Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 188 189 190
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-29 22:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Is there a hybrid tp/tanking set posted somewhere in this mass of pages?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37086/endeavoring-to-awaken-a-guide-to-rune-fencer/144/#3340994

Sets + discussion
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 03:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

After getting Lionheart.. its becoming exceedingly difficult not to use RUN as a DPS in endgame [its really broken].

My need for all different tanking sets decreased overtime and I started to wonder if I should put aside some of the tanking gear to make room for other jobs that are getting upgrades and used more often.

For that reason, I put up this set [Still in progress] to cover most purposes if I'm expected to tank and was wondering if there can be other tweaks to it [Still no Ergon]:

ItemSet 355593

Cape with 45 MEVA.

-55% PDT
-38% MDT
+525 M.Eva.
+45 Resist to All Elements [Extra 10 for Dark, Light]
+32 Resist Status Alignments
+2% Absorb DMG

Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-07-08 07:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Your set is missing Inquartatta, which will mitigate more incoming phys damage.

erilaz leg guards +1, Turms leggings +1 and Turms mittens +1 (cure from parry is actually super helpful) and switching your -DT cape from -DT to Parry would be my recommendation. You'd be gaining a metric ton of meva w/ those swaps, too.

(Extra bonus is that DNC can idle in Turms too) :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-07-08 08:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Arislan, much appreciated :)
By Taint 2018-07-08 09:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I stay away from erilaz unless I’m purposefully trying not to TP the mob.

ItemSet 357828

All my sets keep me in the 2800-3000 hp range in tank mode. To minimize the yo-yo.
By Sockfoot 2018-07-08 11:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
I stay away from erilaz unless I’m purposefully trying not to TP the mob.

ItemSet 357828

All my sets keep me in the 2800-3000 hp range in tank mode. To minimize the yo-yo.
Wut? You only use Erilaz when you are purposefully trying not to TP on an NM? So you are saying that you only use the strongest Inquartata piece - that only works while engaged - while you are not engaged? Did I miss something?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-08 11:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

He would rather have the 65 accuracy from the af1+3 legs, unless his melee swings are a negative, in which case erilaz can reduce the amount that land.

Not that complicated.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2018-07-08 19:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If only words and order had meaning.. not that complicated.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-08 20:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically Taint is advocating for a "RUN DD" approach where the RUN actively tries to build TP and deal damage as opposed to a "Pure Tank" mode where they just focus on enmity. Depends on fight and if the DD is trying to multi-step or not. Empy +1 pants don't have accuracy but do have really good defense stats, AF +3 pants have lots of accuracy and ok defense stats. Would be worth more if NM's didn't half percentile status resistance.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-08 20:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Mensch Strap in a set that cares about accuracy is a weird thing to me.
[+]
 Asura.Rhinna
user: tinytimmy
By Asura.Rhinna 2018-07-16 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a DT/TP hybrid im using atm

ItemSet 360046

Cape augmented with: 20dex,30acc,20atk,10stp,10pdt
Herc Gloves augmented with -4dt
Herc Boots +4ta

-50pdt
-25pdtII
-30mdt
1245acc
49stp
13% triple attack
15% double attack

Used with Epeo so trying to get as much stp as possible since with temper + am3 up you should have more than enough multi attack.
 Odin.Pixter
Server: Odin
user: Pixter
By Odin.Pixter 2018-07-20 09:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me advise on when to use which of the below item?

Futhark Boots +3
VS.
Turms Leggings +1

Much appreciated!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-20 09:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Inquartata +5 (10% parrying rate) is far more potent than the skill on Futhark feet are, since skill caps based on target's level. Inquartata is unaffected by the enemy's level, so it is always a straight bonus to parrying rate, where as parry skill has other dependent factors. I think Turms +1 feet are irreplaceable in a parrying set, unless there's an Inquartata cap I'm not aware of.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-07-20 10:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

While the Turms is better, note that Inquartata gear potency is actually either +1% per +1, or is +2% but nerfed to +1% on NMs.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-29 21:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Meva/Resist Set (2725 HP): Cape augmented with MND +20, eva/meva +20, meva +10, resist to status alignments +10
ItemSet 360309
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-29 21:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the hands are pretty iffy, colossal m.eva drop vs turms in a set that implies the m.eva will have value.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-07-30 02:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally agreed on hands. Similarly, Turms Subligar +1 have 48 more Meva than AF+3, which is surely a better call than resist status +10 from a purely Meva/resist perspective.

Not sure why Moonlight Ring is there either. It's a nice all-around piece, but this is a more niche set where stacking Meva/resist seems more useful than adding a dash of DT/HP/offense. I'd go with either a Vengeful Ring, or one of the two-element +20/status resist rings (Wuji Ring, etc.) if fighting something with particularly nasty moves of a specific element/enfeeble. If you're really concerned about tossing in a little bit of DT in a set that otherwise mostly ignores DT, can't see why you wouldn't go D.Ring over Moonlight.

From the relatively recent resist testing showing halved effectiveness on NMs, I think Sanare Earring beats Hearty Earring in most NM situations too (especially when stacking this much Meva).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-30 06:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Resist Status +X is halved on anything ITG, which is what we're concerned about anyway.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-30 06:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Totally agreed on hands. Similarly, Turms Subligar +1 have 48 more Meva than AF+3, which is surely a better call than resist status +10 from a purely Meva/resist perspective.

Not sure why Moonlight Ring is there either. It's a nice all-around piece, but this is a more niche set where stacking Meva/resist seems more useful than adding a dash of DT/HP/offense. I'd go with either a Vengeful Ring, or one of the two-element +20/status resist rings (Wuji Ring, etc.) if fighting something with particularly nasty moves of a specific element/enfeeble. If you're really concerned about tossing in a little bit of DT in a set that otherwise mostly ignores DT, can't see why you wouldn't go D.Ring over Moonlight.

From the relatively recent resist testing showing halved effectiveness on NMs, I think Sanare Earring beats Hearty Earring in most NM situations too (especially when stacking this much Meva).

Hadn't read anything on recent testing, that could change how i do up this set. This set is strictly for resisting status alignments if no one noticed. My whole thought was barspells, runes, valiance/valliation, and pflug would make the resist + more valuable overall for debuffs. I use a different set for absorb/resist when getting nuked.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-30 09:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not how resistances work.

Flat percentage resistance, which is Tenacity and Resist +X items are a separate function from Magic Evasion. Magic Evasion is where MEVD, Elemental Resistances and Barstatus resistances live and those operate on a 1 resistance = 1 MEVD ratio. A WHM's 230 Barwater would give everyone +230 MEVD against against any roll based on water (Poison / Water magic attacks / Attack Down).

Valiance / Vallation do jack ***for status ailments, they are for reducing magic damage. PFlug is in the "Resist Status X" category though its value doesn't get halved on NMs and doesn't interact with MEVD.

Mathematically, diminishing returns has the exact opposite effect of what your talking about. Having really high MEVD makes Resist +X worth less, same as having really high Resist X makes MEVD worth less. They have the same relationship that different forms of Multi-Attack have with each other. With resist status +X being halved on NM's it's far easier for RUN to stack ridiculous amounts of MEVD which doesn't get reduced.

The +6 Resist X from those hands is actually only +3 on NM's while the large MEVD increase from Turms doesn't get reduced and is far more valuable to reducing status ailments. 2 MEVD = 1% resist rate similar to how accuracy/evasion work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-30 09:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
That's not how resistances work.

Flat percentage resistance, which is Tenacity and Resist +X items are a separate function from Magic Evasion. Magic Evasion is where MEVD, Elemental Resistances and Barstatus resistances live and those operate on a 1 resistance = 1 MEVD ratio. A WHM's 230 Barwater would give everyone +230 MEVD against against any roll based on water (Poison / Water magic attacks / Attack Down).

Valiance / Vallation do jack ***for status ailments, they are for reducing magic damage. PFlug is in the "Resist Status X" category though its value doesn't get halved on NMs and doesn't interact with MEVD.

Mathematically, diminishing returns has the exact opposite effect of what your talking about. Having really high MEVD makes Resist +X worth less, same as having really high Resist X makes MEVD worth less. They have the same relationship that different forms of Multi-Attack have with each other. With resist status +X being halved on NM's it's far easier for RUN to stack ridiculous amounts of MEVD which doesn't get reduced.

The +6 Resist X from those hands is actually only +3 on NM's while the large MEVD increase from Turms doesn't get reduced and is far more valuable to reducing status ailments. 2 MEVD = 1% resist rate similar to how accuracy/evasion work.

I don't do math related ***, i just play and do what generally works for me so thank for the clarification. Much appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-30 11:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Pflug is in the "Resist Status X" category though its value doesn't get halved on NMs
Come to think of it... Has that actually been tested? I mean, so far as I know all the potency info for Pflug came from JP wiki. And I can't think of any actual referenced tests, much less if they were done on NMs or not.

This might be something that needs to be checked. Although the testing is going to be seriously annoying. It's bad enough for resist+ you can full time....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-30 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there was some testing in that resist test thread. The one where they showed the other values being halved.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-30 12:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I'll take a look, but I didn't think Pflug really came up in any detail that thread. I'd be glad to be wrong about that though.

EDIT: Yeah, unless you're referring to a different thread than the one I'm thinking of, a quick search of Pflug in that thread didn't get any results. Perhaps the only mention was misspelled? I'll go over the thread in detail later.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-01 05:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to make a decision over this:

ItemSet 360356

48% FC+ECT in gear
31% SIRD with cape
471 Enhancing Skill
50% Enhancing Duration

I know that I can replace hands with AF3 and Body with Manasa Chasuble to break 500 Skill or just use hands for 490 Skill, but isn't 50% Enhancing Duration more attractive?

Thanks in advance!
By geigei 2018-08-01 05:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Duration over anything imo.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-08-01 07:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On RUN, the only enhancing spells that really benefit from skill are:

- Barspells up to 500,
- Temper potency breaks the 500-cap, so you want as much skill as you can get,
- Phalanx is also variable, but you'll mostly be chasing Phalanx+ instead of skill gains there.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-08-04 11:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all.

I've been using Hepatizon Axe quite a bit recently, so I figured I'd ask what were people's opinions on a RUN Upheaval build?

A bit of context: I mainly play DRK (Anguta) and RUN (Epeolatry and working on Lionheart) these days. Currently 5/5 on Entropy, Resolution, & Requiescat, but with Anguta I have less of a reason to keep Entropy 5/5 so was considering going 4/5 Upheaval.

I realize RUN isn't exactly going to have a ton of VIT+ gear but it's been at the very least an enticing thought if just for the purpose of utility. (and random shenanigans)

Thoughts?
By geigei 2018-08-04 11:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
RUN Upheaval build?
No.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-08-04 11:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply