Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 188 189 190
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Liam 2022-10-05 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I was using Lustratio before i got r25, but I think it all depends on playstyle. I am usually tanking in a lowman group and opening skillchains/contributing damage, so for me dropping into something with no defensive stats isn't worth the risk. I used to get caught mid ws when fighting a group of w3 for example, and that hasn't happened since I made my ws sets more defensive.

I guess that's even more argument for Caro... extra DEX!

I usually have crooked chaos/bard songs when doing content and was under the impression Fotia is better when attack capped. Again just personal choice but the no tp procs are really nice when you get to dimi > dimi both at 3k tp. grunfeld/caro is most likely the better option for general use.
By Flatliner 2022-10-19 01:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,
I'm trying to put together my RUN sets to do more serious endgame tanking and I'm a bit stuck on my neckpiece. I really like the bonus HP on Unmoving Collar r15. I am curious how others feel it compares to the JSE+1 neck? I'm still quite a ways from having the gil for the JSE+2 neck.

I have DT capped in other slots and I don't really feel the need to swap my neck for other sets. So it seems to basically come down to +155 hp and defense+30 vs 25 MEva and +12 str/mnd. Am I putting too much emphassis on HP or are they pretty even? My current tank set puts me at about 3k HP with Sanctity Necklace.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-19 03:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flatliner said: »
Hey all,
I'm trying to put together my RUN sets to do more serious endgame tanking and I'm a bit stuck on my neckpiece. I really like the bonus HP on Unmoving Collar r15. I am curious how others feel it compares to the JSE+1 neck? I'm still quite a ways from having the gil for the JSE+2 neck.

I have DT capped in other slots and I don't really feel the need to swap my neck for other sets. So it seems to basically come down to +155 hp and defense+30 vs 25 MEva and +12 str/mnd. Am I putting too much emphassis on HP or are they pretty even? My current tank set puts me at about 3k HP with Sanctity Necklace.

A snapshot of your current tank set might help. Also, a couple questions I would pose to you:

Are you mastered; if so how many master levels do you have? Each level is 7 additional HP (as well as the HP from additional subjob levels) and this begins to offset the need for certain HP swaps. I still have to add this to the community guide matter of fact...

The +1 neck is the same DT as a Loricate Torque so you would largely be getting it for the HP/MEva+. The STR/MND don't factor in...

The +2 neck, at least in my opinion, is something you strive for as either a completionist or because it helps shift your build for more creative options.
By Vaerix 2022-10-19 04:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Flatliner said: »
Hey all,

A snapshot of your current tank set might help. Also, a couple questions I would pose to you:

Are you mastered; if so how many master levels do you have? Each level is 7 additional HP (as well as the HP from additional subjob levels) and this begins to offset the need for certain HP swaps. I still have to add this to the community guide matter of fact...

The +1 neck is the same DT as a Loricate Torque so you would largely be getting it for the HP/MEva+. The STR/MND don't factor in...

The +2 neck, at least in my opinion, is something you strive for as either a completionist or because it helps shift your build for more creative options.

Tagging onto this, I second the Loricate opinion. Wings are cheaper than dirt so it's very kind to your pocket book.

As far as JSE+2 neck, imo it was far more useful prior to empy release because it allowed some slots to get freed up for dt that you could put other stuff in like AF body for hp/elemental res. Right now with feet becoming so ridiculous with empy+2/+3 I'm having a hard time seeing the benefit.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 04:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely agree with what Vaerix has said. With the amount of DT we're getting from Empy legs/feet the +2 neck has lost a lot of its value.

Still, -7DT, Meva+30, +10Enmity and +60 HP all in the same slot is... I dunno, I wouldn't call it inconsequential. As much as it's way less relevant because of the reasons we said, it's still quite a very good option.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-19 09:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Without content that requires the +2 neck, i see very little reason to care about it. And i have a hard time coming up with content that could make the case for it.

Lori for defense. Warder's for magic. Unmoving if you truly need that HP (which you could)
By Flatliner 2022-10-19 13:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my current tanking set, it's kind of a mess:
main="Lexeme Blade",
sub="Refined Grip +1",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head="Nyame Helm",
body="Nyame Mail",
hands="Turms Mittens",
legs="Nyame Flanchard",
feet="Erilaz Greaves +1",
neck="Sanctity Necklace",
waist="Flume Belt +1",
left_ear="Eabani Earring",
right_ear="Tuisto Earring",
left_ring="Moonbeam Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's Cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}}

I'm overcapped on DT. I'm looking to swap Erilaz Greaves and Flume Belt for Turms Feet nq and Carrier's Sash. I don't have Sortie unlocked, so I'm going to move things around after I get empy Legs/Feet+2 again.

I am also ml20. My HP in this set is 3008 with /blu
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 14:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another question for RUN tanking, it's about Parrying and more specifically Inquartata.

I'm torn between Empy Feet+3 and Turms+1 Feet.
In terms of defensive stats they're not perfectly equal but they're close.
The big difference here are ResistAll+35, DT-10 and last but not least Enmity+8.

With these awesome stats it's hard to give it up, but Turms+1 feet has Inquartata+5%, that's basically the most powerful Inquartata piece in-game (excluding cape but I'm not sure if Parrying+5% augment is Inquartata or not), so at least for content where Parrying matters, it's hard to give that up.
The point though is: what is your personal opinion on Inquartata?
Do you think it matters or not and why?

It's totally possible to easily cap DT even without Empy+3 feet of course. But losing the Element+35 means you kinda have to use one of AF+3 body, Warder+1 neck, Engraved Belt.
Opinions?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-10-19 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my engaged tanking set of choice: I prefer the extra Inquartata personally.
ItemSet 370098

M40 HP @ 3286. Cape augs: HP +60, mag eva +10, eva/meva +20, enm +10, parry rate +5%

R15 Odnowa Earring +1 or Erilaz +1 both work in the set also
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 17:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that set, it's exactely what I had in mind.
It's 51% DT.

Btw Odnowa+1/Erilaz+1 can work if you have both, not one or the other.
If you happen to have Erilaz+2 you could equip Odnowa+1 in the other slot and then use a different Grip, or use Yamarang in place of Staunch.
Could gain another +2PDT using Gelatinous R15, I suppose.

Out of curiosity Kingkitt, what's your unengaged set?
By tallica 2022-10-19 17:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. I'm pretty sure there are mobs that can't be parried on normal attacks? If so, is there a list?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-10-19 17:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm not sure if Parrying+5% augment is Inquartata or not)
The ambu Parry+ augment is effectively Inquartata.
Link to old *** test.
I'm very amused at how the very next post after that test was from you. Seems likely that you've seen this before. lol. XD
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-10-19 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

tallica said: »
Probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. I'm pretty sure there are mobs that can't be parried on normal attacks? If so, is there a list?
Hmm, anything with purely magical or non-physical melee hits?

AoE or multi hit melee can be parried normally. So thing like Iron clad melee hits, or a Gabrath triple bite should be parriable.

Something like say, Lillith's melee hits, won't be parriable as they are non-physical.

As for a list.. well. good luck finding something like that.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2022-10-26 22:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that set, it's exactely what I had in mind.
It's 51% DT.

Btw Odnowa+1/Erilaz+1 can work if you have both, not one or the other.
If you happen to have Erilaz+2 you could equip Odnowa+1 in the other slot and then use a different Grip, or use Yamarang in place of Staunch.
Could gain another +2PDT using Gelatinous R15, I suppose.

Out of curiosity Kingkitt, what's your unengaged set?

Mostly same set. Swap body for Nyame, Parry Cape for Evasion Cape, and Svelt. Gouriz +1 in waist slot. IF you don't mind losing some dt, can swap ammo to Yamarang. Pretty much maximizing evasion where you can without dropping DT.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-27 04:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple item sets I was looking to build after Empy+3 was finally released would love feedback/input.

ItemSet 387860

So the thought I had was toss on Enemy crit down because it feels like the only hits that really move hp are crits, and also tossed Surcoat into idle to regain mp during pulls. Hand slot is open because I honestly couldn't think of any idle gloves that are essential. Agwu gloves drops 20 Eva for 10 cure received which could be nice. Otherwise could swap to nyame gauntlets and change either neck helm or an ear or 2.

ItemSet 387861

This set is more self explanatory, once we get magic fruit, capping SIRD/PDT and throwing in sroda belt for free near capped (15 shy) cure potency. Requiring the apocalypse earring is a huge downer to me but it seems like the only real way to handle it while keeping pdt and sird capped sans belt (without dropping tp). The set isn't hard cap pdt so refined swap fixes that but I think this is the best we have for now.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-27 05:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also do what other people do.
Use SiRD for Aquaveil and once aquaveil is up you can use whatever precast/midcast set you want for Magic Fruit.
Most likely a mixture of CurePot, CureReceived while tryin to stay DTcapped.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-27 06:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the 10 SIRD in merits then the cape can be Cure Potency + PDT. So you'd be at 45% cure pot. Then if you feel like chasing the dragon, you can get a dark ring out of abyssea with 6pdt + 5 SIRD and technically a 3rd aug to replace the gelatineous. Switch the Halasz for Rondel. I think the magnetic earring has to stay because sird caps at least at 102 if not 103 since it's a 1024 value conversion. Feel free to correct me if anyone knows better.

You'd be down 1 pdt from normal cap, but you'd be at cure potency and wearing an Epeo so you'd still be way over 50 pdt.

If you need more HP from losing the ring, then you can swap the leg aug to path A and if you don't you can get 20 MND for B.

I'd still keep that on a sird toggle and make your normal set for aquaveil. If you differentiate between self cast heals and healing others then you can weave in more healing received for yourself and enmity+ for others.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-27 14:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If you have the 10 SIRD in merits then the cape can be Cure Potency + PDT. So you'd be at 45% cure pot. Then if you feel like chasing the dragon, you can get a dark ring out of abyssea with 6pdt + 5 SIRD and technically a 3rd aug to replace the gelatineous. Switch the Halasz for Rondel. I think the magnetic earring has to stay because sird caps at least at 102 if not 103 since it's a 1024 value conversion. Feel free to correct me if anyone knows better.

You'd be down 1 pdt from normal cap, but you'd be at cure potency and wearing an Epeo so you'd still be way over 50 pdt.

If you need more HP from losing the ring, then you can swap the leg aug to path A and if you don't you can get 20 MND for B.

I'd still keep that on a sird toggle and make your normal set for aquaveil. If you differentiate between self cast heals and healing others then you can weave in more healing received for yourself and enmity+ for others.

I like where this is going. A couple small caveats: Healing Enmity is split if facing multiple targets so that may not be all that helpful. Also, SIRD caps at 102, no need to shoot for higher than that.

Focusing on completing the cast, maintaining high HP and DT, as well as the potency of the cure are more important.
[+]
By Lederic 2022-10-27 17:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
kitt.compson
Mind sharing you other sets that you use?
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-27 19:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Healing Enmity is split if facing multiple targets so that may not be all that helpful.
You know that makes a lot of sense but i did not know that. Ty
By Vaerix 2022-10-28 02:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also do what other people do.
Use SiRD for Aquaveil and once aquaveil is up you can use whatever precast/midcast set you want for Magic Fruit.
Most likely a mixture of CurePot, CureReceived while tryin to stay DTcapped.

Sorry for the late response, this set is more for big pulls where you can't sleep and have to keep enmity, Ala halos in ody farm with things like qutrub, 3 interruptions wouldn't last vs pulls like that so sacrifices are made to keep as many things capped as possible.

Edit: "when would you ever need that?" -> healer gets gibbed because there's spike group damage after Geist and I get stunned or something idk. Just like to be prepared.

In regards to the cure cape that's pretty brilliant, in regards to the ring Aug farming nty. But your heart is in the right place.

This is also more in line with just being a self sufficient tank a lesser paladin if you will, wasn't even considering enmity since if I wanna use heal enmity pld blows everything out of the water with majesty C4. With ridiculous potency/sird/enmity choices.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2022-10-28 04:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions on regen and regen potency gear.

Do Sroda Belt and Sacro Gorget stack (+10% and +20% regen potency)?

Do the two items above and Taeon augmented with regen potency boost regen received by other players? (I'm asking this because only erilaz earring states potency of regen effect received).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-28 04:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Erilaz earring isn't the only one.
There's Morgelai too.

The Taeon augment has to be worn midcast while you are casting Regen and it's gonna boost its power regardless of the target that's gonna receive Regen.
It's a fixed increase of +1-3 per piece, for a maximum of +15 hp/tic if you get max aug on all 5 Taeon pieces.
Not sure it's exactely worth it but it's a subjective thing.
Keep in mind head conflicts with Runeist+3 that increases Regen duration by 27% (duration, not potency)

The augments on Morgelai and Erilaz Earring are different. They boost the potency or Regen effects cast on you if you have those items equipped while you receive the effect.
Doesn't matter if the spell is cast by yourself or someone else as long as you are the target.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-10-28 04:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that doesn't explicitly state "received" is designed for the caster of Regen to be wearing it.

The different pieces do stack. Caster regen and received regen boosts stack together, also.

Sechs beat me to it!
By RiggityWrekd 2022-10-28 05:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the answers.

I thought it was some kind of unclear translation but actually not. Bummer

I guess it's still worth to keep a full regen potency set for when there is no sch in pt? (I use 3 taeon with jse head and legs for duration, sroda, sacro and erilaz)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-28 05:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're that much dedicated into Regen sets I would account for a Morgelai too.

25% potency is no joke, especially if it's applied after the static bonus from Taeon. Nobody knows at this point, I'm afraid, but given that it's "regen received" I bet it's applied at the end of every other regen potency calculation.
Tbf it could be that it's a static HP+25 as well instead of a 25%, wouldn't be the first regen enhancing piece that has this "error". Either way if you time your Regens well the TP loss from swapping weapon won't be a big deal in the end and the final result could be worth it.

If it were me for RUN I would do just 3 Taeon pieces though. Body, legs and feet.
Using Runeist+3 for the head and Regal Gauntlets for the hands.
That way you lose 6Hp/tic potency but you gain ~57% regen duration.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-10-28 05:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jse legs are enhancing magic duration +30% so if you want to swap 1 taeon piece for duration I would swap hands not legs (and not everyone has a pair of regal gauntles laying around lol).

Jse head is +27 sec duration not +27%.

Same with Morgelai, it's confirmed it's +25 flat regen bonus (applied at the end of the formula according to bg wiki) not +25%.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my regen set especially for low man content when sch is not available. It's just a bit sad that I have 5 pieces of equipment (that took some effort and gil to get) that are worth nothing in endgame content when you actually have a sch in pt (and maybe even a well geared whm does a better regen than run).

Morgelai seems nuts (especially because it works when someone else casts regen on you) but unfortunately there is none for sale in my server. Probably will get one in the future because it would make me reach around +100 hp/tic with my own regen.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2022-10-28 05:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I can confirm Morgelai is a fixed addition at the end of the formula - a straight +25 to whatever Regen you'd cast without it. Certainly gives a little extra survivability to some of the harder content.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-28 07:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're that much dedicated into Regen sets I would account for a Morgelai too.

25% potency is no joke, especially if it's applied after the static bonus from Taeon. Nobody knows at this point, I'm afraid, but given that it's "regen received" I bet it's applied at the end of every other regen potency calculation.
Tbf it could be that it's a static HP+25 as well instead of a 25%, wouldn't be the first regen enhancing piece that has this "error". Either way if you time your Regens well the TP loss from swapping weapon won't be a big deal in the end and the final result could be worth it.

If it were me for RUN I would do just 3 Taeon pieces though. Body, legs and feet.
Using Runeist+3 for the head and Regal Gauntlets for the hands.
That way you lose 6Hp/tic potency but you gain ~57% regen duration.

Is early and I'm just waking up but I likely explained how it works on the Morgelai discussion page as I wanted to test what's the maximum Regen V potency Received at the time. Earring is an additional 10~12% depending on which you get.

I may have some notes based on Taeon augments for self-cast Regen IV. Rune can reach the 90+ potency Regen IV if I remember correctly, but I'd want to double check my numbers on that...
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-28 07:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Vaerix said: »

In regards to the cure cape that's pretty brilliant, in regards to the ring Aug farming nty. But your heart is in the right place.

This is also more in line with just being a self sufficient tank a lesser paladin if you will, wasn't even considering enmity since if I wanna use heal enmity pld blows everything out of the water with majesty C4. With ridiculous potency/sird/enmity choices.

I spent a lot of time chasing a ring down when I was doing SIRD sets originally. It's pretty rough. I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want 50 cure pot and I hope everyone gets lucky fast if they do. I think your rationale makes complete sense. If you've taking the time to get the MLs for RUN to be able to use magic fruit, then you're pretty dedicated and you should have a good set to emergency heal when things go sideways.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 183 184 185 ... 188 189 190