Resistance to all status ailments +10 Spellcasting interruption rate -10% Damage taken -2%

Staunch Tathlum +1
Resistance to all status ailments +11 Spellcasting interruption rate -11% Damage taken -3%
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-07-05 01:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Chirich Ring +1 seems absolutely bonkers for high acc TP. RIP ramuh ring +1
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-05 01:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my HQ Ramuh and Leviathan rings are uh... kinda dated now. Ramuh still good for high acc WS at least.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 01:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that really stands out is the ammo piece and the belt. There is a big lack of good defensive ammo's so having something that nice, especially with resistance to status ailments, is a huge upgrade.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-05 01:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Keaddo if you're hurting for inventory space and you want to reduce the number of capes to get on RUN then I'm kinda wondering why are you even bothering for a WS cape?

If you're doing low/mid-tier content or having fun with RUN DD builds, Hybrid Builds or Tanking-accuracy builds it makes a lot of sense to have a Cape for TPing, one for WSing, or one for both etc.
But in high level content you won't be using your WS because 1) You won't be hitting your targets, 2) You don't want to mess up the Skillchains set up by the SCH.

So in light of this, if you wanna get just ONE cape for RUN, why even bother with a WS or TP cape? Just get a tanking cape and put HP or INT in the first slot, Meva/Eva in the second, either Enmity or FC in the third slot, and I'd say more meva for the new 4th slot.
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-05 02:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ioskeha Belt +1 is our best TP Belt if you ask me, word losing the Store TP on Kentarch for.

Mache Earring +1 x2 is okay for Dimidiation. Moonshade and Ishvara might be better still.

Chirich Ring +1 x2 are great for maximum accuracy set.

Staunch Tathlum +1 is best in slot for tanking, nothing even comes close.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-05 08:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Ioskeha Belt +1 is our best TP Belt if you ask me, word losing the Store TP on Kentarch for.

Mache Earring +1 x2 is okay for Dimidiation. Moonshade and Ishvara might be better still.

Chirich Ring +1 x2 are great for maximum accuracy set.

Staunch Tathlum +1 is best in slot for tanking, nothing even comes close.

Don't expect to see the +1's any time soon, it's like the Yetshila +1. 115 craft skill and expensive materials means HQ's will be in the 100M range at least.
 Asura.Keaddo
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-05 13:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Keaddo if you're hurting for inventory space and you want to reduce the number of capes to get on RUN then I'm kinda wondering why are you even bothering for a WS cape?

If you're doing low/mid-tier content or having fun with RUN DD builds, Hybrid Builds or Tanking-accuracy builds it makes a lot of sense to have a Cape for TPing, one for WSing, or one for both etc.
But in high level content you won't be using your WS because 1) You won't be hitting your targets, 2) You don't want to mess up the Skillchains set up by the SCH.

So in light of this, if you wanna get just ONE cape for RUN, why even bother with a WS or TP cape? Just get a tanking cape and put HP or INT in the first slot, Meva/Eva in the second, either Enmity or FC in the third slot, and I'd say more meva for the new 4th slot.

I accept 1 tanking cape with possibly a FC cape, so that's 2 capes there already and I'm fine with that, as they're both useful for high-end tanking, that's a given so no question to ask there.

I additionally wanted one cape for the whole dpsing part of RUN, which, if I want to get 2100 JP, is kind of needed in apex so might aswell get one cape for that, and so I asked for the best cape to cover that side of RUN without having 10 different DPS capes :D

My apologies if I was not clear!

As for the update, tathlum is pretty amazing, opens up some possibilities.

The belt seems really cool, but the whole vagary-materials makes it really annoying to acquire and somewhat limited in availability, even just NQ.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-07-05 17:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I additionally wanted one cape for the whole dpsing part of RUN, which, if I want to get 2100 JP, is kind of needed in apex
Well nobody really cares if you're doing 5k Ground Strikes instead of 3k. Your ability to build TP is the only thing that matters there, so I'd say go for the pure acc option. DEX, Acc/Atk, Acc, and either DA or STP.

I did something similar, made one tank cape and one DPS cape so far. The DPS cape is DEX/Acc/DA, and doubles as my TP and WS cape. I think STP would've been the better choice, pragmatically-speaking, but I chose DA because it would do so much more for my weaponskills without really giving up much on my TP gain.
By fillerbunny9 2016-07-05 17:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I additionally wanted one cape for the whole dpsing part of RUN, which, if I want to get 2100 JP, is kind of needed in apex

if you are CP-ing and not wearing a CP+ cape, you are doing it wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Keaddo
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-07-05 19:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

oshit, LOL.

CP cape! I don't need a cape, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

*runs naked*

I always forget about that ; ;
 Sylph.Ykfan
Server: Sylph
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2016-07-05 21:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Seconded. MEVA FTW
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-12 13:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Informal poll:

When you think of your typical time to WS, do you usually include or exclude the two second delay from a possible prior WS?

edit: on second thought, nevermind. There's already a field that shows cycle time on the setup page, it'd make the most sense to stay in line with that.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-12 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Informal poll:

When you think of your typical time to WS, do you usually include or exclude the two second delay from a possible prior WS?
Do you mean deliberately pausing to potentially make a SC?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-12 14:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the general direction I'm coming from, yeah. I've adding a "minimum time to WS" feature alongside minimum TP for the next spreadsheet release. It better models TP use patterns in situations where the player needs to wait a specific length of time before weaponskilling, such as in party skillchain situations. It'll also complement some skillchain calculations that aren't quite ready for this release, but for now I need to decide whether or not JA delay is counted as part of the user-entered time value since it affects some of the backend calculations involved.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-12 14:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I always try to SC when possible, though unless it's just me and my brother, other people are probably just spamming WSs. In a situation of, say, a BLU spamming CDC, I try to either close or WS immediately after they've closed.
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-17 23:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Further evidence that the Aettir is borderline broken and perfectly capable if not preferable for tanking high-end content.

Besieger's Bane outright resisted.

Parrying rate through 31% Inquartata is also a bit absurd. This is without Battuta as well.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-17 23:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks more like an Occ. Ignores DMG Vorseal proc than 50 magic evasion. Schah is also not very threatening offensively once it's down to just him and the Mantri being held separately. Doesn't surprise me in the least an Aettir RUN can tank it.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-18 00:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Parrying applies to subsequent hits of a multiattack (as in, DA and TA, but not multihit WSs or offhand hits).
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-18 01:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In hindsight I guess that post was a bit boorish.

Cheers for the info follow-ups.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-07-18 09:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Parrying applies to subsequent hits of a multiattack (as in, DA and TA, but not multihit WSs or offhand hits).
Do you have some references/testing for this you could link me to?

It's ancient, but my past experience contradicts this. I seem to recall fighting Gnoles waaay back when on DRG/BLU and getting a double parrying skill up from eating Asuran Claws. Mind this was back when you actually had to proc a parry to get a skill up. So I would have had to have parried 2 hits of a multi-hit ws for that to happen.

Anyway, it's certainly possible things have changed since, or that my recollection is in error, but I'd like some kinda verification before I adjust my understanding of parry mechanics.

Random loosely related aside: I had a similar experience where I got a parry skill up from hitting a gnole. Was super confused till I figured out that I'd parried, and thus prevented, a counter. Neat.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-18 16:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Do you have some references/testing for this you could link me to?

It's ancient, but my past experience contradicts this. I seem to recall fighting Gnoles waaay back when on DRG/BLU and getting a double parrying skill up from eating Asuran Claws. Mind this was back when you actually had to proc a parry to get a skill up. So I would have had to have parried 2 hits of a multi-hit ws for that to happen.

Anyway, it's certainly possible things have changed since, or that my recollection is in error, but I'd like some kinda verification before I adjust my understanding of parry mechanics.
I may have worded it poorly, so allow me to reiterate: Parry check only happens on the first hit of a Double Attack, Triple Attack, etc. Multihit WSs and offhand hits (DW, H2H) have a check for each hit (except for any DAs, TAs, etc in those).

For example, let's say you're charmed or in Ballista, and a THF is there. They take a swing at you from the front, and get TAs on both swings. It's only going to check for parry on the first swing of each hand, and if successful, it will block the 2nd and 3rd hits from that hand. If, instead, the THF used Evisceration, each hit (5 main plus offhand) would have an individual chance for parry, but if TA procs on that first hit, you will parry those extra two hits by parrying the first.

It's not something I've sat down and tested, just that from playing RUN nearly all the time, I've never seen it contradicted (even against charmed THFs). Your Asuran Claws story doesn't contradict it either (which while lucky is hardly impossible). For proof, you can test it out by fighting something that has high multiattack rates, and also test it against something like AA Hume or Albumen which get offhand hits.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-07-18 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, that's better worded. And yes, I have nothing that contradicts that model.

This is also very interesting.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-07-18 17:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Random loosely related aside: I had a similar experience where I got a parry skill up from hitting a gnole. Was super confused till I figured out that I'd parried, and thus prevented, a counter. Neat.
Also loosely related, I noticed when fighting Putraxia as THF that he has phantom Counters.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 188 189 190