Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 188 189 190
By Afania 2018-02-27 08:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Last Resort is another +15% attack.

Speaking of which......How much attack does it increase as sub exactly? bg-wiki says 25%, clopedia says 15%, did SE adjust the value at some point?

I used 25% in calculation, btw. Same as bg-wiki values if that's incorrect.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-27 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure it’s 25% for sub as well just like berserk
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-27 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Last Resort is another +15% attack.

Speaking of which......How much attack does it increase as sub exactly? bg-wiki says 25%, clopedia says 15%, did SE adjust the value at some point?

I used 25% in calculation, btw. Same as bg-wiki values if that's incorrect.

Let me check, SE updated it but I'm pretty sure it was +15% Attack for 30s with Merits raising it to 25% attack and +25% JA Haste back at 75. SE later updated LR and Berserk to increase potency with level but that is before the bonus from Merits.

Before the potency increase

https://www.bg-wiki.com/index.php?title=Last_Resort&oldid=230621

Guess someone can try /DRK and see how much attack Last Restort adds.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46976-May-14-2015-(JST)-Version-Update

Looks like a straight +25%/-25% without respect to levels.
By geigei 2018-02-27 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested now, 25%.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-02-27 12:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've used primarily /drk for all content.. Tried /sam a little assuming I was going to be attack capped, didn't like it.. The WS damage even just from smite was substantial, and with the dps loss my lazy style of holding hate by being OP dps was lost. Losing the JA haste from LR is noticeable but you always open with LR on any omen boss / T4(Can even Super revit it back so maintains full LR) and even without LR the smite is potent.

The -25% Def hasn't been an issue on any monster in the game yet(WoC T4s etc), I do eat Miso +1 for the meva and slight counter to -def however. If something has enough unsleepable adds or a particular reason why the -25% would just be insane, i'm probably on /blu and turtling up anyways.

Beyond just the damage potential you have a 2nd Flash with Stun, and enmity spike from souleater etc. During stuff like Omen specifically, Poisonga > JA/Foil is amazing for fast AoE pulling and easy Geo bubble activating.

If I'm not getting melee buffs then I don't even want to DPS and just /blu to be invincible but imo /drk is way more fun than /sam.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-27 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference really comes down to what support your getting, if your under buffed then /DRK is going to shine, /SAM is for when your rocking Super BRD + COR + GEO buffs with appropriate debuffs and just rocking it.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-02-27 12:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's why I assumed I was going to be attack capped, but still wasn't a fan, then the filler T2s/3s in between were really annoying.. felt like without SV or bolster it was garbage.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-02-27 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My usual set up is Chaos Sam, Honor Mad Mad w/e Carols were needed / Scherzo, Fury and Frailty. Dia III etc so I just assumed that was attack capped. With the revit you have full timed Last Resort anyways since you gonna pop it for 2nd Battuta and stuff for the big fights. So it should be capping haste unlike sam full time even if the attack is capped... so just missing out on slight stp?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-27 14:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 15 Store TP, both during the WS and during TP phase. The first part is very important because higher TP return on WS enables less STP needed during TP phase, meaning more Multi-Attack can be worn for faster cycle times. It also helps in that extra TP just push's Resolution's damage higher. /DRK offers a ***ton of attack and a small (1.4%) haste bonus. The extra WS speed / WS damage from /SAM will win unless your suffering in the attack category, which RUN often does because Resolution has 15% attack penalty and RUN has no native attack bonus's.

Also you mentioned a song setup that doesn't seem right, Honor March is only 15.5~17% haste (162/174), under Marcato that's not enough to cap you with Haste (150). You need to add a second march, get Haste II or get Mighty Guard to cap.

256/1024 (gear)

150/1024 (Haste spell)
243/1024 = 162 * 1.5 (Marcato HM), 261/1024 for +1 Whistle bard
100 (Hasso)
749/1024 = 73.1%

If you SV you can cap magic haste using just HM and Haste spell, but I seriously doubt your fighting T2~3's with Soul Voice songs.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2018-02-27 15:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I did mention Dia III though which Haste II comes along with, but yeah without SV or haste II we would adjust and use 2 marches of course. Also as Run I'm not playing it solely as DD I'm tanking, and its hard to factor in the TP from all the parries/hits taken so I am not overly concerned with adjusting my gear to reach an xhit (obviously as much stp as you can get is great for overflow on Resolution). Depending on situation a lot of the time i'm in hybrid gear for tp moves etc, also rare but if something outlives Bolster I think that attack would be desirable.

I am curious how far ahead /sam pulls during the prime attack capped situation compared to the flexibility of /drk. Would be far harder to stay attack capped on Run than pretty much any DD. Read a page back someone had posted /sam for everything and just didn't sit right with me.
By Taint 2018-02-27 15:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

/sam's casting penalty is really annoying on RUN to me. I find tanking /sam to pretty annoying in general.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-02-27 15:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry to change the subject but is this a good set for Resolution?

ItemSet 357082
By clearlyamule 2018-02-27 15:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
/sam's casting penalty is really annoying on RUN to me. I find tanking /sam to pretty annoying in general.
As much time as we spend casting and using jas as is I almost welcome doing a tiny bit less
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-27 16:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Yeah /SAM is for purely DD with no "tanking" happening, /DRK is the happy medium which turns out to be really good when not super buffed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 16:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing about the /sam vs /drk argument that swings the pendulum more in drk sub favor. It can simply do more. /SAM is just for pure DD and you have to have in mind your incoming buff support. /DRK can swap between both tanking, hate spike grabbing, and still shell out some decent DPS.

For bosses like Ou, Gin, Kin, or even Kyou where you kind of need to inhibit your hate occasionally, and then spike it soon after, DRK sub comes in handy for that purpose. Even mass hate crowd control tricks like poisonga > foil (my personal favorite) is great for pulling in Omen or even dynamis. There's just too much versatility in /drk to not consider using it the majority of the time.
[+]
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-02-27 21:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »

ItemSet 357082

Anybody has a better Set?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 23:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick upgrades:
Samnuha Tights (maxed)
HQ abj head, body, feet
If not HQ body, can do HQ adhemar body
Regal Ring

There's no indication on what your herc augments are, but those are the quick changes you can make assuming they aren't gdlk dm stuff
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-27 23:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

should've specified abjuration: lustratio +1
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2018-02-28 00:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 357082

This is what I currently use.
ItemSet 357087

However, it was reported a couple of pages ago that this would be "BiS" (acc/atk capped).
ItemSet 357088
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-28 00:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the worst thing about sherida and moonshade is they both belong on the right
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 00:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
the worst thing about sherida and moonshade is they both belong on the right

"Rajas ring on the right".
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-28 00:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
However, it was reported a couple of pages ago that this would be "BiS".
that's also assuming capped acc/atk, hence the quotations.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2018-02-28 03:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

With capped att/acc you'd definitely want Herc vest, Herc hands (Both STR+15 TA+3) and Seething bomblet +1 in there
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-02-28 09:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

ItemSet 357082

This is what I currently use.
ItemSet 357087

However, it was reported a couple of pages ago that this would be "BiS".
ItemSet 357088

Thank you for posting the Sets.

Unable to get the HQ (due to gil issues, however, you also forgot to post which Path to do on each Abj.)

Does NQ work?

and an Alternative for Regal Ring be?

Trying to make it the best I can until I can Fund/Achieve the HQ Armor and Ring.

Thanks in Advance for all this help/info!!!

P.S. what is usually the DMG I am aiming for?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-28 10:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
With capped att/acc you'd definitely want Herc vest, Herc hands (Both STR+15 TA+3) and Seething bomblet +1 in there
nah
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 10:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit Ring+1 is an option Kuro. Or Shukuyu is fine for now, since Resolution is attack penalized.

YMMV, damage-wise, of course based on your buffs. If you have a Lionheart, you should have no problem pumping out 15-40k+ Resos depending on buff support and your sub choice.

I'm not sure NQ lustratio works, I assume it can.
[+]
By Taint 2018-02-28 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 357087

Using this set as well.

What are everyone’s first acc swaps?

I was thinking AF+3 head and seething+1. Huge pick up with regal
Bonus and adhemar Head having zero acc.
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-02-28 11:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any tips anyone can provide me for farming the Fotia Gorget and Belt? Im starting this tonight, it seems fairly straight forward, farming NM's and mats, but figured Id ask incase.
By TinyAttorney 2018-02-28 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally for Lustratio augments you want Path A. For the Leggings, Path D provides more STR and some DEX to help a little with accuracy, but you lose the attack and DA from Path A.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-28 12:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dagget said: »
Is there any tips anyone can provide me for farming the Fotia Gorget and Belt? Im starting this tonight, it seems fairly straight forward, farming NM's and mats, but figured Id ask incase.

Gorgets: Om-monsters have a better drop rate than Ul versions. You can get there by taking the Apollyon warp from Port Jeuno Sangheeta, or the crystal ports. It's pretty easy if you're coming as THF, since you can also use Despoil to steal organs as well.

On a side point, bring Nanaa Mihgo with you, since she uses Despoil and can grab Phuabo organs (which go directly in your inventory if successful). This ability is on a 5min timer, so you can cheese it by dismissing her and then recalling her to reset her timers, for more Despoils. I'd only recommend her on Phuabos, since she might despoil Luminian Tissues or garbage from something else.

Belts: Nothing special about it. Kill the boss in abyssea, get the belt. Think its 100%

SN - they should allow synergy with the sachets for absorb any element ammo. JMO

GL
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 188 189 190