Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-19 11:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is JSE sir?

and what is new waist?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-19 11:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not JSE but it's Oh i see what he meant, JSE cape with Spell Interruption Rate (Down) augment

Audumbla Sash
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-19 12:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I see thank you
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-19 12:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Lionheart r15 pretty much shits on all weapons in game regardless of job.
What does this even mean?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-19 12:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think with the new earring we can swap back to jse sir + new waist.
Indeed. incanter's torque, Mimir earring, andoaa earring, and just 1 stikini ring +1 puts you at 473. Allowing for an 80 HP 10%SIR 10%FC cape and Audumbla sash. Which is a 30% base SIR with 5/5 merits. (41% with staunch tathlum +1)

Which also while Taeon can only get up to 3 and Herculean can potentially reach up to 5 (ha dark matter)... Taeon also sports either a 5% FC or a 10% SIR. So potentially up to 81% SIR with perfect 10s on every Taeon piece.

Or 101% with Morgelai.... (Still not worth the money IMO, but others are free to spend that cash when we have Aquaveil natively.)
By geigei 2019-12-19 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Taeon also sports
+25eva with snow.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-19 12:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That too.
By Afania 2019-12-19 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fayona said: »
Afania said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Asura.Xanders said:

AG and r15 Epeo it's by far the superior weapon, and you will get way more out of it. Under most situations it will produce much better numbers that Lionheart anyway. R15 Lionheart was by far the biggest waste of gil i have ever spent, and i r15'd some dumb s**t. Only time you would really use it is capped attack in a zerg, and lets face it in that situation if they are counting on your dmg as RUN to win your already screwed.

This is highly inaccurate, Rune DPS is actually great for a lot of fights such as WoC and Albumen just to name a few. The fact that they can resist debuffs much better than any other dps jobs allows them to keep DPS up while your other dds are getting para, ambesia, etc.

You can resist the debuff from those NM on any DD in full DPS set as long as you buff and debuff properly.

I haven't seen WARs get stunned by WoC for really really long time.

R15 epeo > r15 lionheart IMO.

In Max Buff scenarios, R15 Lion can hit spikes of 65-75k with the average ws being closer to 45-50k. I've never got numbers like that out of Dimi using my Epeo. In the same breath, I'd never think of tanking Wave 3 with my Lion, Epeo is glued to me for that.

When I did my latest Aeonic, I low manned all of Zitah and Ruan, with my Rune as tank and 1 of 2 DD and that stuff just MELTS to reso. We had Non Idris Geo, BRD, WHM (Roll)COR Rune Sam, and did All of Ruan except for WoC like that. Xanders if your Lion isn't doing damage its probably an issue somewhere else, not with the weapon. Like others have said if your getting the same buffs as your DD, Lion is insane at R15.

I didn't say lionheart dmg suck. I only said it's interchangeable with any other DD and they can kill just as fast or just as debuffless.

There are plenty of lowman videos of T4 zerg with war Sam drk etc.

On the other hand no other DD can do what epeo can do, thus it's more unique and more valuable.

I can see epeo out dmg lionheart in low buff situation or tanking in heavy DT set. That's probably what Xanders meant.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-19 23:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Might as well optimize and use Chanter's Shield, as it's the only 119 ilvl shield RUN can use I believe. The extra defense HP and shield skill is small but its a free slot. Plus Deacon Sword has Chance of Successful Block +3 xD
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-20 01:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Lionheart r15 pretty much shits on all weapons in game regardless of job.
What does this even mean?

Only thing I can think is that it's probably the biggest swing in damage from a single weapon. And that may be the case. But I don't think RUN DDing is quite as "OMGWTFBBQ" as it used to be. A lot of jobs with AF/Relic+3 have gotten some solid MEVA and stat upgrades, and RUN only gets tanking stats and maybe some new accessories. So I think the RUN advantage has been heavily reduced. RUN can still be an absolutely amazing DD, but I think it's mostly only notable as a hybrid tank/DD, than as an outright weapon with high MEVA like before.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-20 01:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely agree with Lady. RUN lost part of its charm as a "DD who can resist debuffs thanks to its huge meva".
Part of it, emphasis. The gap has cloesed but it's still there if you ask me.

On fights with capped Att for the whole duration of the fight Lionheart is still pretty amazing even at R1, having an additional 10% damage on Reso is of course a pretty nice icing on the cake.

Granted with the state the game is in and has been for a while already, I'm not sure all these DPS differences matter anymore.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-12-20 03:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DPS differences almost never mattered.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-20 03:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd dare to say at the beginning of the Aeonic race, it was quite important.

Even though I don't feel FFXI has ever been a MMO game heavily focused on DPS-checks, nowhere near as much as most other MMOs are, at least.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-12-20 07:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd dare to say at the beginning of the Aeonic race, it was quite important.

Even though I don't feel FFXI has ever been a MMO game heavily focused on DPS-checks, nowhere near as much as most other MMOs are, at least.

Indeed! I much rather have shitty DD and an OP Whm, than a shitty Whm and OP DD.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-12-24 11:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the tp sets on this guide current?: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Runefencer_Guide

Should I be using an Ioskeha Belt +1 or a windbuffet belt +1 for tp? regardless of acc.

Looking to push dps as far I can with rune for my own curiosity.
/sam, /drk | epo/lion r0

Any input is appreciated,

Thank you!

EDIT: Anyone have a recommended full break set?
Has anyone compared ambu GS vs fullbreak?
By SimonSes 2019-12-24 13:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

Ambu gs effect should be called ignore defense. Its a def down effect on WS and only for WS.

My theory why its called defense down instead of ignore defense, is that it might be additive with other defense down effect. So lets say target has 2000 defense and its debuffed with -50% defense down. Now WS with ignore defense 20% would probably ignore 200 from that 1000 that is left. Now Ambu sword effect of defense down 20% (that 20% is just en example ofc. That % will change with number of debuffs) might actually get that 1000 defense left to 600, because its 20% of base defense, not whats left. Its only a theory tho and I did no tests to check that.
By Pantafernando 2019-12-24 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be a reliable method to test Nandakas added effect?

Bought one to test on ballista but have been lazy to get mules there...
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-12-24 17:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the tp sets on this guide current?: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Community_Runefencer_Guide

Should I be using an Ioskeha Belt +1 or a windbuffet belt +1 for tp? regardless of acc.

Looking to push dps as far I can with rune for my own curiosity.
/sam, /drk | epo/lion r0

Any input is appreciated,

Thank you!

EDIT: Anyone have a recommended full break set?

The sets look pretty accurate. I believe I use Ioskeha and a DA cape myself, but not home to check.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2019-12-24 17:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Windbuffet if you're capping gear haste in other slots. Ioskeha otherwise.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-12-24 18:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Or if you just like consistency. Windbuffet+1 gives only a 4% increased chance of multi-hit, while Ioskeha+1 gives 9%. If you're looking to avoid those 1-swing facepalms, Ioskeha+1 can have a lot of appeal.

If you don't care about avoiding 1-hit turns and only care about average number of hits per turn, then yeah I think Windbuffet is ahead by just a teeny tiny bit. Like small enough that if Ioskeha was +10 instead of +9 I think they should be tied by that measure as well.
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2019-12-25 13:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Hermodr earring find a good place in a tank set? +20Def and +10parry. Replace Genmei?

Also I saw in earlier posts people talking about 75% pdt... doesn't it cap at 50? Is there any situation where going higher would be beneficial?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-25 13:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Trig said: »
Would Hermodr earring find a good place in a tank set? +20Def and +10parry. Replace Genmei?

Also I saw in earlier posts people talking about 75% pdt... doesn't it cap at 50? Is there any situation where going higher would be beneficial?

I'll let someone more versed in parry answer your first question. But in regards to "75% PDT" being mentioned in RUN threads/forums, that's because the Epeolatry has a "25% PDT II" on it, meaning that 25% goes beyond the 50% cap (you were very correct on that regard). Meaning, you get your 50% PDT/DT in gear as on any job, then equipping Epeo gets you beyond that 50% cap.

@purgatory, yeah but that accuracy on Iosheka+1 is so damn attractive...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-25 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hermodr earring?

I entirely missed this item in the list. Looks great for RUN/PLD, good catch!
By Nariont 2019-12-25 13:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Hermodr earring find a good place in a tank set? +20Def and +10parry.

while i cant say just how potent it would be since ive no clue just where runs natural parry rate before inqarta sits, thats +10 skill not +10 parry. meaning it can be anywhere from i think 5% parry to nothing at all
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-25 18:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless there's a typing/translation error and that turns out to be +10% Parry (would be 5% on NMs) instead of +10 skill, then I suspect it would be pretty bad on most situations where it could matter.

(in all other situations you'd probably be gearing up for Hybrid/FullDD anyway)
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-12-25 19:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »

while i cant say just how potent it would be since ive no clue just where runs natural parry rate before inqarta sits, thats +10 skill not +10 parry. meaning it can be anywhere from i think 5% parry to nothing at all
There's a pretty serious lack of verified info on the skill to parry rate ratio, but think I can say with great certainty that 10 skill isn't going to get you anywhere near 5% parry rate. I'd be surprised if it even yielded 1%. And that's assuming that your base parry rate wasn't already below the 5% floor. Which on anything even slightly serious it almost certainly is.
Asura.Sechs said: »
Unless there's a typing/translation error and that turns out to be +10% Parry (would be 5% on NMs) instead of +10 skill, then I suspect it would be pretty bad on most situations where it could matter.

(in all other situations you'd probably be gearing up for Hybrid/FullDD anyway)
There's no way it's a typo/translation error. That entire line of earrings are all actual skill+. There's a guarding+ and shield skill+ earring too. Just skill.

Basically, that earring is garbage.

Also, Inquartata+, and the parry+ augment, are not nerfed vs NMs. See parry test thread. The very first post demonstrates that both are 1:1 Inquartata/Parry aug to parry rate on an NM.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-12-31 00:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any alternatives to Manasa Chasuble in an enhancing set?
By Nariont 2019-12-31 00:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly not, only piece thats enhancing magic related for RUN that im aware of
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-19 10:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Building out /BLU enmity sird set, thirdly HP would be nice
ItemSet 370849

Goal is to maximize enmity and still get to 102% SIRD(using 5/5 merits
SIRD:
--20 legs
--15 neck
--15 hands
--12 ammo
--10 waist
--10 back sird + Enmity 10
--8 ear
--5 ring
--10 merits
105 SIRD

Enmity:
--18 weapon
--15 neck
--10 body
--10 back
--8 head
--7 feet
--5 ring
--5 ear

Enmity 78
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-19 10:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go for BiS enmity and 102 sird aren't you gonna lose like 500 hp on each cast?
First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 188 189 190