Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 188 189 190
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-15 17:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How much STP is required for /sam & /drk, to maintain 5-hit?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-03-15 17:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
How much STP is required for /sam & /drk, to maintain 5-hit?

This depends on the amount of STP you have in your WS gear.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-03-15 17:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

10 from Lionheart, 5 from Sherida, 7 from Adhemar Wristbands +1, for a total of 22. I wear Meghanada Chausses +2, though I could swap to Samnuha for an extra 7 STP.
By tyalangan 2018-03-19 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking for clarification:

On items like Staunch Tathlum +1 (res. all status ail. +11) and Runeist's Coat +3 (res. all element +39) this is just 11 meva towards status ailments and 39 meva towards elements, correct?

So, (considering all other stats equal) having +11 and +39 meva would be better than these res. all stats, correct?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-19 14:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Resist all elements is basically straight up magic evasion. the only difference being that it shows in the elemental resistance values in your menu.

The 'resist all status effects' on Staunch tathlum is like resist traits. I.E. resist para, etc, except it's supposed to apply to all status effects. The key point here being that resist traits are a percent chance to prevent status(they can also reduce duration.) So this is something that can have an effect even if your magic evasion is floored towards the enemy.
[+]
By tyalangan 2018-03-19 14:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so the Tathlum would be 11% resist ailment and the Coat would just add 39 meva. I'm oversimplifying but understand your post. Thanks!
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-19 15:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think resist traits (and this resist gear) have ever been tested to impact duration, have they? I'm pretty sure they're just flat chances to fully resist.

For example, I solo Strophadia a lot and if she catches me in my normal sets, it gives the full amnesia duration (50-60 seconds) 99.9% of the time. However, if I'm in my resist status set (16%), it suddenly starts fully resisting occasionally, while partial durations are still incredibly rare.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-19 15:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Okay, so the Tathlum would be 11% resist ailment and the Coat would just add 39 meva. I'm oversimplifying but understand your post. Thanks!

Can someone share the source for this conversion, that it is a straight percentage increase resistance to status ailments? I had this conversation some time ago that + "status ailments" or resist +#" was a straight percent value, but others said it was not a static percentage value and was something much less consistent. I don't want to be dogmatic about it.

Always thought Behemoth Costume resist stun +90 was actually 90%, but I never did any extensive testing with it. Happened to do Ramuh fight with body/arete+1 (which puts me over 100%) and I didn't get stunned. Could have been magic evasion related, but that's something I'd like a link or answer to, if we have found it.

if it's a straight percent increase, as mentioned, this would give RUN a straight 32% max (gear only) resistance to all status ailments, before runes, tenacity, or pflug. Upwards of 77% resist rate if all sources are additive.

is this correct?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-19 16:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I don't think resist traits (and this resist gear) have ever been tested to impact duration, have they? I'm pretty sure they're just flat chances to fully resist.

For example, I solo Strophadia a lot and if she catches me in my normal sets, it gives the full amnesia duration (50-60 seconds) 99.9% of the time. However, if I'm in my resist status set (16%), it suddenly starts fully resisting occasionally, while partial durations are still incredibly rare.
Hmmm. Thinking on it I may just be under the impression that resist traits can affect duration. At the very least, I can't recall a source for that particular tidbit.

If you want something anecdotal, I seem to recall Founder's greaves having a pretty significant effect on Absolute terror even when it did land. However that's not something I recorded as a test sample, and remains a mere impression. That said, terror and resist terror are... kinda weird compared to most statuses, so perhaps the anecdote doesn't apply to other statuses.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
tyalangan said: »

Can someone share the source for this conversion, that it is a straight percentage increase resistance to status ailments? I had this conversation some time ago that + "status ailments" or resist +#" was a straight percent value, but others said it was not a static percentage value and was something much less consistent. I don't want to be dogmatic about it.

Always thought Behemoth Costume resist stun +90 was actually 90%, but I never did any extensive testing with it. Happened to do Ramuh fight with body/arete+1 (which puts me over 100%) and I didn't get stunned. Could have been magic evasion related, but that's something I'd like a link or answer to, if we have found it.

if it's a straight percent increase, as mentioned, this would give RUN a straight 32% max (gear only) resistance to all status ailments, before runes, tenacity, or pflug. Upwards of 77% resist rate if all sources are additive.

is this correct?
The bit at the end there is the key point. Because we Don't know that they are additive.

Most resist+ testing was done in regards to the actual job traits, or a single piece of equipment without the interference of traits or other gear. If anyone has done sufficient testing to indicate how multiple sources of these effects stack, I have not seen it.

EDIT: Looking back I realize I never addressed the initial question. How do we know that +x is +x%. And while I haven't been looking for long, so far I'm not finding much in the way of testing. It may well be a long held assumption.

If you're curious I encourage you to do some testing! Should you decide to do so, feel free to consult about test methods etc.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-19 16:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolute Terror naturally has a duration that randomly varies between 10 to 60 seconds, regardless of MEVA and Resist traits.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-19 16:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I'm inclined to disagree with that statement. But I don't actually have data on hand to refute it. I've done a number of Terror related tests using Absolute terror, but I can't recall if I ever recorded the range of durations.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-19 16:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
EDIT: Looking back I realize I never addressed the initial question. How do we know that +x is +x%. And while I haven't been looking for long, so far I'm not finding much in the way of testing. It may well be a long held assumption.

If you're curious I encourage you to do some testing! Should you decide to do so, feel free to consult about test methods etc.

How do you propose I test something like this. I'm thinking something like Stun would be easiest to test since it's fast and naturally has a high land rate. Onca Suit is +90, Anu neck is +10 Resist Stun. Arete del Luna/+1 is Resist Stun +15/+20 respectively. Tantalic is +15. Could throw in food for a bit more.
It wouldn't be hard to mix and match gear to see the increase; could easily test +15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50/54 (with a couerl sub)/60 and +90 resist values, just from the items mentioned above.

I guess the real question is, where would I run these tests? Pop Sovreign Behemoth and survive every stun he uses (onca+anu = 100)? If it lands even once, then that theory is out the window, unless the resist+ values have caps per enemy. Which looks to be another headache of a test. Assuming I could stay alive that long. It would have to be a script or something with 1000 casts or so to get some hard numbers, and then change gear accordingly. Not sure there's a scenario like that that exists or I wouldn't time out on.

We can't use ballista to test status ailments, since there is a native resistance bonus to status ailments players receive in any ballista/brenner. So I guess I'm a bit stumped on how to test this. Sang Buaya Reis t1 while august tanks?

edit: just saw this regarding sang

Quote:
Casts AoE Stun every 10 seconds or so, can be silenced.
Stun is reactionary. Casts in response to damage (from behind?) on the offending player, if not busy.

Would probably be the better option, would need to remove vorseals too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-19 16:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. I'm inclined to disagree with that statement. But I don't actually have data on hand to refute it. I've done a number of Terror related tests using Absolute terror, but I can't recall if I ever recorded the range of durations.

There are ranges on AT for sure. I do a lot of SR, and PUG crap BLUs who barely have a macc set will use it on bosses like Ingrid and it will be off in what appears to be seconds. When I use my macc set, she dies before she awakens. That'd be an easy test with that scenario alone.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-19 17:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The BLU version and the monster version are totally different and should not be compared. That said, I've done my own testing with terror and a 10-60 second random variation would line up with what I've seen as well.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-19 17:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are ranges on AT for sure. I do a lot of SR, and PUG crap BLUs who barely have a macc set will use it on bosses like Ingrid and it will be off in what appears to be seconds. When I use my macc set, she dies before she awakens. That'd be an easy test with that scenario alone.
The issue I have here is the assumption that the Blue magic spell functions the same as the monster ability. This is frequently not the case.

I do agree with Asura.Geriond in that Absolute Terror(when used by monsters) does not have a macc/meva check. Back when I was trying to figure out what element terror was I tried out a lot of stuff on the Nauls in abyssea tahrongi. I never managed to get a full resist without sagasinger or Founder's greaves. When various combinations of barspells, and carol(SV'd), ele resist+ gear, a so on didn't neet any resists, I tried Bolster Vex/attunement with an idirs GEO, and the highes meva gear I could get, just to see if a resist could even happen. And it never did. Against a lvl 75 mob(should have been 75 out of the 75-90 range since no one was killing them.) That big of a level gap, and extreme buffs, back when vex/attunement were still broken as hell, and no resists. Doesn't have a macc check.

Will do a second post in regards to test methods.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-19 18:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you propose I test something like this. I'm thinking something like Stun would be easiest to test since it's fast and naturally has a high land rate. Onca Suit is +90, Anu neck is +10 Resist Stun. Arete del Luna/+1 is Resist Stun +15/+20 respectively. Tantalic is +15. Could throw in food for a bit more.
It wouldn't be hard to mix and match gear to see the increase; could easily test +15/20/25/30/35/40/45/50/54 (with a couerl sub)/60 and +90 resist values, just from the items mentioned above.

I guess the real question is, where would I run these tests? Pop Sovreign Behemoth and survive every stun he uses (onca+anu = 100)? If it lands even once, then that theory is out the window, unless the resist+ values have caps per enemy. Which looks to be another headache of a test. Assuming I could stay alive that long. It would have to be a script or something with 1000 casts or so to get some hard numbers, and then change gear accordingly. Not sure there's a scenario like that that exists or I wouldn't time out on.

We can't use ballista to test status ailments, since there is a native resistance bonus to status ailments players receive in any ballista/brenner. So I guess I'm a bit stumped on how to test this. Sang Buaya Reis t1 while august tanks?

edit: just saw this regarding sang

Quote:
Casts AoE Stun every 10 seconds or so, can be silenced.
Stun is reactionary. Casts in response to damage (from behind?) on the offending player, if not busy.

Would probably be the better option, would need to remove vorseals too.
Every 10 seconds is extremely high frequency compared to most monsters debuff tendencies, so that part should be really helpful. Probably not too much worry about trusts killing the mob either. Might need multiple tanks though, to deal with the hate reset on Awful Eye.

It sounds like you'd be able to gather samples at various levels of resist stun+ reasonably quickly. With the main issue being the fight timer and the need to repop every time it runs out. Doesn't allow for fully afk data collection. But with tank trusts+WHM trusts(just nothing that silences..) should pretty much be able to AFK each fight till repop.

Sang Buaya also uses Heavy Bellow. Another AoE stun. Should be interesting to see if the resist rates vary between the spell and the WS... Although this will add a bit of work in terms of data analysis, I think. Depends on the data collection method... Does Kparser even still work? I've just been using logger to record logs for most of these tests, then using the find and count functions in notepadd++ to total stuff up.(Note, battlemod can make the logs do odd stuff sometimes, so if you're using logger to record data you might unload battlemod.)

I think I'd like more than just stun to be tested at some point though. Stun is kinda weird, what with the multiple resist states and such. No idea if resist+ trait/gear are affected by that though.

Anyway, it seems like a pretty solid start.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-20 05:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to barge in into the Terror discussion, but is Absolute Terror special?
Because I got the impression you can get partial resist (lower duration) procs on many other Terror moves, but then again it might just be personal bias.

So, is it Absolute Terror that's special, or does the no-meva-check thing apply to all sources of terror in-game?
I'm talking about Monster terror of course, not players one
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-20 06:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sorry to barge in into the Terror discussion, but is Absolute Terror special?
Because I got the impression you can get partial resist (lower duration) procs on many other Terror moves, but then again it might just be personal bias.

So, is it Absolute Terror that's special, or does the no-meva-check thing apply to all sources of terror in-game?
I'm talking about Monster terror of course, not players one

Yes AT isn't the same as other terror's like off Hypogriffs and such, it's some sort of all powerful "your ***" move.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-20 06:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The effect is absolute.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-20 11:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
The effect is absolute.

We need to be steadfast in our attempts to resist it.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-03-20 11:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
The effect is absolute.
Good guy SE trying to tell us all along that resistance is futile
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-20 18:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Brief follow up to Sang Buaya stun resist ad hoc test

body: onca suit
ear1: arete del luna +1

thats Resist Stun +110

If +x = +1%, that would be at least 100% resist stun rate. First few stuns I resisted no problem. As fight progressed I periodically resisted Stun and Heavy bellow. using logger so I can record some hard numbers (long fight). But at this point so far, can't be a flat 1:1 ratio
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-20 19:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

19 total stuns casted, between Heavy Bellow and Stun
Used logger to capture everything, then ran excel text to columns to cut off timestamp
then did a find of anything with "stun", "resist" or "evades"

Took off battlemod after first stun, so one message is showing in that format

Total times stunned: 11
Total resists: 8

Not a big sample size by any means. I didn't even take off vorseals, certainly they are helping my resist rate at the very least. But at least for stun, x != % flat number. Perhaps there's a correlation to the monster's INT and my resist/INT rate, and the gear caps based on your current INT.

If you can think of another monster that spammy spams a debuff, I can try that one.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2018-03-20 20:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like resist +X is in 256ths.
110/256 = 0.429
8/19 = 0.421
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-03-21 01:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 355625

Acquired an Ashera tonight, this is my new and updated PDT Set.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2018-03-21 01:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
ItemSet 355625

Grats! Post pic of the model look?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-03-21 05:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like the campaign body, nothing unique
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-21 05:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
looks like the campaign body, nothing unique
Fourth Division Brunne for anyone wondering
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-21 05:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Looks like resist +X is in 256ths.
110/256 = 0.429
8/19 = 0.421
This would actually be awesome if it's the case SE giving us true values off ***but it's so different then the norm it would of been nice if it's the case to actually clue us the *** in they were going to start doing that....
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-03-21 06:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
ItemSet 355625

So you're the reason it didn't drop for me last night...
First Page 2 3 ... 136 137 138 ... 188 189 190