Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-07 10:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen all SR perf items (most of which multiple times, Fanatic Gloves over 14 times!) but not a single perf Samnuha Coat, Samnuha Tights or Taming Sari :'(
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-07 10:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that's rough. I've gotten a lot of perfect augs, basically everything except the Tam. It's easier to swallow not having a Tam when you've got nice Tights. Hope they drop for you soon!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-07 10:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing with SR is that you can't functionally farm ~ONE~ SR item, it's too random. Instead you need to spam it hundreds of time and end up collecting all the items with perfect augments.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-07 10:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me the better part of 2 years to get ONE perfect Malevolence. Sinister Reign is probably one of the meanest things SE has introduced to their game and NOT altered. I wish, at this point in the life of the game, they would have made some adjustments (ability to "earn" picking your 3 mobs, or collect items ala pulse armor/weapons from VW to get a max version after xx number of items, something!) to SR.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-07 11:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, no Tam here, either.
I'm also surprised they never adjusted it. With the speed at which we can destroy the content, it would be nice to have something like NNI where we could just keep going and kill all of them each run.
Oh well.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-07 11:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

SR is the worst augment system after evoliths. I've actually never gotten within even 1 of perfect on anything including pieces I don't want. Think I got 3 tights last night that were all just 1-3 str that's it. Worst is when you get the same enemy you don't want 6 times in a row...
By Brynach 2017-12-07 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Id love to see a "battle royale"-type SR. Fight all 9 at once.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-07 11:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They need a SR campaign where the odds of getting a capped item are much higher.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-12-07 11:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Yeah, no Tam here, either.
I'm also surprised they never adjusted it. With the speed at which we can destroy the content, it would be nice to have something like NNI where we could just keep going and kill all of them each run.
Oh well.

This is a fantastic idea. Legion style. The ordered trios are maintained and reset every three kills, keep killing until you run out of time, forced group exit when you're confident you won't have enough time to continue. "Balance" things by forfeiting all drops in the event of an irreconcilable wipe, maybe curtail the battlefield timer a bit as well.

pls SE
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2017-12-07 11:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Brynach said: »
Id love to see a "battle royale"-type SR. Fight all 9 at once.

Tartarian Might!

They did actually change SR some time ago. The augments used to be even more terrible on average, but SE increased the likelihood of getting good/perfect augments. Not that it's helped massively...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 11:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
They need a SR campaign where the odds of getting a capped item are much higher.

This makes so much sense.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't expanded on SR since it could provide new content with minimal development effort. Arena area, take 9 (or some other number) of random mobs, set them up in tiers/order, let people grind away. There are so many sets of cool mobs to fight, just scale them for ilevel, create some drops, and voila - new content. Ground/ToAU kings, wyrm HNMs, beastmen leaders, Naakauls, etc...

But yeah, the augment system is a bit painful. I had really good luck when I first started. I think I got capped Dampening Tam on my very first win (please don't kill me), then got some other capped stuff fairly quickly (GK and H2H I think) - I thought it was actually easy to get max augments. Then reality set in, big time. Now my LS mates remind me how foolish I was every time we go near SR.

Eventually got max augments on several items I wanted, but hundreds of runs later I'm still lacking a perfect Sari (have two JUST under perfect), Ochu, Samnuha Coat... Malevolence was also a huge pain for me (currently 1 perfect, 1 just below perfect), but at least if people are after the item from first round NM, you COULD just warp out and redo if you don't get that NM. Did that a bit for people after Malevolences and Tams, no Ingrid no go...
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-07 11:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Malobra is an anagram of RL Obama. Anytime we go and don't get anything good, we all say "Thanks, RL Obama".

/cheers Richybear
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-07 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love the ability to convert non-perfect drops to pulse items, then after you get 25 or so, trade them to Balamor (yeah Malobra) along with a bayld amount, and boom - capped augs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-07 17:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

List of perf drops I saw, enjoy!

Wave1

Wave 2

Wave 3

And that's all folks!
I really wonder at the crazy distribution of Fanatic Gloves, Koresuke and Enticer's Pants... really wtf?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-12-07 17:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahaha those f'ing SMN pants... I keep a capped pair in my Mog Safe purely out of spite, I have zero intention to ever play SMN on that character. I just accept the inventory-1 as a reminder that FFXI is a cruel game.

But yeah, no perfect daggers or katanas (which I'd like) for me. Lots and lots of Enticer's Pants.
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-07 18:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thrown SO. MANY. Fanatic's Gloves with perfect augs. at Malobra's feet it is not even funny.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-12-07 18:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I also got approximately 10 billion capped Enticer's pants to my 1 capped Taming Sari.
By Boshi 2017-12-07 23:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So.many.enticers.pants.
 Ragnarok.Camlann
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-12-07 23:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can trade unwanted armor for 0.6 copper vouchers at NPC. Good way to stock up on vouchers.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-07 23:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Next ilvl121 REMA upgrade will need 10k vouchers.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-12-08 12:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »
Next ilvl121 REMA upgrade will need 10k vouchers.

#fakenews
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-09 09:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

if any non taru want to share hp mp and base stats with no gear, i should have some time to work on run simulator. it will be great sword only for awhile though
By Celther 2017-12-09 12:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hume (All Merits aside from CHR maxed)
RUN99/DRK49
HP: 2049
MP: 809
STR: 107
DEX: 101
VIT: 98
AGI: 104
INT: 101
MND: 95
CHR: 74

RUN99/BLU49
HP: 2014
MP: 859
STR: 101
DEX: 98
VIT: 95
AGI: 103
INT: 98
MND: 98
CHR: 77

Quick side note, while there's no active crazy conversation this time. Anyone have a RUN spreadsheet that's up-to-dateish? Can't seem to find one anywhere
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-10 15:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to redo some of the RUN DD gears since I haven't play DD RUN for long time and I kinda miss it. What's everyones opinion on spreading resources on TP/WS set for those who can't afford 2 sets of adhemar HQ nor lustra HQ?

TP-QA
ItemSet 355230
Herculean body and feet augments: QA +3, some acc and attack.
Herculean hands augment: QA+3, STP +2
Back: Dex, attack/acc, STP +10

Cessance to brutal with Sam roll.
Should have 5 hit /drk without Sam roll, unless I calculate something wrong.

Resolution Attack uncapped:
ItemSet 355232
Adhemar head, hands, body and feet path B.
Back: STR, attack/acc, DA+10
Adhemar feet HQ doesn't beat lustra HQ, which I can't afford. But it seems to beat NQ. Since I'm too cheap and broke for herc augments I just stick with it. No Lustra HQ head for the same reason.

If attack is capped then regal to epona, Meg+2 legs to Samnuha max.
I have plans to get a seething bomblet +1 for reso because of acc, so ammo is kinda wip.

Both sets have low acc because my QA augments don't come with high acc. But I find it more equal that way and I can just adjust brd buffs for it. If I tp in adhemar NQ or even HQ my tp acc would be way higher than reso set acc. I still need acc songs for ws but that extra acc would be a waste on tp set.

Am I on the right track? Or is it better to tp in adhemar HQ gears and ws in something else instead? If that's the case then I'd have to augment herc or ws in adhemar NQ. Since 80% of my dmg came from ws it seems to make more sense to focus on higher ws avg.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-12-11 22:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't kept up with most of the XI side of the forums in a while since I stopped playing again a year or so ago, but if anyone wants to be a curator for the thread to update it or whatever, let me know and I'll give you permissions.
By Celther 2017-12-12 01:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we come to an agreement on the whole Lustratio vs. Adhemar HQ Head argument yet? Seems to have just kinda ended lol.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2017-12-12 07:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a few days off for the holiday break I can try to bring the whole thing up to modern standards if no one else has done so by then and I still have access.

I've only been back for a few months but it shouldn't be a huge issue.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-14 10:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Switching topics with a quick question:

Raetic Chopper/+1 is RUN's best Gaxe. Have Lionheart, just wondering how practical it is to grab something like this, for (mainly) Armor Break, but also being more skillchain flexibile. Even with AM3, GS isn't always the most SC friendly.

So how is Raetic Chopper parsing nowadays? Close to GS or no?
By geigei 2017-12-14 11:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cant even compare gaxe with gs, is basically armor break/CP sc opener.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-14 11:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll stick with Beheader then, thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 188 189 190